ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#121 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:00 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:You proposing the above for Hield? Seems steep. Or just listing the extra assets?

Basically, want Dallas to stay out of the lottery so their 2023 pick comes to the Knick in the extra deep College/HS draft, correct?

I hope I'm not wrong, don't wanna look it up again, but I think:

Their 2021 pick is unprotected and could very well end up in the lottery. Dallas isn't a very good team actually and the West is so tough, they might finish 10th that year.

In 2023 the pick is top 10 protected and it doesn't get much better going forward. That's a heavily protected pick that iirc might very well convey as a second rounder in 2025 after all.

We really shouldn't touch the 2021 pick, not even for Hield. That said, going after Buddy is a must and I'm also comfortable with Harrison Barnes given our ability to swallow bad deals. He has become a very, very consistent shooter and defender over the years. He's not bad at all if you look into it - most of that is narrative and a bad environment. Kings haven't been ready so far.

Edit: imo Barnes > A. Gordon > Randle

I doubt Dallas is a lotto team in 2023. Which, other than weird lotto odds if their record is LATE lotto and they move up (whatever the last lotto pick is 14? 16?) to top 10, it's GOOD news they'll be good, since the pick will convey and it's a supposed to be a very deep draft.

Yep, definitely. But in a deal for Hield you offer the 2023 Dallas puck, the one coming from LAC, plus Randle, Payton, DSJ. That's it basically.

Don't touch the 2021 pick or any of our own.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,791

Post#122 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:10 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:I hope I'm not wrong, don't wanna look it up again, but I think:

Their 2021 pick is unprotected and could very well end up in the lottery. Dallas isn't a very good team actually and the West is so tough, they might finish 10th that year.

In 2023 the pick is top 10 protected and it doesn't get much better going forward. That's a heavily protected pick that iirc might very well convey as a second rounder in 2025 after all.

We really shouldn't touch the 2021 pick, not even for Hield. That said, going after Buddy is a must and I'm also comfortable with Harrison Barnes given our ability to swallow bad deals. He has become a very, very consistent shooter and defender over the years. He's not bad at all if you look into it - most of that is narrative and a bad environment. Kings haven't been ready so far.

Edit: imo Barnes > A. Gordon > Randle

I doubt Dallas is a lotto team in 2023. Which, other than weird lotto odds if their record is LATE lotto and they move up (whatever the last lotto pick is 14? 16?) to top 10, it's GOOD news they'll be good, since the pick will convey and it's a supposed to be a very deep draft.

Yep, definitely. But in a deal for Hield you offer the 2023 Dallas puck, the one coming from LAC, plus Randle, Payton, DSJ. That's it basically.

Hmm. Ok. Maybe. I'd see if there was a way to keep all the 2023 picks. But for all the "it's a deep draft", it's probably a pick in the 20's. Who knows though. With that many HS kids in the draft, maybe they'll be a few projects/sleepers in the late rounds that really pan out 4 years later.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#123 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:14 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Hmm. Ok. Maybe. I'd see if there was a way to keep all the 2023 picks. But for all the "it's a deep draft", it's probably a pick in the 20's. Who knows though. With that many HS kids in the draft, maybe they'll be a few projects/sleepers in the late rounds that really pan out 4 years later.

Yeah and for Hield+Barnes an offer of Randle, Payton, DSJ and those two FRP seems a bit much anyway considering the ridiculous amount of salary dumped by SAC. So maybe one FRP will do the trick. Hield is good, but the Celtics (just one example) still have three better players on the roster.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#124 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:41 am

Y’all need to stop throwing those Dallas picks around in every trade idea.

We tend to do well with late picks if that’s what they end up. Chit, you can almost hear people here saying “I like (Clipper pick) more than (our own lotto pick)” this summer already.

And next couple drafts after this are projected to be pretty good. We aren’t in “pick throw away“ mode, unless it’s a star coming back to the Garden. I use “star” somewhat loosely but im talking about a guy we can add to our core that moves the needle in real ways.

And even then, nah, we need to handpick some cheap talent. I’m sick of these guys teams have no issue letting walk being our best players.

The Mavs are not a given, despite their young stars. And that pick is unprotected. Health and just the level of comp in the West can change things quickly. And same goes for the Clips (if the pick swap is between Dallas and their pick-anything else should have gotten Scott fired on the spot).

Realistic guys we should even involve ourselves in seismic trade talks for: Ben Simmons and to a lesser extent Devin Booker. I love Hield and Jojo...but Hield isn’t worth giving the house up for on account of his age, attitude and the fact he’s a sub on a terrible team. And Jojo’s health will always be an issue with his history and lack of commitment to his body. Would I want either? Oh for sure. Add Hield and Jamal Murray and few others to that list. But other teams would outbid me cuz I’m not selling the house.

Matter of fact right now Dev, you Dlo to me.
Lol not really but it’s all fair in negotiations and profiling.

If Philly decides Ben is the guy they let go, we need to be all on it. Elton Brand has done a terrible job (so far) surrounding and encouraging his two studs with the right role players. And maybe just maybe they’re a bad fit together. If they don’t make the Finals I can see Brown being fired and if that doesn’t work something’s gotta give. If it’s Ben I’m all in.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,791

Post#125 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:01 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:Y’all need to stop throwing those Dallas picks around in every trade idea.

We tend to do well with late picks if that’s what they end up. Chit, you can almost hear people here saying “I like (Clipper pick) more than (our own lotto pick)” this summer already.

And next couple drafts after this are projected to be pretty good. We aren’t in “pick throw away“ mode, unless it’s a star coming back to the Garden. I use “star” somewhat loosely but im talking about a guy we can add to our core that moves the needle in real ways.

And even then, nah, we need to handpick some cheap talent. I’m sick of these guys teams have no issue letting walk being our best players.

The Mavs are not a given, despite their young stars. And that pick is unprotected. Health and just the level of comp in the West can change things quickly. And same goes for the Clips (if the pick swap is between Dallas and their pick-anything else should have gotten Scott fired on the spot).

Realistic guys we should even involve ourselves in seismic trade talks for: Ben Simmons and to a lesser extent Devin Booker. I love Hield and Jojo...but Hield isn’t worth giving the house up for on account of his age, attitude and the fact he’s a sub on a terrible team. And Jojo’s health will always be an issue with his history and lack of commitment to his body. Would I want either? Oh for sure. Add Hield and Jamal Murray and few others to that list. But other teams would outbid me cuz I’m not selling the house.

If Philly decides Ben is the guy they let go, we need to be all on it. Elton Brand has done a terrible job (so far) surrounding and encouraging his two studs with the right role players. And maybe just maybe they’re a bad fit together. If they don’t make the Finals I can see Brown being fired and if that doesn’t work something’s gotta give. If it’s Ben I’m all in.

It seems like Philly had a nice mix of role players - JJ Reddick, Covington, Scott? (not sure of timeline) and got into the "big push" thing with Harris (not the worst choice since FA) and Butler, who they didn't even control, so was leaving. Sure, they flipped him for Richardson, but that's not the most awesome return since assets went out in - not looking this up - but Covington and Saric? I mean, neither awesome, but about fit, and the fact that the 76er's burned assets on a guy not there for the long haul.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#126 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:08 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:Y’all need to stop throwing those Dallas picks around in every trade idea.

And1 for keeping the 2021 pick. I don't want Simmons though. I'm all about shooting by now.
SWYM
Senior
And1: 828

Post#127 » by SWYM » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Ben would be a great addition to this team, just wow. And with Rose coming in and presumably looking to get stars, best believe those FRPs are gone and Randle, Payton and the rest of this roster outside of RJ & Mitch are not + assets.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#128 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:38 pm

SWYM wrote:

Ben would be a great addition to this team, just wow. And with Rose coming in and presumably looking to get stars, best believe those FRPs are gone and Randle, Payton and the rest of this roster outside of RJ & Mitch are not + assets.

i don't think the 76ers are gonna trade either one of Ben or Embiid but if they did i would think they'd trade Embiid first and i don't want him.

I'd rather go after V.Oladipo when he's a UFA in 2021 and maybe try to pair him with a trade for a L.Markkanen or a J.Collins or a J.Issac. That's of course if we can't get our hands on one of the big names like A.Davis or Giannes which we most likely won't be able to do. Maybe we can get Oladipo and pair him with another G like D.Booker or a B.Simmos or a J.Holiday.
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#129 » by Esq-4 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:26 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
SWYM wrote:

i don't think the 76ers are gonna trade either one of Ben or Embiid but if they did i would think they'd trade Embiid first and i don't want him.

I'd rather go after V.Oladipo when he's a UFA in 2021 and maybe try to pair him with a trade for a L.Markkanen or a J.Collins or a J.Issac. That's of course if we can't get our hands on one of the big names like A.Davis or Giannes which we most likely won't be able to do. Maybe we can get Oladipo and pair him with another G like D.Booker or a B.Simmos or a J.Holiday.

Depending how the off-season goes, might be smart to split Ben and JoJo up. Not that they will, but probably should. Either that, or build the right team around them. Redick made more sense than Hortford.
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#130 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:55 am

Esq-4 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
SWYM wrote:Ben would be a great addition to this team, just wow. And with Rose coming in and presumably looking to get stars, best believe those FRPs are gone and Randle, Payton and the rest of this roster outside of RJ & Mitch are not + assets.

Depending how the off-season goes, might be smart to split Ben and JoJo up. Not that they will, but probably should. Either that, or build the right team around them. Redick made more sense than Hortford.

Some of Embiid's struggles are directly linked to Simmons's shooting problem, especially shot selection / shot chart. Imagine Embiid next to Steph...
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,908

Post#131 » by sol537 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:10 pm

Sign Bertans and trade for Hield. Draft a PG like Haliburton and Hayes.

Instant rebuild.

Mitch / Bertans / RJ / Hield / Hali or Hayes

*That* would be exciting. Finally... shooting!
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,168

Post#132 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:03 pm

What teams do yall think would be interested in Randle?

I dont know if I can watch another season of him. RJ needs a stretch big badly.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,267

Post#133 » by rajajackal » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:23 pm

sol537 wrote:Sign Bertans and trade for Hield. Draft a PG like Haliburton and Hayes.

Instant rebuild.

i really like what i've seen from haliburton. drafting him and signing bertans would be a solid offseason on its own, i think. keep frank as your swiss army 6th man in the guard/forward rotation. i would definitely love to flip randle, payton, dsj, knox, trier, mavs picks, etc for a knockout shooting guard or wing, but i don't know if hield can be had for that sort of package. maybe otto porter?
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#134 » by ny-n-md » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:53 pm

I’m still hoping Lauri Markkanen is unhappy and forces his way out. He would fit in perfectly here providing the floor spacing we need for RJ and Mitch.
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#135 » by cgmw » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:11 pm

ny-n-md wrote:I’m still hoping Lauri Markkanen is unhappy and forces his way out. He would fit in perfectly here providing the floor spacing we need for RJ and Mitch.

Love it but you’re all smoking crack if you think Leon Rose talked Dolan into the job by promising a patient youth rebuild.

He’s being hired to tear it down for established All Stars.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,908

Post#136 » by sol537 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:51 pm

rajajackal wrote:
sol537 wrote:Sign Bertans and trade for Hield. Draft a PG like Haliburton and Hayes.

Instant rebuild.

i really like what i've seen from haliburton. drafting him and signing bertans would be a solid offseason on its own, i think. keep frank as your swiss army 6th man in the guard/forward rotation. i would definitely love to flip randle, payton, dsj, knox, trier, mavs picks, etc for a knockout shooting guard or wing, but i don't know if hield can be had for that sort of package. maybe otto porter?

Maybe Hield, maybe Beal... depends on the asking price. Maybe FVV at a fair price. I think the move is to build around Mitch + RJ with complementary pieces all while keeping the max slot (or two?) open for 2021 to try to drop the hammer and go from up and coming to contender status while our rooks (Mitch + RJ) are still on their rookie deals.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#137 » by spree8 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:09 pm

I’d be down for trading for Embiid only if we had another deal lined up simultaneously for a 2nd star... like another Leon Rose guy in Booker.

I’d prefer Simmons, but it looks like Embiid would probably be the one to go. That said, I’ve posted a hypothetical Simmons deal before sending Beal to Philly, but I guess the same can be done for Embiid.

Knicks: Embiid
Wiz: NY 20’ 1st, LAC 20’ 1st, CHA 20’ 2nd, 21’ DAL 1st
Sixers: Beal, 23’ DAL 1st

Knicks: Booker
Suns: RJ, Knox, Frank, 21’ 1st rd pick swap

Maybe the picks can be moved around to balance out whatever needs it, but that wouldn’t be too far off imo. Still have Mitch to trade... wonder if GS would trade their pick for him if Wiseman or Obi weren’t available when they draft. I’d do DSJ for Bamba, who’s boys wit Embiid n could step in when he’s out or even play next to him at times.

Still have more than max money too... could split it up this summer to get some starters like Jerami Grant and FVV(only if we’re contending), or save it for next year for Dipo or Jrue.

Fred VanVleet
Devin Booker
Jerami Grant
Joel Embiid

Victor Oladipo / Jrue Holiday
Devin Booker
Joel Embiid

Time for a new 2k season :thinking:
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,316

Post#138 » by HerSports85 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:04 am

trade targets:

1. Buddy Hield

2. Zach Lavine

3. Lauri Markkanen

FA Targets:

1. A. Davis

2. VanVleet

3. Beasley

Draft targets

1. Edwards

2. Haliburton

3. Hayes
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
ADeP7
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#139 » by ADeP7 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:25 am

HerSports85 wrote:trade targets:

1. Buddy Hield

2. Zach Lavine

3. Lauri Markkanen

FA Targets:

1. A. Davis

2. VanVleet

3. Beasley

Draft targets

1. Edwards

2. Haliburton

3. Hayes

I’d like to go Lauri then Hayes in the draft

And then free agency you sign Brandon Ingram to an offer sheet if he wanted to leave New Orleans and do a little sign and trade for him

Hayes - Barrett -Ingram- Lauri - Mitchell

However I think the knicks are swinging a trade for a bigger name player.
And after talking to my buddy I tend to believe Rose is making a splash
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,316

Post#140 » by HerSports85 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:28 am

ADeP7 wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:trade targets:

1. Buddy Hield

2. Zach Lavine

3. Lauri Markkanen

FA Targets:

1. A. Davis

2. VanVleet

3. Beasley

Draft targets

1. Edwards

2. Haliburton

3. Hayes

I’d like to go Lauri then Hayes in the draft

And then free agency you sign Brandon Ingram to an offer sheet if he wanted to leave New Orleans and do a little sign and trade for him

Hayes - Barrett -Ingram- Lauri - Mitchell

However I think the knicks are swinging a trade for a bigger name player.
And after talking to my buddy I tend to believe Rose is making a splash

Ingram would be my first FA target, I just assume NO will match whatever. Won’t hurt to try though
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs

Return to New York Knicks