ImageImage

How do you rate the Hawks Draft and who was your favorite pick?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: How do you rate the Hawks Draft and who was your favorite pick? 

Post#101 » by No-Man » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:41 pm

Fischella wrote:Obvious D

Mismanaged assets, got solid players but nobody that will really change the franchise, still have no real legit 2ndary guy

The Hunter trade was atrociously bad, massive overpay, and trading solid 40s picks for future fake 2nds and cash was bad too

Schlenk really is Jon Gruden-ish

Not giving myself any credit cause most people with a brain would've had the same correct read and it was obvious when it happened, but hey, Schlenk really botched.

I also had the right guys ranked ahead, Brandon Clarke, Herro, PJ Washington were all high up and ahead of Hunter and Reddish for me obviously, the earliest you move on from Schlenk the better, I hope he doesn't **** up Trae's chances by letting the owner trade for and overpay Drummond.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#102 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:34 pm

D21 wrote:There was player linked to ATL in the 2019 Draft who is starting to show something now that he's playing time : Sekou Doumbouya
Like I said some months ago, he's almost the only thing that can change the evaluation of our 2019 draft, because if we didn't make all these trades and send a lot of small assets, we would have been in position to keep all these assets, pick at 8, 10 and 17, and even with Reddish in mind, Doumbouya was available at 10.

If he continues like this, it will make a change in the draft evaluation
Sekou Doumbouya has such a promising future and can end up being a star. Detroit fans can smile that they have him while ownership starts the rebuild over.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#103 » by D21 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:35 am

King Ken wrote:Cam Reddish been one of the most improved players on our squad in the last two months and is already a rotational level defender as a rookie. We gotta stop score board watching. Sekou literally has a -.3 WAR and hasn't even played more than 185 minutes yet. Get with the freaking times people

It's not all right or all wrong, I'm not saying it will make our draft go from A to E, and that Sekou is already on All-star.
Reddish doesn't change anything since it could have been Reddish at 8 and Sekou at 10.
We have rookies with great potential, it's just that there were other draft scenarios, mainly without trading up to 4th, and that in the end, there is a possibility that it could have been slightly better ;-)
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#104 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:17 pm

None of our rookies were selected for the 2020 Rising Stars challenge. :(

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#105 » by jayu70 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:40 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#106 » by HMFFL » Sat Feb 1, 2020 12:17 am

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Nice response by saying he's young but the media really tries to make a big deal out of everything. Basketball his not only his career but passion. If anything he's excited for the new adventures that he's going to experience as an All-Star. The media acts as if it's burden.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#107 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 12:10 am

Hindsight is truly an awful thing. Knowing what we know now, as much as I like him, it’s hard not to argue we gave up way too much for Deandre Hunter. Considering that trade had no effect on any of the trades we made recently, it hurts even more. We could have kept our picks and still got Teague and Capela. Like I said, I like Hunter but I like what the Hawks look like with Clarke, Thybulle and maybe Gafford in addition to Reddish.

But you know what they say about hindsight.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#108 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#109 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:26 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#110 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:53 pm

EC Players Under the Radar

Cam Reddish

The versatile 6-foot-8 Reddish was a blue-chip recruit when he entered Duke approximately 18 months ago. But his passive style of play led to him taking a backseat to his two superstar teammates, RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson. But Reddish’s positives still shined through, leading to him being selected 10th overall in the 2019 NBA Draft by the Atlanta Hawks.

The Hawks were an interesting fit for Reddish considering they also drafted De’Andre Hunter, another three-and-D wing. But playing alongside a gifted player like Trae Young creates more than enough space to learn how one fits into the NBA game without receiving too much attention from the defense or criticism from the media.

And it’s worked out pretty well for Reddish – especially of late. Reddish was already seen as one of Hawks best defenders, according to former teammate Chandler Parsons. But Reddish’s offensive output has also surged of late. After averaging just 9.3 points prior to the All-Star break, Reddish surged to 16.3 points per game in the 11 games since. Further, he’s shooting 50% from the field – compared to only 35.3% before the All-Star break – and his three-point percentage is also up to 38.9% from 31.6%.

Reddish might not have the star power of his college teammates, and he may never be the Hawks first or second option offensively; but he’s proven to be a resounding net positive. And at only 20-years-old, he’ll almost certainly get even better and garner the type of attention we expected him to before his lone college season began.
Basketball Insiders
jayu70
RealGM

Post#111 » by jayu70 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:26 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
EC Players Under the Radar

Cam Reddish

The versatile 6-foot-8 Reddish was a blue-chip recruit when he entered Duke approximately 18 months ago. But his passive style of play led to him taking a backseat to his two superstar teammates, RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson. But Reddish’s positives still shined through, leading to him being selected 10th overall in the 2019 NBA Draft by the Atlanta Hawks.

The Hawks were an interesting fit for Reddish considering they also drafted De’Andre Hunter, another three-and-D wing. But playing alongside a gifted player like Trae Young creates more than enough space to learn how one fits into the NBA game without receiving too much attention from the defense or criticism from the media.

And it’s worked out pretty well for Reddish – especially of late. Reddish was already seen as one of Hawks best defenders, according to former teammate Chandler Parsons. But Reddish’s offensive output has also surged of late. After averaging just 9.3 points prior to the All-Star break, Reddish surged to 16.3 points per game in the 11 games since. Further, he’s shooting 50% from the field – compared to only 35.3% before the All-Star break – and his three-point percentage is also up to 38.9% from 31.6%.

Reddish might not have the star power of his college teammates, and he may never be the Hawks first or second option offensively; but he’s proven to be a resounding net positive. And at only 20-years-old, he’ll almost certainly get even better and garner the type of attention we expected him to before his lone college season began.
Basketball Insiders

I had gotten so excited about his progress. Sad we had to put a pause in it.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#112 » by jayu70 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:12 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#113 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:16 pm

From the article above.

After the All-Star break, once he pushed through his rookie struggles, Hunter closed the season with the best stretch of his young career, tallying 13.2 points and 7.4 rebounds per game over his final 13 contests while shooting 42 percent from beyond the arc. He made it a point to hit the defensive glass harder, and his rebounding noticeably ticked up as he played more power forward in small lineups.

The Hawks would probably like to see Hunter spend more time at the four. He played roughly a third of his minutes there last season -- mostly with the rest of Atlanta’s young nucleus -- and the Hawks posted a respectable 1.12 points per possession in that time.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#114 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Live look at Jamaaliver hearing the news:
Spoiler:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#115 » by jayu70 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:23 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Live look at Jamaaliver hearing the news:
Spoiler:

No need to cry, but how the heck did Terence Davis?????? make this list
He was 10th on his team in minutes plates at 16 mpg.
He played 64 games before the shutdown:
41 games played where he score 9 or less points
23 games played where he scored 10 points or more
22 +/- games where had 3 points or less points
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#116 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:22 pm

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#117 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:35 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh god the Bill Simmons thing. Ya, I can’t click on this either. :roll: That guy is a doofus. The sites I can click on now is getting very limited. I make sure I don’t give websites that don’t deserve it the click.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#118 » by graymule » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:31 pm

:D
WAIT AND SEE! Well, we waited and now we are beginning to see what we have from that draft.
On the other hand, we wait and, so far, we haven't had anything to really brag about with our
pick of Agent 0017 with our #6 pick in the latest draft.

He's just a young one, we're told. He's just recovering from injury. Still, we wish to see something.
Perhaps a few minutes in our next game? Please!

:D :D

Return to Atlanta Hawks