Interesting.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#282 » by King Ken » Tue Feb 4, 2020 2:51 pm

basketballRob wrote:
kg01 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Just curious if you think about Bamba for your first round pick?

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Heyul nawl.

Maybe for the OKC pick we own, which will likely end up 2 2nds.

We're looking for a starting C, not a project.
No. I don't think they trade him buy I'd think he'd garner a lottery pick. His offense is raw but he has like the 3rd best defensive rate for a center. I could see him having a Mutumbo type career if he can stay healthy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

They won't trade him or Issac at this stage
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,955

Post#283 » by shakes0 » Tue Feb 4, 2020 3:54 pm

If all it costs us is the Brooklyn pick then getting Capela is a massive no brainer.

He's not expensive, he's signed long term and it's not like we're gonna find a better option in the middle of a crappy draft or trying to get free agents to come to ATL.

Can't shoot, but he can PnR for alley oops and play defense which checks 2/3 boxes we need checked for a center.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,430

Post#284 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Feb 4, 2020 6:39 pm

shakes0 wrote:If all it costs us is the Brooklyn pick then getting Capela is a massive no brainer.

He's not expensive, he's signed long term and it's not like we're gonna find a better option in the middle of a crappy draft or trying to get free agents to come to ATL.

Can't shoot, but he can PnR for alley oops and play defense which checks 2/3 boxes we need checked for a center.

Just curious aren;t you mostly a Trae guy and not a Hawks fan. Just remember a few Lin guys that were around that left which is not really a big deal...

I think the biggest issues are lowering the Minny protections on their pick. I think they would want to send the Hawks a bad contract in Dieng and give GS a juicy expiring in Parsons which is no big deal for me. For Schlenk it could become a deal breaker.

Hawks in: Dieng, Capela
Hawks out: Parsons, Nets 2020 pick, Len/Parker
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#285 » by Radioblacktive1 » Tue Feb 4, 2020 6:41 pm

Looking like Capela to Atlanta is heating up.

If we can get him and keep our own pick while giving up Brooklyn’s then this is a wonderful trade for us. I’m not big on this draft class but I guess it won’t hurt to take a swing at the top names. Worst case scenario is we draft a promising prospect, best case is we trade him for a proven player.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#286 » by DirtybirdGA » Tue Feb 4, 2020 7:31 pm

Hope so.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,955

Post#287 » by shakes0 » Tue Feb 4, 2020 8:05 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:
shakes0 wrote:If all it costs us is the Brooklyn pick then getting Capela is a massive no brainer.

Just curious aren;t you mostly a Trae guy and not a Hawks fan. Just remember a few Lin guys that were around that left which is not really a big deal...

I think the biggest issues are lowering the Minny protections on their pick. I think they would want to send the Hawks a bad contract in Dieng and give GS a juicy expiring in Parsons which is no big deal for me. For Schlenk it could become a deal breaker.

I became a Hawks fan the second they drafted Trae. Hadn't really followed my previous team or the NBA for the previous 10 years so it was an easy transition.
CP War Hawks
Analyst

Post#288 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Feb 4, 2020 9:11 pm

shakes0 wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:

I became a Hawks fan the second they drafted Trae. Hadn't really followed my previous team or the NBA for the previous 10 years so it was an easy transition.

I dig it. Man now they have Wiggins going to GS possibly. We need to get this deal done asap.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,916

Post#289 » by jayu70 » Tue Feb 4, 2020 9:48 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:

I dig it. Man now they have Wiggins going to GS possibly. We need to get this deal done asap.

Minny prefers to move Wiggins but rumor is GSW isn't interested, the are asking for 3 1st for DLo eith them being unprotected picks from Minny.
Another part of the rumor is Hawks taking Wiggins (yuck) and rerouting him to Cavs for Love (yuck).
All rumors so TIFWIW.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,025

Post#290 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Feb 4, 2020 9:57 pm

Price seems to be coming down on Capela. If all it takes to get him is Nets pick and exp. just do it. He's on a nice 4 year deal and a very solid starting C.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#291 » by jayu70 » Tue Feb 4, 2020 11:13 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Price seems to be coming down on Capela. If all it takes to get him is Nets pick and exp. just do it. He's on a nice 4 year deal and a very solid starting C.

The hold up.in the Minny/GSW portion
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#292 » by DarkXaero » Wed Feb 5, 2020 12:06 am

It seems like teams have asked about John Collins, so I just wanted to ask you guys if you'd be open to moving him. From my understanding, he is a very good young big still on his rookie deal, so I don't see the point of Atlanta moving him. I know that Atlanta haven't made him available but just wanted to see how would you guys feel about that.
CP War Hawks
Analyst

Post#293 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Feb 5, 2020 12:40 am

DarkXaero wrote:It seems like teams have asked about John Collins, so I just wanted to ask you guys if you'd be open to moving him. From my understanding, he is a very good young big still on his rookie deal, so I don't see the point of Atlanta moving him. I know that Atlanta haven't made him available but just wanted to see how would you guys feel about that.

There may be one or two max on this board that would want Collins traded just cause. The rest of us love his game. The report about the Hawks nervous about paying him 20 million a year is interesting. I guess the reporter compared the 17.5 per that Turner and Sabonis got from Indy and thinks Atl doesn't want to pay more than that.

I think he's tradeable except they are aiming for the Kats and Joel level players.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#294 » by jayu70 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 12:54 am

DarkXaero wrote:It seems like teams have asked about John Collins, so I just wanted to ask you guys if you'd be open to moving him. From my understanding, he is a very good young big still on his rookie deal, so I don't see the point of Atlanta moving him. I know that Atlanta haven't made him available but just wanted to see how would you guys feel about that.

Teams have asked, the answer has been NO. He'll only be moved in a package for a real SUPERSTAR player if one becomes available (which is unlikely at the deadline).

Hawks beat writer:
Read on Twitter
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#295 » by azuresou1 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 1:32 am

I wouldn't move Collins unless it was as part of a superstar package.

If you're asking on behalf of the Nets, I'd instead counter and see if you guys were open to moving Jarrett Allen. That kid looks special IMO, but he's being wasted splitting time with DeAndre
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#296 » by DarkXaero » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:10 am

azuresou1 wrote:

If you're asking on behalf of the Nets, I'd instead counter and see if you guys were open to moving Jarrett Allen. That kid looks special IMO, but he's being wasted splitting time with DeAndre
Yeah I asked, because Nets name was brought up in the Athletic article (with Dinwiddie suggested).

As for Allen, I guess its similar for us. Most of us wouldn't want to move him unless he was part of a move for an all star caliber player. You guys have been heavily linked to Capela, and we see Allen as a much younger, cheaper version of Capela. So he's a great value contract right now, similar to Collins. But if we trade him, we would need to find a starting center replacement because DJ isn't that guy.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#297 » by jayu70 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:22 am

DarkXaero wrote:
azuresou1 wrote:

Yeah I asked, because Nets name was brought up in the Athletic article (with Dinwiddie suggested).

As for Allen, I guess its similar for us. Most of us wouldn't want to move him unless he was part of a move for an all star caliber player. You guys have been heavily linked to Capela, and we see Allen as a much younger, cheaper version of Capela. So he's a great value contract right now, similar to Collins. But if we trade him, we would need to find a starting center replacement because DJ isn't that guy.

I saw the Dinwiddie reference too but I couldn't think of a trade that works salary wise for who we have available, we definitely aren't trading Collins to get a backup PG.
With Irving out again, doubt you guys move Spencer now.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#298 » by Radioblacktive1 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:27 am

Apparently Juancho Hernangomez is on our radar. Don’t hate it but would rather that spot go to Bertans.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#299 » by DarkXaero » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:29 am

jayu70 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
azuresou1 wrote:

I saw the Dinwiddie reference too but I couldn't think of a trade that works salary wise for who we have available, we definitely aren't trading Collins to get a backup PG.
With Irving out again, doubt you guys move Spencer now.
Dinwiddie isn't a backup PG, he's a starting caliber guard. It remains to be seen whether he can be played alongside another PG long-term and be fully effective (Kyrie & Dinwiddie together has worked to an extent). But yeah, Kyrie's injury record makes it hard for us to move Dinwiddie. On top of that, Collins holds more value than Dinwiddie, so we'd have to another positive value asset which makes this hard.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#300 » by jayu70 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:02 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Atlanta Hawks