And1: 5,172

Future Draft Classes (Prospects) II 

Post#1 » by Marcus » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 pm

first thread
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1313801&start=2000

carry on folks
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
crows2
Senior
And1: 553

Re: Future Draft Classes (Prospects) II 

Post#2 » by crows2 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:18 pm

To continue to the discussion about which 2021 guys would be in contention for pick 1 this year, obviously some of those already mentioned will be exposed in college just as some of the top prospects have this year.

I’ll be surprised if players such as Clarke, Todd and Ziaire Williams are as highly regarded after a year of college, and Springer should be nowhere near that discussion at the moment.

But the draft is certainly stacked with guys who would figure at the top of this draft - Cunningham and Green would certainly be pick 1 ahead of anyone from this year, as would Kuminga if he reclassified, and Mobley likely would too. Boston, Johnson, Suggs, Garuba, Brown and maybe Barnes and Badji would all contend with the players from this year’s draft who are currently mocked inside the top 3-5.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#3 » by Marcus » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:23 pm

crows2 wrote:To continue to the discussion about which 2021 guys would be in contention for pick 1 this year, obviously some of those already mentioned will be exposed in college just as some of the top prospects have this year.

it's bound to happen. Its always does just interested to see who that is and if it completely changes their translation to the league.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
crows2
Senior

Post#4 » by crows2 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Marcus wrote:
crows2 wrote:To continue to the discussion about which 2021 guys would be in contention for pick 1 this year, obviously some of those already mentioned will be exposed in college just as some of the top prospects have this year.

it's bound to happen. Its always does just interested to see who that is and if it completely changes their translation to the league.

Sorry, prematurely posted. Have finished my thoughts above now!
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Marcus » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:30 pm

crows2 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

why low on Clarke?
Watch More Basketball

crows2
Senior

Post#6 » by crows2 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Marcus wrote:
crows2 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

why low on Clarke?

Not necessarily low on him (compared to someone like Williams who I don’t rate), but I just don’t think he’s at the level of those other guys. I think he’ll look inferior when compared to Boston on the same team next year and his stock will take a hit as a result.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by Marcus » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:40 pm

crows2 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
crows2 wrote:

why low on Clarke?

Not necessarily low on him (compared to someone like Williams who I don’t rate), but I just don’t think he’s at the level of those other guys. I think he’ll look inferior when compared to Boston on the same team next year and his stock will take a hit as a result.

fair enough. i'm high on Clarke so i'll be tuned in to see how that whole thing shakes out. I'm not banking on him looking great at UK but i don't think he's gonna fail at translatable skills.
Watch More Basketball

crows2
Senior

Post#8 » by crows2 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:54 pm

Marcus wrote:
crows2 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
why low on Clarke?

fair enough. i'm high on Clarke so i'll be tuned in to see how that whole thing shakes out. I'm not banking on him looking great at UK but i don't think he's gonna fail at translatable skills.

I agree, he could definitely translate well to the NBA. My point was more that I don’t think his stock will be as high after a season of college. I may be wrong though. And to be honest, I don’t know if I rate him any lower than I rate Edwards this year.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Marcus » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:04 pm

crows2 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
crows2 wrote:

I agree, he could definitely translate well to the NBA. My point was more that I don’t think his stock will be as high after a season of college. I may be wrong though. And to be honest, I don’t know if I rate him any lower than I rate Edwards this year.

i get what you're saying. We're likely in the same boat. I don't expect him to stay high in terms of stock once the draft comes around. I'm fairly certain there will be plenty of moving and shaking up and down the board this time next year. I'm just personally high on him and think he'll make a really good pro. I'm the same way with Scottie Barnes who might not get much burn or exposure at FSU next year but i personally feel can be a Draymond type glue guy in the league.
Watch More Basketball

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#10 » by clyde21 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:19 pm

I’ll be surprised if players such as Clarke, Todd and Ziaire Williams are as highly regarded after a year of college, and Springer should be nowhere near that discussion at the moment.

But the draft is certainly stacked with guys who would figure at the top of this draft - Cunningham and Green would certainly be pick 1 ahead of anyone from this year, as would Kuminga if he reclassified, and Mobley likely would too. Boston, Johnson, Suggs, Garuba, Brown and maybe Barnes and Badji would all contend with the players from this year’s draft who are currently mocked inside the top 3-5.

still not sold on Clarke/Springer like you

but Todd is a stud, Ziaire is good just needs to develop his body more.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by Marcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:48 pm

clyde21 wrote:

Not sold on his college game or his NBA translation?
Watch More Basketball

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#12 » by clyde21 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:52 pm

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

just need to see more from him in terms of nuance and skill, feel like his rankings have been overrated a bit because he's a highlight machine but there isn't a lot of depth to his game at this point i feel like
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by Marcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:55 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

just need to see more from him in terms of nuance and skill, feel like his rankings have been overrated a bit because he's a highlight machine but there isn't a lot of depth to his game at this point i feel like

I can respect that. i'm curious on his use under Cal for sure and i'm not sure if that will be good or bad but i'm hopeful that he showcases just good basketball with the occassional spurts of his natural talent shining through. I'm thinking when it's said and done after a year there he has a hiding in plain sight type of season like Drip and Book had.
Watch More Basketball

EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#14 » by EMG518 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:30 pm

I just randomly came across this kid but is there anyone whom has seen him, he reminds me of Curry from his highlights. Matthew Strazel.
Sea2003
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#15 » by Sea2003 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:54 am

Do you guys think Kuminga will actually reclassify?
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,447

Post#16 » by damedash09 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:41 am

Emoni bates 63 points and 21 rebounds in double OT
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by Marcus » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:40 am

damedash09 wrote:Emoni bates 63 points and 21 rebounds in double OT

Decent
Watch More Basketball

coutournant
Junior
And1: 75

Post#18 » by coutournant » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:24 pm

EMG518 wrote:I just randomly came across this kid but is there anyone whom has seen him, he reminds me of Curry from his highlights. Matthew Strazel.

He's a very good french PG, quick and fearless, great shooter and very good defender. But he is a bit short around 6'0 feet tall. I don't think he's an NBA prospect for american scouts due to his height.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#19 » by King Ken » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:39 pm

Emoni Bates is bigger and taller than KD was as a Soph. Bates looks a lot longer than a 6'9 wingspan. He's going to be special
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#20 » by No-Man » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:41 pm

King Ken wrote:Emoni Bates is bigger and taller than KD was as a Soph. Bates looks a lot longer than a 6'9 wingspan. He's going to be special

He really doesn't

Return to NBA Draft