ImageImageImage

Welcome Alec Burks and Glenn Robinson III

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,122

Welcome Alec Burks and Glenn Robinson III 

Post#1 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:50 am

Just traded 3 low 2nds for them in a salary dump for GS (no players coming back to them).

Now who goes to make room?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,025

Re: Welcome Alec Burks and Glenn Robinson III 

Post#2 » by eyeatoma » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:54 am

Hmmm I guess that's not bad as we don't give up any players. Do we now go and make another trade with Zhaire/Mike Scott, etc? I hope so. Need another shooter/ball handler now.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#3 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:01 am

eyeatoma wrote:Hmmm I guess that's not bad as we don't give up any players. Do we now go and make another trade with Zhaire/Mike Scott, etc? I hope so. Need another shooter/ball handler now.

We have to either waive 2 players to create roster spots, or do a lopsided trade bringing back 2 less players than we send out (or 1 less then waive 1 player).

Wouldn't be surprised if they package Scott + Smith + Neto or Burke plus more picks to get 1 player back now (Rose?).
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#4 » by the_process » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:01 am

Something else has to be happening, or the Sixers are about to cut KOQ and Neto.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#5 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:02 am

the_process wrote:Something else has to be happening, or the Sixers are about to cut KOQ and Neto.

Actually Ennis may go now. I don't see any PT left for him with Burks and Robinson here.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,798

Post#6 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:04 am

KOQ and Trey most likely to be the odd men out.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#7 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:08 am

Ideally you can get an upgrade at backup PF who can also start as a stretch-4 to move Horford to the bench. Perfect fit would be Davis Bertans for a combo of Scott/Ennis/Smith/Neto/Burke and picks. He'll likely be too expensive though.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#8 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:10 am

Burks or Robinson or Korkmaz needs to replace Horford in the starting lineup asap to provide spacing.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#9 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:10 am

Not the players we need. We already have competent players that plays their positions with ennis and korkmaz.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#10 » by tsmith » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:11 am

76ciology wrote:Not the players we need. We already have competent players that plays their positions with ennis and korkmaz.

Ennis is far from competent if your goal is to win a championship. Not saying GR3 will fix that.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#11 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:11 am

76ciology wrote:Not the players we need. We already have competent players that plays their positions with ennis and korkmaz.

Who do we need?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,025

Post#12 » by eyeatoma » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:15 am

76ciology is borderline trolling at this point, with his about face turn on blaming all our struggles on Embiid, and then now saying that Ennis is a competent player at anything.

He was completely **** on Simmons the entire year, and then this last month has changed his tune.
aHealthy3
Rookie
And1: 301

Post#13 » by aHealthy3 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:18 am

Bolden obviously gone and then who? I feel like it's Trey but it shouldn't be.
Sam Hinkie wrote:The illusion of control is an opiate, though.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#14 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:23 am

Arsenal wrote:

Who do we need?

Some two way PF who can replace Horford in our starting unit when he’s struggling. Somebody like one of the Morris twins.

Anyway, I guess the idea is to have a Korkmaz with better defense with one of Robinson or Burk, to replace Al with the starting unit.

Because guys likes to challenge Kork’s defense while Thybulle is a russian roulette on defense
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#15 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:27 am

76ciology wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Who do we need?

Some two way PF who can replace Horford in our starting unit when he’s struggling. Somebody like one of the Morris twins.

Anyway, I guess the idea is to have a Korkmaz with better defense with one of Robinson or Burk, to replace Al with the starting unit.

Because guys likes to challenge Kork’s defense while Thybulle is a russian roulette on defense

Since when are either of these guys known for their defense? I'm not convinced either is a better defender than Korkmaz is now. However we desperately need the shooting. Any of the 3 would upgrade the starting lineup in place of Horford. Then Al should have no problem feasting on backups, and we can even run the offense through him in the high post along with Ben and 3 shooters.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#16 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:29 am

eyeatoma wrote:76ciology is borderline trolling at this point, with his about face turn on blaming all our struggles on Embiid, and then now saying that Ennis is a competent player at anything.

He was completely **** on Simmons the entire year, and then this last month has changed his tune.

Well yeah, because Ben is playing exactly how I want him to play while Biid has been slacking off on defense. It’s like the weather, it changes. Just because it’s sunny right now doesn’t mean it’s going to be sunny forever.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#17 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:32 am

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Who do we need?

Since when are either of these guys known for their defense? I'm not convinced either is a better defender than Korkmaz is now. However we desperately need the shooting. Any of the 3 would upgrade the starting lineup in place of Horford. Then Al should have no problem feasting on backups, and we can even run the offense through him in the high post along with Ben and 3 shooters.

I think both guys are better than Thybulle on offense then better than Kork on defense.

If you ask me, the FO just doesnt want to put all their eggs with Al. We can’t afford these kinds of slumps in the playoffs. So we want options whenever Al struggles, just as what we’re looking at right now. And if that happens, the alternative is placing one of the two newly acquired wing at his place.

We tried Thybulle, but he’s shooting and defense is very inconsistent. While Kork is better off the bench.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#18 » by Dnt hate » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:41 am

I really like Burks' offensive game off the bench for sixers
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#19 » by Dnt hate » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:44 am

Hopefully one more good move and we wait till the playoffs, I really dont care if they do bad in the regular season I think were going to do much better in the playoffs and all of the east is definitely scared of us, half the forum is trolls cant listen to the bull hate
76ciology
RealGM

Post#20 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 6, 2020 7:11 am

Burks is averaging same number of points with Ben.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers