ImageImageImageImage

Summer Trades...never too early

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#1 » by Skybox » Sun Feb 9, 2020 12:15 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7287074

Orl sends Vuc, lotto protected 2021 pick
GSW sends Wiggins

Orl sends Gordon, Birch
PHO sends Oubre, Baynes

GSW is cooking up Wiggins’ psyche for us (like Westbrook did for Vic). Old school Vuc completes them, several ring-chasing vets will fill out their bench. GSW needs inside scoring more than another wing. ORL gets rock-solid vet Baynes to hold it down while Bamba gets serious. ORL picks up reclamation project Dragan Bender, who clicks as a floor-spreading defensive rebounding, outlet passing stretch 4/5 to present interesting matchups alongside Bamba and/or Isaac. I wouldn’t mind Bringing back DJ on a sensible deal or a similar younger guy from outside.

Gordon gets his fresh start out West and Birch adds some muscle, hustle and pick-setting off the bench. Oubre brings ORL some fire and offensive firepower. Suddenly, boring ORL is volatile, unstable, potentially explosive offensively...but not boring. Evan and Ross bring instant offensive pressure off the bench (if Evan opts in, signs reasonable deal, or isn’t moved). Evan becomes sixth-man of the year candidate spotting up and bombing. Okeke projects to be versatile-plugged in wherever fits best.

Optimally, Evan could also opt-in or sign and be moved in a bigger deal with AG, Bamba, picks if a true Alpha lead guard like Beal (say Wall never really gets it back) presents. This summer would likely be the last time I’d make a substantial offer for CJ to be our Harden PG. I would include Fultz for either if needed...he will soon go from untapped feel-good story to “about to get paid and still not a sure thing”.

Baynes, Bamba
Isaac, Bender, Clark
Oubre, Ross, Okeke
Wiggins, Evan, Ennis
Fultz, MCW
Skybox
RealGM

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#2 » by Skybox » Sun Feb 9, 2020 12:31 pm

Skybox wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7287074

GSW sends Wiggins

Orl sends Gordon, Birch
PHO sends Oubre, Baynes

GSW is cooking up Wiggins’ psyche for us (like Westbrook did for Vic). Old school Vuc completes them, several ring-chasing vets will fill out their bench. GSW needs inside scoring more than another wing. ORL gets rock-solid vet Baynes to hold it down while Bamba gets serious. ORL picks up reclamation project Dragan Bender, who clicks as a floor-spreading defensive rebounding, outlet passing stretch 4/5 to present interesting matchups alongside Bamba and/or Isaac. I wouldn’t mind Bringing back DJ on a sensible deal or a similar younger guy from outside.

Gordon gets his fresh start out West and Birch adds some muscle, hustle and pick-setting off the bench. Oubre brings ORL some fire and offensive firepower. Suddenly, boring ORL is volatile, unstable, potentially explosive offensively...but not boring. Evan and Ross bring instant offensive pressure off the bench (if Evan opts in, signs reasonable deal, or isn’t moved). Evan becomes sixth-man of the year candidate spotting up and bombing. Okeke projects to be versatile-plugged in wherever fits best.

Optimally, Evan could also opt-in or sign and be moved in a bigger deal with AG, Bamba, picks if a true Alpha lead guard like Beal (say Wall never really gets it back) presents. This summer would likely be the last time I’d make a substantial offer for CJ to be our Harden PG. I would include Fultz for either if needed...he will soon go from untapped feel-good story to “about to get paid and still not a sure thing”.

Baynes, Bamba
Isaac, Bender, Clark
Oubre, Ross, Okeke
Wiggins, Evan, Ennis
Fultz, MCW

I forgot Aminu, who I don’t think is the scrub he was before he got hurt. His signing only makes sense to me if trading AG was the ultimate goal...I think they tried but didn’t get enough of an offer to justify heading into these (meaningless to us but not the bosses) playoffs with Clark andBirch at PF. I can’t imagine AG sticks thru the summer.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#3 » by Skybox » Sun Feb 9, 2020 12:34 pm

I still think AG and/or Evan could fit nicely with BRK as they go all-in for contention next season with KD. That’s another team that has no time to waste with developing guys or even keeping guys that don’t fit the roles needed.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Post#4 » by Ducklett » Sun Feb 9, 2020 12:57 pm

Why would we add a 1st to Vuc for Wiggins? lol?!
Skybox
RealGM

Post#5 » by Skybox » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:06 pm

Ducklett wrote:Why would we add a 1st to Vuc for Wiggins? lol?!

