Paul George Says 'There Was Some Home-Court Cooking' Following Clippers Loss In Philadelphia

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Paul George Says 'There Was Some Home-Court Cooking' Following Clippers Loss In Philadelphia 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:29 am

Paul George insinuated that the Los Angeles Clippers were on the wrong end of several calls following their 110-103 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers in Philadelphia.

"There was some home-court cooking tonight, to say the least," said George after the game. 

George pointed to the disparity in foul calls between the two sides. Four Clippers starters combined for 14 fouls alone. 

"I mean, it was 19 to 11. You all figure out what those numbers are. It was 19 to 11," said George.

George did add that the game was played at a higher intensity due to the stakes.

"It's a feel-out. They could be a team that gets hot and make it to the Finals and we could be a team that gets hot and makes it to the Finals. Definitely going to be two teams that are feeling each other out."

Via Ohm Youngmisuk/ESPN

Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Re: Paul George Says 'There Was Some Home-Court Cooking' Following Clippers Loss In Philadelphia 

Post#2 » by Elnegron » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:41 am

This guy is a freaking loser. Always crying about the ref. Whether he in indiana, Oklahoma or LA. Cmon man stop blaming the refs
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Re: Paul George Says 'There Was Some Home-Court Cooking' Following Clippers Loss In Philadelphia 

Post#3 » by Par36 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:17 am

Elnegron wrote:This guy is a freaking loser. Always crying about the ref. Whether he in indiana, Oklahoma or LA. Cmon man stop blaming the refs

The guy shot 3/12 and crying about the refs?

Ah my ..
eureca20
Junior
And1: 81

Post#4 » by eureca20 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:15 am

Paul's just salty that they called a foul on one of the 1000 push offs he does a game. The guy could foul out after a quarter if they called them. They aren't even smooth. They are so obvious.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,171

Post#5 » by brutalitops » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:18 pm

Ref aint making you only hit 25% of your shots.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#6 » by God Squad » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:28 pm

eureca20 wrote:Paul's just salty that they called a foul on one of the 1000 push offs he does a game. The guy could foul out after a quarter if they called them. They aren't even smooth. They are so obvious.

Brah I thought I was the only one that noticed this.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#7 » by Perishable517 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:12 pm

Elnegron wrote:This guy is a freaking loser. Always crying about the ref. Whether he in indiana, Oklahoma or LA. Cmon man stop blaming the refs

This.
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#8 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:15 pm

What a loser! Always a bridesmaid!
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#9 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:17 pm

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:What a loser! Always a bridesmaid!

True...and maybe the nba wants to give philly a boost too.

Could be that both are true... and that both teams have salty losers, but one had to win.

Oh well, congrats philly, all those tank years just paid off with a questionable win against a far superior team.

Bounced out in the second round again?

You betcha!
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#10 » by hyberx » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:24 pm

Move over, PG, you aren't see nothing yet. 2016 Final game 7, Cavs vs Warriors, it was 25 FT to 13 in a game that was decided by a few points at the last minute to hand Cleveland their first trophy by the Chosen one. LOL. So wait until you have to beat LeBron at a game 7. :roll:
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,713

Post#11 » by phillynative » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:08 pm

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:

Could be that both are true... and that both teams have salty losers, but one had to win.

Oh well, congrats philly, all those tank years just paid off with a questionable win against a far superior team.

You betcha!

Tell them why you really mad?
I know why PG is...
He got locked up by the smaller jrich than tried to get bailed out by the refs when he realized get couldnt open lol.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 140

Post#12 » by haste10176 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:54 am

hyberx wrote:Move over, PG, you aren't see nothing yet. 2016 Final game 7, Cavs vs Warriors, it was 25 FT to 13 in a game that was decided by a few points at the last minute to hand Cleveland their first trophy by the Chosen one. LOL. So wait until you have to beat LeBron at a game 7. :roll:

In both these cases there seems to be a clear theme.. 76ers had more inside shots and bigs getting hacked by shorter guys and Clippers more threes which they shot at 45% btw.. When Cavs played GSW is it any suprise they get more FT's when you have Curry and Klay being outside shooters and Lebron a clear driver to the basket.. Stop be silly.. And btw Warriors did not score for the last 5 minutes of the 4th qtr it was not decided by the refs it was decided by GSW missing every single shot in the last 5 minutes and Steph Curry a careless behind the back pass.. 76ers clearly out muscled the Clippers in this game and once again showed Clippers have no real rim protection...
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 140

Post#13 » by haste10176 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:59 am

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:

You betcha!

If you watched the game it was clear that 76ers would be a biggg problem for the clippers if they played in the post season as they out muscled them and it clearly showed Clippers have no rim protection.. They shot 45% from 3 point land and Kawhi had a good game and they still lost.. So I would not be 100% sure Clippers wont be out in the second round.. Especially as we have seen PG13 fall apart at times as the second guy in the post season.. And I think PG13 is good but he has had injuries and he has let players get in his head and this team has barely played its full team and once again no rim protection.. I would not be surprised if Clippers get bounced in the second round player away to Denver..

Return to Wiretap Discussion