2019-20 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Re: 2019-20 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#141 » by Foye » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Signing guys like Xhaka and Götze is the best way to burn money fast while not having much success at all.

With those 250 mil., Hertha should compete with clubs like Dortmund to sign the best young talent available.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#142 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:46 am

Is a potential signing of Götze by Hertha a serious consideration or only name-dropping?
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,530

Post#143 » by Andi Obst » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:04 pm

Foye wrote:Signing guys like Xhaka and Götze is the best way to burn money fast while not having much success at all.

I would definitely agree that some of the names that have been mentioned seem like typical "big name signings" with no real plan behind it. I'm worried about Hertha wasting all the money on overrated players, that's for sure. I'm also concerned about the big role Klinsmann plays in all of this because it seems like Windhorst basically gave him the power to do whatever he wants to. If this all goes wrong (and it could go terribly wrong) we could easily find ourselves in the second BL with some big contracts and an investor who stopped caring by the time he found out his "big city club" vision (whatever the hell that even means) is just not realistic. Also, the idea of building an entirely new team in the middle of the season just doesn't seem to be a smart approach. Windhorst and Klinsmann want Hertha to act like a Champions League team RIGHT NOW while they're still in the relegation battle.

But, here's the thing: at least something is happening with this club. Hertha has been the most boring team in the league for quite some time now. There's no real hope for more than a mid-table finish and maybe a handful of exciting games every season. At the end of the day, even though it's a risk, it's worth it because there's at least hope this makes things more interesting and gives fans something to cheer for in the future. This might sound desperate, but it feels like there's not much to lose at this point. I know I'm far from the only one who feels that way. So I don't know what to expect, really, and I certainly won't get my hopes up yet, but I'm looking forward to the future. This is a big chance for Hertha.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#144 » by Andi Obst » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:16 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:Is a potential signing of Götze by Hertha a serious consideration or only name-dropping?

I believe some of it is for real because Windhorst is ready to spend right now, but most of it is just rumors with no substance. That's usually how it goes when a team announces that they're willing to make big chances.

Foye

Post#145 » by Foye » Sat Jan 4, 2020 5:54 pm

If I was Hertha, I would put every penny of those 250 mil. € in building one of the best stadiums in the league with 70k and leave room for extending the capacity even further.

I dont know much about Hertha training facilities. But if they require work...invest in them as well.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#146 » by Andi Obst » Sun Jan 5, 2020 12:21 pm

Foye wrote:If I was Hertha, I would put every penny of those 250 mil. € in building one of the best stadiums in the league with 70k and leave room for extending the capacity even further.

I dont know much about Hertha training facilities. But if they require work...invest in them as well.

70K? I would much rather see a smaller, modern stadium that has been built to be a soccer stadium. But this is Berlin, projects as big as this will take decades.

Foye

Post#147 » by Foye » Tue Jan 7, 2020 1:35 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Foye wrote:If I was Hertha, I would put every penny of those 250 mil. € in building one of the best stadiums in the league with 70k and leave room for extending the capacity even further.

70K? I would much rather see a smaller, modern stadium that has been built to be a soccer stadium. But this is Berlin, projects as big as this will take decades.

The goal is to build a super team no? If you want to do that...think big. Stadium and training ground are important.
If the stadium is big and modern, people will come even to see just the stadium. If the on pitch product is good, it will always be sold out.
Foye

Post#148 » by Foye » Tue Jan 7, 2020 10:09 pm

Btw looking forward to see Haaland. Great job by Dortmund recruiting him.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#149 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:28 pm

Does anybody have the Sky-Ticket? With 9,99€ it is possible to watch CL or Bundesliga via this streaming provider, single games aren't important for me.
But how reliable is this? Or is it better to avoid that?
Foye

Post#150 » by Foye » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:09 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:Does anybody have the Sky-Ticket? With 9,99€ it is possible to watch CL or Bundesliga via this streaming provider, single games aren't important for me.
But how reliable is this? Or is it better to avoid that?

I have Sky Ticket
The good: You can watch on Smart TV, Mobile and Laptop. Only one device at same time, though. Although I believe they wanted to change to 2...so maybe it is 2.
As long as your internet connection is good, the quality of the stream should be no problem.
I never really had issues on Smart TV and Mobile.

The bad:
The sky ticket website and the player itself are rather crap in my opinion. Especially on laptop I sometimes have to multiple times logout and login until the stream is finally working. Smart TV and Mobile usually works, though.
For big games, the stream might crash ( it did last time Bayern played Dortmund)
It also sucks they have not reached the video on demand age yet. You cant rewind if you missed something important.

No idea why they fail to realize their Sky ticket player and the whole concept is outdated. Dazn is a much better webplayer in my honest opinion - about time they get the rights to show more Bundesliga games.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#151 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:09 pm

Ok good, thanks to your information.
I already have amazon prime and i love it. but i need the Bundesliga, so i thought that this is an interesting choice.
How is the quality? 1080p like prime?
Foye

Post#152 » by Foye » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:27 am

Don't know. 720p probably.I watched football and basetball on illegal streams for multiple years so its enough for me haha
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#153 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:07 pm

haha ok
watched?
anymore?
Foye

Post#154 » by Foye » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:04 pm

Haha not anymore.
I don't have any personal electronic devices except for tv. Everything else is owned by my company.
No use of illegal streams there haha. Could be costly. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Foye

Post#155 » by Foye » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:57 pm

Looking for a new team to support. Can't take the current incompetence in our front office. Suggestions? :D
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#156 » by Andi Obst » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:31 pm

Foye wrote:Looking for a new team to support. Can't take the current incompetence in our front office. Suggestions? :D

Sorry, can't help. We both seem to like terrible soccer clubs and basketball franchises.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#157 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:47 am

Foye wrote:Looking for a new team to support. Can't take the current incompetence in our front office. Suggestions? :D

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#158 » by PANDEMONEUM » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:45 am

hi all.
been watching Bund and following ur posts.

i only started watching BVB cause of Pulisic,
but i have found myself watching them every match.
i dont really have a team, or attached to anyone, but,
i guess i half to say BVB is one of my faves.

Halland is going to be fantastic.
2 sub appearances and hes scored in each.
hes a great fit for this BVB team. they are great in possession, but needed a top goal scorer, and someone to stretch the field. he keeps the CBs occupied, which allows others like Sancho and Reus to run in behind, and fill the spaces.

also, Giovani Reyna (son of american great Claudio Reyna)
made his debut at the same time,
and has also been used as a sub twice.
even tho today it was only for a few minutes.
hes just 17 tho, so hes behind all the other guys.
hes very good on the ball, and has good off ball movement for combination play.
hes definitely smooth.
has good size, so am pretty excited and sure he'll b productive as a starter in the Bund.

...anyone but Bayern please.

Leipzig, Adams.
BVB, Reyna.
Schalke, Weston.

just need,
Bremen, Sargent.
Dusseldorf, Steffen.
to start playing better so they dont get relegated to B2
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#159 » by The_Brecht » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Leipzig getting Dani Olmo for 25M is a steal.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Foye

Post#160 » by Foye » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:25 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Yeah. Already watching Liverpool whenever I want to see some great football.

Once you are done with Klopp can you please send him back? We need someone who has a clue what he is doing badly.

Return to The General Soccer Board