Danilo Gallinari, Heat Discuss Contract Extension To Help Finalize Three-Team Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Danilo Gallinari, Heat Discuss Contract Extension To Help Finalize Three-Team Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:30 pm

The Miami Heat and Danilo Gallinari are working on a contract extension to help finalize a three-team trade involving the Oklahoma City Thunder and Memphis Grizzlies.

Gallinari is on an expiring contract.

The Heat still want to maintain cap space for 2021.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,818

Re: Danilo Gallinari, Heat Discuss Contract Extension To Help Finalize Three-Team Trade 

Post#2 » by KGdaBom » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:29 pm

What if they do all this and Butler's injury proves to be serious making it all a waste.
We Are Groot
Sophomore
And1: 29

Re: Danilo Gallinari, Heat Discuss Contract Extension To Help Finalize Three-Team Trade 

Post#3 » by We Are Groot » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:53 pm

KGdaBom wrote:What if they do all this and Butler's injury proves to be serious making it all a waste.

16 games ahead of the 9th seed in the east w/30ish games left. if they acquire Galo and Jimmy doesn't play another game, they still make the playoffs maybe even homecourt in the 1st round (the east is that bad). obviously they're not contenders at that point, but i'd hardly call that scenario "a waste."

Galo is expiring, so we hafta see what they give if they end up gettn him. but so far, Justice Winslow and cap space seems like a more than reasonable price for Iggy. i'm expecting a similar extension to be given to Galo
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,818

Post#4 » by KGdaBom » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:20 pm

We Are Groot wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:What if they do all this and Butler's injury proves to be serious making it all a waste.

16 games ahead of the 9th seed in the east w/30ish games left. if they acquire Galo and Jimmy doesn't play another game, they still make the playoffs maybe even homecourt in the 1st round (the east is that bad). obviously they're not contenders at that point, but i'd hardly call that scenario "a waste."

Galo is expiring, so we hafta see what they give if they end up gettn him. but so far, Justice Winslow and cap space seems like a more than reasonable price for Iggy. i'm expecting a similar extension to be given to Galo

I hear they are working on a Gallo extension as part of the deal. As for Iggy, I think he is too old and has had too long of a layoff. I don't expect him to be good.

Return to Wiretap Discussion