Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SilverFlight
Sophomore
And1: 58

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1381 » by SilverFlight » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Seeing his birth and death dates on sites like Wikipedia is still very surreal.
Lala870
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#1382 » by Lala870 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:32 am

Domejandro wrote:Keep the discussion in this thread basketball related. If you really care, create a Reddit account to analyze the non basketball related stuff. Seriously, it is not that hard, RealGM is not going to be the medium to sway public opinion. The General Board is an outlet to discuss basketball (and apparently composers), there is a reason why social and political commentary is clearly defined in the rules as being disallowed.

Then this thread should be deleted 100%

The very existence of it is contradictory to this post and will generate non bball talk.

Legacy threads =/= purely basketball talk. Common sense should tell you this especially with kobes sketchy past.
Al Harrington is my inspiration for weed entrepreneurship!
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#1383 » by ratul » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Still feels very surreal
SilverFlight
Sophomore

Post#1384 » by SilverFlight » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Kobe and Gianna have been laid to rest at Pacific View Memorial Park in Corona Del Mar, California.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#1385 » by baldur » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:12 pm

SilverFlight wrote:Kobe and Gianna have been laid to rest at Pacific View Memorial Park in Corona Del Mar, California.

will there be a funeral ceremony?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#1386 » by HMFFL » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:54 pm

baldur wrote:
SilverFlight wrote:Kobe and Gianna have been laid to rest at Pacific View Memorial Park in Corona Del Mar, California.

will there be a funeral ceremony?
A public memorial for Kobe, Gianna and the seven other victims involved in the helicopter crash that took their lives is planned for Feb. 24 at Staples Center. 

On Monday, over 1,000 people attended a memorial service for John, Keri and Alyssa Altobelli at Angel Stadium. Payton Chester, Sarah Chester, Christina Mauser and pilot Ara Zobayan also lost their lives in the accident.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4736417002

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Knicks7Tape
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#1387 » by Knicks7Tape » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:58 pm

Who is up for some matching Kobe tattoos?

Read on Twitter
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#1388 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:59 pm

Sometimes I wish this was all a bad dream. :banghead:

I still feel like Kobe should still be here enjoying his life. He should have never went out like that. Still angers me to this day ,because he still should be with us and his family.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#1389 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:40 pm

GREY 1769 wrote:*Hhhhhnghhhh*
Read on Twitter

So intense. The Kobe we all loved.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
PrettiNerdi
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#1390 » by PrettiNerdi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:41 pm

WeAreVenom wrote:Posted this on Lakers RealGM, think this might be a better place for it:

Still broken up over this, everyone else looks to be moving on with life. Still unbelievable to me to look at headlines or videos or whatever and to see "Kobe Bryant Dies" or "Kobe Bryant: 1978 - 2020". Unreal. Don't know where else to vent, figured yall are the only other ones who would get it.

Same. My stomach drops every day as if I just heard for the first time. Still hard to accept.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#1391 » by Sprewell4Three » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:52 pm

PrettiNerdi wrote:
WeAreVenom wrote:Posted this on Lakers RealGM, think this might be a better place for it:

Still broken up over this, everyone else looks to be moving on with life. Still unbelievable to me to look at headlines or videos or whatever and to see "Kobe Bryant Dies" or "Kobe Bryant: 1978 - 2020". Unreal. Don't know where else to vent, figured yall are the only other ones who would get it.

Same. My stomach drops every day as if I just heard for the first time. Still hard to accept.

I find it hard to accept as well because it’s something that could have been avoided. Just my opinion. I get angry just thinking about it sometimes. We don’t know what the higher power wanted but Kobe and his daughter didn’t deserve to get taken out of the sky like that. Especially Gigi man so young and full of potential. This all could have been avoided , man.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#1392 » by Pharmcat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:08 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
PrettiNerdi wrote:

I find it hard to accept as well because it’s something that could have been avoided. Just my opinion. I get angry just thinking about it sometimes. We don’t know what the higher power wanted but Kobe and his daughter didn’t deserve to get taken out of the sky like that. Especially Gigi man so young and full of potential. This all could have been avoided , man.

This will take a long time to get over...we are all creating a new normal for ourselves now because the normal we knew ended on that fateful day
SilverFlight
Sophomore

Post#1393 » by SilverFlight » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:09 pm

At least no one can take away the memories from us... watching that 3-peat on NBC back in the day was great... even as a non-Lakers fan.
Greed
Junior
And1: 372

Post#1394 » by Greed » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:01 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
PrettiNerdi wrote:

I share these sentiments, I think Vanessa does as well given her IG post about being angry but whatever we feel is undoubtedly amplified by x100 in her case.

The best thing to help me move on has been just valuing the time I have with those close to me and doing my best everyday. No matter how anyone felt about Kobe, no one can deny the man was doing his best day-in and day-out and was the definition of hard work. Life is short, doesn't matter how great anyone is or appears to be at the end of the day we're born with nothing and will die with nothing. So it's all about being the best we can be between those times since we never know when it's going to end

I have a LOT more work to do before I'm at a place where I'm completely satisfied with my life but it's never too late to start trying to be better.
carlquincy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,148

Post#1395 » by carlquincy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:47 am

Pau's interview.
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,374

Post#1396 » by DS17 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:57 am

Please don't ever delete these threads mods. I will be mourning Kobe for years to come.
Air Apparent
Rookie
And1: 1,239

Post#1397 » by Air Apparent » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:10 am

carlquincy wrote:

Pau's interview.

i feel pau was probably kobe's fav teammate or top 3 at least, he loved pau
basketball is a team sport
carlquincy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,148

Post#1398 » by carlquincy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:18 pm

Air Apparent wrote:
carlquincy wrote:

Pau's interview.

i feel pau was probably kobe's fav teammate or top 3 at least, he loved pau

The bromance is real. They are tight af.
SilverFlight
Sophomore

Post#1399 » by SilverFlight » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:35 pm

How about Tiger sinking a 24 feet, 8 inch putt for Eagle (Kobe's fav. NFL team)... 2 shots better than par to open his round in LA during NBA All-Star Weekend.

Unbelievable how it worked out that way.
PrettiNerdi
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#1400 » by PrettiNerdi » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:59 pm

I'm not able to go anyway, but it's ridiculous that the tickets to the memorial are being sold instead of raffled/given out first come first served w/ ID verification. There are other ways to raise money for the charity.

Return to The General Board