2020 Trade Deadline Catch-All

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Re: 2020 Trade Deadline Catch-All 

Post#21 » by Tom White » Wed Feb 5, 2020 10:26 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:.......And as for us, it looks like fair value, but something that makes us much worse? Bogdan’s going to hold out if he’s stuck behind Vic. That’s his issue in Sacramento. Porter isn’t better than Warren now and Lauri won’t re sign to stay on the bench forever. Seems like it makes us worse, and throws a couple grenades in the locker room in terms of young guys wanting out immediately.

Like so many trades I see posted here, this would be a horrible trade for the Pacers. Even worse than doing something JUST to be doing something.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#22 » by boomershadow » Wed Feb 5, 2020 10:47 pm

I'm generally not very interested in hypothetical trades that arent likely to happen.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#23 » by Pacersike » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:32 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
The Pacers aren’t unhappy with Leaf’s development. He’s a victim of the numbers game on a team that drafted 6-11 Goga Bitadze befor[e] this season.

This I find hard to believe. We need a 4, we need 3 point shooting, rebounding, and Leaf is our best big 3 point shooter and our second best rebounder, after the Dominator.

Even if they view him as a 5 and knowing the simple mistakes Goga still makes as a rookie, dude just has to play if they really liked his progress.

I do not like the very soft approach for treating our players. Leaf has been a disappointment, Myles has been a disappointment.
Nothing wrong with making it public while adding the belief that they can do better than what they are bringing right now, on another team possibly.

Leaf is the main person to blame for being out of the rotation, not others. So no need at all to call a player a victim, better focus on his own contributions, and reserve the word victim for Corona deaths or bush fire human and animal deaths.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#24 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:46 am

Pacersike wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
The Pacers aren’t unhappy with Leaf’s development. He’s a victim of the numbers game on a team that drafted 6-11 Goga Bitadze befor[e] this season.

This I find hard to believe. We need a 4, we need 3 point shooting, rebounding, and Leaf is our best big 3 point shooter and our second best rebounder, after the Dominator.

Even if they view him as a 5 and knowing the simple mistakes Goga still makes as a rookie, dude just has to play if they really liked his progress.

I do not like the very soft approach for treating our players. Leaf has been a disappointment, Myles has been a disappointment.
Nothing wrong with making it public while adding the belief that they can do better than what they are bringing right now, on another team possibly.

Leaf is the main person to blame for being out of the rotation, not others. So no need at all to call a player a victim, better focus on his own contributions, and reserve the word victim for Corona deaths or bush fire human and animal deaths.

Leaf isn’t a 4, and he’s a terrible 3 point shooter with one of the flattest shots I’ve ever seen behind the arc.

But Myles hasn’t been a disappointment. He’s catching a lot of crap for being a team player and sacrificing shots to Dom and Brogdon, but he’s been absolutely terrific defensively on the court, even though he’s having to pull double duty this year starting next to Dom instead of Thad. He constantly has been hung out to dry with Lamb’s defense and getting strung out with Dom still working on his late switches. But watching the games, he’s been a huge impact overall.
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#25 » by Pacersike » Thu Feb 6, 2020 2:29 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacersike wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Leaf isn’t a 4, and he’s a terrible 3 point shooter with one of the flattest shots I’ve ever seen behind the arc.

But Myles hasn’t been a disappointment. He’s catching a lot of crap for being a team player and sacrificing shots to Dom and Brogdon, but he’s been absolutely terrific defensively on the court, even though he’s having to pull double duty this year starting next to Dom instead of Thad. He constantly has been hung out to dry with Lamb’s defense and getting strung out with Dom still working on his late switches. But watching the games, he’s been a huge impact overall.

Who is throwing crap at whom here? Leaf has a better 3 point % than Turner, but yet you call it terrible because it looks ugly?

To me, Myles is a disappointment. Not more, not less. I'm as good as done using extreme words for him to support my emotions.

I can recommend it to every fan, to stay respectful to everyone. It is much better than maintaining a circle of disrespect.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:02 am

Pacersike wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacersike wrote:This I find hard to believe. We need a 4, we need 3 point shooting, rebounding, and Leaf is our best big 3 point shooter and our second best rebounder, after the Dominator.

Who is throwing crap at whom here? Leaf has a better 3 point % than Turner, but yet you call it terrible because it looks ugly?

To me, Myles is a disappointment. Not more, not less. I'm as good as done using extreme words for him to support my emotions.

I can recommend it to every fan, to stay respectful to everyone. It is much better than maintaining a circle of disrespect.

Sorry that you took that personally. It was not meant to be a specific post about to, but More A larger general statement about Pacers fandom; here, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

But I also wouldn’t cite Leafs stats. He’s 5 of 14 from 3 on the season. That’s a pretty darned small sample size. His percentage is higher than Brogdon, too. Would you be willing to bet that a leaf should get shots that brogdon takes instead?

But honestly, I can only see Myles described as a disappointment if one only looks at the PPG and RPG. Taking into account how the game is played, he’s been really good this year and he’s having to exert a ton of extra energy on defense just to keep the team in games. Take a look at Sabonis getting absolutely lit up by Siakam and Ibaka. We simply couldn’t hide him on either guy tonight. Sabonis is clearly a wildly better player than Thad, but Myles was able to save some energy playing next to Thad. He’s having to guard a lot more when he’s next to Dom.

No need for a lecture on civility either. It wasn’t an attack on you. If you took it personally, Again, I’m sorry that you did. But, I also think you’re missing a lot here.
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#27 » by Pacersike » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:31 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Sorry that you took that personally. It was not meant to be a specific post about to, but More A larger general statement about Pacers fandom; here, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

But I also wouldn’t cite Leafs stats. He’s 5 of 14 from 3 on the season. That’s a pretty darned small sample size. His percentage is higher than Brogdon, too. Would you be willing to bet that a leaf should get shots that brogdon takes instead?

But honestly, I can only see Myles described as a disappointment if one only looks at the PPG and RPG. Taking into account how the game is played, he’s been really good this year and he’s having to exert a ton of extra energy on defense just to keep the team in games. Take a look at Sabonis getting absolutely lit up by Siakam and Ibaka. We simply couldn’t hide him on either guy tonight. Sabonis is clearly a wildly better player than Thad, but Myles was able to save some energy playing next to Thad. He’s having to guard a lot more when he’s next to Dom.

No need for a lecture on civility either. It wasn’t an attack on you. If you took it personally, Again, I’m sorry that you did. But, I also think you’re missing a lot here.

Would you bet money that if Leaf would get a lot more shots, his 3% would drop to terrible territory?
I don't call him a respectable 3 point shooter either because of the small sample size, but his rookie season and college show some potential.

I don't feel like Myles his defense has significantly improved compared with previous seasons and yes, his percentages are down when you hope they would go up (a bit) considering his age. Overall his improvement is a disappointment to me.

The encouragement I wrote down was also nothing too personal. It happens everywhere, but I see no need to say things like getting absolutely lit up by, to have a good and respectful discussion. Nate was wrong keeping Turner out, but Siakam was not hitting much in the first half.

Thank you for your respect though and this is what you get when you try to be respectful to everyone. :)
I have made disrespectful mistakes in the past and I'm also sorry for that, so I recommend being respectful to everyone, that's it.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 898

Post#28 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:40 am

Are the Pacers considering trading Turner ?

How would you feel about a deal with Wizards... Thomas Bryant, Troy Brown, Jordan McRae, Isaiah Thomas ?
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7285193

Bryant is 22 (former Hoosier) 6-10 avg 13 & 7 in 25 mpg + 34% 3pt.
Brown is 20, 6-6 wing, good D, avg 10 pts 6 boards 2 assts in 26 mpg, 33% 3pt, 15th pick 2018.
McRae, 26, SG avg 38% on 3, and 13 pts, 3 & 3 in 22 mpg.
Thomas, 30, PG avg 41% on 3, 12 & 4 in 23 mpg.

McRae & IT are filler expiring bench depth ... The main pieces are Bryant & Brown, both young with upside, both signed to 2022.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#29 » by boomershadow » Thu Feb 6, 2020 12:19 pm

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:Are the Pacers considering trading Turner ?

How would you feel about a deal with Wizards... Thomas Bryant, Troy Brown, Jordan McRae, Isaiah Thomas ?

Brown is 20, 6-6 wing, good D, avg 10 pts 6 boards 2 assts in 26 mpg, 33% 3pt, 15th pick 2018.

McRae & IT are filler expiring bench depth ... The main pieces are Bryant & Brown, both young with upside, both signed to 2022.
No.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:21 pm

Pacersike wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Sorry that you took that personally. It was not meant to be a specific post about to, but More A larger general statement about Pacers fandom; here, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Would you bet money that if Leaf would get a lot more shots, his 3% would drop to terrible territory?
I don't call him a respectable 3 point shooter either because of the small sample size, but his rookie season and college show some potential.

I don't feel like Myles his defense has significantly improved compared with previous seasons and yes, his percentages are down when you hope they would go up (a bit) considering his age. Overall his improvement is a disappointment to me.

The encouragement I wrote down was also nothing too personal. It happens everywhere, but I see no need to say things like getting absolutely lit up by, to have a good and respectful discussion. Nate was wrong keeping Turner out, but Siakam was not hitting much in the first half.

Thank you for your respect though and this is what you get when you try to be respectful to everyone. :)
I have made disrespectful mistakes in the past and I'm also sorry for that, so I recommend being respectful to everyone, that's it.

I would look at Leaf’s career 3 pt shooting of 31/87 as nowhere near enough to show anything, either way, over 3 years, nor his 3 pt shooting in college at a shorter distance as any indicator. We projected he might be able to stretch his shot and develop an nba 3, but it hasn’t happened yet. In preseason or the summer league either.

As for respect, sure. But maybe we can also assume the best of people we’ve interacted with for many, many years? Why should we automatically assume the worst; that were insulting or disrespectful when we know the person and know their voice? I would like to think we can also be comfortable in our own skins here, rather than worrying about how others might misread us. You know me. I know you. There’s never been anything but respect between us for years. Why would you assume anything different now? Just because we disagree?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:23 pm

It’s similar to offering up for Beal a package of TJ Leaf, Jeremy Lamb, Ed Sumner, and other pieces. I mean, there’s some good D in there, a solid vet, a recent disappointing draft pick and likely some other stuff. You don’t like it either.

Remember, 1 for 4 type deals are generally “We desperately want to dump our guy for anything” offers. They’re not real offers for guys that have value. Especially midseason.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#32 » by Wizop » Thu Feb 6, 2020 2:38 pm

Pacers are making the playoffs. we generally like our roster. any mid-season trade would need to have the same number of players coming in as going out unless we waive people to create roster spots. you would send us three guards none of whom are better than Brogdon, Oladipo, McConnell, Lamb, JHolliday, or AHoliday. we'd probably just have to waive them all making the deal Turner for Bryant. we not only lose talent but acquire a center who can't play outside and therefore would be in Sabonis' way.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:41 pm

Wizop wrote:

Pacers are making the playoffs. we generally like our roster. any mid-season trade would need to have the same number of players coming in as going out unless we waive people to create roster spots. you would send us three guards none of whom are better than Brogdon, Oladipo, McConnell, Lamb, JHolliday, or AHoliday. we'd probably just have to waive them all making the deal Turner for Bryant. we not only lose talent but acquire a center who can't play outside and therefore would be in Sabonis' way.

Even worse, we’d have to waive our guys first to just be able to legally make the deal.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#34 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:17 pm

I'd literally vomit.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#36 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:11 pm

Noooo thank you! We don't have 3 open roster spots even if that was a good package.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#37 » by Topofthekey » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:17 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:.......And as for us, it looks like fair value, but something that makes us much worse? Bogdan’s going to hold out if he’s stuck behind Vic. That’s his issue in Sacramento. Porter isn’t better than Warren now and Lauri won’t re sign to stay on the bench forever. Seems like it makes us worse, and throws a couple grenades in the locker room in terms of young guys wanting out immediately.

Like so many trades I see posted here, this would be a horrible trade for the Pacers. Even worse than doing something JUST to be doing something.

Curious, why do you consider it horrible for the Pacers
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#38 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:18 pm

Pacersike wrote:

Ok I'm not taking any personal shot at you here. Leaf was a terrible pick and should have stayed in college. He's not an NBA quality player. Myles led the NBA in blocked shots last year. There is no comparison to be made!
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#39 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:22 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Tom White wrote:

Curious, why do you consider it horrible for the Pacers

Porter can't stay healthy.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#40 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:29 pm

Wow did you guys see what the Pistons got out of Drummond?

Return to Indiana Pacers