ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1221 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:20 am

You would give up both Burks and WCS for a 2nd round pick? Seems like either one would get a pick. And if you lose both, even if you convert Bowman, you still have to sign another player to get to 14.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Post#1222 » by whatisacenter » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:32 am

Burks alone should fetch at least a second round pick. He could really help a playoff team with some scoring off the bench and he has been nothing but a solid-no maintenance pro this season for the Warriors. WCS is another story, I have been mostly underwhelmed by his play this season but then every once in a while he looks engaged and plays pretty good switching defense, protects the rim and plays a pretty good pick and roll while providing a vertical threat. Not sure what his value is around the league.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#1223 » by OptionZero » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:39 am

the stupid player option we gave him for above the min next year impacts his value nagatively
OptionZero
Starter

Post#1224 » by OptionZero » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:40 am

xdrta+ wrote:You would give up both Burks and WCS for a 2nd round pick? Seems like either one would get a pick. And if you lose both, even if you convert Bowman, you still have to sign another player to get to 14.

He's negative value to us and probably alot of teams due to his player option.

if someone wants to give us a pick and a minimum back, we'd free up money, a cap space, and get that pick, i wouldn't complain

It would let us sign bowman to a multi year deal like Lee and lock in another cheap rotation player for next year and beyond

Remember our coach is Steve Kerr who has a raging boner for mediocre center. WCS is 26 - 4 years older than Chriss/Spellman, yet he starts and plays WCS down the stretch when we're in a development year and should be giving that time to the younger dudes

WCS is a known commodity. A head case that doesn't know how to use his size or athleticism ideally and takes way too many shots he shouldn't and misses way too many at the rim. He's soft and low BBIQ. Punt immediately to save Kerr from himself

We'd have won in 2016 if Myers had cut Varejao before the playoffs

We'd have won in 2019 if we gave Damion Lee a roster spot instead of that bum Damian Jones. Folks said the end of the roster wouldn't matter but we were soooo desperate for any wing player that could do anything that Lee woulda swung things
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#1225 » by azwfan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:49 am

OptionZero wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:You would give up both Burks and WCS for a 2nd round pick? Seems like either one would get a pick. And if you lose both, even if you convert Bowman, you still have to sign another player to get to 14.

He's negative value to us and probably alot of teams due to his player option.

if someone wants to give us a pick and a minimum back, we'd free up money, a cap space, and get that pick, i wouldn't complain

It would let us sign bowman to a multi year deal like Lee and lock in another cheap rotation player for next year and beyond

Remember our coach is Steve Kerr who has a raging boner for mediocre center. WCS is 26 - 4 years older than Chriss/Spellman, yet he starts and plays WCS down the stretch when we're in a development year and should be giving that time to the younger dudes

WCS is a known commodity. A head case that doesn't know how to use his size or athleticism ideally and takes way too many shots he shouldn't and misses way too many at the rim. He's soft and low BBIQ. Punt immediately to save Kerr from himself

We'd have won in 2016 if Myers had cut Varejao before the playoffs

We'd have won in 2019 if we gave Damion Lee a roster spot instead of that bum Damian Jones. Folks said the end of the roster wouldn't matter but we were soooo desperate for any wing player that could do anything that Lee woulda swung things

We had an open roster spot and used it on Bogut. Nobody was on here saying anything about it at the time.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
OptionZero
Starter

Post#1226 » by OptionZero » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:59 am

I’m kicking myself for not thinking of this: we can expand the TPE by using it to take in an expiring contract in July. That contract can then be flipped for a BIGGER salary than $17.2m

So:
TPE for James Johnson’s $16m expiring, MIA might even pay us to take it
James Johnson expiring and....the 2020 pick? To IND for Myles Turner ($17.5m)
That’s basically trading the TPE and pick for Turner with a step in between

Then flip D’Lo for whatever
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#1227 » by killmongrel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:28 am

OptionZero wrote:I’m kicking myself for not thinking of this: we can expand the TPE by using it to take in an expiring contract in July. That contract can then be flipped for a BIGGER salary than $17.2m

So:
TPE for James Johnson’s $16m expiring, MIA might even pay us to take it
James Johnson expiring and....the 2020 pick? To IND for Myles Turner ($17.5m)
That’s basically trading the TPE and pick for Turner with a step in between

Then flip D’Lo for whatever

I didn't think about that either. Use TPE+2nd round pick on Dieng. Bundle Dieng+Jacob Evans+Lee+Spellman+picks,etc for Steven Adams.
OptionZero
Starter

Post#1228 » by OptionZero » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:12 pm

wait why the hell would we do that? lmao you're using my idea but in a terrrible way
draft picks of ****' steven adams? get outta here
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#1229 » by killmongrel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:01 pm

OptionZero wrote:wait why the hell would we do that? lmao you're using my idea but in a terrrible way
draft picks of ****' steven adams? get outta here

I agree, Steven Adams and his contract aren't exactly that appealing, but at least it wouldn't cost us our 2020 1st round pick. Also, I don't see Indiana trading Myles for a salary dump of a player and a crappy draft class pick.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#1230 » by wco81 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Supposedly Covington is in demand by a lot of playoffs teams as the best available wing to defend Lebron and Giannis.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#1231 » by xdrta+ » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1232 » by Quazza » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:23 pm

Sounds like it's for a second round pick

Meh
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#1233 » by TB » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:55 pm

Biggest win of the year so far.

Burks next, hopefully for a late 1st.
OptionZero
Starter

Post#1234 » by OptionZero » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:15 am

OptionZero wrote:
Also, with Dwight Powell going down for maybe even a year, DAL needs a rim running center. They might even want Burks!

:D
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#1235 » by azwfan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:12 am

Is the 2020 Jazz 2nd rd pick enough to dump Jacob Evans on any poor unsuspecting team out there?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#1236 » by wco81 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:39 am

Yeah using a late second round pick might be a detriment on a roster unless they get lucky.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#1237 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:00 am

TB wrote:Biggest win of the year so far.

If I was to guess, I’d say he’s going to go to Philadelphia for the Knicks’ 2nd round pick (i.e. probably will be between 32 and 35. Technically, Philly has the rights to the better of the Knicks or Nets’ pick, so it’ll be the Knicks.) Josh Richardson is hurt, out for a bit, and there was already talk about Philadelphia being interested in Burks’ scoring ability. That seems to be about the right value for Burks.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
OptionZero
Starter

Post#1238 » by OptionZero » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:27 am

azwfan wrote:Is the 2020 Jazz 2nd rd pick enough to dump Jacob Evans on any poor unsuspecting team out there?

Schlenk has the cap space to eat Evans and we know Myers has his cell phone number
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#1239 » by TB » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:14 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
TB wrote:Biggest win of the year so far.

If I was to guess, I’d say he’s going to go to Philadelphia for the Knicks’ 2nd round pick (i.e. probably will be between 32 and 35. Technically, Philly has the rights to the better of the Knicks or Nets’ pick, so it’ll be the Knicks.) Josh Richardson is hurt, out for a bit, and there was already talk about Philadelphia being interested in Burks’ scoring ability. That seems to be about the right value for Burks.

Sounds about right to me.
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#1240 » by kingcong95 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:21 pm

OptionZero wrote:
azwfan wrote:Is the 2020 Jazz 2nd rd pick enough to dump Jacob Evans on any poor unsuspecting team out there?

Schlenk has the cap space to eat Evans and we know Myers has his cell phone number

I'd give them the Utah pick. We have 11 guaranteed contracts for next year and don't really need to draft someone that late. Atlanta is also missing their next two seconds.

Return to Golden State Warriors