Post#202 » by HornetJail » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:34 am

Lamb's shot is the play of our franchise
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#203 » by 316Hornets » Sat Jan 4, 2020 4:41 am

Lamb's shot was amazing, but the game was rather meaningless.

I'd definitely rank a playoff game winning rebound + 3 by C. Lee above that. Nice little block at the end for the exclamation mark.

7:25
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#204 » by Eoghan » Sat Jan 4, 2020 11:53 pm

Biyombo's Euro-step fastbreak layup.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#205 » by 316Hornets » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Watched the Boston-Philly game last night. I don't like how they are using Kemba. He should have taken a lot more shots last night. Maybe Stevens is just preparing for the playoffs and trying to get others involved, but Kemba normally destroys the 76ers(60 point game last year). I really think the Celtics have a shot to win it all if they can get past the Bucks.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#206 » by MPM » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:29 pm

Any interest in a just waived Ivan Rabb?

22 yr old PF/C that has shown occasional flashes.

Player review from last year: https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2019/4/29/18517957/2018-2019-grizzlies-player-reviews-ivan-rabb-nba-memphis
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,822

Post#207 » by Diop » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:42 pm

MPM wrote:Any interest in a just waived Ivan Rabb?

Player review from last year: https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2019/4/29/18517957/2018-2019-grizzlies-player-reviews-ivan-rabb-nba-memphis

I've love the effort of Charlotte's centres this year, but I would be trialling any possible replacement I could. If Rabb could play centre, I'd give him a go. He looks a little thin in the attached video though.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#208 » by 316Hornets » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:43 am

I've got interest in Marquese Chriss. The guy plays physical and could help our interior defense. He may be on his way back to the Warriors though.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#209 » by Snidely FC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:11 am

Diop wrote:

I've love the effort of Charlotte's centres this year, but I would be trialling any possible replacement I could. If Rabb could play centre, I'd give him a go. He looks a little thin in the attached video though.

No, there is a reason NYK waived Rabb in favor of Kenny Wooten, who is the guy Hornets should have signed. Wooten is a maniacal shot blocker at 6'8, energy like Brandon Clarke, would much rather have given him a shot than Robb (Knicks obviously feel the same way)
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#210 » by MPM » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Snidely FC wrote:
Diop wrote:

No, there is a reason NYK waived Rabb in favor of Kenny Wooten, who is the guy Hornets should have signed. Wooten is a maniacal shot blocker at 6'8, energy like Brandon Clarke, would much rather have given him a shot than Robb (Knicks obviously feel the same way)

Not cheerleading for Rabb - and agree on Wooten - but worth noting that you can't really use the Knicks FO as a barometer for good decision-making and the team was/is fat with PF's. (Randle, Portis, Gibson, Wooten/Rabb)
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#211 » by BigSlam » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:55 pm

I was thinking:

If you took the best players from the 4 teams with the worst records in each conference to make a combined team, how would it do against the rest of the current NBA?

The 8 teams are: Atlanta - Cleveland - New York - Charlotte - Minnesota - Sacramento - New Orleans - Phoenix

PG: Trae Young - De'Aaron Fox
SG: Devin Booker - Lonzo Ball
SF: Brandon Ingram - Andrew Wiggins
PF: Zion Williamson - John Collins
C: Karl-Anthony Towns - Deandre Ayton

Would it be a lottery team, a playoff team, a deep playoff team, a finals team or a championship team?

* = I excluded Golden State, because that's some bullllllllllllllllllll shitttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
B B M F 'ers
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#212 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:43 pm

BigSlam wrote:I was thinking:

If you took the best players from the 4 teams with the worst records in each conference to make a combined team, how would it do against the rest of the current NBA?

The 8 teams are: Atlanta - Cleveland - New York - Charlotte - Minnesota - Sacramento - New Orleans - Phoenix

Would it be a lottery team, a playoff team, a deep playoff team, a finals team or a championship team?

* = I excluded Golden State, because that's some bullllllllllllllllllll shitttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

If that team would learn to play with one another they would be scary offensively.

They would not be able to stop anyone, though.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#213 » by penquin11 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:07 pm

I didnt realize how dominant Antetokounmpo has been this season. Dude is scoring 30ppg (2nd in nba) on 30.7 mpg- so basically a point a minute. To find the next ppg leader with less mpg you have to go all the way down to 25th in the nba where you find his teammate Khris Middleton. The first player after that who plays less than Giannis is Lou William's who scores 17.7ppg (30th in the league) in 30mpg...

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#214 » by fatlever » Sat Feb 1, 2020 12:11 am

exclude pelicans. that team has no business in bottom 8. or else, just add towns/ayton/collins to pelicans and be done.

if gunning for playoffs, i'd have fox over young and would add more vets/role players. young cant win... yet.

fox / rubio / young
booker / oubre / hield
covington / bogdan / morris
love / collins / randle
towns / tristan / ayton

not a single hornet :(, maybe zeller or pj
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,822

Post#215 » by Diop » Sat Feb 1, 2020 6:24 am

Lillard is just ridiculous, could not be stopped tonight
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,535

Post#216 » by HornetJail » Sat Feb 1, 2020 7:46 pm

With adequate coaching (spoiler alert, most of those teams do not have it), that team is a title contender. How do you stop that offense? At that point, **** defense, which teams can keep up with that offensively?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#217 » by 316Hornets » Sat Feb 1, 2020 8:56 pm

Diop wrote:Lillard is just ridiculous, could not be stopped tonight

Watching that guy play is just unbelievable. He just pulls up from anywhere, guy in his face, and drains it time after time. One of the most underrated players in the NBA.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#218 » by Braggins » Sat Feb 1, 2020 11:52 pm

Zion is amazing, but after seeing him play in the league I think the kind of player he turns out to be is going to be a lot different than what people expected.

Most people expected him to be a DPOY level defender with really good offense, but I actually think he is going to kind of be the opposite. I think he'll be significantly worse on defense than people expected, although still potentially really good, but he'll be a better scorer than people thought. Maybe teams will figure him out a bit on offense as teams get a better chance to scout him, but right now he looks like hes going to be a dominant scorer that wreaks havoc on defenses with his strength/athleticism and versatility.

Its possible his defensive potential just seems worse right now because he isn't in game shape yet, but he has had trouble at times guarding quick perimeter players and at times opposing teams have made a point of trying to get him switched onto a guard that would attack him off the dribble. Also, his lack of length really hurts his rim protection. Hes going to get plenty of crazy highlight/chase down blocks and will likely be at least average as a rim protector, but he might not be altering shots on a consistent basis.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#219 » by 316Hornets » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:22 am

Braggins wrote:Zion is amazing, but after seeing him play in the league I think the kind of player he turns out to be is going to be a lot different than what people expected.

Most people expected him to be a DPOY level defender with really good offense, but I actually think he is going to kind of be the opposite. I think he'll be significantly worse on defense than people expected, although still potentially really good, but he'll be a better scorer than people thought. Maybe teams will figure him out a bit on offense as teams get a better chance to scout him, but right now he looks like hes going to be a dominant scorer that wreaks havoc on defenses with his strength/athleticism and versatility.

Its possible his defensive potential just seems worse right now because he isn't in game shape yet, but he has had trouble at times guarding quick perimeter players and at times opposing teams have made a point of trying to get him switched onto a guard that would attack him off the dribble. Also, his lack of length really hurts his rim protection. Hes going to get plenty of crazy highlight/chase down blocks and will likely be at least average as a rim protector, but he might not be altering shots on a consistent basis.

I have to really question what type of wear and tear he is going to put on his knees jumping 3 feet in the air multiple times a game. Guys that weigh as much as him are usually pretty flat footed.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#220 » by Braggins » Sun Feb 2, 2020 6:36 am

316Hornets wrote:
Braggins wrote:Zion is amazing, but after seeing him play in the league I think the kind of player he turns out to be is going to be a lot different than what people expected.

I have to really question what type of wear and tear he is going to put on his knees jumping 3 feet in the air multiple times a game. Guys that weigh as much as him are usually pretty flat footed.

I definitely think he should try to slim down to at least 270. Even if it makes him a little bit less effective in the short term, its better than destroying his knees in a few years.

Return to Charlotte Hornets