Is Jayson Tatum a franchise player?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Is Tatum a franchise player?

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 467

CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,312

Re: Is Jayson Tatum a franchise player? 

Post#181 » by CoP » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:01 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
CoP wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
What he’s saying to you is that he’s not bothered to provide these links because like a number of posters have already said in this thread, that was truly the case last year on the GB, and I’m another one of those voices affirming it.

For the record, only because I suspect someone might go “you Raptors fans are all the same”, please believe me when I, the hardest Raptors critic I know, says it has absolutely nothing to do it. And if you don’t want to believe me, like I said, other posters have affirmed what Asif16 has said as well in this thread alone.

And what I am saying is if that was truly the case on the GB, then it should be easy enough to provide a few threads started by Celtics fans that compare Tatum to Kobe or Brown to Pierce. Link or GTFO

“GTFO! GTFO!”
Think you’ve said that 12 times to me and others in this thread. If you can’t accept the fact that multiple people recall this, which suggests there is no point for someone to take the time to go back about a year and bring these up for you, can’t help you. Have a good day.

It's gotten to be a joke now. You and others have spent more time replying to me telling me that the threads exist than it would take to just search the site and link all these so-called threads. The search function on this site is easy to use. It took me 30 seconds to perform a search, which I posted earlier in this thread, which linked to an actual thread on the GB that compared Kobe to Tatum, and it was started by a Raptors fan.

I don't really care what you or others "recall." When you make a claim, you back it up - that is how a discussion goes. If you can't do that, your claim is baseless.

P.S. My hunch is that you and the others have already performed this search, but can't really find anything, but you're unwilling to admit that your "recall" is trash. :lol:
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#182 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:21 pm

CoP wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
CoP wrote:And what I am saying is if that was truly the case on the GB, then it should be easy enough to provide a few threads started by Celtics fans that compare Tatum to Kobe or Brown to Pierce. Link or GTFO

“GTFO! GTFO!”
Think you’ve said that 12 times to me and others in this thread. If you can’t accept the fact that multiple people recall this, which suggests there is no point for someone to take the time to go back about a year and bring these up for you, can’t help you. Have a good day.

It's gotten to be a joke now. You and others have spent more time replying to me telling me that the threads exist than it would take to just search the site and link all these so-called threads. The search function on this site is easy to use. It took me 30 seconds to perform a search, which I posted earlier in this thread, which linked to an actual thread on the GB that compared Kobe to Tatum, and it was started by a Raptors fan.

I don't really care what you or others "recall." When you make a claim, you back it up - that is how a discussion goes. If you can't do that, your claim is baseless.

P.S. My hunch is that you and the others have already performed this search, but can't really find anything, but you're unwilling to admit that your "recall" is trash. :lol:

Lmao. Someone already looked it up for you and you discredited it.

I’m done here. Bye.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,312

Post#183 » by CoP » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:21 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:
CoP wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
“GTFO! GTFO!”

I’m done here. Bye.

They linked a single thread from the Celtics board when Asif claimed that Celtics fans washed the GB. I am glad you are done here, because you have contributed nothing to the thread. Cheers.
Blaze4G
Pro Prospect
And1: 939

Post#184 » by Blaze4G » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:37 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:
CoP wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
“GTFO! GTFO!”

I’m done here. Bye.

Better to admit you were wrong and move on. Why is it so hard for people to admit that they made a mistake and move on. Damn man, egos smh.
NY 567 wrote: that won't change the fact that Tatum is mediocre as hell and that Ainge is dumb enough to give average starters with no upside like Tatum and Brown max contracts. That's worse than Isiah Thomas level dumb
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#185 » by Ill News » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:26 am

blueNorange wrote:he had all the chances in the world to be the man last season for the celtics but wanted nothing part of it.

He did? That's news to me. Kyrie and Hayward being back in the lineup last season and Brad Stevens' egalitarian offense prevented that from happening. Especially in the playoffs, when Kyrie basically hijacked their offense to throw up 22 shots a game.

Tatum still managed to improve on his regular season averages though. It wasn't much, but this incremental progress is part of the reason why he's getting flak now because people expected him to explode as a star in his second year. He hit a speed bump last season, and it remains to be seen whether he can brush it off or the stumble injured him thus hindering his development.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,442

Post#186 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:01 am

TerryTate wrote:Honestly this thread should be bumped around the New Year or AS Break.

yeah you're right

Averaging 22-7-3 as the first option of the Celtics. Melanin-deprived Harrison Barnes lookin' good as a first time all star :wink:
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#187 » by GTR11 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 am

There is only 6 maybe 10 ( if we going to stretch few ) of those players in NBA. You God damn right he ain't one for sure. Let's see how he does vs Indy this year first than over react to one good stretch this year.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,627

Post#188 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:31 pm

GTR11 wrote:There is only 6 maybe 10 ( if we going to stretch few ) of those players in NBA. You God damn right he ain't one for sure. Let's see how he does vs Indy this year first than over react to one good stretch this year.

Why Indy? ... Oh, perhaps you think the current playoff seedings are set in stone.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
GTR11
RealGM

Post#189 » by GTR11 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
GTR11 wrote:There is only 6 maybe 10 ( if we going to stretch few ) of those players in NBA. You God damn right he ain't one for sure. Let's see how he does vs Indy this year first than over react to one good stretch this year.

Why Indy? ... Oh, perhaps you think the current playoff seedings are set in stone.

