Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1281 » by LakerLegend » Tue Feb 4, 2020 11:51 pm

gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#1282 » by gorz » Wed Feb 5, 2020 4:48 am

Sublime187 wrote:What do you guys think of this whole Kobe and luciferian thing? I was watching a video on YouTube and no doubt these guy seems tho be reaching a bit but still. Also Lebron flashing the Illuminati and 666 sign at Kobe's tribute.

The institution the powers that be are very real. Idk how ppl can continue to deny that at this point. I dont believe for a second Kobe was practicing some dark magic or satanic rituals. It was just a case of him being used by the powers due to his mass appeal and influence. Kobe came into league young immensely talented and extremely marketable so by default he became the nbas cashcow to propel their brand globally. if anything he was being manipulated by those affiliated in that higher circle with the nba who are actually in the occult. In order for kobe to maintain his high status he needs to show his allegiance to them with their commercials ad campaigns etc. Same goes for lebron they're just being used as puppets to fulfill their own dark agenda while lebron can continue to build his own basketball legacy by his own admission and the media.
O-Dubb
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#1283 » by O-Dubb » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:14 am

LakerLegend wrote:

I thought someone had posted House of Highlights incredible and well executed video of Kobe's entire career. If watched the highlights in detail, you can actually see the progression of maturity of Bryant through his reactions after performing those plays. Its even more apparent once Kobe goes from 8 to number 24.

I have hated Kobe his entire career. Once he retired..I stopped I would jokingly hate on him with my friends however, Kobe made more impact on people's mentality than I ever could. Bitterness is something men shouldn't hold onto as it projects in the wrong ways.

His death came at an absolute shock and TOO THIS VERY DAY, I still am in complete denial that he's dead. Its almost inconceivable. Its as if I've hit the wrong timeline. I've watched too many Marvel movies. As someone said, he's a "Fallen Titan".

To see someone as impactful worldwide as Kobe die so suddenly and tragically immediately gave everyone a dose of their mortality. One day, I'm seeing Kobe speaking with his daughters on the sidelines or sending a tweet congratulating Lebron. The very next day, Kobe's dead. It's unbelievable. The Friday before Kobe died, I was at a restaurant with one of my guys watching the Clippers beat the heat. We scolded mediocre teams, calling them "Soft as Charmin" we said and laughed. One of Kobe's greater moments of competitiveness.

To see Kobe die with his daughter die, and his peers (whom he influenced as seen in other videos of their lives) is even more off-putting.

There was a video on youtube that I watched on John Altobelli bringing in Kobe to talk with his baseball team to inspire them of the "Mamba Mentality". I can't find the video and searched for it for half an hour. Altobelli of course died with his wife and daughter on the Helicopter. They were also major catalysts who played a part in Kobe's academy. Altobelli is mourned by a team he coached and a community that loved him on a smaller scale in comparison to Kobe. Loved nonetheless and mourned regardless. Christina Maurser was of course was a major part of Kobe's academy for empowering young girls. Mourned by a husband who of course loved her dearly.

Personally, I feel cheated by Kobe Bryant's death because we won't get to see the various instances of him growing older around his peers. I feel cheated that he wasn't officially inducted in the hall of fame with a speech out of his own mouth just as Jordan was. I feel cheated that he won't get to fulfill his potential off court after his success with business ventures and honorary rewards. Especially on the sidelines (chatting with his peers) during the course of big games just as we see today. We won't get his input on various issues that the NBA needs to fix. There's instances I imagined Kobe playing the roles of K.A.J, Bill Russell, and Larry Bird.

We have been denied by the reality of human mortality. Everyone will die one day as well as I. The heat death of an infinite universe is futile. Sigh...

People still continue to cry till this very day, February 5, 2020.
Jim Piffpoodle
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#1284 » by Jim Piffpoodle » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:16 am

Hey everyone, still trying to process everything, such a tragedy.

It might sound weird, but does it bother anyone else that the coverage has essentially stopped? I totally understand it, maybe there's nothing else to talk about the world has to move on, but something about him just being a complete legend of a human being, passing in such a senseless tragedy, and then it just isn't mentioned essentially in a matter of days. Maybe it's because the noise has died down and I still haven't processed it that I feel weird. Now obviously he will be immortalized in tributes, statues etc, but something about us not being engaged with his presence actively is just so unfair, I guess that's just how it works.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#1285 » by GordanFreeman » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:30 pm

gorz wrote:
Sublime187 wrote:What do you guys think of this whole Kobe and luciferian thing? ...

The institution the powers that be are very real. ...

Bruh don’t litter the thread with **** like this
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#1286 » by GordanFreeman » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:37 pm

F helicopters. Still mad, upset, sad, heartbroken,etc that he’s gone.
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Post#1287 » by DS17 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:49 pm

Jim Piffpoodle wrote:Hey everyone, still trying to process everything, such a tragedy.

It might sound weird, but does it bother anyone else that the coverage has essentially stopped? I totally understand it, maybe there's nothing else to talk about the world has to move on, but something about him just being a complete legend of a human being, passing in such a senseless tragedy, and then it just isn't mentioned essentially in a matter of days. Maybe it's because the noise has died down and I still haven't processed it that I feel weird. Now obviously he will be immortalized in tributes, statues etc, but something about us not being engaged with his presence actively is just so unfair, I guess that's just how it works.

It bothers me too. I think I know why he isn't discussed as much anymore.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,688

Post#1288 » by Clay Davis » Wed Feb 5, 2020 4:57 pm

DS17 wrote:
Jim Piffpoodle wrote:Hey everyone, still trying to process everything, such a tragedy.

I think the Lakers tribute at home was meant to be a crescendo and provide closure. I don't really feel like I could ever receive any closure on this, though, and I'm certain at least a few of the players feel the same way. Still, media has a short attention span.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,739

Post#1289 » by Deivork » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:33 pm

(This post is a call for MODS to make a subdivision of this thread)

Hi all. Like most here, we've been grieving Kobe's death over the last two weeks. Personally I've had my ups and downs.

Two days after the accident I posted my thoughts and reflections. Now I don't want to forget about it and act like I ignore it.

That's why I really appreciate a thread like this. However, I think the case is too sensitive to keep it in just one. Too often I feel like checking on the matter but at the same time I feel very hesitant to enter this thread because of how much is mixed up.

I think some people already mentioned the possibility days ago, but I'm calling for a subdivision of this thread.

Reasons why:

- Kobe's figure and passing have so many angles that it brings up A LOT of different topics.

- For those affected (and those not so affected), each individual's grieving process go at different pace and stages. It's sensitive.

- I want to keep talking about Kobe's figure, Kobe's accident, Kobe's greatness and Kobe's controversies. JUST NOT ALL TOGETHER. It's hard to mix 3 messages of honest feeling-sharing, with details on the accident, the funeral... with someone posting highlights and others bringing up Kobe's rape accusation, for instance.

They are all worth discussing, just I think the situation requires for us to be able to choose what topic we want to get into each time.

My proposal:

- Kobe's accident & funeral discussion
- Kobe's passing and fan mourning
- Kobe's basketball legacy discussion
- Kobe's non-basketball impact.

(Or something in these lines)

I think Kobe Bryant and his passing are important enough to deserve proper discussion and thought sharing in our forums.
Win it for Al, win it for Marcus, win it for Bill #banner18 :beer:
Silver & Co: bring defense back to the NBA, please :cry:
Every day, we praise the the Lord for having Jayson "M.F." Tatum :nod:
Jayt99
Rookie
And1: 1,552

Post#1290 » by Jayt99 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:25 pm

DS17 wrote:

And what conclusion have you come to.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#1291 » by Sprewell4Three » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:55 am

Kobe not being here still seems strange to me. And its also interesting how the media has basically stopped talking about him. All last week people were crying , changing their IG profile pictures, blah blah. Now this week it's all back to normal. I'm like damn people forgot about Kobe after just 1 week?
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#1292 » by LakerLegend » Thu Feb 6, 2020 2:24 am

madmaxmedia wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:I remember watching a Youtube video comparing MJ and Kobe, primarily the fact that MJ could easily palm the ball while doing ball fakes, change of directions, etc. while Kobe could not. While there are other differences between the 2, I think if Kobe did have same sized hands as MJ it would have made a significant difference for him. What you guys think?

(I've always been of the opinion that MJ was the GOAT, and Kobe around Top-10 level.)

It could make a difference. But there are a lot of hall of famers that couldn't palm the ball (Charles Barkley, for example) so it's not required for greatness.

On the other hand, some regular 5'10 manlets can palm a basketball and they're about as close to making it to the NBA as Lizzo.

:lol: Yeah true. I don't want to overemphasize it or anything, but it's interesting to compare the 2 in that way since they are both HOF all-around scorers. They were both blessed with great physical tools overall, and both maxed out their physical gifts with their hard work and will to win.

Kobe could palm the ball, he just couldn't do things like waive it around and as easily control/protect it like Jordan etc. because his hands were massive.
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,442

Post#1293 » by Jables » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:12 am

gorz wrote:
Sublime187 wrote:What do you guys think of this whole Kobe and luciferian thing? I was watching a video on YouTube and no doubt these guy seems tho be reaching a bit but still. Also Lebron flashing the Illuminati and 666 sign at Kobe's tribute.

The institution the powers that be are very real. Idk how ppl can continue to deny that at this point. I dont believe for a second Kobe was practicing some dark magic or satanic rituals. It was just a case of him being used by the powers due to his mass appeal and influence. Kobe came into league young immensely talented and extremely marketable so by default he became the nbas cashcow to propel their brand globally. if anything he was being manipulated by those affiliated in that higher circle with the nba who are actually in the occult. In order for kobe to maintain his high status he needs to show his allegiance to them with their commercials ad campaigns etc. Same goes for lebron they're just being used as puppets to fulfill their own dark agenda while lebron can continue to build his own basketball legacy by his own admission and the media.

Oh hey guys I'm not an idiot that believes in dark magic, I just use the word dark agenda unironically and Kobe was a part of the illuminati see how rational that is compared to the first part?
gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#1294 » by gorz » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:40 am

Jables wrote:
gorz wrote:

Oh hey guys I'm not an idiot that believes in dark magic, I just use the word dark agenda unironically and Kobe was a part of the illuminati see how rational that is compared to the first part?

I think you are lacking in reading comprehension my friend so let me break it down so you can understand easier. The illuminati is real and yes they practice dark magic along with other rituals. Whether you want to believe dark magic is real or hocus pocus is up to you..but the fact is that activity is what they actually do. Kobe was just a puppet..he wasnt a luciferian he was a practicing catholic.
MrChow
Freshman
And1: 93

Post#1295 » by MrChow » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:51 am

DS17 wrote:

I think seeing LAtimes front page yesterday titled,"How Kobe Bryants legacy is complicated to victims of sexual assault" and Gayle King trying to corner Lisa Leslie about sexual assault is exactly why the media is trying to erase Kobe's death already.

I can tell you that Los Angeles and San Diego (the two cities my families live in) are hurting right now over Kobe but not every one. Also I dont wish every one was hurting or suffering over Kobe. If anything it has taught me to appreciate life more and take stuff less seriously.

However, we live in a metoo fake outrage era where a rape accusation gets your legacy erased. I promise you come hell or high water, seeing the reaction the people have on Ari Shaffir and Gayle King whoever goes down that road in public is getting theirs. My only question moving forward is where is the memorial? If we had one for Michael Jackson and all the controversy his life brought then you're freaking joking me if we dont have one for Kobe.

This man helped blacks and latinos come together, an issue the media never likes talking about because it doesnt fall into their identity politics narrative. Blacks and latinos have been at war with each other for years in LA and guys like Kobe helped bring us together in the 90s.

Either way he will always be an icon in LA. Legend
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,111

Post#1296 » by Dr Aki » Thu Feb 6, 2020 2:34 pm

NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 23,811

Post#1297 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:31 pm

gorz wrote:
Jables wrote:
gorz wrote:

I think you are lacking in reading comprehension my friend so let me break it down so you can understand easier. The illuminati is real and yes they practice dark magic along with other rituals. Whether you want to believe dark magic is real or hocus pocus is up to you..but the fact is that activity is what they actually do. Kobe was just a puppet..he wasnt a luciferian he was a practicing catholic.

I hope you grow out of this one day.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,807

Post#1298 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:38 pm

I hope you grow out of this one day.

When your actual life isn't interesting people create grandiose backdrops to provide excitement. Its why people wear robes and call each other Grand Wizards, shoot up pizza parlors under the guise of helping stop international sex slave rings and to a less dramatic extent espouse insane wokeness online to shame others who don't have the secret, dogmatic woke-cabulary down to pat.

Can you imagine how fun it must be to know all this secret knowledge?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#1299 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:48 pm

LakerLegend wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:
It could make a difference. But there are a lot of hall of famers that couldn't palm the ball (Charles Barkley, for example) so it's not required for greatness.

On the other hand, some regular 5'10 manlets can palm a basketball and they're about as close to making it to the NBA as Lizzo.

:lol: Yeah true. I don't want to overemphasize it or anything, but it's interesting to compare the 2 in that way since they are both HOF all-around scorers. They were both blessed with great physical tools overall, and both maxed out their physical gifts with their hard work and will to win.

Kobe could palm the ball, he just couldn't do things like waive it around and as easily control/protect it like Jordan etc. because his hands were massive.

Gotcha, he was 6'8" after all. I guess he would have to have proportionally tiny hands if he couldn't palm a basketball. But effectively the difference is the same, Jordan could do so much holding the ball with one hand.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#1300 » by The Laker Kid » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:20 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:Kobe not being here still seems strange to me. And its also interesting how the media has basically stopped talking about him. All last week people were crying , changing their IG profile pictures, blah blah. Now this week it's all back to normal. I'm like damn people forgot about Kobe after just 1 week?

That was my exact thoughts while watching the last Laker game. Kinda weird to see people cheering all around after just 1.5 week from tragedy. But you know, people have to move on somehow. Outside of what we see on TV in Staples, people are still shaken about it. People have not moved on yet, as far as I can feel. What you see on TV is not a true representation of reality.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....

Return to The General Board