Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,665

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#761 » by Diop » Tue Feb 4, 2020 7:18 am

kalenclayton wrote:
Diop wrote:Saw that Charlotte were interested in Bogi and have been trying to figure out what the package might be.

Surely this years first is off the table for Charlotte as they have been tanking nicely.

Can only think of Monk or Miles with one of our vet expirings for Bogi and another.

eg. Monk/Miles and MKG for Bogi and Bjelica
or Monk/Miles and Biz for Bogi and Dedmon.

I originally thought getting out of Dedmon's contract might be entising but it sounds like you have a few options.

Can you either of them being close to possible?

I think your Bogi and Dedmon for Monk and Biz would be close, but I just don’t think a deal is going to happen. I think we are just hearing noise. The Kings FO is delusional and thinks the team can push for the playoffs. Maybe they can and I’m jus being overly pessimistic, but I think they just aren’t there. I don’t think the Kings will make a big move move if any.

That being said if the Kings were to check out this season and Hornets pushed for the PO, would the Hornets do a Barnes and Bogdanovic for Monk, Miles, and Batum trade? Maybe throw in 1st round swap rights for the Kings?

I'd like to think definitely not, but who knows with MJ, he really hates losing.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#762 » by kalenclayton » Tue Feb 4, 2020 7:25 am

Diop wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
Diop wrote:Saw that Charlotte were interested in Bogi and have been trying to figure out what the package might be.

Surely this years first is off the table for Charlotte as they have been tanking nicely.

Can only think of Monk or Miles with one of our vet expirings for Bogi and another.

eg. Monk/Miles and MKG for Bogi and Bjelica
or Monk/Miles and Biz for Bogi and Dedmon.

I originally thought getting out of Dedmon's contract might be entising but it sounds like you have a few options.

Can you either of them being close to possible?

I think your Bogi and Dedmon for Monk and Biz would be close, but I just don’t think a deal is going to happen. I think we are just hearing noise. The Kings FO is delusional and thinks the team can push for the playoffs. Maybe they can and I’m jus being overly pessimistic, but I think they just aren’t there. I don’t think the Kings will make a big move move if any.

That being said if the Kings were to check out this season and Hornets pushed for the PO, would the Hornets do a Barnes and Bogdanovic for Monk, Miles, and Batum trade? Maybe throw in 1st round swap rights for the Kings?

I'd like to think definitely not, but who knows with MJ, he really hates losing.

Do you think the value is there, even if you disagree with the direction? Just curious. I’m with you on the reasoning being flawed, but like you said, MJ hates losing.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,665

Post#763 » by Diop » Tue Feb 4, 2020 7:43 am

kalenclayton wrote:
Diop wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:I think your Bogi and Dedmon for Monk and Biz would be close, but I just don’t think a deal is going to happen. I think we are just hearing noise. The Kings FO is delusional and thinks the team can push for the playoffs. Maybe they can and I’m jus being overly pessimistic, but I think they just aren’t there. I don’t think the Kings will make a big move move if any.

Do you think the value is there, even if you disagree with the direction? Just curious. I’m with you on the reasoning being flawed, but like you said, MJ hates losing.

the value isn't bad, Monk and Miles have been showing glimpses and potential, but still have a little way to go. Bogi would really help Graham who is struggling with all the attention.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#764 » by BoogieTime » Tue Feb 4, 2020 7:17 pm

Members of the Warriors FO were on hand for the Kings/Wolves game, so, never know 8-) (most likely strictly for the Wolves component)
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#765 » by Sacramento_King » Wed Feb 5, 2020 10:37 pm

dozencousins wrote:Another as an example I heard was Thybulle , M.Scott & a 1st rounder for Bogi

If we aren't re-signing Bogi then hit accept and send to NBA office. Thybulle and a 1st is a nice get. Highly doubt Sixers move Thybulle though.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#766 » by bleeds_purple » Wed Feb 5, 2020 11:05 pm

Would you guys offer our pick and Barnes for Dlo?
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#767 » by jeffjtk1234 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 11:17 pm

If we do nothing we are admitting this season is a lost cause (i mean it is) and the future is a lost cause because we cannot pay Bogi what he wants and if we do we still are not good and are a luxury tax team. Have to make a move to deal one of Barnes Bogi or Buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#768 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 6, 2020 12:50 am

I’d personally do Bagley/2020 unprotected/Dedmon/CoJo/ for D Russell. Basically someone will be drafting Melo Ball hoping for Russell production

It’s a guards league. Playmaking young guards with star upside aren’t usually available. It would make the team instantly watchable (maybe that’s my impetus for this). Fox/Russell would be a fun tandem

Then you’d have to move BOgi for a first instead of pay another solid guard huge money..

I don’t expect the Kings FO to listen to me though
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#769 » by jeffjtk1234 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 2:50 am

BoogieTime wrote:I’d personally do Bagley/2020 unprotected/Dedmon/CoJo/ for D Russell. Basically someone will be drafting Melo Ball hoping for Russell production

It’s a guards league. Playmaking young guards with star upside aren’t usually available. It would make the team instantly watchable (maybe that’s my impetus for this). Fox/Russell would be a fun tandem

Then you’d have to move BOgi for a first instead of pay another solid guard huge money..

I don’t expect the Kings FO to listen to me though

That’s too much for Russell. By a fair amount. It’s not close really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#770 » by HEKTOR » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:27 am

Kings trade Dedmon (+ 2 2nd rders) to Atlanta for Jabari Parker + Alex Len
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#771 » by jazanetti » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:48 am

HEKTOR wrote:Kings trade Dedmon (+ 2 2nd rders) to Atlanta for Jabari Parker + Alex Len

:banghead:
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#772 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:59 pm

Any thoughts on Bjelica for Brown/Wilson/Pacers 1st?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#773 » by kalenclayton » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:18 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Any thoughts on Bjelica for Brown/Wilson/Pacers 1st?

I love Beli, but I’d absolutely do this. The Kings need more chances to draft good young talent. This is a start. I do think the Kings need to add something here though. Maybe 2 2nds?

I also think the Bucks should be going for a different position, but maybe I’m not seeing the bigger picture.
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#774 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:21 pm

Any thoughts on Bjelica/Pistons 2020 2nd for Brown/Wilson/Pacers 1st?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#775 » by kalenclayton » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:33 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Any thoughts on Bjelica/Pistons 2020 2nd for Brown/Wilson/Pacers 1st?

Sure. That’s closer in value.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#776 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:51 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:Any thoughts on Bjelica/Pistons 2020 2nd for Brown/Wilson/Pacers 1st?

Get Divincenzo to Sac! Justin James/Bjelica/as many 2nds as the bucks want for Donte/any salary the bucks want to include!
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#777 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:52 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

Get Divincenzo to Sac! Justin James/Bjelica/as many 2nds as the bucks want for Donte/any salary the bucks want to include!

DDV isn't going anywhere
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#778 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:35 pm

Not happy at all. Just our pick this year/BOgi should’ve beat the Wolves package
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#779 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:08 pm

Ham said the Kings were done with the trade deadline, and to add insult to injury waived Mika to make way for the Atlanta deal (not the IMO worse Giles who most likely won’t be here next year).

We need another GM the next day the Kings can make deals
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#780 » by kalenclayton » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:56 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Not happy at all. Just our pick this year/BOgi should’ve beat the Wolves package

Why do you want Russell on the team? He hasn’t proven very much and he’s VERY overpaid. He’s a negative asset who wouldn’t fix anything on this team.

Return to Sacramento Kings