ImageImage

Welcome to Atlanta Clint Capela (and Nene)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Welcome to Atlanta Clint Capela (and Nene) 

Post#41 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:50 pm

What a great trade by Atlanta - they just become one of the top teams to follow. It'll be interesting to see how Capella and Collins work together - and if they force other teams to adjust to them - rather than the other way around.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ghost999
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#42 » by Ghost999 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:59 pm

Wow, what a great way to start my day! Perfect trade scenario for the Hawks. We now have both of the glaring needs met with the additions of Teague and Capela. I think we should hold onto Parker as the backup PF though. He is the only real backup PF on the roster. My only question now is who gets waived? Nene, Brown, Jones, Graham?
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#43 » by Radioblacktive1 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:06 pm

Ghost999 wrote:Wow, what a great way to start my day! Perfect trade scenario for the Hawks. We now have both of the glaring needs met with the additions of Teague and Capela. I think we should hold onto Parker as the backup PF though. He is the only real backup PF on the roster. My only question now is who gets waived? Nene, Brown, Jones, Graham?

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Ghost999
Freshman

Post#44 » by Ghost999 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:32 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:
Ghost999 wrote:Wow, what a great way to start my day! Perfect trade scenario for the Hawks. We now have both of the glaring needs met with the additions of Teague and Capela. I think we should hold onto Parker as the backup PF though. He is the only real backup PF on the roster. My only question now is who gets waived? Nene, Brown, Jones, Graham?

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Well I suppose he wasn't exactly going to be playing anymore after his injury. Thought we might still try to use his exp contract for something else but oh well. So now there are 5 Centers on the roster? I'm thinking something else might happen with one of those 5 centers before the day is up.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,916

Post#45 » by jayu70 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:36 pm

Ghost999 wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Well I suppose he wasn't exactly going to be playing anymore after his injury. Thought we might still try to use his exp contract for something else but oh well. So now there are 5 Centers on the roster? I'm thinking something else might happen with one of those 5 centers before the day is up.

Ideally, yes. But most teams don't have salary matches for a $25 million expiring.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#46 » by VCfor3 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:54 pm

I think Atlanta made out best in the trade out of the four teams. I thought you guys would have needed to include better filler and maybe the OKC 1st instead of a 2nd. Can't wait to watch the ATL/MEM games here in a month. Capela will have settled in some by then and I can watch two great young cores battle it out.
Ghost999
Freshman

Post#47 » by Ghost999 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 4:00 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I think Atlanta made out best in the trade out of the four teams. I thought you guys would have needed to include better filler and maybe the OKC 1st instead of a 2nd. Can't wait to watch the ATL/MEM games here in a month. Capela will have settled in some by then and I can watch two great young cores battle it out.

Yes this was absolute Highway robbery by the Hawks. We get the center we desperately needed and only gave up Evan Turner who has been a complete bust and a mid 1st rounder in a relatively weak draft.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,954

Post#48 » by shakes0 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 4:02 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:I don't hate the trade, but I wouldn't have done it either, because I assume that the Hawks will just draft Wiseman this summer.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

I didn't get to see much of Wiseman this year for the obvious reasons, but everything I've read about him suggests he is a very low IQ player who is getting by on athletic ability. A guy like that is going to need years to become competent in the NBA. Having a guy like that play behind a solid vet is invaluable. Giving a guy like Wiseman the keys from day one is a massive mistake and can ruin that players development.

Also, you can't assume you are going to get a specific player in the draft. That's just idiotic. Especially when that player is the only big guy being projected at the top of the draft. GSW is already being linked to him so that's one team right there who would get in our way.

Getting Capela doesn't mean you can't also draft Wiseman. In fact, it makes the option of drafting Wiseman much more appealing IMO.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#49 » by VCfor3 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 4:13 pm

If you do draft Wiseman, you probably can flip Capela to Boston and recoup the lost 1st round pick. If you aren't able to draft Wiseman, you still have your center of the future. You guys are fine.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,277

Post#50 » by babyjax13 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 4:56 pm

So excited to watch the Hawks develop, Capela is a great fit.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
BrazilianHawk
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#51 » by BrazilianHawk » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:12 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:Now we gotta wait for him to get healthy.

Yeah. But that's fine. An ancient, one-legged Nene is still way batter than any Hawks C not named Collins (who is a PF).
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#52 » by HMFFL » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:15 pm

Ghost999 wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

It's safe to assume that we did try every avenue possible to move his expiring contract for some value.
I wish him the best but even before his possibly career ending car wreck he wasn't meant for the NBA after this season. He hasn't shown anything since playing well for Dallas briefly.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#53 » by HMFFL » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:16 pm

BrazilianHawk wrote:

Yeah. But that's fine. An ancient, one-legged Nene is still way batter than any Hawks C not named Collins (who is a PF).
I doubt Nene plays a minute for us.
He will more than likely be waived and join a playoff contender.

BrazilianHawk
Sophomore

Post#54 » by BrazilianHawk » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:28 pm

HMFFL wrote:
BrazilianHawk wrote:

I doubt Nene plays a minute for us.
He will more than likely be waived and join a playoff contender.

Yeah, he probably won't even dress. But still, I'm fine with Capela being out for now... For 'basketball' reasons. :eyebrows:
BrazilianHawk
Sophomore

Post#55 » by BrazilianHawk » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:31 pm

I hate Schlenk for what he did to Millsap and Coach Bud. And also for not keeping Luka.

But I love this trade.
Deester11
Freshman
And1: 59

Post#56 » by Deester11 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:52 pm

BrazilianHawk wrote:I hate Schlenk for what he did to Millsap and Coach Bud. And also for not keeping Luka.

But I love this trade.

I'll give you Luka possibly and maybe Millsap, but Bud didn't want any part of this rebuild. I was good with that because he stunk as the GM and his personnel decisions ensured the Hawks would have to go this route. It's starting to bear fruit however minimal it is at this point.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,469

Post#57 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:26 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#58 » by jayu70 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:32 pm

BrazilianHawk wrote:I hate Schlenk for what he did to Millsap and Coach Bud. And also for not keeping Luka.

But I love this trade.

Bud was on board with the rebuild initially, then he changed mid stream.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#59 » by jayu70 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,469

Post#60 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks