codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

[Woj] Dedmon to ATL for Jabari Parker and Alex Len 

Post#1 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:33 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Also sending out two seconds which do not appear to be our own.

What do we think of the deal? I'm thinking another deal may follow this up with Bjelica on the move or Jabari flipped somewhere else. When Bagley is back won't be a whole lot of time available at the 4 with Bagley/Beli/Parker there plus Barnes getting spot minutes.

I like the Len pickup too. A big body we need at the 5, averaging 17 and 11 per 36.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: [Woj] Dedmon to ATL for Jabari Parker and Alex Len 

Post#2 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:37 am

Read on Twitter

Two late firsts to dump Dedmon's deal? Not bad.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,325

Post#3 » by Worst_to_First » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:29 am

Read on Twitter
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#4 » by blind prophet » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:37 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
Read on Twitter

We should of never signed Ariza and Dedmon obviously, but if you look at the salary savings of both being gone next year (Ariza 1.8 guarantee)

Picking up seconds in 2024 & 2025, that could be good.

Sending out some likely lessor picks with our next few drafts abundance....

This is about as good as it could of got.

So hopefully Bogi is worth the money.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:15 am

I think the Kings get better with Jabari adding some scoring to the bench.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#6 » by KF10 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:16 am

Dump that Dedmon contract for a flyer in Parker. Not bad.
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#7 » by jazanetti » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:44 am

Len & Parker were both net negative during whole careers. Both can't spread the floor. They are both unplayable if we're still trying to fight for PO. And we do not get any assets, but give up 2 2nds if we are not in the PO run...
Can anyone explain what is happening? I know that Vlade is probably the worst GM in the league but this trade is not bad or good, it's totally meaningless.
P.S. Jabari has palyer option next year 6,5 millions, while we get rid of Harry's 3 million contract :crazy:
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#8 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Feb 6, 2020 7:21 am

Both of the moves were made to clear space to resign Bogi. We'll see what happens. I expect Parker to be useless but he at least has a chance to be a productive player off the bench. It's gonna annoy me to no end when Dedmon inevitably remembers how to shoot as soon as we dump his ass.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#9 » by SactoKingsFan » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:42 am

Getting out of the Dedmon contract is good but should have never been in this situation. Vlade is just cleaning up some of the mess he made.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#10 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:47 pm

Some really hot takes in here. Almost all Kings fans were on board with bringing in Dedmon this summer.
Major upgrade to WCS. Perfect on paper fit with Bagley. 3pt shooter and rim defender.

Hes actually looked good for us lately. I suspect had it not been for Holmes he would have figured it out.

I'm not mad 1 bit at Vlade for taking the chance on Dedmon. It didn't work out how we all hoped and we traded 2 2nd round picks in the 50's. As if those are important assets to us righting this ship...

As Kings fans we have so much to complain about. Hindsight is 20/20, but I supported Vlade making that move this past summer, and I support him cleaning it up on the cheap now.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#11 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:22 pm

jazanetti wrote:Len & Parker were both net negative during whole careers. Both can't spread the floor. They are both unplayable if we're still trying to fight for PO. And we do not get any assets, but give up 2 2nds if we are not in the PO run...
Can anyone explain what is happening? I know that Vlade is probably the worst GM in the league but this trade is not bad or good, it's totally meaningless.
P.S. Jabari has palyer option next year 6,5 millions, while we get rid of Harry's 3 million contract :crazy:

We gave up the Houston 2020 second and the Miami 2021 second, both of those will be in the 50-60 range most likely. We still have a ton of second round picks so using those two to dump Dedmon's deal is definitely not meaningless...
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#12 » by jazanetti » Thu Feb 6, 2020 7:26 pm

codydaze wrote:
jazanetti wrote:Len & Parker were both net negative during whole careers. Both can't spread the floor. They are both unplayable if we're still trying to fight for PO. And we do not get any assets, but give up 2 2nds if we are not in the PO run...

We gave up the Houston 2020 second and the Miami 2021 second, both of those will be in the 50-60 range most likely. We still have a ton of second round picks so using those two to dump Dedmon's deal is definitely not meaningless...

I'm sure, Shlenk will get some assets at summer for Dedmon. Just remember my words)
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,847

Post#13 » by dckingsfan » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:03 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Some really hot takes in here. Almost all Kings fans were on board with bringing in Dedmon this summer.
Major upgrade to WCS. Perfect on paper fit with Bagley. 3pt shooter and rim defender.

Hes actually looked good for us lately. I suspect had it not been for Holmes he would have figured it out.

I'm not mad 1 bit at Vlade for taking the chance on Dedmon. It didn't work out how we all hoped and we traded 2 2nd round picks in the 50's. As if those are important assets to us righting this ship...

As Kings fans we have so much to complain about. Hindsight is 20/20, but I supported Vlade making that move this past summer, and I support him cleaning it up on the cheap now.

Yes, taking a flyer on Dedmon was well worth the try. And he also nabbed Holmes. Having to trade two seconds to get rid of Dedmon stings a bit... but, its fine.

The Ariza acquisition didn't hurt us. The worst part of the off-season was Joseph for two reasons. No Joseph and Bogi, Fox and Hield would have been playing near to all the minutes at guard to start the season with a sprinkle of Ferrell and maybe a few more minutes for Guy or James. That and that untradeable contract.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#14 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:18 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Some really hot takes in here. Almost all Kings fans were on board with bringing in Dedmon this summer.

Yes, taking a flyer on Dedmon was well worth the try. And he also nabbed Holmes. Having to trade two seconds to get rid of Dedmon stings a bit... but, its fine.

The Ariza acquisition didn't hurt us. The worst part of the off-season was Joseph for two reasons. No Joseph and Bogi, Fox and Hield would have been playing near to all the minutes at guard to start the season with a sprinkle of Ferrell and maybe a few more minutes for Guy or James. That and that untradeable contract.

Spot on. I remember being totally cool with Ariza, Dedmon, Barnes, and Holmes. When I saw Joseph get 3/37 (even if last year is TO) I nearly lost it. That contract was bad from the get go. Dude doesn't fit our identity one bit.

I remember watching Memphis sign Jones for 3/26 and Dallas signing Delon to 3/28 thinking I would have rather overpaid either of those guys.

Look at what we are doing with 2nd round picks. Justin James, Kyle Guy, and I don't even know who the hell the 3rd guy we took was. I know we all like Guy, but chances are he never turns into a rotation guy.

We literally have all of our 2nds. 2020 Det 2nd, 2020 Miami 2nd, 2021 memphis 2nd, and the 2 portland 2nds. I'll be beyond excited if 1 of these 2nds turns into an actual rotation player. I've got no problem using the 2 worst ones to move off a guy who doesnt fit.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#15 » by SmellingColors » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:23 pm

I agree completely. Most of the people on this board wanted Dedmon in the off season, but I think most of us are excited about Holmes as our starting C. With that in mind, we likely would have wanted to move on from Dedmon even if he had not played so poorly. I don't think send 2 late second rounders is too bad of a price to get out of a major contract, but that's just me. There are so many other things this FO has done to be upset about. I don't think this is one of them.

Return to Sacramento Kings