Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two

Moderators: PockyCandy, Prez, ken6199, bwgood77, Dirk, Domejandro, jamaalstar21, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus

User avatar
GSP
General Manager
Posts: 9,931
And1: 3,720
Joined: Dec 12, 2011
     

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1341 » by GSP » Sat Feb 8, 2020 8:45 am

They found traces of semen from that girl from multiple men within days of the encounter lol... People that knew her at the time didn't believe her and IIRC there was one friend who said she was obsessed with meeting Eminem to have sex with him too. Just seems like a psycho chick all around. And the prosecutors themselves are the ones who dropped the case as she didn't testify as they and she knew she was full of ****. It's pathetic and disgusting how much of a story this has been getting by non basketball fans when the man hasn't even been buried or paid whatever passing tribute the family has
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 14,138
And1: 14,190
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1342 » by zimpy27 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 10:53 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:Kobe was a huge advocate for woman and woman sports yet these demons in the media want to bring up the rape case ? Man, it’s so unfortunate how all of Kobe’s hard work to fix his image doesn’t matter after he’s gone. These demons in the media are some of the worst.


I think it's a completely unfortunate message.

Essentially there is nothing you can do to redeem yourself. That's more damaging than anything
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
User avatar
Sgt Major
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,846
And1: 3,122
Joined: Nov 09, 2018
 

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1343 » by Sgt Major » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:35 am

From Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/evtov3/because_of_the_recent_flooding_of_kobes_rape/



"Because of the recent flooding of Kobe's rape trial, I decided to do the actual research.

Misinformed people are bringing up Kobe's rape trial to condemn him. I decided to actually do the research.

There's a myth that Kobe's defense team leaked the name of Kobe's accuser.

This is not true. Kobe's lawyers were allowed, by the judge, to bring up Faber's name. The Court and the Eagle County Justice Center's staff accidentally leaked the name.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/judge-dont-call-kobe-bryant-accuser-victim

Prosecutor dismissed a witness, without telling the defense, simply because he contradicted their evidence.

The sexual assault expert claimed jaw injury and vagina trauma are very much possible in consensual sex. Why is this so important? Prosecutor's entire case was predicated on the neck injury and vaginal trauma. Weirdly enough, this is never mentioned among news sites attacking Bryant.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2004/09/03/authorities-defend-handling-kobe-case.html

The accuser had sex hours after her encounter with Kobe Bryant.

However, before you guys try to use the "Sexual assault victims can be very unpredictable" card, (Which is somewhat valid) before this evidence was revealed, the accuser and the prosecutor's stances differed strongly from this. To exemplify, prosecutor tries to fight this evidence by saying she had sex BEFORE the encounter, but the forensic expert was very doubtful. If she had sex before the Kobe incident, there would be some DNA found on Kobe's clothing; Nothing was found

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/04/us/papers-reveal-new-details-in-kobe-bryant-rape-case.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/big-win-for-kobe-defense/

Before the actual trial took place, including the civil court, the accuser bragged about the money she was going to get from Kobe. .

You know what's worse? 3 days before Kobe was charged, she was seen by more than 5 people bragging about her encounter with Kobe.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/kobe-accuser-bragged-partygoer-happy-article-1.512242 http://www.foxnews.com/story/2004/11/06/docs-kobe-accuser-discussed-award-money.html

Her ex-friend reveals the accuser had celebrity addiction for a long time. She tried to do the same thing to Eminem. She also wanted to testify:

http://www.contactmusic.com/kobe-bryant/news/ex.pal-reveals-kobe.s-accuser-plotted-to-lure-eminem-into-bed

She was seen leaving the hotel without any noticeable discomfort:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kobe-records-released/

She had a history of mental illness that was dangerous to herself and her peer:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.showbiz.gossip/n2cprdAFQJE

(This evidence would not be accepted in today's court but was registered in 2004)

The prosecutor lacked evidence. Not only evidence, they were badly losing against Kobe's defense team:

"This ruling will make it much, much tougher for prosecutors to convict Bryant of sexual assualt,'' says legal analyst Cohen. "The physical evidence against him never was that strong to begin with and now this evidence is likely to tilt the 'he said, she said' battle squarely in Bryant's favor."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/big-win-for-kobe-defense/

The accuser lied and changed her story multiple times.

I am okay with giving accusers the benefit of the doubt, but this was alarming. Because there was a witness who saw her without any visible discomfort (This is my assumption), she claimed she was forced to wash her face and settle down before leaving Kobe's room. What's even worse? she was given a chance to correct herself months after the initial statement; she continued the lie. She didn't admit to her mistake for a whole year.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/kobe-accuser-mixups-admits-lies-claim-article-1.548757

Finally, the settlement. People actually use this as Kobe's confession.

Kobe was strongly advised by his own defense team AND other prosecution to settle this case. Why? He could risk losing everything, and it does not help that he's a black man. If he didn't settle, it would take years for this case to conclude; his wife also had a miscarriage during this time. When you settle a case, it's a compromise with you and the defendant; you don't think the accuser wanted Kobe to say those things?

To substantiate this, the accuser asked for "unspecified amount of money, as well as public vindication.". She got both in the settlement. The accuser is the one who wanted this comment.

As a user from this thread pointed out:

Its what the lawyers, from both sides, agreed to make Kobe sign to end it; it has nothing to do with Kobe's actual feelings or the reality of the case.

This is a settlement.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2004-09-28/news/0409290017_1_accuser-lin-wood-kobe-bryant

Look, by all accounts, this was a false accusation. I will never say I am 100% certain, but I am sure enough that he did not rape this woman.

It's really funny how the media changed narratives to fit their agendas. I have never seen them bring up how much the prosecution was insanely unethical to Kobe AND many of his witnesses. The prosecutor, Lin Wood, is also a horrific person.

This is a re-post of a post that was on here from around the time he won the oscar and **** were bringing up the rape charges again. I saved this to my PC so whenever it came around it could be posted again. So please save this post and re-post anywhere people are trying to accuse him of being a rapist".
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
Gooner
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,583
And1: 4,247
Joined: Sep 02, 2018
   

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1344 » by Gooner » Sat Feb 8, 2020 12:17 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
JulesWinnfield wrote:I dont pretend to know what happened in that room, only two people really know the truth... but some facts

- he was not found “innocent” or “not guilty”, thats just blatantly false
- he paid out a hefty settlement to avoid a trial coupled with public comments saying that he believed the encounter was consensual but he understands now that she did not feel the same way. Part of the settlement was that he not only paid out money but was made to make those public comments giving some validity to her position. I remember the press conference like it was yesterday and it was one of the most bizarre sports moments ive ever seen. It was far from a full fledged pronouncement of innocence

Snoop is an idiot. Afrer this stunt any mainstream appeal he gained is gone forever. Ending it with the bill cosby stuff was just icing on the cake


here is another fact:

The young woman accusing Kobe Bryant of rape bragged about the alleged assault at a party last week - and gave a graphic description of the NBA star's anatomy, partygoers said. Steve Evancho told NBC News that he was surprised when the 19-year-old woman showed up at his house party on July 15 - three days before prosecutors slapped Bryant with sex assault charges. "She was bragging about the whole thing," Evancho said, adding that the woman seemed "happy. She was having fun.


https://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/kobe-accuser-bragged-partygoer-happy-article-1.512242


I lived through it and remember all of it. I tend to have doubts about the accuser myself based on info like this and other stuff, but putting those pieces together to say unequivocally that she made this all up isnt fair either, and also goes against a lot of research that shows the wildly unpredictable ways abuse victims can act after a traumatic incident

What we know is Kobe paid a hefty settlement to avoid a trial because he and his lawyers believed it was a risk to take it there. There was at least enough evidence beyond he said /she said that they didnt want to chance it. In addition he held a wildly uncomfortable and awkward press conference making statements that added at least some validity to her position

Anyone who has a strong opinion on his guilt or innocence is kidding themselves. We will never really know. But settlements and pressers like the one he held werent a great look


Then why are you bringing it up at this moment? What's the purpose of it?
DarthTeufel
Junior
Posts: 324
And1: 505
Joined: Mar 31, 2017

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1345 » by DarthTeufel » Sat Feb 8, 2020 12:31 pm

I am of the opinion that Kobe did not rape that girl. However he still cheated on his wife/family and it is safe to say that at that point in his life he was a POS character(not that the majority of these professional basketball players arn't). But it is telling that nearly all of his teammates/coaches hated him for the first half of his career. It wasn't until he became one of the older players in the league that the hate turned more into respect and then when Kobe tore his ACL becoming basketbal irrelevant he pretty much abandoned that "Mamba mentality" alltogether and it was a jerk circle of his "overall career" at that point.
The4thHorseman
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,753
And1: 2,837
Joined: Jun 18, 2011

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1346 » by The4thHorseman » Sat Feb 8, 2020 4:56 pm

Read on Twitter


Here's an article Clay wrote 5yrs ago about the subject. Stating Kobe lied many times to the cops when first questioned.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/kobe-bryant-s-rape-case-reexamined-041116/
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 40,728
And1: 47,185
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1347 » by clyde21 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 5:43 pm

The4thHorseman wrote:
Read on Twitter


Here's an article Clay wrote 5yrs ago about the subject. Stating Kobe lied many times to the cops when first questioned.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/kobe-bryant-s-rape-case-reexamined-041116/


so did she
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
User avatar
Pennebaker
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,121
And1: 3,199
Joined: Nov 02, 2013

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1348 » by Pennebaker » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:08 pm

clyde21 wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:
Read on Twitter


Here's an article Clay wrote 5yrs ago about the subject. Stating Kobe lied many times to the cops when first questioned.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/kobe-bryant-s-rape-case-reexamined-041116/


so did she


She wasnt being accused of a crime. Kobe only admitted that he had sex with her after they told him they had physical evidence so the lying is pointless. Then he said okay he did have sex with her BUT it was totally consensual. Still lying.
Image
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 40,728
And1: 47,185
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1349 » by clyde21 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:12 pm

Pennebaker wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:
Read on Twitter


Here's an article Clay wrote 5yrs ago about the subject. Stating Kobe lied many times to the cops when first questioned.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/kobe-bryant-s-rape-case-reexamined-041116/


so did she


She wasnt being accused of a crime. Kobe only admitted that he had sex with her after they told him they had physical evidence so the lying is pointless. Then he said okay he did have sex with her BUT it was totally consensual. Still lying.


yea, because he didn't want to admit to cheating on his wife, not because he's raging rapist. this woman lied multiple times to the cops, changed her story multiple times, bragged about having sex with Kobe, had sex with the like 3 either dudes within the same week, and a few months before she was in a mental hospital

let's not act like this chick was all there either.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
User avatar
Pennebaker
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,121
And1: 3,199
Joined: Nov 02, 2013

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1350 » by Pennebaker » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:27 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
so did she


She wasnt being accused of a crime. Kobe only admitted that he had sex with her after they told him they had physical evidence so the lying is pointless. Then he said okay he did have sex with her BUT it was totally consensual. Still lying.


yea, because he didn't want to admit to cheating on his wife, not because he's raging rapist. this woman lied multiple times to the cops, changed her story multiple times, bragged about having sex with Kobe, had sex with the like 3 either dudes within the same week, and a few months before she was in a mental hospital

let's not act like this chick was all there either.


There was nothing wrong with the girl. Kobe's defense team despicably painted a picture of her as a crazy slut. Slut shaming a rape victim would not be allowed in 2020 as it would be considered unethical. Bragging, having sex with other guys, changing her story because she was afraid the police wasnt going to take her seriously does not change the fact that she was raped, and it is not inconsistent with how rape victims try to navigate their situation.

As we now know through studies and experience, rape victims often respond to it with behavior that is intended in their minds to re-take control of their body and re-take control of the situation i.e. bragging and more sex - but it's all a futile attempt to disguise the shame and pain.

Her family was rich, she didnt need money. She never wanted attention. She only wanted justice.

Kobe admitted and agreed that the girl thought she was being raped while he was strangling her ("strangle" is Kobe's own word to describe what he did) and he apologized and said he did not question her motives.
Image
ratul
Head Coach
Posts: 6,574
And1: 3,029
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Location: Toronto/London
     

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1351 » by ratul » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:36 pm

Rip Kobe and Gigi
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 40,728
And1: 47,185
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1352 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 12:15 am

Pennebaker wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:
She wasnt being accused of a crime. Kobe only admitted that he had sex with her after they told him they had physical evidence so the lying is pointless. Then he said okay he did have sex with her BUT it was totally consensual. Still lying.


yea, because he didn't want to admit to cheating on his wife, not because he's raging rapist. this woman lied multiple times to the cops, changed her story multiple times, bragged about having sex with Kobe, had sex with the like 3 either dudes within the same week, and a few months before she was in a mental hospital

let's not act like this chick was all there either.


There was nothing wrong with the girl. Kobe's defense team despicably painted a picture of her as a crazy slut. Slut shaming a rape victim would not be allowed in 2020 as it would be considered unethical. Bragging, having sex with other guys, changing her story because she was afraid the police wasnt going to take her seriously does not change the fact that she was raped, and it is not inconsistent with how rape victims try to navigate their situation.

As we now know through studies and experience, rape victims often respond to it with behavior that is intended in their minds to re-take control of their body and re-take control of the situation i.e. bragging and more sex - but it's all a futile attempt to disguise the shame and pain.

Her family was rich, she didnt need money. She never wanted attention. She only wanted justice.

Kobe admitted and agreed that the girl thought she was being raped while he was strangling her ("strangle" is Kobe's own word to describe what he did) and he apologized and said he did not question her motives.


it's not slum shaming anyone, it's called a fact that pertains to the case, and it will be used when you accuse someone of something as heinous as rape.

1. she was having sex seemingly with anyone that walks that walk, she had sex immediately after and before the Kobe incident. in fact, there were traces of multiple men -- NOT KOBE -- on her in the rape kit.

2. she literally bragged about having sex with Kobe 3 days before charges were filed against him. if you are "traumatized" and "want justice", you don't go to a **** party 3 days before BRAGGING about the incident literally talking about his dick like it's nothing.

3. not only did she brag about having sex with Kobe, she was also caught bragging about the amount of money she was gonna get from him in a settlement

4. she lied to the cops multiple times on multiple occassions

5. she was mentally unstable accordingly to multiple people, threatening to harm herself and other people, and was in a mental hospital just a few months before the incident

now all of this doesn't mean nothing happened, but it raises enough doubt in her story that it's very possible that she was just BSing. we'll never know, that's the point, and to continuously bring up this nonsense 15 years later even after his tragic death is disgusting on multiple levels.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
Posts: 8,035
And1: 3,181
Joined: Apr 08, 2011

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1353 » by Sprewell4Three » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:56 am

Kobe’s case was almost 17 yrs ago, why do humans insist on bringing up negativity once someone dies? I swear, I hope the worst for those that are trying to tarnish Kobe’s image before he’s even being buried.
TaylorTRoom
Senior
Posts: 587
And1: 426
Joined: Apr 30, 2018
         

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1354 » by TaylorTRoom » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:47 am

People want to show decent respect before he’s buried. It’s not their fault that it is taking so freaking long to bury him! He is scheduled for February 24...over four weeks after he died, when most people get this done in four days.

Then he’ll be buried, and critics won’t be told any more to “wait until he’s buried, at least”, and we can stop pretending that a guy was some kind of super dad because he went to all his daughter’s game and supported her teams and leagues, when that’s basically what most dads do, because that’s basically the funnest part of being a Dad.
TurinTurambar
Sophomore
Posts: 237
And1: 288
Joined: Feb 07, 2019
   

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1355 » by TurinTurambar » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:53 am

TaylorTRoom wrote:People want to show decent respect before he’s buried. It’s not their fault that it is taking so freaking long to bury him! He is scheduled for February 24...over four weeks after he died, when most people get this done in four days.

Then he’ll be buried, and critics won’t be told any more to “wait until he’s buried, at least”, and we can stop pretending that a guy was some kind of super dad because he went to all his daughter’s game and supported her teams and leagues, when that’s basically what most dads do, because that’s basically the funnest part of being a Dad.


Posters like you and Pennebaker don't need to click on this thread or engage with anything Kobe related here. I think that would be best for all parties involved. I know I would definitely appreciate it.
"Greatness wasn't worth anything if you couldn't share it" - Kobe Bryant
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,889
And1: 2,843
Joined: Jan 04, 2005
Location: Chicago
 

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1356 » by pwrshft99 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 5:51 am

When the, eh 'victim' cashed her check and agreed to move on....so should everyone else considering it has nothing to do with them personally.
Fire GarPax<--- 10+ years later

#sadbullsfan
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 40,728
And1: 47,185
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1357 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 8:09 am

TaylorTRoom wrote:People want to show decent respect before he’s buried. It’s not their fault that it is taking so freaking long to bury him! He is scheduled for February 24...over four weeks after he died, when most people get this done in four days.

Then he’ll be buried, and critics won’t be told any more to “wait until he’s buried, at least”, and we can stop pretending that a guy was some kind of super dad because he went to all his daughter’s game and supported her teams and leagues, when that’s basically what most dads do, because that’s basically the funnest part of being a Dad.


why do you feel the need to talk about a case that was settled out of court 15 years ago?
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
hoosierdaddy34
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,612
And1: 1,060
Joined: Dec 05, 2016
 

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1358 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 6:06 pm

Pennebaker wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:
She wasnt being accused of a crime. Kobe only admitted that he had sex with her after they told him they had physical evidence so the lying is pointless. Then he said okay he did have sex with her BUT it was totally consensual. Still lying.


yea, because he didn't want to admit to cheating on his wife, not because he's raging rapist. this woman lied multiple times to the cops, changed her story multiple times, bragged about having sex with Kobe, had sex with the like 3 either dudes within the same week, and a few months before she was in a mental hospital

let's not act like this chick was all there either.


There was nothing wrong with the girl. Kobe's defense team despicably painted a picture of her as a crazy slut. Slut shaming a rape victim would not be allowed in 2020 as it would be considered unethical. Bragging, having sex with other guys, changing her story because she was afraid the police wasnt going to take her seriously does not change the fact that she was raped, and it is not inconsistent with how rape victims try to navigate their situation.

As we now know through studies and experience, rape victims often respond to it with behavior that is intended in their minds to re-take control of their body and re-take control of the situation i.e. bragging and more sex - but it's all a futile attempt to disguise the shame and pain.

Her family was rich, she didnt need money. She never wanted attention. She only wanted justice.

Kobe admitted and agreed that the girl thought she was being raped while he was strangling her ("strangle" is Kobe's own word to describe what he did) and he apologized and said he did not question her motives.


1. He said directly in the statement “I believed it to be consensual”. People that point to the rest of that statement as “proof” are grasping at straws because they do not like Kobe. Your just trying to slant something to fit your flimsy narrative. That statement was just negotiated crap between the lawyers to bring an end to things and Kobe agreed because obviously he was ready to return to normalcy in his life.

2. She didn’t need money but quickly took the 2.5 million. No arguments from her there.

3. There was issues including two sets of semen in the rape kit. Which creates a massive question mark on its own.

4. The text message records were obviously a huge problem for her because they moved to dismiss the criminal case and focus on the civil case after the defense got their hands on them.

5. There was also the friend who at the time said the accuser had plotted a plan with Eminem a few months earlier. Maybe this was a person seeking attention...maybe she was telling the truth.

Nobody really knows what happened in that hotel room. Women are forced to be quiet about Rape I agree, but rich people are also targets for a pay off quite a bit. No doubt Kobe was stupid as a 24 year old putting himself in that situation. You can put words like “slut shaming” or whatever but the guy has a right to aggressively pursue the truth if he feels he is innocent. Once you take away a persons right to defend themselves, then a court of law becomes meaningless.

Most importantly the question marks of that night do not invalidate all the good he did in the world. How he was very supportive of women’s athletics. The outpouring of things he did for hospital patients and those less fortunate that have come out since his death that he did outside of the public’s view. The time and energy he spent as a parent...that stuff connected obviously with millions and millions of people. This stuff did happen, and it’s why people get so pissed and emotional when they see a person so obviously trying to slant the narrative to cut down his legacy.

You can obviously continue on with your slant but you will get backlash, a lot of it. And you will convert very few people to your point of view on the man. His legend is pretty immortal at this point.
djsunyc
RealGM
Posts: 62,408
And1: 36,760
Joined: Dec 28, 2003

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1359 » by djsunyc » Sun Feb 9, 2020 6:28 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:Kobe’s case was almost 17 yrs ago, why do humans insist on bringing up negativity once someone dies? I swear, I hope the worst for those that are trying to tarnish Kobe’s image before he’s even being buried.


he is being lauded as a hero and a great human being. if you've been or know people who've been sexually assaulted, seeing someone put on a pedestal has got to bring up some tough emotions. there is no need to laud this man either then, right? one could easily ask why are we celebrating this man like he saved people's lives or changed the world in any meaningful significant way?
hoosierdaddy34
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,612
And1: 1,060
Joined: Dec 05, 2016
 

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1360 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 6:35 pm

djsunyc wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:Kobe’s case was almost 17 yrs ago, why do humans insist on bringing up negativity once someone dies? I swear, I hope the worst for those that are trying to tarnish Kobe’s image before he’s even being buried.


he is being lauded as a hero and a great human being. if you've been or know people who've been sexually assaulted, seeing someone put on a pedestal has got to bring up some tough emotions. there is no need to laud this man either then, right? one could easily ask why are we celebrating this man like he saved people's lives or changed the world in any meaningful significant way?


Following sports is all about making strong individual connections with players and teams. The root of your question is very much “why do we follow sports at all”...this seems a very weird forum to ask why we have such strong sports connections.

Return to The General Board