Karl-Anthony Towns: D'Angelo Russell Will Be Incentive For Me To Stay With Wolves

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Karl-Anthony Towns: D'Angelo Russell Will Be Incentive For Me To Stay With Wolves 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 7, 2020 3:48 pm

Karl-Anthony Towns has had a frustrating season, but the acquisition of D'Angelo Russell by the Minnesota Timberwolves is a clear highlight for him.

“I’d be lying if I told you I thought it was possible,” Towns told The Athletic on Thursday. “I’m shocked like everybody else. We’ve been putting it into the universe since Day 1. We’ve never been shy about saying it in the media or interviews or wherever it may be. If you want something to happen, you have to keep believing and keep saying it to the universe and repeating it and one day the universe will hear it and give you your wish.”

The future of Towns with the Wolves has been the subject of speculation given their struggles. Towns can't become a free agent until 2024.

“I think with D-Lo here, it’s always going to be a big incentive for me to want to stay,” Towns said. “D-Lo is a big part of everything the vision is. D-Lo always knows he’s going to be wanted because his brother is here with him and he always knows he’s going to have his back covered because I’m always going to be there for him.”

Via Jon Krawczynski/The Athletic

We Are Groot
Sophomore
And1: 29

Re: Karl-Anthony Towns: D'Angelo Russell Will Be Incentive For Me To Stay With Wolves 

Post#2 » by We Are Groot » Fri Feb 7, 2020 5:33 pm

he always knows he’s going to have his back covered because I’m always going to be there for him.

except on defense
babyshaq3
Sophomore
And1: 148

Re: Karl-Anthony Towns: D'Angelo Russell Will Be Incentive For Me To Stay With Wolves 

Post#3 » by babyshaq3 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 5:53 pm

I guess signing a big contract is not enough incentive.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#4 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 5:58 pm

Funny....Doesn't DLo's contract expire first? KAT's last year he will demand a trade.

And as far as staying with the Wolves, he's here for 4 more years no matter what.

What if DLo tapes you talking about smashing hoes?
jojo152433
Senior
And1: 199

Post#5 » by jojo152433 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 7:38 pm

What's strange about KAT's comment is that Russell isn't really that much better than Wiggins. At least not enough to really move the needle. Don't see how this would change anything.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,890

Post#6 » by ItsDanger » Fri Feb 7, 2020 7:46 pm

Confirms that the deal was 100% done for KAT. Both of these guys are terrible defenders and defense wins games. The rest of this roster is really bad.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
yuckwheat
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#7 » by yuckwheat » Fri Feb 7, 2020 7:51 pm

I predict a broken friendship and lots of losses.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#8 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Feb 7, 2020 8:12 pm

jojo152433 wrote:What's strange about KAT's comment is that Russell isn't really that much better than Wiggins. At least not enough to really move the needle. Don't see how this would change anything.

is wiggins his brother tho?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#9 » by Killboard » Fri Feb 7, 2020 9:52 pm

jojo152433 wrote:What's strange about KAT's comment is that Russell isn't really that much better than Wiggins. At least not enough to really move the needle. Don't see how this would change anything.

He is in some areas: P&R, passing and outside shooting. Every one of them will unlock KAT to the next level.
SparksAC
Junior
And1: 349

Post#10 » by SparksAC » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:13 am

Its chemistry. Theyre friends so they will be happier playing alongside each other and be more willing to pass to each other.

Return to Wiretap Discussion