Lol? I guess you disagree with the assessment of Vuc value around the league generally seen here...also, I expect GSW to make Wiggins look great...I’d love to not add it...I’d also love to keep Vuc and give them AG but I don’t think they would
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#6 » by zaymon » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:28 pm

Skybox wrote:

Lol? I guess you disagree with the assessment of Vuc value around the league generally seen here...also, I expect GSW to make Wiggins look great...I’d love to not add it...I’d also love to keep Vuc and give them AG but I don’t think they would

GSW is smart, they are building players value (even while losing) and then they deal them. I think even a horse would look great next to Curry and Klay, Wiggins value should go up. But we know how Wiggins looks on worse teams, i would trade nothing for him.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,901

Post#7 » by drsd » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:10 pm

I cannot respond to this thread until I know if Fournier opted in or opted out of his final year. The consequences of either act on all other things.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#8 » by Furinkazan » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:28 pm

ah yeah from one dream to the next dream....people last deadline > we gonna make major moves in the summer for sure>summer pass with us resigning our golden turds>dont worry we gonna make moves by the deadline>deadline pass we do nothing>dont worry we gonna make major moves in the summer>copy paste>copy paste....
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#9 » by j-ragg » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:29 pm

Furinkazan wrote:ah yeah from one dream to next dream....people last deadline > we gonna make major moves in the summer for sure>summer pass with us resigning our golden turds>dont worry we gonna make moves by the deadline>deadline pass we do nothing>dont worry we gonna make major moves in the summer>copy paste>copy paste....

Every off-season we think change is coming... list of trades is usually just us selling off our 2nd rounders at the draft.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#10 » by Max Power » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:13 pm

I hope for big changes this summer, to see Weltman and Hammond take a big swing at trying to finally get us a star player. Obvious goal one is to get Evan Fournier off this roster. With him and Augustine and Gordon moved, this team would finally have a different look. No problems with Augustine though, I actually have liked him being with us. Maybe overpaid just a bit but he was Jameer Nelson lite, I’d be ok if he stayed another year but we probably should roll with younger 1’s at this point.

I’d like to keep Vuc but if letting him go Nets is a legit go to guy I’ll live. I’d personally like to see Vuc with said star player. I think he’s earned the right to be here when the tide turns. Big issues are Evan and AG. If we can move them for some offense this summer, I’ll be happy with that.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#11 » by tiderulz » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:24 pm

zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:

GSW is smart, they are building players value (even while losing) and then they deal them. I think even a horse would look great next to Curry and Klay, Wiggins value should go up. But we know how Wiggins looks on worse teams, i would trade nothing for him.

they didnt build Russell's value. that was a bad trade for them.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#12 » by Skybox » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:35 pm

If I’m really having to predict what they’re doing...I’d guess they quietly listened to AG offers and (perhaps wisely?) passed. I’m sure they recognize the limitations of the roster as presently constructed but they’re not idiots or on vacation. I would guess they’ll give AG enough room to shine right through a first round sweep and, hopefully, raise his trade value for the summer. If they dumped him for prospects or picks and we fell completely apart (with Birch at PF :o ) they’d look awful bad to most of the fan base and press and their bosses. They work for a multimillion dollar corporation, not in their parents basement playing GM. I don’t expect them to think anything like me
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by zaymon » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:39 pm

tiderulz wrote:
zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:

I think they still gained more than they spent.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#14 » by tiderulz » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:18 pm

zaymon wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
zaymon wrote:GSW is smart, they are building players value (even while losing) and then they deal them. I think even a horse would look great next to Curry and Klay, Wiggins value should go up. But we know how Wiggins looks on worse teams, i would trade nothing for him.

I think they still gained more than they spent.

It would take a least 1 pick if not more for a team to take on Wiggins. They got Wiggins, a first and a second. for Russell and some spare change. not sure who won that trade with Russells big deal.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,045

Post#15 » by The Real Dalic » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:44 pm

We're not trading Vuc. He's on a newly signed contract. It wouldn't be until the after next for him to be traded. Unless we really suck next year. Also, the Warriors seem to have plans for Wiggins and like his fit with the Warriors. I actually agree with them on that.

I could see us trading AG, but not in the summer. I think people are about to be disappointed when they see us just make our pick then roll it back again with the same team until the deadline.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
darthmerrick
Starter
And1: 329

Post#16 » by darthmerrick » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:56 am

At the end of the season we will be at Year 3 of the Weham era and look to have taken a significant step back, but do have some hope with Issac and Fultz. They are our only two untouchables.

Packaging Fournier on draft night is critical. If we wait, we lose him for nothing if he opts out and if he is opts in his value will be much lower at the trade deadline. This front office had a 1st rounder for Elf Payton on draft night their first draft, but held on to him and later dumped him for a 2nd rounder. Gordon's value has also fallen.

Going back to draft night, we are going to have to see if we can get what we can for Fournier, maybe we can package the expiring of Augustin and our 1st rounder or Chuma. Would he opt in and go to Spurs if we went for Derozan? Can we swing for the fences and package him for Mccollum or Beal(I think less then 5% chance this happens)? We need a #1 option and we don't have cap room. So the best bet is to go big via trade and land a Derozan, or Mccollum.

Vucevic is one of the best big men out there, but doesn't have as much trade value as we once were hopeful for. I see ownership sticking with him unless a big offer comes along and it just won't happen. So after Fournier we have Gordon and Bamba as the next two and I think we have to do it. I don't think Weham trades Gordon unfortunately.

My prediction for summer time is we will make two trades swinging for the fence for a Fournier and DeRozan swap (both guys get extensions). Magic cut salary by swapping Ross for Powell.
Magic: Bamba, Fournier, Augustin, Chuma to Spurs
We get: Derozan, Poetl (Don't extend QO), Spurs 1st rounder

2nd Trade:
Magic trade Ross to Raptors
Magic receive Norman Powell, Future 2nd round pick

We draft: Zeke Naji and then trade the Spurs pick for a future 1st rounder, we draft Tre Jones in the 2nd round.
We resign Wesley Iwundu and Carter-williams and let Poetl and Frazier go and our big signing will be Nicholas Batum with the MLE.

Magic team
PG Markelle Fultz, Carter-Williams, (Draft: Tre Jones),
SG Demar Derozan, Norman Powell, Iwundu
SF Aaron Gordon, Nicholas Batum, James Ennis
PF John Issac, Al Aminu, (Draft: Zeke Naji with Spurs pick)
C Nik Vucevic, Khem Birch

Might not be exact players, but I expect similar like moves.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,287

Post#17 » by Knightro » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:26 am

First order of business is do whatever it takes to convince Evan Fournier he should opt out of his contract and then let him walk.

If he refuses, trade him immediately for any expiring contract.

I would heavily shop Vucevic as well, but I don't think that's going to happen.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#18 » by cedric76 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:16 am

Skybox wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7287074

GSW sends Wiggins

Orl sends Gordon, Birch
PHO sends Oubre, Baynes

Baynes, Bamba
Isaac, Bender, Clark
Oubre, Ross, Okeke
Wiggins, Evan, Ennis
Fultz, MCW

Yukkk. Let's give up a 1st to get wiggins lovely contract lol
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,254

Post#19 » by pepe1991 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:06 am

Evan is untradable until he picks player's option because he is "dead "salary .
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by zaymon » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:09 am

AG + 2020 frp for Caris Levert

AG + 2020 frp for James Johnson + Jarrett Culver

AG+ Ross for Derozan + White

Yes you got me i dont like Gordon on this team. One thing i blame FO is that they didnt trade Gordon last offseason. He had some value after promising playoffs, and we have enough data to confirm he is average player at best. Now i dont know how much value we can extract. We will have Isaac, Okeke, Aminu and Gordon, teams will try to low ball us, unless they really thing Gordon is a sf.

Return to Orlando Magic