ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#801 » by wco81 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:02 am

Maybe KAT if the Wolves have another poor season?
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,744

Post#802 » by azwfan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:47 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Aside from Giannis or Anthony Davis...who could the Warriors acquire in a trade if they moved the core of DLO and top 5 pick? Any thoughts?

Feels like that should be worth an awful lot (if the pick is closer to 1 than 5), but teams don't just move star players cause they're getting good value. There needs to be someone available.

Still want Wiseman, but I'm ok with trading down if we're getting a lot of value. Our depth is crappy. Of the guys playing games so far this season, how many do we really think can help us in a title run next year?

Green, Russell, Paschall, Burks, and maybe Spellman in spot minutes? Add those to the 3 primaries that are injured and we got 8 useful players. Spellman being more of an end of the rotation big, I think he's useful as a 10th or 11th man. So even with the find of Paschall, we're still missing some key players (like a big minutes rotation guy and depth). Additionally, Burks is a FA and is injured quite a bit anyways.

From what i've seen...
Poole is going to be a project - throw him on the end of the bench.
Evans has proven nothing. He's gotta show something when he comes back cause he's on the verge of being behind Poole.
Chriss shows some stuff every now and then, but i don't want him playing minutes in the playoffs. Probably not on the team next year.
Lee not on the team next year.
I like Bowman as a development PG, but there's no place for him if Curry, Russell, and Evans all have guaranteed contracts.
GR3 - he's okay as our #2 or #3 SF depending on how strong the other wings are.
WCS - hopefully gone next year... or sooner.

Who I haven't seen:
Smiley even if he looks good is likely a young project big man and should not be seriously counted on as a cog in a playoff run.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#803 » by cdubbz » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:55 pm

I really like Edwards personality for this team as well as his game obviously. Wouldn’t mind him or Cole right now.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#804 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:53 pm

I was thinking about how excited I'd be to have Joakim Noah on the Mavericks, then I thought he'd fit well with the Warriors if they were healthy.

So I decided to come post this thought in y'alls forum.

If Joakim Noah sits out the year Golden State could add Joakim and Iguodala both with "fresh" (and old) legs.

Joakim is an excellent passer just like Bogut was and takes up a lot of space inside. If he has anything left his skill set would fit in well with y'all. I'm picturing a reserve role maybe 15 minutes a game 40-50 games a year.

The rotation could be:
Looney/Green/Noah
Green/Pascall/Chriss
Thompson/Iggy/Poole
Russell/Thompson/Poole
Curry/Russell/Bowman
+a top 5 draft pick
I'd try to draft Wiseman

You could also probably flip Russell for RoCo and clean that rotation up to:
Wiseman/Looney/Noah
Green/Pascall/Chris
Covington/Iggy
Thompson/Poole
Curry/Iggy
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#805 » by marthafokker » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:34 am

Forget Iggy. He ain't coming. He is now a Heat and for the next two years too.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#806 » by marthafokker » Sat Feb 8, 2020 7:23 pm

Can Bender be signed as 2 way player? Maybe another reclamation project.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,744

Post#807 » by azwfan » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:12 am

marthafokker wrote:Can Bender be signed as 2 way player? Maybe another reclamation project.

The deadline to sign 2-way players has passed and he won't be eligible next season. We could sign him to a 10-day contract after Pargo's expires though (and Curry starts playing).
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#808 » by Quazza » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:21 am

Sign Broekhoff. If there's one thing we are missing its a pouch riding triple hard sick **** Aussie
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
wco81
RealGM

Post#809 » by wco81 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:34 am

Didn't the Warriors sign Chris recently? If Spotrac is accurate, he has a guaranteed salary for next season.

So they need another center, probably a bigger body than either Looney or Chris.

Lakers have 3 centers on their team, McGee, Howard and Cousins. All are free agents after this season except for McGee, who has a team option.

Howard I think has been better than McGee, getting more minutes. Lakers can sign him but he's going to want more money than the minimum deal he's on now.

But Lakers have several guys with player options, Rondo, KCP, Bradley in addition to McGee. AD has a player option but we know whats happening with that one.

So Howard is available but maybe if the Lakers don't win it all this year, they won't pay him enough to stay.

Chances are if the Lakers won't pay him more than the minimum, some other team will. But if he he doesn't get such an offer ...
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#810 » by freypies » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:08 am

wco81 wrote:Didn't the Warriors sign Chris recently? If Spotrac is accurate, he has a guaranteed salary for next season.

So they need another center, probably a bigger body than either Looney or Chris.

Lakers have 3 centers on their team, McGee, Howard and Cousins. All are free agents after this season except for McGee, who has a team option.

Howard I think has been better than McGee, getting more minutes. Lakers can sign him but he's going to want more money than the minimum deal he's on now.

But Lakers have several guys with player options, Rondo, KCP, Bradley in addition to McGee. AD has a player option but we know whats happening with that one.

So Howard is available but maybe if the Lakers don't win it all this year, they won't pay him enough to stay.

Chances are if the Lakers won't pay him more than the minimum, some other team will. But if he he doesn't get such an offer ...

We could get him for sure.

There are a lot of good unrestricted FA centers this year - Dwight, Favors, Gasol, Ibaka, RoLo, Plumlee, Baynes, Whiteside. Some of them are outside our range, but hopefully we get one for the MLE.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#811 » by xdrta+ » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:48 am

wco81 wrote:Didn't the Warriors sign Chris recently? If Spotrac is accurate, he has a guaranteed salary for next season.

Chriss is non-guaranteed for next year.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#812 » by DAWill1128 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:36 am

We need a Bogut type to set great screens, make good passes, body up guys. Guess Bogut and Baynes fit what we need with O'Quinn on the lower end.

Leonard, Favors, and Ibaka I guess are an alternative as stretch bigs.

Howard, Whiteside would make us good on defense but not sure either is great as a free flowing offensive piece. Biyombo is actually a pretty amazing defender on the lower end.

Plumlee would look great on offense but bad on defense in our system, basically like a better version of Chriss which seems redundant if we keep Chriss.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#813 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:25 am

Posted on another thread...but I think the move i s stealing AD from Lakers in FA.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#814 » by shazam_guy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:44 am

cdubbz wrote:I wish we signed Tacko Fall. I would take him over Curry's step brother.

Based on what? So far he's a cartoon.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#815 » by cdubbz » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:18 am

shazam_guy wrote:
cdubbz wrote:I wish we signed Tacko Fall. I would take him over Curry's step brother.

Based on me wanting Tacko Tuesday promotions for Warrior games.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
wco81
RealGM

Post#816 » by wco81 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:36 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Posted on another thread...but I think the move i s stealing AD from Lakers in FA.

I think he'd be afraid of being called soft or cupcake by Lakers and other fans if he signed with the Warriors.

Lebron has been trying to kiss ass so much that it's highly unlikely. Also do you know who his agent is?
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#817 » by ClutchUp » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:27 am

wco81 wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Posted on another thread...but I think the move i s stealing AD from Lakers in FA.

I think he'd be afraid of being called soft or cupcake by Lakers and other fans if he signed with the Warriors.

Lebron has been trying to kiss ass so much that it's highly unlikely. Also do you know who his agent is?

His agent is Rich Paul.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#818 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:21 am

ClutchUp wrote:
wco81 wrote:

His agent is Rich Paul.

Lebron and chemistry issues and the Lakers faltering in the playoffs (early bounce) would have to happen...but it's not out the question. I can see a scenario where the appeal of playing with Curry and Klay looks a ton better than another year dealing with an aging LB and not much else on that team.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#819 » by xdrta+ » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:59 am

They'd have to dump Green's salary+ to fit AD in.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#820 » by shazam_guy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:40 am

cdubbz wrote:
shazam_guy wrote:

Based on me wanting Tacko Tuesday promotions for Warrior games.

Fair enough.

Return to Golden State Warriors