ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Updates Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,179

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#881 » by cedric76 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:18 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:Its becoming more clear now. Great ballhandler, elite finisher, great playmaker, decent defender and he starting to find the range (and he's not afraid to take 3's).

Weltman, Hammond and Clifford are quite certain he will be all star. Cant blame them.

And i agree with em too! Can't take this season at face value. Next season will be when he really shines. :nod: :nod:

1 full summer will help him tremendously
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#882 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:23 pm

cedric76 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
zaymon wrote:Weltman, Hammond and Clifford are quite certain he will be all star. Cant blame them.

And i agree with em too! Can't take this season at face value. Next season will be when he really shines. :nod: :nod:

Was listening to a podcast and they were saying that though he is starting and playing heavy minutes.... he is still under restrictions on what he can do and that this summer as he gets a full time training and goes through training camp things will be put in place. So I'm excited to see what comes for next year. And his flourishing changes everything for everyone.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#883 » by zaymon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:31 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:And i agree with em too! Can't take this season at face value. Next season will be when he really shines. :nod: :nod:

Was listening to a podcast and they were saying that though he is starting and playing heavy minutes.... he is still under restrictions on what he can do and that this summer as he gets a full time training and goes through training camp things will be put in place. So I'm excited to see what comes for next year. And his flourishing changes everything for everyone.

link to podcast?
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#884 » by zaymon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
zaymon wrote:Weltman, Hammond and Clifford are quite certain he will be all star. Cant blame them.

WeHam have to actually go out of their way this offseason to surround Fultz with shooters. Its borderline criminal if they don't add shooters. You put shooters around Futlz and he will find them.

That is the single most important thing this summer. This why i dont care about Gordon, he just doesnt fit with Fultz and Isaac, and he is inferior player.
I think Fournier will opt in, to see how we look without Gordon. With Okeke there is a chance we will have 5 out offense next year. Morever if we draft some shooting small forward (Nesmith, Bey, Vassell, Nwora, Liver, Hughes), and resign Dj we will also have some shooting from the bench.
Dj/Ross/Bey/Aminu/Bamba. Similar yet different
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#885 » by Skin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:52 pm

Comeback Player of the Year. 100%
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#886 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:21 pm

zaymon wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

link to podcast?

I wanna say Locked on Magic's February 4th episode: A Full Season of Markelle Fultz
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#887 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:22 pm

zaymon wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:And i agree with em too! Can't take this season at face value. Next season will be when he really shines. :nod: :nod:

WeHam have to actually go out of their way this offseason to surround Fultz with shooters. Its borderline criminal if they don't add shooters. You put shooters around Futlz and he will find them.

That is the single most important thing this summer. This why i dont care about Gordon, he just doesnt fit with Fultz and Isaac, and he is inferior player.
I think Fournier will opt in, to see how we look without Gordon. With Okeke there is a chance we will have 5 out offense next year. Morever if we draft some shooting small forward (Nesmith, Bey, Vassell, Nwora, Liver, Hughes), and resign Dj we will also have some shooting from the bench.
Dj/Ross/Bey/Aminu/Bamba. Similar yet different

Nesmith is my number 1 at that position. Thanks for throwing out other names for me to look at. :-)
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#888 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

Not just shooters either...Gunners. Guys that need about an inch of space.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#889 » by Knightro » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:15 pm

Fultz at PG with Isaac at C and capable shooters at the 2-3-4 is the stuff dreams are made of.
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#890 » by zaymon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:16 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:

Not just shooters either...Gunners. Guys that need about an inch of space.

We also need players who move well without the ball. Okeke was good at this.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#891 » by thelead » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:29 pm

Knightro wrote:Fultz at PG with Isaac at C and capable shooters at the 2-3-4 is the stuff dreams are made of.

Imagine:

Fultz
Middleton
TJ Warren or Joe Harris
Robert Covington or Bojan Bogdonavic
Isaac

And that’s not a crazy type of team to envision if the cap space was managed better. Hopefully, we can move players around and build something similar to it.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#892 » by Knightro » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:32 pm

Last 6 games...

32.4 MPG, .517 FG%, .353 3PT%, .875 FT%, .612 TS%, 2.8 RPG, 7.5 APG, 1.7 SPG, 2.0 TOPG, 13.7 PPG
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,874

Post#893 » by Last Guardian » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:52 am

Surround Fultz with hard nosed defenders who can shoot....lets not forget that the Warriors were elite on defense when they warped everyone's mind on how 3's are needed to win. Lets not forget that Toronto absolutely was one of the most stifling defensive teams in the playoffs that I can remember last year. And to further prove a point, Washington and Detroit are fantastic shooting teams and they are god awful. Gunning 3's is not the answer, being elite on defense and an efficient offensive team however you choose to score is absolutely the answer.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#894 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:25 am

Let's not get carried away with full rebuilds ... Cuz we could even return with essentially the same team at the beginning of the year with some minor shuffling in and out ... Depending on how players end the season, what opportunities arise over the summer, how they view the impact of the returning injured, what we get in the draft, etc . Much to the dismay of many on the board. Even if it did.... His personal growth would do wonders for this team. Especially since most of our players will become moreso spot up shooters... Prone to moving and making themselves available. The style of play would take a dramatic shift as the ball will be in more capable hands.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#895 » by Knightro » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Is Fultz starting to shoot his threes a lot less mechanically than he did at the beginning of the year or am I just seeing things that I want to believe are true?
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 765

Post#896 » by Tarheel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:52 pm

Knightro wrote:Is Fultz starting to shoot his threes a lot less mechanically than he did at the beginning of the year or am I just seeing things that I want to believe are true?

I thought this too - the stroke is still ugly but it looks a bit more natural and fluid. He doesn't take as long to set his feet either.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#897 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 pm

An observation to be impressed by.... 2 games.... 18 assist ...... 0 turnovers. not too bad youngster! Game might just be slowing down for the kid.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#898 » by fendilim » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Yeah, fultz shot is getting better. It seems to be he is getting more comfortable.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#899 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:33 pm

Knightro wrote:Is Fultz starting to shoot his threes a lot less mechanically than he did at the beginning of the year or am I just seeing things that I want to believe are true?

Shot is definitely smoother. Probably not a coincidence that he's shooting 35% recently. It's still slow but all signs are pointing being at least an average 3 shooter after a summer of actually being able to practice them.

I'm so excited for when defenders have to guard him to the 3 line. He's gonna feast in the paint - somewhere between Russell and Kyrie in terms of athleticism and skill.
neuraldarwinism
Sixth Man
And1: 1,048

Post#900 » by neuraldarwinism » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:07 pm

I've noticed his misses are better. Pretty on line.

Return to Orlando Magic