ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings management

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Kings management 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:42 pm

While scouring the boards yesterday I read a pretty interesting theory. When the change of ownership came for the Rockets, Pringles didn't get anextension they could see the writing on the wall. The owner didn't support Morey with China, hes not willing to pay the tax, essentially handcuffing Moreys abilities. Trading all of their future picks, moving Capela, its all just for one last run before they leave.

Vlade has shown that hes willing to do what is right for the team. We may not agree with all of his decisions, but I don't think hes afraid to bring in people to help him out.

I would like Vlade to target Morey as president of basketball operations. Vlade can stay on as the GM, but we all know that Morey would be making the decisions. Vlade is invested into seeing this Kings team succeed more than any of us, hes just probably not the best fit for the job. This allows him to stay on without having to be the one pulling the strings.

Id much rather see this happen then an outright firing. Thoughts?
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Re: Kings management 

Post#2 » by jeffjtk1234 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 10:50 pm

Yes please to Morey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#3 » by kalenclayton » Wed Feb 5, 2020 11:37 pm

Absolutely... but why would Morey want to come here?

Edit. This organization hasn’t shown anything to prove that it’s stable. Why would someone pass on other better opportunities to go to Sacramento? (I’m absolutely assuming he will have many better offers and situations to choose from)
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by kalenclayton » Wed Feb 5, 2020 11:47 pm

Ouch
Read on Twitter
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#5 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:03 pm

Semantics but Vlade should be the President (if anything) and he should hire a GM to make the decisions. Vlade should basically be playing the role of owner (since ours is incompetent) in doing the final sign off on things and/or providing his input but he should not be the one doing the strategic planning.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#6 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:41 pm

kalenclayton wrote:Ouch
Read on Twitter

I'm of the opinion that he did this because he knew his time with Houston is coming to an end. Might as well swing for the fences and try something insane.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Interesting post on the GB regarding Rox owner. Morey as GM??? 

Post#7 » by OGSactownballer » Sat Feb 8, 2020 4:50 am

If you get a chance to read the post about Tillman Fertita the Rox owner in the GB.

It is entirely possible that he drives out Morey. I would do anything needed to get Morey here as GM.

Merging this topic here. -codydaze
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Re: Interesting post on the GB regarding Rox owner. Morey as GM??? 

Post#8 » by OGSactownballer » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:41 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:If you get a chance to read the post about Tillman Fertita the Rox owner in the GB.

It is entirely possible that he drives out Morey. I would do anything needed to get Morey here as GM.

Merging this topic here. -codydaze

Thanks man!

It’s really an interesting insight on a lot of things that go on “behind the scenes” that we really don’t see because it’s also a big picture situation.

Makes you think also and remember how similar stuff went down with the Magoofs when they lost their ass.
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#9 » by daswunderboy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Morey also bridged the McGrady/Ming (Ming done 2008/9) era to the Harden era (Harden joined 12/13) without ever having a losing season.

Facts are Morey is really good at his job. Vlade...is not.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by kalenclayton » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:55 pm

daswunderboy wrote:
Read on Twitter

Morey also bridged the McGrady/Ming (Ming done 2008/9) era to the Harden era (Harden joined 12/13) without ever having a losing season.

Facts are Morey is really good at his job. Vlade...is not.

I just posted the tweet because it looks kinda bad. It’s really just a blemish on a really fantastic resume. Morey is a G!

Return to Sacramento Kings