Kings Trade Thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#741 » by codydaze » Mon Feb 3, 2020 5:24 pm

Sounds like we've had some discussions with Houston for Capela. Looks like they are looking at moving him and we're one of the teams they contacted. What do you think a Capela deal looks like? Bogi and Beli?
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#742 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:06 pm

codydaze wrote:Sounds like we've had some discussions with Houston for Capela. Looks like they are looking at moving him and we're one of the teams they contacted. What do you think a Capela deal looks like? Bogi and Beli?

Ill be very disappointed if that trade happens. This team works when we are hitting 3s and allowing Fox to do his thing.

I don't want to see a huge deadline honestly. Move off Dedmon, move Joseph if possible, let these guys run it back healthy unless you can find a clear upgrade.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#743 » by BoogieTime » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:55 pm

codydaze wrote:Sounds like we've had some discussions with Houston for Capela. Looks like they are looking at moving him and we're one of the teams they contacted. What do you think a Capela deal looks like? Bogi and Beli?

I’ve been a fan, and still like his contract, but it can be argued that Holmes has outperformed Capela this year, so not sure where I see it.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#744 » by dozencousins » Mon Feb 3, 2020 7:39 pm

There has been no trade talks as of yet about Capela being traded to the Kings . Could happen maybe but not likely however no talks of him going to the Kings .

Dedmon has many suitors it is to hard to say were he will go but almost assured to be traded . He could be traded straight up and or packaged . Celtics , Hawks , Mavs to name a few interested

Bogi : Half or the Nba is knocking at our door most notably : Lakers , 76ers , Charlotte , Magic & Thunder

Nemanja Bjelica most notably Charlotte , 76ers

Hield or Bogi : 1 of is almost assured to be gone . Kings would prefer to trade Hield over Bogi . Bogi has a better basketball IQ and he can be resigned for about 9 million less as a starting salary than Hield will make next season .

I have heard of major parts of 3 different trade scenerios were Kings could trade with the 76ers in actual talks . 76ers have had talks with the Kings were in 2 trade scenerios they get Bogi , 1 trade scenerio they get Buddy .

Another as an example I heard was Thybulle , M.Scott & a 1st rounder for Bogi

In the Hield situation B.Simmons name is attached though that is less likelier but 76ers are a bit open as he is really unhappy in Philly . Again getting Ben is really unlikely but Philly is tinkering with that idea . Not only is Ben unhappy Horfod & Harris are not very happy either . I think they may trade 1 o f those 3 at least to some team 1 way or the other .
other sceneious has Thybulle and or Smith in a deal Combinationed with M.Scott .

I did here that the Pistons were trying to offer us A.Drummond but the Kings were not bitting .

Other players I have heard us looking into are Kuzma , A.Gordon , S.Adams . More names will be floated I am sure .

Nobody should expect us to trade Marvin . By no means is he untouchable but his value is going to be as low now as it ever will be you will not get nearly fair value for a constant injured guy . You wait to trade him until he is healthy and is at least performing far better than he has the past 2 seasons .

Nemanja Bjelica
Giles
Ferrell ( Ferrell as throw in a trade is likely as well )

The 4 names most teams are most inquiring about are : Bogi , Dedmon , Nemanja Bjelica & Giles

Kings are highly unlikely to trade Fox , Marvin , Holmes , Guy , James & cannot trade Baz or Tolliver

Based in Past seasons trade deadlines I am not expecting much but my hopes are high .
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#745 » by KF10 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 7:52 pm

What is the point in trading for win now players? The Kings stink and are not making the playoffs this season.

They should be accumulating as much young, cheap, (future) assets as they can. If anything, they should be tanking and let teams know that they are willing to hear all offers for their players.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#746 » by bleeds_purple » Mon Feb 3, 2020 8:05 pm

Is Capela even a clear upgrade over Holmes? I can't imagine us actually trading for him if we're giving up anything of value. A deal centered around Dedmon for Capela deal would be fine but why would Houston do such a thing?
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#747 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 3, 2020 8:50 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:Is Capela even a clear upgrade over Holmes? I can't imagine us actually trading for him if we're giving up anything of value. A deal centered around Dedmon for Capela deal would be fine but why would Houston do such a thing?

Relative to price no he isn't. Any deal involving Capela would have to see him heading out to another team. Obviously Bogdan would interest the Rockets. But adding another big that cant shoot to an already too long list of bigs would be ridiculous even for Vlade Divac.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#748 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 3, 2020 8:54 pm

KF10 wrote:What is the point in trading for win now players? The Kings stink and are not making the playoffs this season.

They should be accumulating as much young, cheap, (future) assets as they can. If anything, they should be tanking and let teams know that they are willing to hear all offers for their players.

If the Kings can get something great on the cheap than fine, but they need to make sense first. Capela makes very little sense next to Fox and Bagley. It's been hard enough seeing success playing Bagley next to Bjelica and Dedmon and they can spread the floor. Fox will shrivel up and die next to a tandem of Marvin Bagley and Clint Capela.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#749 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Feb 3, 2020 9:25 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
KF10 wrote:What is the point in trading for win now players? The Kings stink and are not making the playoffs this season.

If the Kings can get something great on the cheap than fine, but they need to make sense first. Capela makes very little sense next to Fox and Bagley. It's been hard enough seeing success playing Bagley next to Bjelica and Dedmon and they can spread the floor. Fox will shrivel up and die next to a tandem of Marvin Bagley and Clint Capela.

Pretty much this.. Honestly I get that Shams is well respected, but I can't remember a Sac rumor hes had the scoop before hand on.

It feels like teams throw our name into these stories to try and up the price.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#750 » by BoogieTime » Mon Feb 3, 2020 10:22 pm

That’s what the team should be doing, but Vlade might be pushed for wins about now given sentiment about him/his security
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#751 » by dozencousins » Mon Feb 3, 2020 11:17 pm

I am told if the Rockets and Celtics pull off a Capela trade there is a solid chance that Bogi or Hield could be dealt to the Rockets in a deal that may net the Kings 1 if not 2 1st round pics . Also if a trade was to happen it may be a trade converted to a 3 team trade .
Nothing is for Certain on our side as we the Kings have many offers to ponder on & Kings are sifting through all the many possibilities .
Again Kings would prefer to keep Bogi and would rather trade Hield before dealing Bogi .
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#752 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Feb 4, 2020 12:57 am

Mods I'm really not trying to start **** this year but damn. 3 years now nothing correct. And it's literally just posting what sac town royalty, shams, etc have early today and yesterday.

It just feels like trolling to take away from the rest of the thread. I feel like it should be addressed at some pt.
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#753 » by dozencousins » Tue Feb 4, 2020 1:27 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Mods I'm really not trying to start **** this year but damn. 3 years now nothing correct. And it's literally just posting what sac town royalty, shams, etc have early today and yesterday.

It just feels like trolling to take away from the rest of the thread. I feel like it should be addressed at some pt.

You can stop trying to back seat Mod ! Year after year you start unwarranted trouble !
I have been proven quit a few times via traded . Were as you have no clue .
I gave more info that what you and others have heard not just what you claim to have heard .
You are welcome to ignore me or just brush off my posts but you act way to much like a child !
I was away all year accept for today and you just cant ever just leave me alone .

How about you just read this . Do not respond . Act like an adult and just stop your yearly back seat Moding and having your family gang up on me to unjustly attack me and just leave me alone . It is obvious you ca control yourself .

I am only responding to you this one time in hopes you will finally realize your not a Mod and you should just leave people alone rather than start drama on this board or any other !
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#754 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 4, 2020 2:35 am

dozencousins wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Mods I'm really not trying to start **** this year but damn. 3 years now nothing correct. And it's literally just posting what sac town royalty, shams, etc have early today and yesterday.

You can stop trying to back seat Mod ! Year after year you start unwarranted trouble !
I have been proven quit a few times via traded . Were as you have no clue .
I gave more info that what you and others have heard not just what you claim to have heard .
You are welcome to ignore me or just brush off my posts but you act way to much like a child !
I was away all year accept for today and you just cant ever just leave me alone .

How about you just read this . Do not respond . Act like an adult and just stop your yearly back seat Moding and having your family gang up on me to unjustly attack me and just leave me alone . It is obvious you ca control yourself .

I am only responding to you this one time in hopes you will finally realize your not a Mod and you should just leave people alone rather than start drama on this board or any other !

Don't attack people saying they have no clue, act like a child, etc.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Post#755 » by codydaze » Tue Feb 4, 2020 3:47 am

Sent out some PMs already to address how we should be conducting ourselves. We all know how it gets around this time of year but let's move on and keep discussion about the Kings trade market.

Any bickering or personal attacks will be issued a warning immediately.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#756 » by BoogieTime » Tue Feb 4, 2020 5:28 am

To throw another name out that is on the trade market, how do y’all feel about pairing Fox with Dangelo Russell?

Russell prefers in his words to play SG, off ball, and sometimes I feel as if we could use a little more playmaking along with Fox. He’s young, and has upside and on timeline. He’s subpar defensively and some feel his impact could be more, but he’s talented and young still.

Bogdan and this years pick with Dedmon/Joseph? May be a bit much

-Edit, he may make too much long term with the rest of the roster now that I think of it
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#757 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Feb 4, 2020 5:42 am

BoogieTime wrote:To throw another name out that is on the trade market, how do y’all feel about pairing Fox with Dangelo Russell?

Russell prefers in his words to play SG, off ball, and sometimes I feel as if we could use a little more playmaking along with Fox. He’s young, and has upside and on timeline. He’s subpar defensively and some feel his impact could be more, but he’s talented and young still.

-Edit, he may make too much long term with the rest of the roster now that I think of it

Doubt GS trades him for that.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#758 » by BoogieTime » Tue Feb 4, 2020 5:47 am

bleeds_purple wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:To throw another name out that is on the trade market, how do y’all feel about pairing Fox with Dangelo Russell?

Doubt GS trades him for that.

Might be true.

For whatever reason GS seems to be shopping him. Wolves and Knicks are coming up. I’m wondering what they’d possibly be offering
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,736

Post#759 » by Diop » Tue Feb 4, 2020 6:33 am

Saw that Charlotte were interested in Bogi and have been trying to figure out what the package might be.

Surely this years first is off the table for Charlotte as they have been tanking nicely.

Can only think of Monk or Miles with one of our vet expirings for Bogi and another.

eg. Monk/Miles and MKG for Bogi and Bjelica
or Monk/Miles and Biz for Bogi and Dedmon.

I originally thought getting out of Dedmon's contract might be entising but it sounds like you have a few options.

Can you either of them being close to possible?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#760 » by kalenclayton » Tue Feb 4, 2020 7:09 am

Diop wrote:Saw that Charlotte were interested in Bogi and have been trying to figure out what the package might be.

Surely this years first is off the table for Charlotte as they have been tanking nicely.

Can only think of Monk or Miles with one of our vet expirings for Bogi and another.

eg. Monk/Miles and MKG for Bogi and Bjelica
or Monk/Miles and Biz for Bogi and Dedmon.

I originally thought getting out of Dedmon's contract might be entising but it sounds like you have a few options.

Can you either of them being close to possible?

I think your Bogi and Dedmon for Monk and Biz would be close, but I just don’t think a deal is going to happen. I think we are just hearing noise. The Kings FO is delusional and thinks the team can push for the playoffs. Maybe they can and I’m jus being overly pessimistic, but I think they just aren’t there. I don’t think the Kings will make a big move move if any.

That being said if the Kings were to check out this season and Hornets pushed for the PO, would the Hornets do a Barnes and Bogdanovic for Monk, Miles, and Batum trade? Maybe throw in 1st round swap rights for the Kings?

Return to Sacramento Kings