ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Re: DeRozan is Shooting over 60 TS% 

Post#601 » by Senbonzakura » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:43 pm

alienchild wrote:Post this ish on the SAS board, the team he plays for.

No.

It's relevant to this board because he's an ex-player and one of the biggest influences in the history of our franchise and people are constantly dragging him in other threads.
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,410

Post#602 » by And1+2 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:45 pm

This has already been posted here not too long ago, and it turned into a massive thread. Probably better to find it and bump it.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#603 » by alienchild » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:47 pm

Senbonzakura wrote:
alienchild wrote:Post this ish on the SAS board, the team he plays for.

No.

It's relevant to this board because he's an ex-player and one of the biggest influences in the history of our franchise and people are constantly dragging him in other threads.

No, you're dragging him to this board. He's been traded. He's not a Raptor. Let it go.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#604 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:58 pm

Has been one of the best for almost a decade
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,741

Post#605 » by Yeezus_ » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:00 pm

Honestly heading into the season, I never would’ve thought he would be more efficient than Siakam.
Yeezy SZN approaching
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#606 » by Clay Davis » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:00 pm

There's a former Raptor thread.

Sent from my SM-A520W using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#607 » by SurgeIblocka » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:03 pm

People still valuing regular season Derozan over Playoff Derozan :roll: some just never learn!
gpoon
Pro Prospect
And1: 717

Post#608 » by gpoon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:04 pm

bring him home
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#609 » by 720 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:05 pm

He doesn’t shoot threes. I don’t care.
alienswon
Rookie
And1: 2,174

Post#610 » by alienswon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:05 pm

Only because people like to crucify him based on previous years' performances.

What people tend to overlook: 1) he played under Casey 2) teams loaded up on him because Ibaka/Val/CJ Miles/OG were not offensive threats, hence the spacing was garbage

When Nick took over he improved Ibaka's game and said "yea take those mid-range jumpers" and even ran those pick and rolls so he can shoot them.

IF you were to insert him on this team there are way more reliable shooters now than there were before. Part of this is the improved development and experience players have gained (VV, Powell, Siakam).

If he was on this team he is another player that could command double-teams. Additionally, you could get him to work the post on smaller defenders and draw double-teams which the raptors could punish by having shooters (VV, OG, Gasol, Lowry, Siakam) out there with him.

In the East, the shooting guards he would post-up on: J. Richardson/Thybulle/Korkmaz (sixers), Jaylen Brown/Hayward/Tatum (celts), Wesley Matthews (bucks), Jimmy Butter/Tyler Herro (heat), Oladipo/Brogdan (Pacers).

we only have 1 1-on-1 post player: Siakam.

And yes his defense is something people like to bring up, but the question that should be asked is whether his offensive presence does more than compensate for those shortcomings.

However, if the Raptors were willing to trade for him it would cost Ibaka or Gasol, which IMO is too much, unless there is a second trade to replace Ibaka.
Oakvillehoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,033

Post#611 » by Oakvillehoops » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:05 pm

He’s playing amazing, but he doesn’t space the floor like Siakam, and if Siakam lived in the paint his TS/efficiency would be off the charts
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#612 » by Klayforspicy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:10 pm

I would take for OG and fillers. Idgaf
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#613 » by Courtside » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Good for Demar, who gets better in some way every year. That will help him score a nicer contract this summer with one of the 29 other teams that aren't us.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#614 » by SHFT » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:15 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:Honestly heading into the season, I never would’ve thought he would be more efficient than Siakam.

Really? Siakams efficiency was always going to drop turning into the #1 guy and being forced to vastly expand his offensive arsenal for the first time. Pascal doesnt have a clear cut 2nd guy to share the load, more like 2 or 3 guys who take turns on any given night.

Demar knows what his bread and butter is and has been doing it for a long time. In theory, he has LMA to share the scoring load (no idea how LMA is playing this year).

Its not that surprising imo.

People slate Demar primarily because of his defence. I didnt have too much a problem with his offence here once he started taking SOME 3's to keep the defence honest. I can remember some games where he caught FIRE from beyond the arc.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,802

Post#615 » by Quattro » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:19 pm

Good for him. Nice to see a player buck all the analytics and go old school with the mid range game and be successful at it. It's too bad that he's never going to develop into a good defensive player. I was hoping that Pops would be able to finally hone that part of his game but he is what he is.
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer

Post#616 » by Senbonzakura » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:21 pm

SHFT wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:Honestly heading into the season, I never would’ve thought he would be more efficient than Siakam.

Really? Siakams efficiency was always going to drop turning into the #1 guy and being forced to vastly expand his offensive arsenal for the first time. Pascal doesnt have a clear cut 2nd guy to share the load, more like 2 or 3 guys who take turns on any given night.

Demar knows what his bread and butter is and has been doing it for a long time. In theory, he has LMA to share the scoring load (no idea how LMA is playing this year).

People slate Demar primarily because of his defence. I didnt have too much a problem with his offence here once he started taking SOME 3's to keep the defence honest. I can remember some games where he caught FIRE from beyond the arc.

What the **** are you talking about?

Lowry is averaging 20-7-5 on 58 TS% with a 116 oRTG and playing great defense. He's not a clear-cut 2nd guy? He's a better player than Aldridge.
smallgains
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,369

Post#617 » by smallgains » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:36 pm

If he only played defense....but he doesn't.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#618 » by SHFT » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:25 pm

Senbonzakura wrote:
SHFT wrote:

Lowry is averaging 20-7-5 on 58 TS% with a 116 oRTG and playing great defense. He's not a clear-cut 2nd guy? He's a better player than Aldridge.

lol chill out. Lowry is killing it but, historically, his game is not putting up 20+ ppg. I love that he recognizes that we need the scoring punch and is able to switch it up so quickly but unlike LMA, its not the primary part of his game. Lowry is a superstud on his own because he does everything else. When Lowry is scoring like this, he gets into another gear all together.

Never said he was worse than LMA lol.

Finally, the main point I was making is it does not surprise me at all that Demar (a polished and seasoned offensive player) is having a more efficient year than Pascal (whose story we all know by heart right now).
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,445

Post#619 » by mtcan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:39 pm

Senbonzakura wrote:
SHFT wrote:

Lowry ususally does this...the big all-star game push...and once all-star break passes...the numbers usually regress back to the mean.
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer

Post#620 » by Senbonzakura » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:21 pm

SHFT wrote:
Senbonzakura wrote:
SHFT wrote:

lol chill out. Lowry is killing it but, historically, his game is not putting up 20+ ppg. I love that he recognizes that we need the scoring punch and is able to switch it up so quickly but unlike LMA, its not the primary part of his game. Lowry is a superstud on his own because he does everything else. When Lowry is scoring like this, he gets into another gear all together.

Never said he was worse than LMA lol.

Finally, the main point I was making is it does not surprise me at all that Demar (a polished and seasoned offensive player) is having a more efficient year than Pascal (whose story we all know by heart right now).

Lowry has averaged over 20ppg twice during his time with the Raptors prior to this year, and about 18ppg for his entire time here. So again, you're chatting absolute ****. His scoring dipped last year because he was relegated to being the 3rd option and Kawhi took on a huge portion of the offensive load.

Return to Toronto Raptors