Welcome Trey Burke

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Re: Welcome Trey Burke 

Post#201 » by Eyeamok » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:18 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:Maybe they are featuring Neto so they can include him in a trade.

I'd be willing to bet this is the case. They want to use Neto as a throw in, and are burying Burke to hide him. There's no other logical explanation.

We have to remember who we are dealing with here. It's coach Brown. Logic may not be a guiding principle here. But I hope it is.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#202 » by agiaco » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:46 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:
agiaco wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I don't think it's a stretch to say that this team would be the #1 seed if we just decided to start Burke instead of Horford. Our lineup would be way more dynamic.

The number one seed...lol. C'mon bro. Total stretch. Burke is a nice scoring punch off the bench and I wish he was utilized properly, but he's not a starter on a top team.

It hard to place value on a seed. However Burke has been really good in his limited role and mins.

Look at the Bucks, besides Giannis who else on that team is great? In a vacuum you had to choose players off the two roster 5 of the top 7 would be sixers. Depending on each person's ranking you could make the argument that after Antetokounmpo the next 4 players would be Sixers. So why then are the 6ers in the 6th spot and the Bucks running away with the league? Clearly coaching and fit. Burke theoretically fixes the problem with the 6ers if he's starts and receives starter mins.

So while Burke may not be the a franchise player(or maybe he is never know until he's given a chance) saying the balance his skillset brings puts 6ers a title contention isn't crazy.

Well for starters Budenholzer definitely runs circles around Brett Brown. I watch both teams the same amount and despite the Christmas day trouncing, I'd favor the Bucks in a series of 7 right now. Superior depth. They can easily go 10 deep while Philly struggles to roll out a few consistent bench guys. Systematically Lopez is better than Horford although I'd favor Al a little overall. Tobias and Middleton are equal. Bled or Midds better than JRich.

Look at the stats when Giannis is off the court. The Bucks are still a top 3 team. The Sixers are already in the title contention with their starting 5 alone. I was lobbying for Burke minutes 5 games into the season, but I think they need more than him taking a starting role to push them over the hump.

Get one more impact guy like Covington, Gallo, Bogdon, Rose etc. then we're talking. Ideally they get someone like Gallinari and start him alongside Embiid and let Al play without Joel. The 4/5 fit is more of an issue than Trey Burke not getting 25 minutes per game.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#203 » by Da ThRONe » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:59 pm

agiaco wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:
agiaco wrote:
The number one seed...lol. C'mon bro. Total stretch. Burke is a nice scoring punch off the bench and I wish he was utilized properly, but he's not a starter on a top team.

It hard to place value on a seed. However Burke has been really good in his limited role and mins.

Look at the Bucks, besides Giannis who else on that team is great? In a vacuum you had to choose players off the two roster 5 of the top 7 would be sixers. Depending on each person's ranking you could make the argument that after Antetokounmpo the next 4 players would be Sixers. So why then are the 6ers in the 6th spot and the Bucks running away with the league? Clearly coaching and fit. Burke theoretically fixes the problem with the 6ers if he's starts and receives starter mins.

So while Burke may not be the a franchise player(or maybe he is never know until he's given a chance) saying the balance his skillset brings puts 6ers a title contention isn't crazy.

Well for starters Budenholzer definitely runs circles around Brett Brown. I watch both teams the same amount and despite the Christmas day trouncing, I'd favor the Bucks in a series of 7 right now. Superior depth. They can easily go 10 deep while Philly struggles to roll out a few consistent bench guys. Systematically Lopez is better than Horford although I'd favor Al a little overall. Tobias and Middleton are equal. Bled or Midds better than JRich.

Look at the stats when Giannis is off the court. The Bucks are still a top 3 team. The Sixers are already in the title contention with their starting 5 alone. I was lobbying for Burke minutes 5 games into the season, but I think they need more than him taking a starting role to push them over the hump.

Get one more impact guy like Covington, Gallo, Bogdon, Rose etc. then we're talking. Ideally they get someone like Gallinari and start him alongside Embiid and let Al play without Joel. The 4/5 fit is more of an issue than Trey Burke not getting 25 minutes per game.

The 4/5 fit is a problem because there's no true PG. If Simmons is out and Burke is in that fixes the 4/5 issue. The problem is no one respects Simmons as a shooter. That just doesn't work in today's NBA. The 6ers starters consist of 1 SG, 2 PF's, and 2 C's.

Check the stats most of the Sixers best lineup on a per possession basis feature Burke(albeit in limited mins).
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,476

Post#204 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Felt like just a topic or two ago I was being told net rating didn't matter. But now it justifies a 15 game swing on a season as a result of Trey Burke, which would be his first 15 game swing of his career.

I miss this board being a bit more reasonable in their takes. Or at least more open to the fallibility of the extreme takes posted. Instead there seems a strong relationship between how outlier a take is, and how strongly any stance against it is criticized.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#205 » by Kobblehead » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:41 pm

I hope Burke complains on social media again. It's pretty ridiculous that one of the 5 most productive players on the roster is banished to the doghouse in favor of far less talented players than him.
Da ThRONe
Veteran

Post#206 » by Da ThRONe » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:28 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Felt like just a topic or two ago I was being told net rating didn't matter. But now it justifies a 15 game swing on a season as a result of Trey Burke, which would be his first 15 game swing of his career.

I miss this board being a bit more reasonable in their takes. Or at least more open to the fallibility of the extreme takes posted. Instead there seems a strong relationship between how outlier a take is, and how strongly any stance against it is criticized.

The last time Burke was given consistent starter mins he played at an all-star level. With that said I think the idea that
Burke could make a huge impact is less about Trey himself and more the skillset he provides. You could add almost any fairly efficient scoring PG and expect the same positive impact.
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#207 » by downtownpie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:20 am

Are they pumping Neto to move him?
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#208 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:35 am

How though? Neto can't put up any production when he's on the court so there's nothing to pump. The only guy with a production spike right now is Korkmaz. Maybe he's the guy getting lowkey shopped. We already know the front office hates him.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#209 » by agiaco » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:42 am

Kobblehead wrote:How though? Neto can't put up any production when he's on the court so there's nothing to pump. The only guy with a production spike right now is Korkmaz. Maybe he's the guy getting lowkey shopped. We already know the front office hates him.

I was about to order a Korkmaz jersey the other day and now you have me scared.
Da ThRONe
Veteran

Post#210 » by Da ThRONe » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:09 am

Just looking back at what Burke did for Dallas. Now imagine if Brown would have played him even half as much as he should have. It was obvious very early on that Burke should have moved to the starting line up. Wasted season for the 6ers. Well at least the fired BB not sure how much better off they are with Doc Rivers though.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,345

Post#211 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:08 am

Da ThRONe wrote:Just looking back at what Burke did for Dallas. Now imagine if Brown would have played him even half as much as he should have. It was obvious very early on that Burke should have moved to the starting line up. Wasted season for the 6ers. Well at least the fired BB not sure how much better off they are with Doc Rivers though.

Its really a weird dynamic with the PG position, brett and ben. I find brett is not Ok with a PG who can be better than Ben on offense, that’s why he always prefer PG who are as inferior as ben on offense like Neto or TJ.

That said, I thought this post was about signing Burke and turning him into a 6th man like how doc used Lou will. :wink:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Da ThRONe
Veteran

Post#212 » by Da ThRONe » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:30 pm

76ciology wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:Just looking back at what Burke did for Dallas. Now imagine if Brown would have played him even half as much as he should have. It was obvious very early on that Burke should have moved to the starting line up. Wasted season for the 6ers. Well at least the fired BB not sure how much better off they are with Doc Rivers though.

Its really a weird dynamic with the PG position, brett and ben. I find brett is not Ok with a PG who can be better than Ben on offense, that’s why he always prefer PG who are as inferior as ben on offense like Neto or TJ.

That said, I thought this post was about signing Burke and turning him into a 6th man like how doc used Lou will. :wink:

Yeah just adding Milton to the starting lineup and playing Simmons at his natural forward position made a significant difference. Shake is solid but Trey's much better as a basket getter and playmaker. Just shows you the difference in quality coaching and guys like Brett Brown who let there pride get in the way of the team. Unfortunately for you guys Doc Rivers just made the same mistake against the Nuggets. He couldn't limit Harrell and Williams mins even though they weren't producing like they did outside the bubble.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,345

Post#213 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:07 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Yeah just adding Milton to the starting lineup and playing Simmons at his natural forward position made a significant difference. Shake is solid but Trey's much better as a basket getter and playmaker. Just shows you the difference in quality coaching and guys like Brett Brown who let there pride get in the way of the team. Unfortunately for you guys Doc Rivers just made the same mistake against the Nuggets. He couldn't limit Harrell and Williams mins even though they weren't producing like they did outside the bubble.

Na man..

The reason why Doc opted for Harrell is because he is losing the match-up against Zubac. So he had to find an angle where he can have an edge. This is what coaches do nowadays. If playing big doesnt, work they’d play small and the other way around. See the Lakers.

So he went to playing small. In theory, it should be tit for tat. But it didn’t work that way in actual. Because PG went from Playoff P to Pandemic P.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers