The Malik Beasley Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,137

The Malik Beasley Thread 

Post#1 » by Calinks » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:06 am

I really think getting him was a big move. I was already pretty excited about the team again before the Russell deal because of Beasley, this system may be a great fit for him. This thread is to learn and talk about Mr. Beasley.

Read on Twitter

;t=3s

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Re: The Malik Beasley Thread 

Post#2 » by K4P » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:18 am

My guy Malik winning on and off the court
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#3 » by theGreatRC » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:30 am

I fully believe he and DLO will be one of the top 3 shooting back courts in the NBA after Steph/Klay and Dame/CJ
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,932

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:18 am

I totally thought that the tweet was John Mayer. :lol:

I think Beasley is going great, but he's going to ultimately be best used in a OKC Harden/Lou Williams super sixth man role just to balance the lineup.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#5 » by TheProdigy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:27 am

This dude definitely deserves his own thread. I have a feeling he's going to be part of our core for a long time.

On a side note, check out Malik Beasley's stats in college and then compare them to the guys in this year's draft. If he were coming out this year, would he be a top 5 pick?
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#6 » by King Malta » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:52 am

Absolutely pointless fact; when I played expansion draft franchises on NBA 2K18, I always drafted an unprotected Malik Beasley, has such a smooth shot. :lol:

I reckon he could potentially end up being the best piece that we picked up during this flurry. He's a good shooter, can contribute on the defensive end and seems to have a real chip on his shoulder.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#7 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:57 am

Man this cat is just different. Still can't totally get the "not a star" out of my mind, but maybe that's exactly what this team needs! Someone who knows he's not one so he's committed to putting in the work every day.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,137

Post#8 » by Calinks » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:12 am

Klomp wrote:Man this cat is just different. Still can't totally get the "not a star" out of my mind, but maybe that's exactly what this team needs! Someone who knows he's not one so he's committed to putting in the work every day.

I think what we are seeing is that "dog" about him. Those guys are rare, it's kind of an irrational confidence or drive. When a player has it you notice it right away,they want to be great, or at least aspire to it.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,137

Post#9 » by _AIJ_ » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:15 am

He is so much better than his stats are showing. So glad we have him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Loyal[]Wolf
Bench Warmer
And1: 455

Post#10 » by Loyal[]Wolf » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:20 am

DLO & Towns is the new Marbury & KG. DLO, Beasley and Towns is the new Sam, Spre and KG?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:08 am

Nuggets fan here, Beasley is a very nice player, looking forward to seeing what he'll become with consistent mins. His biggest issue in Denver (IMO) was his consistency...and that he just signed with Klutch, could be a big problem for you guy.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:36 am

Honest question.....what separates Beasley from say Buddy Hield?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:54 am

Can he be to D'Angelo Russell what CJ McCollum is to Damian Lillard? Is that the level of tandem we're talking about here?

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,932

Post#14 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:58 am

Klomp wrote:Honest question.....what separates Beasley from say Buddy Hield?

I'd say Beasley has more defensive potential. Beasley also hasn't had nearly the opportunity which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. He also has the tools to be a more complete player (but not necessarily better).
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:30 am

I think I just realized who he reminds me of......he's the basketball equivalent of Stefon Diggs.

TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#16 » by TheDominator273 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:25 am

Welcome Sir Threesley, Knight of the North
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#17 » by Dewey » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:58 am

First, I like the Beasley/Hernangomez/Vanderbilt additions for the Houston pick ... we just need one of these guys to stick and be a reliable starter to justify the deal - that appears to be a safe bet.

Anyway, he looked fine alongside McMuffin, so I would assume he’ll be fine alongside DLo ... give him these next 30 games and see what he’s about in terms of ups and downs statistically, and competitively..
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#18 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:57 pm

I'm a big fan of Beasley. He seems to be a player that needs consistent minutes to show his value. Last year he had more consistent minutes and his offense was fine. Our coach tends to not play young players much and the typical excuse was his defense. He is obviously athletic and in his minutes this year, he showed more defensive effort. As much as I hate to cheer for anything Twolves :lol: , I'll be cheering for Beasley and I believe you're going to like him.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#19 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:57 pm

Klomp wrote:Honest question.....what separates Beasley from say Buddy Hield?

I am sure after watching him you understand more what the difference between those two are, but if not than there are some big differences.

Beasley is much more athletic and has better handles. Beasley is not a guy who is every going to have great handles but when things are going right he can create for himself when needed.

Because of the athleticism and the willingness to put in effort Beasley is a better defender and better rebounder than Hield will likely ever be, and Beasley has room to improve.

Beasley wants to compete, he wants to prove he is better than everybody I never got that from Hield.

Now the 1 place they are similar in that they both can shoot, and when you add the shooting into the other things than Beasley has a higher ceiling than I think any of you Twolves fans understand. There is a reason so many Nuggets fans are showing up on your board, we are all hoping we are wrong and that you guys did not just get 2 starters one of whom has all star potential.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,008

Post#20 » by shrink » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Btw, I just wanted to say Thank You to the Nuggets fans who took the time to come over here and share their expertise on Beasley.

I’ve found these posts to be very enlightening and valuable, so thanks!
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves