Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,766

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1301 » by Rafael122 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:55 pm

I mean in the TV world, things are 24/7. This was always going to dominate the week, but eventually they were going to talk about something else. As sad as this all is, they're gonna move on. Now that the memorial has been set for 2/24, I'm sure it's going to be the center of the sports world again.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#1302 » by gorz » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:57 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
I hope you grow out of this one day.

When your actual life isn't interesting people create grandiose backdrops to provide excitement. Its why people wear robes and call each other Grand Wizards, shoot up pizza parlors under the guise of helping stop international sex slave rings and to a less dramatic extent espouse insane wokeness online to shame others who don't have the secret, dogmatic woke-cabulary down to pat.

Can you imagine how fun it must be to know all this secret knowledge?

Has nothing to do with stroking own ego just laying the down facts. All of these are well documented.
Our country is founded by freemasons which I know you are fully aware..a secret society organization sworn by oath of secrecy that operate and guided by luciferian principles. They basically run dictate and control how our society is ran. The ppl that are higher up are all strategically placed in all facets of society.. Honestly, they are pretty transparent about it these days bc so what if ppl know what can they even do about it.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Post#1303 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:02 pm

Read on Twitter
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,806

Post#1304 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:35 pm

Has nothing to do with stroking own ego just laying the down facts. All of these are well documented.
Our country is founded by freemasons which I know you are fully aware..a secret society organization sworn by oath of secrecy that operate and guided by luciferian principles. They basically run dictate and control how our society is ran. The ppl that are higher up are all strategically placed in all facets of society.. Honestly, they are pretty transparent about it these days bc so what if ppl know what can they even do about it.

You convinced me. I think the best thing we can do to fight the luciferian stranglehold against this nation is not reproduce. Wanna make a pact to do so right now? Ill get snipped after you.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,115

Post#1305 » by Edrees » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:57 pm

I think it will be hard for any of us to get closure because we didn't see Kobe in real life in the first place. So your brain can't process that he's gone because he was never physically in front of you. It's kind of weird in a way, but now I understand why victims of tragedies really need to recover the bodies to get closure. I still can't process it and I know others can't, and I think it's because it will be impossible for us to feel closure without a lot of time just passing by. Especially with videos of him and photos of him surfacing everywhere, he's as present in our minds as he's ever been.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1306 » by Scott Hall » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:52 pm

Is the Memorial the same thing and different terminology as a funeral?
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#1307 » by CjayC » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:15 pm

I'm thinking this is the city itself honoring Kobe on the 24th? Vanessa could still have a private funeral before then right?
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Post#1308 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:18 pm

Scott Hall wrote:Is the Memorial the same thing and different terminology as a funeral?

I don't think so. Funeral will probably be private.
PrettiNerdi
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#1309 » by PrettiNerdi » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:24 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
LakerLegend wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:
:lol: Yeah true. I don't want to overemphasize it or anything, but it's interesting to compare the 2 in that way since they are both HOF all-around scorers. They were both blessed with great physical tools overall, and both maxed out their physical gifts with their hard work and will to win.

Kobe could palm the ball, he just couldn't do things like waive it around and as easily control/protect it like Jordan etc. because his hands were massive.

Gotcha, he was 6'8" after all. I guess he would have to have proportionally tiny hands if he couldn't palm a basketball. But effectively the difference is the same, Jordan could do so much holding the ball with one hand.

Kobe was a bit over 6'5" in shoes, listed as 6'6". Jordan is the same I believe.
wutevahung
Pro Prospect
And1: 665

Post#1310 » by wutevahung » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:43 pm

gorz wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:
I hope you grow out of this one day.

When your actual life isn't interesting people create grandiose backdrops to provide excitement. Its why people wear robes and call each other Grand Wizards, shoot up pizza parlors under the guise of helping stop international sex slave rings and to a less dramatic extent espouse insane wokeness online to shame others who don't have the secret, dogmatic woke-cabulary down to pat.

Can you imagine how fun it must be to know all this secret knowledge?

Hey, do you know what's on President's Book page 47?
Let me know thanks!
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1311 » by goodboy » Fri Feb 7, 2020 12:55 am

Edrees wrote:I think it will be hard for any of us to get closure because we didn't see Kobe in real life in the first place. So your brain can't process that he's gone because he was never physically in front of you. It's kind of weird in a way, but now I understand why victims of tragedies really need to recover the bodies to get closure. I still can't process it and I know others can't, and I think it's because it will be impossible for us to feel closure without a lot of time just passing by. Especially with videos of him and photos of him surfacing everywhere, he's as present in our minds as he's ever been.

Probably the best post in this thread.
Bright
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Post#1312 » by chrismikayla » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:51 am

I still can't believe Gayle King's hit piece AFTER his passing. That bi..h is lucky to have ridden Oprah's coattails to relevancy. It confirmed my thoughts she is nothing but a hack and is controlled by others.
[gfycat][/gfycat]
LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,986

Post#1313 » by LascelleL » Fri Feb 7, 2020 4:04 am

That Gayle interview and this white feminism that insists on dragging a man so soon after he's gone is classless.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#1314 » by chefy » Fri Feb 7, 2020 6:37 am

Loving all the love and support that’s being showed here.
TaylorTRoom
Pro Prospect
And1: 541

Post#1315 » by TaylorTRoom » Fri Feb 7, 2020 12:42 pm

LascelleL wrote:That Gayle interview and this white feminism that insists on dragging a man so soon after he's gone is classless.

It has been almost two weeks. Kobe Bryant was a real man, with positive and negative traits, positive and negative feats. The circle of unadultered devotion and praise will shrink with time, as it does with all men.

The criticism of Gayle King is unwarranted, the threats by Snoop Dogg much more so. As time passes, attempts to control Bryant’s story will become more and more futile and even foolish. It’s all out there for anyone to read; of course people will try to put it in context. That is how it is for all great figures.

Frankly, Bryant adulists’ time is better spent announcing and expanding on his good feats than on trying to suppress discussion of what happened in Colorado in 2004.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#1316 » by ratul » Fri Feb 7, 2020 1:33 pm

Still thinking about you Kobe!
LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,986

Post#1317 » by LascelleL » Fri Feb 7, 2020 3:02 pm

TaylorTRoom wrote:
LascelleL wrote:That Gayle interview and this white feminism that insists on dragging a man so soon after he's gone is classless.

It has been almost two weeks. Kobe Bryant was a real man, with positive and negative traits, positive and negative feats. The circle of unadultered devotion and praise will shrink with time, as it does with all men.

The criticism of Gayle King is unwarranted, the threats by Snoop Dogg much more so. As time passes, attempts to control Bryant’s story will become more and more futile and even foolish. It’s all out there for anyone to read; of course people will try to put it in context. That is how it is for all great figures.

Frankly, Bryant adulists’ time is better spent announcing and expanding on his good feats than on trying to suppress discussion of what happened in Colorado in 2004.

Kobe died on a Sunday and this subject was being brought up literally on Monday via Twitter when the NYT suspended one of their Journalists for ReTweeting an old article talking about the Rape.

No one is saying sweep it under the rug, but where was all this energy when the man was alive? You know why no one brought it up? Because the Rape happened 20 years ago. We dragged Kobe through the mud for it and he clearly changed into a better person. Ironically someone who became a HUGE advocate for respecting Female Athletes. You had **** 20 years, 2 championships an Emmy etc as all points for you to bring up why we shouldn't celebrate him. While he was here. To defend himself.

Why is it necessary to bring up his dirt That's Public Knowledge and has been for decades. Before he's even put into the ground? You're upset that people are mourning him? Could you be so insensitive to the family and the people impacted by this? Is it really all that important for you to get on a hill and say

"Hey! I know your Sad but **** him! He's an **** for that thing we all know happened. Don't Mourn this guy! He doesn't deserve it"

**** that. and **** the high horse that allows this line of thinking, especially since this man can't defend himself. It's wrong. It's cowardly.
PrettiNerdi
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#1318 » by PrettiNerdi » Fri Feb 7, 2020 3:10 pm

TaylorTRoom wrote:

While the threats toward her are ridiculous, the criticism is not unwarranted. The problem with Gayle is deeper than Kobe, but where she went wrong is trying to press Lisa for an answer that condemns Kobe after Lisa had already given her a well thought out and definitive response in support of him.

Many people's issue with Gayle (and Oprah) is that they target everyone but their friends who are guilty of similar crimes (Harvey Weinstein) or other infamous sex criminals (Epstein). They target a certain demographic because they can largely get away with it.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,306

Post#1319 » by DrCoach » Fri Feb 7, 2020 3:40 pm

TaylorTRoom wrote:

They are 100% Warranted. He was not convicted. It’s not fair to bring up a dead mans past if he can’t defend himself

If he were convicted it would have been fair but in bad taste
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,306

Post#1320 » by DrCoach » Fri Feb 7, 2020 3:41 pm

LascelleL wrote:
TaylorTRoom wrote:

Kobe died on a Sunday and this subject was being brought up literally on Monday via Twitter when the NYT suspended one of their Journalists for ReTweeting an old article talking about the Rape.

No one is saying sweep it under the rug, but where was all this energy when the man was alive? You know why no one brought it up? Because the Rape happened 20 years ago. We dragged Kobe through the mud for it and he clearly changed into a better person. Ironically someone who became a HUGE advocate for respecting Female Athletes. You had **** 20 years, 2 championships an Emmy etc as all points for you to bring up why we shouldn't celebrate him. While he was here. To defend himself.

Why is it necessary to bring up his dirt That's Public Knowledge and has been for decades. Before he's even put into the ground? You're upset that people are mourning him? Could you be so insensitive to the family and the people impacted by this? Is it really all that important for you to get on a hill and say

"Hey! I know your Sad but **** him! He's an **** for that thing we all know happened. Don't Mourn this guy! He doesn't deserve it"

**** that. and **** the high horse that allows this line of thinking, especially since this man can't defend himself. It's wrong. It's cowardly.

What Rape? He was found innocent

Return to The General Board