OFFICIAL: DLO TO MINNY

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who wins?

Karl Anthony Towns
17%
Golden State
21%
Minnesota
51%
They both lose
11%

Total votes: 119

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,564

Re: OFFICIAL: DLO TO MINNY 

Post#81 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:41 pm

The productivity gap between Russell and Wiggins next season should be interesting.
mglviks1
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#82 » by mglviks1 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:42 pm

So overly thrilled.

Dump Wiggins for Dlo, Evans and Spellman and didnt lose Atl pick.

Wolves have currently 5th and 15th pick about 20 mil in cap space when the rest of the league has very little this summer. The pick we sent out in 21 may still be a lotto its the west but shouldnt be top 10. Guessing 11-19 seems fair.

So a mid first a 2nd and Wiggins for dlo, Evans and Spellman.
Rosas killed it!

GS fans are must be going nuts rn. They thought at least 2 lotto first.
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,178

Post#83 » by Tukkerwolf » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:43 pm

mandurugo wrote:Warriors got rid of Russell and got two picks. They completely won the trade.
On the other hand according to a lot of users here it would require at least 3 FRP's to unload the untradable Woggins. So actually the Wolves gained a pick as well... :)
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,340

Post#84 » by Kurt Heimlich » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:44 pm

The Minny core of KAT/DLO/Culver/Beasley feels destined for repeat lotto visits.

Warriors getting a likely mid lotto pick for Dlo is a pretty solid haul. I'd rather have Dlo over Wiggins, but I don't think the gap is a top 3 protected pick. Initial reaction is GSW wins here.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#85 » by K_chile22 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:44 pm

I haven't stopped laughing since I saw the tweet
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,828

Post#86 » by psman2 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:44 pm

GS should have taken Cov/Dieng combo if it was offered. Russell has to win the most overvalued award on the board this year.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#87 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:45 pm

If Wolves are smart they will "load management" Russell (nagging injury) and Towns rest of season. Pick and choose the games where they learn to play together.

With that, Beasley and Culver get much more run and see what they got as they tank to a much better 2020 FRP.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Post#88 » by jbk1234 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:45 pm

Kurt Heimlich wrote:The Minny core of KAT/DLO/Culver/Beasley feels destined for repeat lotto visits.

Warriors getting a likely mid lotto pick for Dlo is a pretty solid haul. I'd rather have Dlo over Wiggins, but I don't think the gap is a top 3 protected pick. Initial reaction is GSW wins here.

People are underrating the fact that Towns is friends with DLo IMO.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#89 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:46 pm

NebWolvesFan wrote:Beasley's contract will be similar to Brooks with Memphis. He set the market with his new deal.

It would seem pretty foolish to me to value Beasley who was the Nuggets mediocre 9th/10th man as much as Brooks who is a starter averaging 16pts on 40% 3pt this year.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#90 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:47 pm

As a Warriors’ fan, I’m not happy with this deal as reported. My understanding, we get the Wolves 2021 first round pick, top 3 protected. We unloaded Evans and included Spellman in the deal. We also get a second. Hopefully after this trade, the Warriors are under the lux tax or we will probably lose Looney. I had already came to the reality that Wiggins was going to be part of the trade for days now.

The Hang up all along was an unprotected first in 2021 or 2022, as the Warriors didn’t like this upcoming draft class. I guess the top 3 protected pick in 2021 was enough.

Still hope there is something I missed? I saw one rumor that the Warriors were sending Minnesota a first...which I’m hoping isn’t the case.

I don’t see this deal being any better than waiting until the off season and trading DLo. Seems the Warriors panicked to complete this deal.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,340

Post#91 » by Kurt Heimlich » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:47 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:The Minny core of KAT/DLO/Culver/Beasley feels destined for repeat lotto visits.

In what way? That it will keep KAT placated in Minny? Or that they will improve each others on the court impact in terms of wins?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Post#92 » by jbk1234 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:48 pm

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

In what way? That it will keep KAT placated in Minny? Or that they will improve each others on the court impact in terms of wins?

Perhaps both.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,827

Post#93 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:49 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

Or like me view that as very much of a negative.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
mglviks1
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#94 » by mglviks1 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:49 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
NebWolvesFan wrote:Beasley's contract will be similar to Brooks with Memphis. He set the market with his new deal.

It would seem pretty foolish to me to value Beasley who was the Nuggets mediocre 9th/10th man as much as Brooks who is a starter averaging 16pts on 40% 3pt this year.

That was/is Beasley PER. If given the requisite minutes I see a fair comparison here.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#95 » by BullyKing » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:50 pm

This is awful for Golden State and just a shockingly poor series of moves. But let's not pretend like this is some godsend for Minny either. D'Lo is an upgrade on Wiggins but not enough to make them a contender. And they just traded what was likely one of their best remaining shots at a difference maker.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#96 » by Stillwater » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:51 pm

mglviks1 wrote:So overly thrilled.

Dump Wiggins for Dlo, Evans and Spellman and didnt lose Atl pick.

Wolves have currently 5th and 15th pick about 20 mil in cap space when the rest of the league has very little this summer. The pick we sent out in 21 may still be a lotto its the west but shouldnt be top 10. Guessing 11-19 seems fair.

So a mid first a 2nd and Wiggins for dlo, Evans and Spellman.
Rosas killed it!

GS fans are must be going nuts rn. They thought at least 2 lotto first.

Dlo aint that good man... Wiggins is more than capable of having a breakout career now that he is on a great roster.
the fact that the WOlves didnt have to give their 2020 draft assets though makes it fair.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Nate the Great
Pro Prospect
And1: 380

OFFICIAL: DLO TO MINNY 

Post#97 » by Nate the Great » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:51 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:A ton of crow to be eaten here by many.

Me included, because I would have never thought Wiggins and a FRP would get Russell.

Yeah, I’ll eat crow. I didn’t realize the Warriors were this incredibly stupid. Sorry, you can suggest they trade Curry for expirings now and I won’t say a word.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app

Black Lives Matter
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#98 » by VCfor3 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:51 pm

There is a small chance that the GSW 1st sent to Memphis in order to get Russell is better than the one pick GSW gets from MIN. GSW will also likely end up giving up a 2nd when their first this year doesn't convey. So they ultimately traded Iggy+2024 GSW 1st (top 4 protected)+2025 GSW 2nd for Wiggins+2021 MIN 1st (top 3 protected)+2021 MIN 2nd. Interesting.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#99 » by bondom34 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:53 pm

BullyKing wrote:This is awful for Golden State and just a shockingly poor series of moves. But let's not pretend like this is some godsend for Minny either. D'Lo is an upgrade on Wiggins but not enough to make them a contender. And they just traded what was likely one of their best remaining shots at a difference maker.

Yeah this is a fair take to me. I hate it for GSW and tend to like it for the Wolves, but the pick is a high price to pay.

I really can't believe GSW did this though.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Phobo_Phile
Sixth Man
And1: 357

Post#100 » by Phobo_Phile » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:53 pm

So essentially the Warriors traded their own first in 2024 for Minny's first and second in 2021, while essentially downgrading from Durant/Iguodala to Wiggins. K.

Return to Trades and Transactions