Kind of yes I think it's pretty much done deal. Can't see Celtics getting that second seed and Indy still need to figure out how Dipo will progress. As a Celtic fan ( I assume ) you better hope it's Indy instead of Philly. If 6's really figuring it out right now they not the team anyone will be exited to face. They can upset any team imo and I won't be surprised if they do.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,442

Post#190 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:10 pm

No, obviously he's not a superstar right now. If you ask me if Tatum is a franchise player at the moment, then obviously the answer is no.

However, this is schadenfreude for the posters in this thread who are quick to not only say that, but also assert that Tatum was already at his ceiling. Moreover, he's already surpassed the "all star ceiling" that some capped on him. It's a pretty safe bet that he's going to continue making all stars and continue to improve at the age of 21.
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,627

Post#191 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 pm

GTR11 wrote:

Kind of yes I think it's pretty much done deal. Can't see Celtics getting that second seed and Indy still need to figure out how Dipo will progress. As a Celtic fan ( I assume ) you better hope it's Indy instead of Philly. If 6's really figuring it out right now they not the team anyone will be exited to face. They can upset any team imo and I won't be surprised if they do.

I agree with you about not wanting to play Philly in the first round, but the Celtics are only one game behind Toronto in the loss column, with the lead so far in the head-to-head season series.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#192 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:45 pm

GTR11 wrote:

There a game behind Toronto 3 games up on Miami and 5 spots up over Philly. 2 seed very much in play and Philly has been so inconsistent how you can just say with confidence they’ll jump up high enough to play us is blind faith until proven otherwise.

Btw great call on the easy money bet of the clippers last night.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#193 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:47 pm

Absolutely a franchise player. Does that mean he has to be top 5? No but he’s got top 10 potential.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#194 » by GTR11 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:47 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:

No, obviously he's not a superstar right now. If you ask me if Tatum is a franchise player at the moment, then obviously the answer is no.

However, this is schadenfreude for the posters in this thread who are quick to not only say that, but also assert that Tatum was already at his ceiling. Moreover, he's already surpassed the "all star ceiling" that some capped on him. It's a pretty safe bet that he's going to continue making all stars and continue to improve at the age of 21.

Well feel free to disagree with those guys for all I care. All I said is he's not as of right now and there is need for more data to determine that.
You jumping on some posters and call them short-sighted or haters but not taking into consideration the fact he playing in conference where his position in transition right now and therefore he made all star team. Is he an all star in WC? I really doubt that.
This thread asked an opinion, do people think Jason a legit franchise player right? Well clear answer is no as you pointed out yourself. Why would you get angry at other opinions for that matter. He clearly having a good stretch of games going like other players, but that doesn't mean anything yet.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#195 » by GTR11 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:11 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

There a game behind Toronto 3 games up on Miami and 5 spots up over Philly. 2 seed very much in play and Philly has been so inconsistent how you can just say with confidence they’ll jump up high enough to play us is blind faith until proven otherwise.

Btw great call on the easy money bet of the clippers last night.

You guys 1.5 behind Raps and they coming out 15 game win streak. Also they about to get Gasol and Powell back. With you guys missing Brown why should I expect Celtics to catch up.
Indy got almost same strength of schedule as Philly and both been inconsistent. Don't see any reason to reconsider.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#196 » by jfs1000d » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:27 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:

People are mad because Celtics were supposed to take a step back and now are instead unleashed by losing their Vets in Kyire, Horford and Mook.

Also, people are mad the Celtics only missed the playoffs once in the last 12 years but were still able to get top 3 picks in talent in Brown and Tatum. And, they hit on the picks.

Celtics are gonna be a problem for a very long time.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#197 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:28 pm

I think he is a Paul George level franchise talent. That second tier franchise talent after the really big guns. Way better personality than PG13 too.

Boston has something special with him and Brown. The Celtics were slept on hard this year. They are the only team that can push MIL in the East IMO.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#198 » by GTR11 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:59 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:

People are mad because Celtics were supposed to take a step back and now are instead unleashed by losing their Vets in Kyire, Horford and Mook.

Also, people are mad the Celtics only missed the playoffs once in the last 12 years but were still able to get top 3 picks in talent in Brown and Tatum. And, they hit on the picks.

Celtics are gonna be a problem for a very long time.

Question was/is Jason Tatum franchise? As a poll says he's clearly not.
Will Celtics be legit contender? Is a different question. If Danny Ainge wanted to trade up for AD and few others why should we think/ believe this Celtics team is legit. Y'all Celtic fans acting like you butt hurt right now and grasping for relativity. Why won't you guys just fall back and let games show us what this team really is. You guys not even talking about how this team will be looking going forward and how much money y'all will have to work with.
MavfanAus
Analyst
And1: 2,302

Post#199 » by MavfanAus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:01 pm

Should be a third option labeled "potentially". But as of right now? No
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,219

Post#200 » by itrsteve » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:48 pm

What's our definition of "franchise player", it seems similar to MVP where everybody has their own definition.

IMO, it's anybody that you build a team around and pay them for the long haul. It's a guy that you refuse to trade no matter how manny Jimmy Leonards are available. In Boston's case, that's Jaylen and Jayson, they will be the franchise players. Guys like Kemba and Hayward are just there to assist with the development and ensure they know what it's like to win and keep winning but aren't part of the long-term strategy.

Return to The General Board