ImageImageImage

Welcome Trey Burke

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Re: Welcome Trey Burke 

Post#181 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:09 am

Trey Burke is our 4th most productive player on a per minute basis yet is 10th in mpg.

It's ridiculous that he hasn't been given a consistent 25 mpg role, at this point.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#182 » by 76ciology » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:29 am

Highest NetRtg on the team
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#183 » by Da ThRONe » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:44 pm

What was the point of picking up Burke's contract? If I was his team I'd push for a release. You could argue Trey has been the 3rd best player on the team behind Embiid and Simmons and yet can't get off the bench. It's hurting his career for no logical reason. He's been better than Neto and almost every way.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#184 » by phillynative » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:15 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:What was the point of picking up Burke's contract? If I was his team I'd push for a release. You could argue Trey has been the 3rd best player on the team behind Embiid and Simmons and yet can't get off the bench. It's hurting his career for no logical reason. He's been better than Neto and almost every way.

I was with you untill the bolded
Da ThRONe
Veteran

Post#185 » by Da ThRONe » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:26 pm

phillynative wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:What was the point of picking up Burke's contract? If I was his team I'd push for a release. You could argue Trey has been the 3rd best player on the team behind Embiid and Simmons and yet can't get off the bench. It's hurting his career for no logical reason. He's been better than Neto and almost every way.

I was with you untill the bolded

I obviously mean within a per min basis. Of course with Harris, Richardson, Horford, Korkmaz, Thybulle etc. all getting more mins they're having greater impact. But Trey's PER is above every one of those names except Harris. And he has a skill set that none of those guys can add that is sorely needed to the team. So again an argument IMO can be made.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#186 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:57 pm

I don't think it's a stretch to say that this team would be the #1 seed if we just decided to start Burke instead of Horford. Our lineup would be way more dynamic.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,033

Post#187 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:27 pm

Almost makes you want to do a Tonya Harding on Neto.

BB is so pig headed that it gets irritating. His response to this would be some kind of gimberish that would only make sense to goblins and gargoyles.

Neto must be holding on to pics of BB and TJ.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,442

Post#188 » by Eyeamok » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Maybe they are featuring Neto so they can include him in a trade.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#189 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:31 pm

I was just thinking about this after Richardson injury.

Burke and Thybulle starting with Horford at C and Harris at PF would be quite fun. Even once Embiid is back I'd love to see Horford come off the bench and Burke get some more time with the other starters.
Kobblehead wrote:I don't think it's a stretch to say that this team would be the #1 seed if we just decided to start Burke instead of Horford. Our lineup would be way more dynamic.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#190 » by agiaco » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I don't think it's a stretch to say that this team would be the #1 seed if we just decided to start Burke instead of Horford. Our lineup would be way more dynamic.

The number one seed...lol. C'mon bro. Total stretch. Burke is a nice scoring punch off the bench and I wish he was utilized properly, but he's not a starter on a top team.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#191 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:45 pm

agiaco wrote:

The number one seed...lol. C'mon bro. Total stretch. Burke is a nice scoring punch off the bench and I wish he was utilized properly, but he's not a starter on a top team.

His skillset and production would tie everything else we have going on in the starting lineup together.

Embiid
Harris
Simmons
Richardson
Burke

Makes a lot of sense on the court. Way more sense than Horford and his non-dynamic self and clunky, unnecessary fit.
agiaco
Analyst

Post#192 » by agiaco » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
agiaco wrote:

His skillset and production would tie everything else we have going on in the starting lineup together.

Embiid
Harris
Simmons
Richardson
Burke

Makes a lot of sense on the court. Way more sense than Horford and his non-dynamic self and clunky, unnecessary fit.

I don't disagree that it's a more balanced lineup. But to say Trey Burke is the difference between jumping 5 spots and being the number one seed over the Bucks, no way. Rose is a much better player and even if they ended up acquiring him, he's not going to propel the Sixers that much.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#193 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:06 pm

I dunno, I just think having your 4th most productive player on a per minute basis playing starters minutes instead of buried out of the lineup 80% of the time would result in a lot more wins.
agiaco
Analyst

Post#194 » by agiaco » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:14 pm

I don't understand why he's buried so much. Has to be some weird preferences for Brown. At this point they should move guys like Scott, Burke, Neto, Smith and even Thybulle if they want to go all-in and get another couple of contributors.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#195 » by XDevilBoiX » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:05 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:Almost makes you want to do a Tonya Harding on Neto.

BB is so pig headed that it gets irritating. His response to this would be some kind of gimberish that would only make sense to goblins and gargoyles.

Neto must be holding on to pics of BB and TJ.

He’s the one holding this team back, they’re underachieving under him. Even if they trade for a needle mover, this team isn’t going to any finals.

I can’t wait til the summer for a change, hopefully from top to bottom.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#196 » by phillynative » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Its obvious whether brett admits it or not he has a preference for netto . Now does he get more burn now that jrich is out?
agiaco
Analyst

Post#197 » by agiaco » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:37 pm

phillynative wrote:Its obvious whether brett admits it or not he has a preference for netto . Now does he get more burn now that jrich is out?

Judging by Shake's minutes yesterday it's questionable.
Da ThRONe
Veteran

Post#198 » by Da ThRONe » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:27 pm

agiaco wrote:

It hard to place value on a seed. However Burke has been really good in his limited role and mins.

Look at the Bucks, besides Giannis who else on that team is great? In a vacuum you had to choose players off the two roster 5 of the top 7 would be sixers. Depending on each person's ranking you could make the argument that after Antetokounmpo the next 4 players would be Sixers. So why then are the 6ers in the 6th spot and the Bucks running away with the league? Clearly coaching and fit. Burke theoretically fixes the problem with the 6ers if he's starts and receives starter mins.

So while Burke may not be the a franchise player(or maybe he is never know until he's given a chance) saying the balance his skillset brings puts 6ers a title contention isn't crazy.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#199 » by phillynative » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:01 am

Da ThRONe wrote:
agiaco wrote:

It hard to place value on a seed. However Burke has been really good in his limited role and mins.

Look at the Bucks, besides Giannis who else on that team is great? In a vacuum you had to choose players off the two roster 5 of the top 7 would be sixers. Depending on each person's ranking you could make the argument that after Antetokounmpo the next 4 players would be Sixers. So why then are the 6ers in the 6th spot and the Bucks running away with the league? Clearly coaching and fit. Burke theoretically fixes the problem with the 6ers if he's starts and receives starter mins.

So while Burke may not be the a franchise player(or maybe he is never know until he's given a chance) saying the balance his skillset brings puts 6ers a title contention isn't crazy.

Jrich=Bledsoe

Tobias=Middleton

The difference is A Giannis is a superstar
B Team has continuity
C Pieces fit the superstar
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,885

Post#200 » by mjkvol » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:22 am

Eyeamok wrote:Maybe they are featuring Neto so they can include him in a trade.

I'd be willing to bet this is the case. They want to use Neto as a throw in, and are burying Burke to hide him. There's no other logical explanation.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers