Sixers Fans: Goosfraba (it's gonna be ok)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: Sixers Fans: Goosfraba (it's gonna be ok) 

Post#21 » by bondom34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:54 am

fianchetto wrote:
bondom34 wrote:The road woes still worry me some, but if Brown keeps the Embiid/Horford minutes reduced I'd feel better.

Ultimately matchups will be big for the top 6 in the east, just like the west.

I do actually kind of think Harris is underrated now though, he's been important IMO.

If you ignore that contract and look at him as a role player yes but with that contract, he’s not underrated

You really shouldn't look at contract if you're rating his ability, and IMO he's been possibly their 3rd most important player. Advanced numbers are great for him this year.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#22 » by Bayside » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:58 am

Goosfraba +1
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#23 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:59 am

dautjazz wrote:I just get a kick out of the Sixers tanking for like 5 years to be a 1st or 2nd round exit in the East, and have had a worse record each of the last 3 years. Has Embiid really improved all that much since his rookie year? His PER36 stats and advanced stats don't really make it seem so, and he turns 26 next month, so he's entering his prime soon. Don't get me wrong, he's very talented, but I don't see him really as a leader. Simmons is a little similar, came out of the gates strong, but his offensive game hasn't really progressed a whole lot. I just don't see this as a strong 1-2 punch, and to me a guard needs to help space the floor, not hurt spacing.

2 second round exits in the first 2 seasons of trying to be good. We were never gonna jump from high lottery to Larry O’Brien without a transition period, and here we are. Good enough to beat anybody like we were last year. I’m not buying your spin.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,784

Post#24 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:02 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
dautjazz wrote:I just get a kick out of the Sixers tanking for like 5 years to be a 1st or 2nd round exit in the East, and have had a worse record each of the last 3 years. Has Embiid really improved all that much since his rookie year? His PER36 stats and advanced stats don't really make it seem so, and he turns 26 next month, so he's entering his prime soon. Don't get me wrong, he's very talented, but I don't see him really as a leader. Simmons is a little similar, came out of the gates strong, but his offensive game hasn't really progressed a whole lot. I just don't see this as a strong 1-2 punch, and to me a guard needs to help space the floor, not hurt spacing.

2 second round exits in the first 2 seasons of trying to be good. We were never gonna jump from high lottery to Larry O’Brien without a transition period, and here we are. Good enough to beat anybody like we were last year. I’m not buying your spin.

only *checks the standings* 6 games out of 2nd seed now! the 76ers got this
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,169

Post#25 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:05 am

Been publicly saying it since they got Horford and Richardson: the Sixers are, in my opinion, the favs to make it out of the East.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:08 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

Ah yes, Bucks fans are a great resource when it comes to RS standings :wink: Don’t lose that energy come playoff time

fianchetto
Starter
And1: 2,997

Post#27 » by fianchetto » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:09 am

bondom34 wrote:
fianchetto wrote:
bondom34 wrote:The road woes still worry me some, but if Brown keeps the Embiid/Horford minutes reduced I'd feel better.

Ultimately matchups will be big for the top 6 in the east, just like the west.

I do actually kind of think Harris is underrated now though, he's been important IMO.

If you ignore that contract and look at him as a role player yes but with that contract, he’s not underrated

You really shouldn't look at contract if you're rating his ability, and IMO he's been possibly their 3rd most important player. Advanced numbers are great for him this year.

I agree to an extent but also disagree to an extent. If you ignore contract you have no baseline in your rating. You can't judge someone like Lebron James the same way you judge someone like PJ Tucker. One way to control for tiers of player like that is to discuss their value instead of their performance. For example performance (e.g. out of 10) divided by salary.

Both great players, but if lebron james is a 10, PJ tucker say 7. Clearly tucker is better in terms of value. Of course this is completely imperfect but its a bit more objective.
“If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?”
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#28 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:10 am

fianchetto wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
fianchetto wrote:

I agree to an extent but also disagree to an extent. If you ignore contract you have no baseline in your rating. You can't judge someone like Lebron James the same way you judge someone like PJ Tucker. One way to control for tiers of player like that is to discuss their value instead of their performance. For example performance (e.g. out of 10) divided by salary.

Both great players, but if lebron james is a 10, PJ tucker say 7. Clearly tucker is better in terms of value. Of course this is completely imperfect but its a bit more objective.

fianchetto
Starter

Post#29 » by fianchetto » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:11 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:
fianchetto wrote:
bondom34 wrote:You really shouldn't look at contract if you're rating his ability, and IMO he's been possibly their 3rd most important player. Advanced numbers are great for him this year.

lol I know it sounds crazy but it's not. I'm just talking pure contract value not pragmatically

Edit: just to be clear, I'm saying the way tucker is playing and how much he's getting paid, that contract is a no-brainer. Whereas paying nearly 40 mil per year for anyone is never a no-brainer
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by bondom34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:11 am

fianchetto wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
fianchetto wrote:

I agree to an extent but also disagree to an extent. If you ignore contract you have no baseline in your rating. You can't judge someone like Lebron James the same way you judge someone like PJ Tucker. One way to control for tiers of player like that is to discuss their value instead of their skill. For example performance (e.g. out of 10) divided by salary.

But thats rating value on a contract, not player value on court. CP3 is still an awesome player, irrespective of contract. Harris is very good. Robert Covington is very good, him being cheaper isn't important to his on court play.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
fianchetto
Starter

Post#31 » by fianchetto » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 am

bondom34 wrote:
fianchetto wrote:
bondom34 wrote:You really shouldn't look at contract if you're rating his ability, and IMO he's been possibly their 3rd most important player. Advanced numbers are great for him this year.

I agree to an extent but also disagree to an extent. If you ignore contract you have no baseline in your rating. You can't judge someone like Lebron James the same way you judge someone like PJ Tucker. One way to control for tiers of player like that is to discuss their value instead of their skill. For example performance (e.g. out of 10) divided by salary.

But thats rating value on a contract, not player value on court. CP3 is still an awesome player, irrespective of contract. Harris is very good. Robert Covington is very good, him being cheaper isn't important to his on court play.

You're right, it's a matter of perspective.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by bondom34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:17 am

fianchetto wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
fianchetto wrote:

You're right, it's a matter of perspective.

Yeah if it were like a trade value or trade forum discussion, he's overpaid. But on court I think people look at the contract a bit much. I'm usually a trade forum guy so get what you're saying too, I'm just talking about something different I think.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#33 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:22 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

Ah yes, Bucks fans are a great resource when it comes to RS standings :wink: Don’t lose that energy come playoff time

Ah yes, 76ers fans are a great resource of misplaced superiority. :wink: Don't lose that energy when you get bounced in a road series
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:34 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Ah yes, 76ers fans are a great resource of misplaced superiority. :wink: Don't lose that energy when you get bounced in a road series

You mistake equality with superiority. We don’t bow to the Bucks but don’t worry, you don’t have to bow either. Respect is earned on the battle field.

GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#35 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:39 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

You mistake equality with superiority. We don’t bow to the Bucks but don’t worry, you don’t have to bow either. Respect is earned on the battle field.

surely the 76ers are not equal to the Heat, the Pacers, or the Nets right now?

there are levels to this, and unfortunately the 76ers are on level 5
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:59 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

That tier doesn't exist because the Heat/Pacers are significantly better than the Nets.

But yes, there are levels to this. Levels that incorporate more information than RS performance. The RS didn't stop the Raps from backdoor sweeping the Bucks after edging out the Sixers on a Game 7 buzzer beater.

PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#37 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:21 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

See, you lost any credibility you might have had with that post. If you seriously think that the Sixers aren’t at the very least at the level of those teams you mentioned, I seriously don’t know what to tell you.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,227

Post#38 » by BadWolf » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:25 am

Sixers could go either way IMO, get their **** together and go to the finals or drop our in furst round with Embiid crying to the media again. Very unpredictable team.

Also, did they close Sixers board?
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#39 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:43 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

The Sixers would slap the Pacers and Nets. Heat, Celtics and Raptors is a toss up. We most likely get waxed by the Bucks though so it's a moot point.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,813

Post#40 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:46 am

Sixers are trading Embiid to the Celtics for Poirier. Don't say I didn't warn you George!

Return to The General Board