Jurassic_Park wrote:

Ahh damnit... :nonono:
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Toulouse
Junior
And1: 116

Re: Kobe & daughter Gianna have died in a helicopter crash 

Post#323 » by Toulouse » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:22 am

I am gutted and heartbroken over this and I’m from Chicago. I’ve always had a fondness for the Lakers and Kobe was my favorite player, even more so than Jordan. It’s so unfair and tragic, especially with his beautiful daughter Gigi being with him. I can’t stop being sad over this. I am grieving for this family who I’ve never met, I’m sure I’m not alone. Much love to the Bryant family and to all of LA and to you guys on this board. I’m rooting for the Lakers from here out.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,745

Post#324 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Lakers fam I hope you guys and gals are holding up during this awful, awful time, us folks from the Brooklyn board are hurting for guys, Kobe and Gigi's family, and the other victims as well, all of this is just tough to process. I just wanted to share this from last night if you didn't get to see it:

BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#325 » by Slava » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:42 pm

Jeanie Buss wrote:Kobe, I don’t know how to express what you mean to me, my family and the Los Angeles Lakers. My father loved you like a son, which makes us family. When you invited me to lunch shortly after my father passed away, I was struggling to find motivation and purpose. Kobe, you brought Gianna with you to spend some time with me. You explained that you wanted to show her that women can be leaders in the NBA, just like the men. At first, it seemed like an action of a devoted father setting an example for his daughter. But in actuality – and I am positively sure you knew EXACTLY what you were doing – what you did was give me the inspiration and strength I was searching for. I reflect on that day often and it makes me smile and it makes me strong. I call on that memory whenever I feel down and need a bit of courage. For everything you did on the court that filled me with so much joy and love, for all the lives you changed through basketball itself, it was that day with Gigi that reignited my drive and determination.
Vanessa, Natalia, Bianka, and Capri - I am so sorry for your loss. We are grateful to have you in our lives and we will always be here for you. To the families that also lost loved ones on Sunday, the entire Laker family mourns with you. Laker Nation - we are one family grieving the loss of people we all loved dearly. We will mourn together, cry together but we will also heal together, love together and win TOGETHER. We love you.
Kobe - that’s what you made you so unbelievably special. You not only inspired us towards greatness, you showed us the way. :
:
To learn more about how you can help the families affected by this tragedy go to MambaOnThree.org and to further Kobe and Gianna’s legacy in youth sports visit MambaSportsFoundation.org #peace #love #joy #family #Mamba #Mambacita #2 #8 #24 :
:
Picture taken in February 2016 on the way to #NBAAllStar game in #Toronto
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#326 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:12 pm

Slava wrote:

Jeanie Buss wrote:Kobe, I don’t know how to express what you mean to me, my family and the Los Angeles Lakers. My father loved you like a son, which makes us family. When you invited me to lunch shortly after my father passed away, I was struggling to find motivation and purpose. Kobe, you brought Gianna with you to spend some time with me. You explained that you wanted to show her that women can be leaders in the NBA, just like the men. At first, it seemed like an action of a devoted father setting an example for his daughter. But in actuality – and I am positively sure you knew EXACTLY what you were doing – what you did was give me the inspiration and strength I was searching for. I reflect on that day often and it makes me smile and it makes me strong. I call on that memory whenever I feel down and need a bit of courage. For everything you did on the court that filled me with so much joy and love, for all the lives you changed through basketball itself, it was that day with Gigi that reignited my drive and determination.
Vanessa, Natalia, Bianka, and Capri - I am so sorry for your loss. We are grateful to have you in our lives and we will always be here for you. To the families that also lost loved ones on Sunday, the entire Laker family mourns with you. Laker Nation - we are one family grieving the loss of people we all loved dearly. We will mourn together, cry together but we will also heal together, love together and win TOGETHER. We love you.
Kobe - that’s what you made you so unbelievably special. You not only inspired us towards greatness, you showed us the way. :
:
To learn more about how you can help the families affected by this tragedy go to MambaOnThree.org and to further Kobe and Gianna’s legacy in youth sports visit MambaSportsFoundation.org #peace #love #joy #family #Mamba #Mambacita #2 #8 #24 :
:
Picture taken in February 2016 on the way to #NBAAllStar game in #Toronto

****.. :cry:

I think I'm just about at the "go start a bar brawl" stage with all this. It's good for me to stay home.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#327 » by CjayC » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:48 pm

I'll never forget when I was a kid, and I couldn't stop saying "Kobe Bryant slam dunk giant!"

This feels like a horrible nightmare it's like a lost a member of my own family. RIP to Kobe, Gianna, and the other passengers.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#328 » by BEazy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:54 am

It's still hard to believe we won't be seeing Kobe and Gianna courtside at Laker games anymore. We probably won't see any of the Bryant family members at games anymore. Breaks my heart man...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,163

Post#329 » by Context » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:24 pm

Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#330 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:59 pm

I took the last five days off this board and away from social media as much as possible. The pain still lingers and I reckon that'll stay with me forever to some extent. My wife and I had got into discussions about Kobe last night and I started reminiscing about my childhood. To this day I still vividly remember shooting hoops in my backyard commentating and imitating Kobe. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Kobe at the buzzer....Rinse and repeat. It's crazy man, all of it. I'm slowing coming to peace with the whole tragedy, but I'm scared of what emotions tonight's game will evoke. That and his funeral/memorial will definitely be an emotional hurdle.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#331 » by Kilroy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:07 pm

Luke with maybe one of the best things said about Kobe since the accident....

Read on Twitter
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#332 » by BEazy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:07 pm

Definitely going to have a drink for Kobe this weekend.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#333 » by Slava » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:30 pm

I think it was a Boston blogger who tweeted something like "After Kobe's retirement I was sure he'd never break Celtics fans hearts again but he proved us wrong one more time". I thought that was a solid line. The outpouring of support from every corner of the world has been amazing.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#334 » by Slava » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:51 pm

Read on Twitter
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#335 » by TyCobb » Sat Feb 1, 2020 3:14 am

Has milesfides chimed in yet? I'm curious to see what he could write up.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,954

Post#336 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Feb 1, 2020 3:17 am

Slava wrote:I think it was a Boston blogger who tweeted something like "After Kobe's retirement I was sure he'd never break Celtics fans hearts again but he proved us wrong one more time". I thought that was a solid line. The outpouring of support from every corner of the world has been amazing.

It really is remarkable. Even as a Lakers fan who was there from start to finish, I never truly grasped how deeply he touched so many people.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,594

Post#337 » by NYG » Sat Feb 1, 2020 5:30 pm

Pretty cool story...

On my street last night I saw a kid running back and forth so I was confused. I’m in New York mind you so it was 35 degrees and this was night so it was pitch black basically.

I go outside to look and he’s practicing shooting hoops in the cold at night on a Friday night not knowing any one was watching.

That got me for some reason.

#mambamentality
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#338 » by Wavy Q » Sat Feb 1, 2020 6:54 pm

Still in the denial phase...
bulls_troy
General Manager
And1: 270

Post#339 » by bulls_troy » Sat Feb 1, 2020 9:32 pm

To LakerNation from a Bulls fan in Australia

My deepest sympathies go to you all. Our great game has lost one of it's absolute greatest players of all time (2nd only to MJ imo). Kobe entered the league when I was only 10 years old myself. As much as I hated him for appearing to try so hard to be Like Mike, deep down I loved him and respected him for it too. He was everything Michael was. Better in some ways.

It was an absolute honor to be able to see his entire legendary 20 year career. His last game and cheered for him like I was a Laker fan.

Then Monday morning comes (Australia time) and my partner wakes me to tell me the news. I didnt believe her. These things dont happen to people like Kobe. Even i saw him as immortal. Then i saw it myself. I was in shock and disbelief and to be honest still cant believe it's real.

I had shed the occasional tear throughout the day not wanting to look weak in front of my own children who were sad enough about Kobe. Then that night my beautiful partner tells me she's just bought me a Mamba shirt that has pictures of Kobe inside the Mamba logo. Instantly I broke and burst into tears.

I can only imagine how you all have been. I'm here with you

Black Mamba. May you Rest In Peace. We love you
Twitter: @bulls_troy
Laker1
Assistant Coach
And1: 154

Kobe & daughter Gianna have died in a helicopter crash 

Post#340 » by Laker1 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 11:29 pm

I’m still in disbelief. I know he’s gone and I’ve shed many tears these pays days. I feel like my soul just wants to scream and cry out loud, but I can’t let it out, It only comes out in small bursts when I’m alone. I fear I’m going to feel like this for a long time...

I’m literally in the process of moving back home to LA, I’ve been in Denver for the past 4 and a half years. I can’t wait to go back home and leave my respects for my childhood idol. I’m making the drive from Denver next week and first thing I’m gonna do is buy him his purple and gold flowers and drop them off at staples center. May god give all the strength to Vanessa and all the families involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Los Angeles Lakers