Warriors Break Off D'Angelo Russell Trade Talks With Wolves

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Warriors Break Off D'Angelo Russell Trade Talks With Wolves 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:40 am

The Golden State Warriors have broken off trade talks with the Minnesota Timberwolves centered on D'Angelo Russell.

The Warriors and Wolves have been discussing a deal involving Russell for Andrew Wiggins and draft pick compensation.

The Warriors "have been clear with Minnesota on price point - and Timberwolves, to this point, are not willing to meet it," reports Shams Charania.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Magoose
Junior
And1: 141

Re: Warriors Break Off D'Angelo Russell Trade Talks With Wolves 

Post#2 » by Magoose » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:12 am

yes. This is great news for the Wolves. No to DLO. :wavefinger:
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#3 » by ClutchUp » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:17 am

Magoose wrote:yes. This is great news for the Wolves. No to DLO. :wavefinger:

Considering how frustrated Towns is right now. This is hardly great news.
Magoose
Junior
And1: 141

Post#4 » by Magoose » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:40 am

ClutchUp wrote:

I don't care. KAT is under contract for 4 more years. To overpay for a slightly above average player with turnstile defense doesn't lead to more wins and thus less frustration on the Wolves end. And just getting his buddy to lose with him won't help anyone in the process. Rather trade Towns in the end tbh when push comes to shove.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#5 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:24 pm

Magoose wrote:
ClutchUp wrote:

I don't care. KAT is under contract for 4 more years. To overpay for a slightly above average player with turnstile defense doesn't lead to more wins and thus less frustration on the Wolves end. And just getting his buddy to lose with him won't help anyone in the process. Rather trade Towns in the end tbh when push comes to shove.

I'm with Magoose....Tell GS to kick rocks if they ask too much. NOBODY in the NBA wants to see them retool with our Hershel Walker trade. They thought they would be able to flip him easily, and now that only one team is after him, they think they should get over market value. Wiggins and Brkn FRP. That's the offer if I'm Rosas. Or find someone who wants Wiggins.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#6 » by ClutchUp » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:33 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Magoose wrote:
ClutchUp wrote:

I'm with Magoose....Tell GS to kick rocks if they ask too much. NOBODY in the NBA wants to see them retool with our Hershel Walker trade. They thought they would be able to flip him easily, and now that only one team is after him, they think they should get over market value. Wiggins and Brkn FRP. That's the offer if I'm Rosas. Or find someone who wants Wiggins.

All the pressure is on Rosas. He's the one with the disgruntled franchise player.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#7 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:00 pm

ClutchUp wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Magoose wrote:

All the pressure is on Rosas. He's the one with the disgruntled franchise player.

Not really. Towns knew Cov was gone. He can throw a tantrum if he wants, he's signed for 4 more years. Rosas seems....SEEMS like a GM that won't cave to players wants, or pressure/rip off from GS. GS doesn't NEED DLo, doesn't look as if there is a bidding war for him, so if they ask too much, then we can talk again in the summer. This season is toast for us, and bringing in Russ only hurts us in the lotto. Rosas cannot afford 90 million dollars for 3 number 2 players. And Wiggins is a #3 at best.

Return to Wiretap Discussion