ImageImageImage

**The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread**

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1701 » by Dewey » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:13 pm

Mattya wrote:and I love that he thinks these stats were over the short term. Like you just proved how lazy you were because you still couldn't be bothered to look up the stats because KAT is still defending the rim at one of the top levels of all qualifying players.

http://conormclaughlin.net/2019/02/nba-rim-protection-in-2018-2019/ ... you mighta missed it. stats are stats, but this one even has a note* about KAT's struggles defensively.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#1702 » by Mattya » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:31 pm

Dewey wrote:
Mattya wrote:and I love that he thinks these stats were over the short term. Like you just proved how lazy you were because you still couldn't be bothered to look up the stats because KAT is still defending the rim at one of the top levels of all qualifying players.

http://conormclaughlin.net/2019/02/nba-rim-protection-in-2018-2019/ ... you mighta missed it. stats are stats, but this one even has a note* about KAT's struggles defensively.

You might have missed the date of this article...

We have things like the NBA stats tracking page which isn't a year out of date.

https://stats.nba.com/players/defense-dash-lt6/

That is a better defensive differential than Myles Turner, Joel Embiid, Hassan Whiteside, and Jarret Allen within 6 feet of the rim.
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#1703 » by Dewey » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:09 pm

Mattya wrote:
Dewey wrote:

That is a better defensive differential than Myles Turner, Joel Embiid, Hassan Whiteside, and Jarret Allen within 6 feet of the rim.

your free to select whatever data you want that supports your view ... if you dont filter to <6', there are 18 others ahead of him.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1704 » by Mattya » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Dewey wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Dewey wrote:http://conormclaughlin.net/2019/02/nba-rim-protection-in-2018-2019/ ... you mighta missed it. stats are stats, but this one even has a note* about KAT's struggles defensively.

your free to select whatever data you want that supports your view ...

It definitely helps having current data.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,956

Post#1705 » by shrink » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:43 pm

For the record, KAT has a surprisingly good number for holding opponents to a lower FG% at the rim.

This number surprised Britt Robson, who joked — yeah, if he breaks the defensive system by coming out to harass shooters, and the guy passes inside, he’s not close enough to have that easy bunny counted against him!

This is yet another reason why Vanterpool wants him to stay back down, and stop chasing shiny objects.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1706 » by Mattya » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:17 pm

shrink wrote:For the record, KAT has a surprisingly good number for holding opponents to a lower FG% at the rim.

This number surprised Britt Robson, who joked — yeah, if he breaks the defensive system by coming out to harass shooters, and the guy passes inside, he’s not close enough to have that easy bunny counted against him!

This is yet another reason why Vanterpool wants him to stay back down, and stop chasing shiny objects.

Plus Towns' footwork defending on the perimeter is pretty terrible. Which is pretty disappointing consider how much effort he put into that as a rookie.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1707 » by shrink » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:34 pm

Towns did not make the All Star game. I hope he responds.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#1708 » by Dewey » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:42 pm

shrink wrote:Towns did not make the All Star game. I hope he responds.

He's got bigger fish to fry anyway, so I hope he responds as well. Player by player around the league ya have to wonder what that moment entails where it clicks, a bell goes off, and they suddenly "get it"...
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#1709 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:55 pm

Dude is just clueless defensively and he whines a lot. Hope he changes that in the 2nd half of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,737

Post#1710 » by life_saver » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:45 pm

This team isn't going anywhere unless Towns improves defensively...I have given him benefit of doubt in previous seasons but I think it's about time that he is held responsible for some of the team's defensive woes. There is no reason why he can't atleast defend at the same level as someone like Jokic
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1711 » by Jedzz » Sat Feb 1, 2020 1:30 am

_AIJ_ wrote:Dude is just clueless defensively and he whines a lot. Hope he changes that in the 2nd half of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that the season is over, I hope he takes the rest of the year off. I've just cut off my access to watching the wolves and I'm not about to go searching for links for this farce any longer.

I don't want to watch Karl Anthony Towns whine and struggle anymore. I'm no longer impressed with 2 to 3 quarters of beast and 1 to 2 quarters of princess. I don't want to watch him more interested in acting for fouls than finishing a shot. I don't want to watch him getting so tired because he's out of shape that he's falling down when he gets stuffed and I can't tell if he's faking it for an excuse to draw a foul or just so tired he had to go down. One of the biggest guys on the court playing like one of the smallest often enough to make me sick of it. Yet he, whenever he feels like it, can turn on the beast mode we know he's capable of. I've put too much time in waiting for it now.
Magoose
Junior
And1: 136

Post#1712 » by Magoose » Sat Feb 1, 2020 11:46 am

Jedzz wrote:Yet he, whenever he feels like it, can turn on the beast mode we know he's capable of. I've put too much time in waiting for it now.

The problem of this team is that this could be said about both of our two "stars". One player with that kind of attitude could be hidden by team effort. To have two with that mindest is basically insurmountable for any team. Maybe that was what Jimmy Butler was trying to bring across in his very unique way.
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#1713 » by old school 34 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 1:27 pm

Magoose wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Yet he, whenever he feels like it, can turn on the beast mode we know he's capable of. I've put too much time in waiting for it now.

The problem of this team is that this could be said about both of our two "stars". One player with that kind of attitude could be hidden by team effort. To have two with that mindest is basically insurmountable for any team. Maybe that was what Jimmy Butler was trying to bring across in his very unique way.
Britt Robson's newest piece on KAT (Athletic subscription) is really well done....KAT, please read that & long look in mirror....wolves & his own future is kind of banking on it before we ever rise above the purgatory of being stuck just below the middle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#1714 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Feb 2, 2020 2:12 pm

Stone wrote:The last game KAT played in that the Wolves won was on 11/27 vs the Spurs...... :-o
Grubie024
Junior
And1: 411

Post#1715 » by Grubie024 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 3:18 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:
Stone wrote:The last game KAT played in that the Wolves won was on 11/27 vs the Spurs...... :-o

Ho.lee. S#&*
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1716 » by Jedzz » Sun Feb 2, 2020 8:04 pm

Magoose wrote:

I agree, it can be a backbreaker and is so frustrating to watch whether in a string of games three long or going on 8 to 10 in a row. I'm really forcing myself to walk away from watching games for a while. It's just aggravating.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1717 » by shrink » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:28 am

deleted
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1718 » by Jedzz » Mon Feb 3, 2020 2:01 am

shrink wrote:deleted
shrink
RealGM

Post#1719 » by shrink » Mon Feb 3, 2020 2:03 am

Oops, doing this on my phone. I’ll move it.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#1720 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:52 pm

Does anyone have a subscription to the Athletic?
Would like to read this garbage Towns is spewing.

“I ain’t trying to be on the losing side like that anymore. We’ve got to find ways to win,” Towns said. “We’ve got to do things differently, obviously. We’ve got to make those corrections and do those little things on the court — offensively, defensively, mentally. We’ve got to be better.” – via Jon Krawczynski @ The Athletic
Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves

Then STFU and play some D. Stop whining to the Refs. They ALL know, and they don't care.
Boy who cried Wolf....Get it?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves