Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1101 » by Jedzz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:30 am

mandurugo wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
mandurugo wrote:
So your new theory is that they didn't want him out to play with somebody else in their 20's, but that they didn't respect him? And perhaps it wasn't both Towns and Wiggins, but only Towns? It seems your beliefs are pretty flexible... ;) Perhaps you're right, but I remain unconvinced. Well, not that you need to convince me, this is all water under the bridge.

No theories or changing theories at all
. Yes we are just reminiscing. Nothing to get excited over. The additional tack of respect issues was just in case you needed extra validation of the rift that existed. It was funny you brought up Teague. Teague was one of the idiots that elevated the Rubio disrespect around the league at the time, by bullying him on the court not once but I think twice. Other players started raining on him a bit. Butler might have chimed in and piled on from afar at the time. I don't think Thibs liked Rubio at all. Just a guess. However the Teague pickup after Rubio was sent away almost seemed like a twist of the knife after he was already gone.

I hated Rubio's headcase shooting problem as much as anyone while here. I was loud about it. But mostly because I could see how gifted he was at anything else, and yet there was this disconnect for shooting focus. I wanted a shooter, won't lie. But when the Butler trade happened I wanted him to stay to hold the team together, be the bridge of it all.

Thibs and Butler likely ushered Rubio out. But Kat/Wiggins already had issues with him.

Wait... so you still believe that Towns and Wiggins successfully lobbied management to remove Rubio and replace him with a 20 year old point guard... even though that never happened. Are you unaware of history? Do you exist in an alternate timeline in which your theory came true? I would respond to the rest of what you wrote, but this is quite interesting. Please explain further how your theory is correct?

ugh. One of these guys.

Towns and Wiggins didn't lobby to keep him. If they did, he would have never been traded.

Wasn't replaced with a 20 year old, because Dunn was already older than that and just drafted. Thibs had his own ideas of building a team. I didn't claim Wiggins/Towns got everything they wanted. But as you know, Towns is still trying to get his buddies here.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#1102 » by mandurugo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:36 am

Jedzz wrote:
mandurugo wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
No theories or changing theories at all
. Yes we are just reminiscing. Nothing to get excited over. The additional tack of respect issues was just in case you needed extra validation of the rift that existed. It was funny you brought up Teague. Teague was one of the idiots that elevated the Rubio disrespect around the league at the time, by bullying him on the court not once but I think twice. Other players started raining on him a bit. Butler might have chimed in and piled on from afar at the time. I don't think Thibs liked Rubio at all. Just a guess. However the Teague pickup after Rubio was sent away almost seemed like a twist of the knife after he was already gone.

I hated Rubio's headcase shooting problem as much as anyone while here. I was loud about it. But mostly because I could see how gifted he was at anything else, and yet there was this disconnect for shooting focus. I wanted a shooter, won't lie. But when the Butler trade happened I wanted him to stay to hold the team together, be the bridge of it all.

Thibs and Butler likely ushered Rubio out. But Kat/Wiggins already had issues with him.

Wait... so you still believe that Towns and Wiggins successfully lobbied management to remove Rubio and replace him with a 20 year old point guard... even though that never happened. Are you unaware of history? Do you exist in an alternate timeline in which your theory came true? I would respond to the rest of what you wrote, but this is quite interesting. Please explain further how your theory is correct?

ugh. One of these guys.

Towns and Wiggins didn't lobby to keep him. If they did, he would have never been traded.

Wasn't replaced with a 20 year old, because Dunn was already older than that and just drafted. Thibs had his own ideas of building a team. I didn't claim Wiggins/Towns got everything they wanted. But as you know, Towns is still trying to get his buddies here.

Ah, so now your theory is that management wanted to get rid of Rubio, and they succeeded because Towns and Wiggins didn't lobby for him? But somehow Towns is still lobbying management to get his buddies here? Who are the buddies he's trying to get here? Are they any good at basketball? Do they have feelings about Rubio?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1103 » by Jedzz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:39 am

mandurugo wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
mandurugo wrote:

ugh. One of these guys.

Ah, so now your theory is that management wanted to get rid of Rubio, and they succeeded because Towns and Wiggins didn't lobby for him? But somehow Towns is still lobbying management to get his buddies here? Who are the buddies he's trying to get here? Are they any good at basketball? Do they have feelings about Rubio?

No my theory now is that you have been stuck in 9th grade for longer than you understand. If you want to play games on the internet there are much better ones than this. If you want to quote one of my posts in the future and have a discussion I welcome it. But I'll need you to do some remedial reading lessons for a while first before I'll entertain it. I'll give you some time to complete this. Say 6 months.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#1104 » by mandurugo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:27 am

Jedzz wrote:
mandurugo wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
ugh. One of these guys.

No my theory now is that you have been stuck in 9th grade for longer than you understand. If you want to play games on the internet there are much better ones than this. If you want to quote one of my posts in the future and have a discussion I welcome it. But I'll need you to do some remedial reading lessons for a while first before I'll entertain it. I'll give you some time to complete this. Say 6 months.

Hmmm. So did I misrepresent what you said in some way? It's fine with me if your new theory is that Towns (and possibly Wiggins?) lobbied for Rubio's removal but didn't get what they wanted. But surely we shouldn't post a theory that basic facts refute? And if that is your current theory, shouldn't you be the one to say it explicitly? Plus, I'm starting to detect a bit of hostility in your responses. Is that just me, or are you trying to insult me?
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#1105 » by PharmD » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:06 am

I don't remember any "Towns and Wiggins don't want to follow Rubio" stuff. I do remember hearing that Rubio and Thibs didn't get along because Ricky wanted the team to be really close like a family and Thibs "hates that touchy feely crap" (actual quote).
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#1106 » by minimus » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Should be 1+3 deal. Please Rosas
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#1107 » by TheProdigy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:45 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

I was pretty high on him when we drafted him. Wouldn't mind bringing him back to play in G League.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#1108 » by LibertyPrime » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:16 am

DaKidKG wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

I was pretty high on him when we drafted him. Wouldn't mind bringing him back to play in G League.

Let's do it! Let's corner the market on stretch 5's!
"The last domino falls here!"
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#1109 » by Calinks » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:43 am

Teagues stats are pretty underwhelming. What happened to him?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#1110 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:54 am

Calinks wrote:Teagues stats are pretty underwhelming. What happened to him?

Well he's playing less because he's behind Young now. He's actually doing better on 3s, but putrid inside the arc.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1111 » by Calinks » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:00 am

Wiggins having a decent game. Warriors fans are feeling him. Happy to see him getting support and love. He has a chance to turn things around.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1112 » by Calinks » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:02 am

Maybe Wiggins will actually get foul calls now that he's on a respectable franchise.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#1113 » by LibertyPrime » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:11 am

Calinks wrote:Wiggins having a decent game. Warriors fans are feeling him. Happy to see him getting support and love. He has a chance to turn things around.

5 steals too! Good defensive effort from him after some initial miscues.
"The last domino falls here!"
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1114 » by Jedzz » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:36 am

Calinks wrote:Maybe Wiggins will actually get foul calls now that he's on a respectable franchise.
He did seem to get them easier. Doesn't mean he hit his FT shots any better though. So that will likely dry up. Maybe Kerr can fix his FT shooting head with some mind tricks.

Marques Chriss stole the show for them this game. I was surprised Wiggins looked like he knew what was going on more than half the time. The rest was sort of the Wiggins we know.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1115 » by Jedzz » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:41 am

LibertyPrime wrote:
Calinks wrote:Wiggins having a decent game. Warriors fans are feeling him. Happy to see him getting support and love. He has a chance to turn things around.

5 steals too! Good defensive effort from him after some initial miscues.

He's going to be forced to defend some good players for the rest of this season. That's a minimized roster over there right now. Saw him on Anthony Davis and Lebron at times tonight. This might just force Wiggins to develop his game some and stop acting like a 6-2 player and start realizing his size.
Loyal[]Wolf
Bench Warmer
And1: 455

Post#1116 » by Loyal[]Wolf » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:56 am

Happy for Wiggins. Hope he finds love and comfort there.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#1117 » by minimus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:56 am

We traded him, but I am still watching his highlights. Who knew...
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 367

Post#1118 » by gandlogo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:08 am

WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#1119 » by WhateverBro » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:22 am

Ainge must've been waiting like wtf are the Wolves doing... and now just said screw it, we'll do it anyway. Its a shame Glen Taylor is letting his feelings towards KG stand in the way of it happening on the Wolves.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#1120 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:46 am

WhateverBro wrote:Its a shame Glen Taylor is letting his feelings towards KG stand in the way of it happening on the Wolves.

Try the other way around....
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves