Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1261 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:04 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:If it could be done easily, TT would be gone. We're playing out a string here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Too many 11th hour deadline deals take place to believe it's anything more than them being reluctant to trade him just yet but like I said he may take 2 2nds just to get it done this week or next since that's probably the most that been offered despite it not being the most teams would give up.
I suspect other teams are reluctant to give up a first tbh. Any time you trade for a guy TT's age on an expiring contract, you always ask to speak with their agent re their next contract. Other teams probably view him as a rental.

well I mean these expirings got to be worth something ...if another team just wants out of a deal and likes TT enough to possibly pay him on a 1+1 next summer I mean maybe Sacramento gives up a lottery protected 21 or 22 first to ship out Dedmon and fillers in an attempt to fight for the 8 seed and in exchange for his rental + potential to resign.
or maybe Miami throws in Duncan Robinson or Okpala for eating an extra year of Waiters in exchange for Knights expiring who knows.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 934

Post#1262 » by tleikheen » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:12 am

Andre Drummond ,26 y o (27 million) Center 6'10" for Tristan Thompson , 28 y o (18.5 million) Center 6'9" Dante Exum ,24 y o (9 .5 million) PG 6"5"

Cleveland is really small throughout their team, getting Drummond is getting the best rebounder in the NBA and still just 26 y o. TThompson is a trooper and warrior and still a very high quality NBA player giving Detroit a good return who are really just trying to shed Drummonds salary. Exum who's probably a better PG than Garland and Dellavedova is being played as a decoy in Detroit's offense which is designed for Sexton and Garland to get all the playing time and shots no matter how bad they play. But what's worst is playing a clearly washed up Dellavedova and Knight ahead of Exum .Makes you wonder how long Bielien will be running this team. Exum is just matching salary at this point.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,983

Post#1263 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 am

tleikheen wrote:Andre Drummond ,26 y o (27 million) Center 6'10" for Tristan Thompson , 28 y o (18.5 million) Center 6'9" Dante Exum ,24 y o (9 .5 million) PG 6"5"

Cleveland is really small throughout their team, getting Drummond is getting the best rebounder in the NBA and still just 26 y o. TThompson is a trooper and warrior and still a very high quality NBA player giving Detroit a good return who are really just trying to shed Drummonds salary. Exum who's probably a better PG than Garland and Dellavedova is being played as a decoy in Detroit's offense which is designed for Sexton and Garland to get all the playing time and shots no matter how bad they play. But what's worst is playing a clearly washed up Dellavedova and Knight ahead of Exum .Makes you wonder how long Bielien will be running this team. Exum is just matching salary at this point.
I have less than zero interest in Drummond. My confidence in the F.O. will be irreparably shattered if they trade for him.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1264 » by Stillwater » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:52 am

tleikheen wrote:Andre Drummond ,26 y o (27 million) Center 6'10" for Tristan Thompson , 28 y o (18.5 million) Center 6'9" Dante Exum ,24 y o (9 .5 million) PG 6"5"

I like Dre next to Love but he is gonna decline so the odds CLE gives up value to move a different expiring like TT is non existent.add that getting Drummond isn't going to make Love suddenly interested in being a Cav
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1265 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:49 am

Sounds like there's a first on the table for Love but only seconds for TT.

https://factoryofsadness.co/2020/01/25/cleveland-cavaliers-rumors-tristan-thompson-worth-2nd-round-picks/

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1266 » by Stillwater » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:02 pm

^ if there is any first it better be mid first or if late it better be in 21. I mean teams supposedly offered only 2 seconds for TT is not as likely as CLE being more content with taking back a different players expiring and 1 high 2nd in 20 in a draft where the value drop on avg from 25 to 35 is basically 0
1 high 20 2nd an expiring and a future 2nd is worth more than a late 20 first and eating 2 years of a bad contract.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1267 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Stillwater wrote:^ if there is any first it better be mid first or if late it better be in 21. I mean teams supposedly offered only 2 seconds for TT is not as likely as CLE being more content with taking back a different players expiring and 1 high 2nd in 20 in a draft where the value drop on avg from 25 to 35 is basically 0
1 high 20 2nd an expiring and a future 2nd is worth more than a late 20 first and eating 2 years of a bad contract.
No one wants to pay TT what he wants. He's not the type of player you part with a first to rent.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1268 » by Stillwater » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:32 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:^ if there is any first it better be mid first or if late it better be in 21. I mean teams supposedly offered only 2 seconds for TT is not as likely as CLE being more content with taking back a different players expiring and 1 high 2nd in 20 in a draft where the value drop on avg from 25 to 35 is basically 0
No one wants to pay TT what he wants. He's not the type of player you part with a first to rent.

My mid first late first reference was regards to dealing Love.
However my point with TT was CLE would be better off taking back a high 2nd and a lesser player on an expiring than taking a late first and along with it the longer deal of a lesser player. So right giving up a first for TT only makes sense if said recipient is unloading a bad deal in the process.
Unless of course somebody thinks he will take a discount to resign there wherever it is, at which point they might rather give up a expiring and a guaranteed late first over a non guaranteed 2nd
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1269 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:40 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

However my point with TT was CLE would be better off taking back a high 2nd and a lesser player on an expiring than taking a late first and along with it the longer deal of a lesser player. So right giving up a first for TT only makes sense if said recipient is unloading a bad deal in the process.
Unless of course somebody thinks he will take a discount to resign there wherever it is, at which point they might rather give up a expiring and a guaranteed late first over a non guaranteed 2nd
I'm quite certain any team trading for TT, that wants to re-sign him, has asked for and received permission to speak with Klutch. I strongly suspect TT will be discounting his salary this summer, but it won't be voluntary.

TT was -32 last night and played like he was pouting before getting benched. It's speculation, but I don't think extension talks aren't going well. It's time for the Cavs to move on IMO.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1270 » by Stillwater » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:06 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:No one wants to pay TT what he wants. He's not the type of player you part with a first to rent.

I'm quite certain any team trading for TT, that wants to re-sign him, has asked for and received permission to speak with Klutch. I strongly suspect TT will be discounting his salary this summer, but it won't be voluntary.

TT was -32 last night and played like he was pouting before getting benched.

It's clear to me Nance plays better with Sexton than any other big on the roster too so consequently it should be an easy decision regarding TT and Love for that matter unless they are going to flip the pancake and find it easier to trade Sexton but at this point the easier choice doesn't make it the right one.
I am starting to get very concerned about Garlands body and his inability to defend even though he is a more advanced IQ player than most of the roster really at such a young age.
I would stick my roots down with Sexton continuing to mold him into the player they envisioned and the mental side will eventually catch up to the body.
At least before I put all my chips on the table that DG by trading Sexton will handle the grind physically enough to hand him the keys even though he has proven he has the mental aspect wrapped up pretty well and just needs experience against pro defenses to figure it out better.
I don't expect a big trade at the dl like some reports suggest at all. I mean they might trade Love just to get it over with ...the distraction but it wont be for anything good if they do.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1271 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:My mid first late first reference was regards to dealing Love.

TT was -32 last night and played like he was pouting before getting benched.

It's clear to me Nance plays better with Sexton than any other big on the roster too so consequently it should be an easy decision regarding TT and Love for that matter unless they are going to flip the pancake and find it easier to trade Sexton but at this point the easier choice doesn't make it the right one.
I am starting to get very concerned about Garlands body and his inability to defend even though he is a more advanced IQ player than most of the roster really at such a young age.
I would stick my roots down with Sexton continuing to mold him into the player they envisioned and the mental side will eventually catch up to the body.
At least before I put all my chips on the table that DG by trading Sexton will handle the grind physically enough to hand him the keys even though he has proven he has the mental aspect wrapped up pretty well and just needs experience against pro defenses to figure it out better.
I don't expect a big trade at the dl like some reports suggest at all. I mean they might trade Love just to get it over with ...the distraction but it wont be for anything good if they do.

Yeah, we've got plenty of Sexton/Garland debates and I don't want to turn the trade thread into another one. For a variety of reasons, I feel like a chance of scenery is in order for both the Cavs and TT. If the return is less than ideal, so be it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1272 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:38 am

What about Josh Richardson as the centerpiece in a deal for Sexton?

What are your thoughts on Cedi Osman?

What if Sixers threw a package together with Zhaire Smith, Furkan Korkmaz, Josh Richardson, plus picks and/or Jonah Bolden...

For Osman and Sexton?

Gives Cleveland a SG in Richardson on a good deal, better fit in the lineup than Sexton. Gives a great pick and roll ball handler to pair with Love. Gets a shooter in Korkmaz who has improved tremendously and is a fan favorite, but if it gets Osman in the deal fans will feel better. And Zhaire is a freak athlete who is getting better by the day. He could slide in next to Garland once Richardsons contract is up.
jbk1234 wrote:
snowman wrote:Would you guys be willing to give up either of Sexton or Garland if you could move Love to Boston for Hayward and a vet backup point guard?

First off, Garland is unavailable. He's literally the only player on the roster who the Cavs have proclaimed is unavailable.

There is zero chance the Cavs attach value to Love to move him. They have plenty of cap space and he's the best player we can presently put on the court. We'll play the long game if it comes to that. Also the Cavs currently have three vet PGs on the roster and Exum is under contract for next season as well. If you're talking about Wanamaker just leave him out altogether, cut him, do whatever you want, but don't send him back here.

If Boston wanted to trade Love for Hayward straight up, and the Cavs could get value for Hayward from a third team, I'd be intrigued. But Hayward would opt out this summer with the quickness if he were on a rebuilding roster.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1273 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:04 am

51X3RF4N wrote:What about Josh Richardson as the centerpiece in a deal for Sexton?

What if Sixers threw a package together with Zhaire Smith, Furkan Korkmaz, Josh Richardson, plus picks and/or Jonah Bolden...

For Osman and Sexton?

Gives Cleveland a SG in Richardson on a good deal, better fit in the lineup than Sexton. Gives a great pick and roll ball handler to pair with Love. Gets a shooter in Korkmaz who has improved tremendously and is a fan favorite, but if it gets Osman in the deal fans will feel better. And Zhaire is a freak athlete who is getting better by the day. He could slide in next to Garland once Richardsons contract is up.
jbk1234 wrote:
snowman wrote:Would you guys be willing to give up either of Sexton or Garland if you could move Love to Boston for Hayward and a vet backup point guard?

First off, Garland is unavailable. He's literally the only player on the roster who the Cavs have proclaimed is unavailable.

There is zero chance the Cavs attach value to Love to move him. They have plenty of cap space and he's the best player we can presently put on the court. We'll play the long game if it comes to that. Also the Cavs currently have three vet PGs on the roster and Exum is under contract for next season as well. If you're talking about Wanamaker just leave him out altogether, cut him, do whatever you want, but don't send him back here.

If Boston wanted to trade Love for Hayward straight up, and the Cavs could get value for Hayward from a third team, I'd be intrigued. But Hayward would opt out this summer with the quickness if he were on a rebuilding roster.
I'd pass. In addition to the fact that the Cavs would not use Cedi as filler, J. Rich has a P.O. in 2021 so we'd likely only have him for a year. While Sexton infuriates me at times, and I think I'd rather have J. Rich next to Garland in the long run, the Cavs need a guy on a rookie deal or a decent pick back if they're moving Sexton. They're just not far enough along in their rebuild to re-sign a guy like J. Rich a little over a year from now.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1274 » by Stillwater » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:09 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:What about Josh Richardson as the centerpiece in a deal for Sexton?

For Osman and Sexton?

jbk1234 wrote:

Cedi can't be traded until this summer.
The Cavs are unlikely to trade anyone they've drafted since the rebuild started unless somebody overpays.
Sexton was not looked at negative by this org when they drafted Garland to play next to him in a 2 ball dominant guard backcourt and if anything Darius has a lot more to prove overall before he's actually untouchable I don't care what bs has been put out there about him be just that.
Sexton is already improving significantly as a floor vision even if his reads are reactions still more than instinct which is obviously better
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#1275 » by JonFromVA » Tue Feb 4, 2020 12:27 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:No one wants to pay TT what he wants. He's not the type of player you part with a first to rent.

TT was -32 last night and played like he was pouting before getting benched. It's speculation, but I don't think extension talks aren't going well. It's time for the Cavs to move on IMO.

I'd read that there are no extension talks, that Rich Paul has made it clear that TT is going to see what he can get as a free-agent. I would imagine he was actualy put on the block months ago when that came out.

But he's sitting out tonight with a phantom injury ... so ... something may finally be in the works.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1276 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 4, 2020 8:39 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:My mid first late first reference was regards to dealing Love.

I'd read that there are no extension talks, that Rich Paul has made it clear that TT is going to see what he can get as a free-agent. I would imagine he was actualy put on the block months ago when that came out.

But he's sitting out tonight with a phantom injury ... so ... something may finally be in the works.

And it was reported early that TT wanted a max to stay in Cleveland so I could see how there would lead to no extension talks. In any event, this is where we are:

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1277 » by Stillwater » Tue Feb 4, 2020 10:12 pm

So I am not surprised Kluch is spinning this from the Cavs making TT available into him wanting out...
I am expecting as a result something like TT for Mahinmi and his expiring with Michigan alum Mo Wagner or maybe Admiral Schofield attached as the key value the Cavs are getting as opposed to a high 2nd. WAS is for some dumb reason apparently buyers. supposedly
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#1278 » by JonFromVA » Tue Feb 4, 2020 11:16 pm

Stillwater wrote:So I am not surprised Kluch is spinning this from the Cavs making TT available into him wanting out...
I am expecting as a result something like TT for Mahinmi and his expiring with Michigan alum Mo Wagner or maybe Admiral Schofield attached as the key value the Cavs are getting as opposed to a high 2nd. WAS is for some dumb reason apparently buyers. supposedly

Makes sense in terms of planning for the 2020 John Wall revival tour (Wall is rep'd by Klutch like Tristan).
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1279 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:53 am

John Henson to Boston, Vincent Poirier, Semi Ojeleye, Brad Wanamaker to Cleveland, thoughts?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1280 » by jbk1234 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:06 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:John Henson to Boston, Vincent Poirier, Semi Ojeleye, Brad Wanamaker to Cleveland, thoughts?
Hard pass. We're moving TT. We're probably keeping Henson. We're certainly not moving him for three guys who will be out of the league soon.

cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers