ImageImage

Miles Bridges Arrested: Felony Domestic Violence, Wife Speaks Pg.85

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Re: Birdland Presents - The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#641 » by BeesWax » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:08 pm

I think his issues match what you can see in a number of young players. He struggles on the road. His numbers at home are not bad on offense but on the road they tank. I mean when you look at the numbers he is like two completely different players. I think this has to be mental and something he can learn and get more comfortable with.
Spoiler:
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#642 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:33 pm

BeesWax wrote:I think his issues match what you can see in a number of young players. He struggles on the road. His numbers at home are not bad on offense but on the road they tank. I mean when you look at the numbers he is like two completely different players. I think this has to be mental and something he can learn and get more comfortable with.

I read this and thought it made perfect sense. Then I looked up the numbers. They don't support the idea at all. He's more efficient at home, but he's averaging nearly the same number of points home or away.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 866

Post#643 » by Chapelchilla » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:01 pm

I am not ready to give up on Bridges at all. He should be able to build up his game and consistency over the next couple of years.
Soul Rebel
Senior
And1: 372

Post#644 » by Soul Rebel » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:42 pm

Chapelchilla wrote:I am not ready to give up on Bridges at all. He should be able to build up his game and consistency over the next couple of years.

Not ready to give up on him yet either, just frustrated that we had SGA...like, we drafted him, and then shipped him out. Our backcourt would be set right now and we would have more flexibility on the wing in draft/FA to team up with Washington rather than having two players of similar height occupying space.

At 21, totally enough time to turn into a good player. If we add someone like Wiseman or dabble with Drummond in FA, then Bridges could essentially become a 4th option.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#645 » by DY_nasty » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:12 pm

Chapelchilla wrote:I am not ready to give up on Bridges at all. He should be able to build up his game and consistency over the next couple of years.

He has so much that he needs to work on...

It'd be one thing if he still had a body that he was growing into, but this guy is the most athletic player on the court most nights. He doesn't even play bully ball either. He drives, feels a bit of contact, then reflexively throws up trash. He's super explosive but somehow doesn't have a second jump or refuses to battle hard for rebounds like other, smaller guys will. He shoots like the brolic weightlifter at 24hr fitness or something too and doesn't believe in drifting to openings left by the defense to even give our PGs angles to hit him for free buckets.

It'd be one thing if he was the same as he was last year but he's regressed as if the game's physicality and speed has left him intimidated and hesitant.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#646 » by BigSlam » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:14 pm

Forget about making him bulk up to be a PF. He's not a PF at all in my mind - never has been.

The FO should be working with him to slim down and be a full time SF.

Enough of the indecision of what position to play him. Recognize he is a SF and build his workouts etc around that and then see what you've got.
B B M F 'ers
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 866

Post#647 » by Chapelchilla » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:39 pm

BigSlam wrote:Forget about making him bulk up to be a PF. He's not a PF at all in my mind - never has been.

The FO should be working with him to slim down and be a full time SF.

Enough of the indecision of what position to play him. Recognize he is a SF and build his workouts etc around that and then see what you've got.

Definitely, he needs to work on lateral quickness, quick cuts to the hole and finishing those drives going AT the basket. Plus, defensively - step in front of his man and keeping his arms out.
I think he can fix his issues if we coach him up. He seems smart and has the body to be an impact player. He is just raw and needs help maximizing his skill set.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#648 » by DY_nasty » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:56 pm

Its crazy how Miles has gone from developed and NBA ready to raw player who needs time
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,733

Post#649 » by Diop » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:30 am

Watching Ayton in his first year for Phoenix, he seemed to have no defensive awareness but has shown huge improvement. Gave me hope that miles could do it to?
bravor
Starter
And1: 733

Post#650 » by bravor » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:24 am

If other franchise/GM's have hope in Miles, that's what matter as i can't see how he could be a long term player for this team as soft as he is (it's not couple of good games that will change that).
I am not even sure he has any value but it would be wise to make a choice between him and Monk some day (i know my own choice would be quite easy).
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Re: Welcome to Charlotte - Miles Bridges 

Post#651 » by Robot Rock » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:22 pm

Robot Rock wrote:
amcoolio wrote:I love that people are saying that Miles is a bad pick because lack of potential and "not good at any one thing" but those people wanted SGA, who also lacks potential, isn't good at any one thing, and is also very slow, lumbering, and nonathletic compared to Miles

Lets face the facts. The Hornets wanted Knox, he was gone. Then they wanted Sexton, he was gone. So they picked Miles. There isn't another player at 11 they could have taken that had as much potential than Miles. Michael Porter? Did you see him last night? He looked like the tin-man trying to go up and down the stairs. Do you really want to take a player with such a bad back? Look at all our injury history over the past 10 years.

Uh, SGA has a hell of a lot more star potential than Miles Bridges. Frankly, every lottery pick has more potential to be a star. Miles Bridges' best-case scenario is MKG with a slightly higher FG%. It wasn't a smart pick and it will never be a smart pick. I honestly don't understand the blind optimism and excitement behind it. Wishful thinking, I guess. I just don't get it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#652 » by BeesWax » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:55 pm

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:
BeesWax wrote:I think his issues match what you can see in a number of young players. He struggles on the road. His numbers at home are not bad on offense but on the road they tank. I mean when you look at the numbers he is like two completely different players. I think this has to be mental and something he can learn and get more comfortable with.

I read this and thought it made perfect sense. Then I looked up the numbers. They don't support the idea at all. He's more efficient at home, but he's averaging nearly the same number of points home or away.

That is my point. I am not worried about the overall numbers but he shoots far better at home. So he is a much better player in Charlotte than he is away. With him I am far more worried about efficiency at this point than I am his PPG. He feels he has to accomplish a certain amount to give the team a chance and he is able to do it in fewer shots and not panic and get out of the system when the team is at home.
Spoiler:
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#653 » by DY_nasty » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:07 pm

Robot Rock wrote:
Robot Rock wrote:
amcoolio wrote:I love that people are saying that Miles is a bad pick because lack of potential and "not good at any one thing" but those people wanted SGA, who also lacks potential, isn't good at any one thing, and is also very slow, lumbering, and nonathletic compared to Miles

Lets face the facts. The Hornets wanted Knox, he was gone. Then they wanted Sexton, he was gone. So they picked Miles. There isn't another player at 11 they could have taken that had as much potential than Miles. Michael Porter? Did you see him last night? He looked like the tin-man trying to go up and down the stairs. Do you really want to take a player with such a bad back? Look at all our injury history over the past 10 years.

Uh, SGA has a hell of a lot more star potential than Miles Bridges. Frankly, every lottery pick has more potential to be a star. Miles Bridges' best-case scenario is MKG with a slightly higher FG%. It wasn't a smart pick and it will never be a smart pick. I honestly don't understand the blind optimism and excitement behind it. Wishful thinking, I guess. I just don't get it.

bruh I TRIED to see it with him I really did

I can only hope some idiot GM sees him dunk hard a few times and they fall in love with him
Robot Rock
Starter

Post#654 » by Robot Rock » Sat Feb 1, 2020 10:15 pm

DY_nasty wrote:
Robot Rock wrote:
Robot Rock wrote:

bruh I TRIED to see it with him I really did

I can only hope some idiot GM sees him dunk hard a few times and they fall in love with him

I like Miles. I just had to bring up a completely true point I made a while back, since some on here like to say I don’t know anything and just whine for the sake of whining.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#655 » by Rich4114 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 2:43 pm

Miles has had a few good games in a row now. Maybe this is the start of a new trend? That’d be huge for us and him.
Robot Rock
Starter

Post#656 » by Robot Rock » Sun Feb 2, 2020 5:23 pm

Every time someone complains about his lack of potential he goes for 20+. Let’s keep this up.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,608

Post#657 » by fatlever » Sun Feb 2, 2020 7:52 pm

I care much less about his scoring right now He's always had the ability to get hot and put 20 points on the board. It's the other areas of his game that need to improve before I get excited. I want to see better play making like that sweet pass he threw to Cody Martin for the dunk last night. I want to see him get more aggressive on the rebounds and learn to be a bit of a bully when driving to the basket. And of course the team defense which is still his biggest problem area.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#658 » by euphorbus » Sun Feb 2, 2020 10:04 pm

fatlever wrote:And of course the team defense which is still his biggest problem area.
RealGM mobile app

Yes, this is surprising coming from a player coached by Tom Izzo.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#659 » by BigSlam » Sun Feb 2, 2020 11:09 pm

fatlever wrote:I want to see him get more aggressive on the rebounds and learn to be a bit of a bully when driving to the basket.

Agreed. This is the big one for me.

Less finesse. WAY less finesse.

And more power/bully/straight line/attack/intent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B B M F 'ers
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#660 » by DY_nasty » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:48 am

euphorbus wrote:
fatlever wrote:And of course the team defense which is still his biggest problem area.
RealGM mobile app

Yes, this is surprising coming from a player coached by Tom Izzo.

izzo gotta be one of the most overrated 'untouchable' college coaches of the modern era

Return to Charlotte Hornets