Sixers Fans: Goosfraba (it's gonna be ok)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Re: Sixers Fans: Goosfraba (it's gonna be ok) 

Post#41 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:47 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Ah yes, 76ers fans are a great resource of misplaced superiority. :wink: Don't lose that energy when you get bounced in a road series

You mistake equality with superiority. We don’t bow to the Bucks but don’t worry, you don’t have to bow either. Respect is earned on the battle field.

surely the 76ers are not equal to the Heat, the Pacers, or the Nets right now?

there are levels to this, and unfortunately the 76ers are on level 5

... Really?
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,844

Post#42 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:13 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
You mistake equality with superiority. We don’t bow to the Bucks but don’t worry, you don’t have to bow either. Respect is earned on the battle field.

See, you lost any credibility you might have had with that post. If you seriously think that the Sixers aren’t at the very least at the level of those teams you mentioned, I seriously don’t know what to tell you.

you are what your record says you are, the 76ers are in 5th right now. if they have to win all three rounds without home court, what we know about the 76ers road record tells us that it would be a highly improbable feat for them to accomplish
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,961

Post#43 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:54 pm

fianchetto wrote:This takes me back to the drama with Lebron with the cavs during the RS. Sure, you've got no one like Lebron, but the point is drama is always magnified by the media and this board. Take away the drama and expectations and you have a solid 51-win pace team, a true contender in the east. If they can get a higher seed, that's a dangerous, dangerous squad come playoff time.

51 wins isn't even a pseudo contender this year in the East. Milwaukee is on pace for 70, Toronto on pace for 60.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,574

Post#44 » by KGtabake » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:01 pm

What's the matter? Aren't they the celtics nightmare? The bucks stopper? The most talented team in the conference and the clear favorite? Should we insert a rule that they should play all games in philly so that the above statements will become real? 8-)
Where are those threads with the playoffs predictions about one month ago? And the great posts with the analysis of why their opponents should fear them because they "matchup great" against them?
I guess they started playing their opponents away from home ever since.
How did that turn out?
*checks the rankings*
Not so good i guess 8-)
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
foreigngrammar
Pro Prospect
And1: 470

Post#45 » by foreigngrammar » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:04 pm

LipSkinMatter wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:

WTF

I said what I said. As constructed, what J Rich brings to the team is more important.

:crazy:

Anything else to offer? :lol:
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,316

Post#46 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:31 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

See, you lost any credibility you might have had with that post. If you seriously think that the Sixers aren’t at the very least at the level of those teams you mentioned, I seriously don’t know what to tell you.

you are what your record says you are, the 76ers are in 5th right now. if they have to win all three rounds without home court, what we know about the 76ers road record tells us that it would be a highly improbable feat for them to accomplish

That is absolutely, ABSOLUTELY, not true. You can hold to that though if it makes you feel better about your Bucks.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#47 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:46 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:

That is absolutely, ABSOLUTELY, not true. You can hold to that though if it makes you feel better about your Bucks.

It is true when seeding is done. The team with the best record gets the 1st seed and so on. Yes I do need some consoling when Giannis is the back to back MVP and setting the All-Time PER record

Is it untrue that in the history of the NBA, only one team worse than a 3rd seed has won the Finals?
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Post#48 » by binjumper » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:54 pm

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,694

Post#49 » by stormi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:54 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

How did that work out for the Bucks last year? #1 seed. 3-1 season series win over the Raps. Backdoor swept.

Giannis unplayable when it mattered most
6ersfolife
Junior
And1: 180

Post#50 » by 6ersfolife » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:54 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Well with a few adjustments I like how we look and I like our chances to beat any team in the East in a 7 games series. The Bucks on the other hand better hope that we are not in the 4 or 5 position. We are the worst match up for you guys. So stay smug with the record stuff and lets see what happens when we shut your shooters down with length and Giannas has to go at Embiid and Horford for seven games.

I love your cockiness, but last year I wanted the 4th or 5th seed because I thought we had a better shot at beating you guys, and I feel like we don't care what seed we get this year, but the bucks better.
stormi
General Manager

Post#51 » by stormi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:57 pm

binjumper wrote:Image

best player in the world
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#52 » by Clay Davis » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:14 pm

Ill News wrote:Sixers will definitely be a handful in the playoffs. Assuming none of the top East teams completely collapse, they'll probably face the Heat in round 1. That would be an amazing series.

I sure as hell hope the Celtics avoid them in the 1st round. The Sixers' size will kill them unless Tatum, Hayward, and Brown somehow go supernova in that series, since Kemba will struggle against them.
Why will Kemba struggle?

Sent from my SM-A520W using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#53 » by Clay Davis » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:17 pm

Right now the 76ers have a pretty clear weakness: fast players who can put their jumbo-sized line ups on skates. It'll be interesting to see how they fare against small line ups. I think that Houston is a really bad match-up for them for this reason.

Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
knuckles862
Analyst
And1: 2,572

Post#54 » by knuckles862 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:33 pm

Clay Davis wrote:Right now the 76ers have a pretty clear weakness: fast players who can put their jumbo-sized line ups on skates. It'll be interesting to see how they fare against small line ups. I think that Houston is a really bad match-up for them for this reason.

That was their biggest weakness last season.this season they do a good job playing defense on pretty much any Matchup.also with horford coming off the bench that's one less weak link on the pick and roll
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#55 » by shakes0 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:36 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:Haven't been able to post much lately... I last dropped in before the Grizzlies game to say the Sixers' 4-game losing streak would mark the low point of our season. 3 games later and I'm feeling slightly more confident in my prediction. Here are some reasons as to why I believe the Sixers are 'just fine', relatively speaking.

1) Our remaining SOS is the 2nd easiest in the league (average win% of .455). This should help build momentum heading into the playoffs. It also means our current record should be viewed in context; 51-win pace is closer to 53/54-win pace if weighted for schedule distribution.
2) Horford is finally playing the role of 6th man! I've been asking for this all season, and expect the adjustment to pay dividends. Apparently Brett Brown wanted this from the start, but mgmt wasn't keen on the idea after signing Al for $109 mil. Better late than never.
3) Richardson is our 3rd most impactful player (yes, above Tobias and Horford in my opinion). His absence was understated during the recent 4-game slide.
4) Burks/GR3 compliment the team better than Neto/Ennis did. Even ignoring fit, they're likely better players overall.
5) We knew there would be a learning curve for the "big 5" to build chemistry. They've only played 20 games together, so the chemistry factor should trend upward (health willing).
6) We've now beaten the Bucks, Lakers, Raptors, Nuggets, Celtics (x3), Clippers, Jazz, Heat and Pacers. A win against the Rockets in Philly on 3/31 would solidify Ws against every contender in the league. I think that holds weight in playoff discussion.
7) The optics of 5th place have magnified our perceived struggles. Our current win% would be good for 3rd place last season. More credit should be given to the Bucks/Raptors/Celtics/Heat rather than detracted from the Sixers.

My point isn't to convince anybody the Sixers are Championship-bound, but I do think it's foolish to count them out. "Of course you think that. You're a Sixers fan." Well sure, you got me, but I never flexed after our win streak to start the season. I never flexed after a comfortable Christmas win over the Bucks or a comfortable Embiid-less win over the Lakers. I just know the season is long, and that peaks/valleys are to be expected. At the end of the day no amount of RS success would satisfy my longing for this team... Only the playoffs can do that.

TLDR: "The Sixers don't stink. In fact, you stink."

Yours Truly,
GeorgeMarcus

as long as you don't have to play Atlanta anymore you should be ok. 2-4 vs ATL since Trae arrived.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#56 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:04 pm

KGtabake wrote:What's the matter? Aren't they the celtics nightmare? The bucks stopper? The most talented team in the conference and the clear favorite? Should we insert a rule that they should play all games in philly so that the above statements will become real? 8-)
Where are those threads with the playoffs predictions about one month ago? And the great posts with the analysis of why their opponents should fear them because they "matchup great" against them?
I guess they started playing their opponents away from home ever since.
How did that turn out?
*checks the rankings*
Not so good i guess 8-)

We're 3-1 against the Celtics and 1-1 against the Bucks, so I'm not really seeing your point guy. Idk what threads you're referring to but they sound just as irrelevant as the 'Philly stinks' threads. We aren't a 'clear favorite' but no one will want to play us when the time comes. Both statements are true.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#57 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:05 pm

stormi wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:

How did that work out for the Bucks last year? #1 seed. 3-1 season series win over the Raps. Backdoor swept.

Yea averaging 22.5 points on 44.5% shooting, 13.5 rebounds and 6 assists per game with elite defense is unplayable
stormi
General Manager

Post#58 » by stormi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:09 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
stormi wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Yea averaging 22.5 points on 44.5% shooting, 13.5 rebounds and 6 assists per game with elite defense is unplayable

He literally got yanked in game 5 with a minute left because his hard screen setting and elbowing people in the chest wasn't getting it done and he watched Middleton brick the game away from the sidelines :lol:
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#59 » by LipSkinMatter » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:10 pm

foreigngrammar wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
I said what I said. As constructed, what J Rich brings to the team is more important.

:crazy:

Anything else to offer? :lol:

I don't want to argue with a cool poster so nah, just a ridiculous theory on his part. Speaks for itself.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#60 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:16 pm

stormi wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
stormi wrote:

He literally got yanked in game 5 with a minute left because his hard screen setting and elbowing people in the chest wasn't getting it done and he watched Middleton brick the game away from the sidelines :lol:

but the 76ers are better because they went to 7 games in the semi finals AMIRITE?

its just funny how 76er fans and analysts alike were all parroting 1st seed but now that you're trash in the regular season we're in a full back pedal into the "playoff proven" fallacy. its a joke considering your team has never accomplished a thing in the playoffs and have actually regressed year over year LMAO

Return to The General Board