Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,826

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#421 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:26 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Yea. And Dallas and other destinations wanted him? Since your so good about logistics let me ask has anyone ever of significance ever said I’m going to Milwaukee to play for the bucks in free agency? . Again I realize I’m on dangerous ground here because bucks fans know all about bad ownership up until recently.

So team x messes up and yet he had several places to consider and he chose Boston- yet we lucked into it. Sound logic.

It was lucky for all of the teams that had the chance to pick him up without giving up any assets.

Just like it’s lucky for a franchise that hasn’t accomplished anything ever, whose been ran historically very poorly to find a generational talent from another side of the world with the 13th pick of the nba draft.

The Bucks have already been Champions and that can never be taken away. Giannis was the 15th pick. Lasry/Edens ownership is independent from Kohl ownership
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#422 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:31 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
It was lucky for all of the teams that had the chance to pick him up without giving up any assets.

Just like it’s lucky for a franchise that hasn’t accomplished anything ever, whose been ran historically very poorly to find a generational talent from another side of the world with the 13th pick of the nba draft.

The Bucks have already been Champions and that can never be taken away. Giannis was the 15th pick. Lasry/Edens ownership is independent from Kohl ownership

13, 15, whatever pick he was the point remains. lasry/edens bought the bucks, that includes the bucks ENTIRE history. you got incredible luck drafting giannis and in doing so can erase many of the terrible, poorly, ran decisions that were made by the organization for decades.

Luck is a part of sports. u were lucky u got giannis otherwise you’d still be the trash ass bucks. We got lucky Charlotte didn’t wanna pay kemba. we offered him stability, quality gm, great ownership and a great coach. To be picked by any free agent of worth and one day you’ll find out- you have to create a place that’s desirable. We did.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#423 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:32 pm

skones wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Yea we all know that winning a Championship is the deciding factor for staying, right Toronto?

Do you even hear youself? LMFAO you're delusional

I'm not a Raptors fan, we are screwed in regards to having to face him either way. Just my feeling.

And no i don't hear myself, as I'm typing. So how am i delusional?

People actually thinking that Giannis leaves for Toronto continues to be hilarious. You only have this mountain of evidence and ridiculous consistency as to the person he is, yet some sit there and want to act like he's not a complete unicorn of a player with a unicorn of an upbringing that clashes with the AAU pampering and buddy system these stars who leave have always had. If Milwaukee loses, the line of thinking will not be, "I don't have enough around me" it will be, "I wasn't good enough, I need to get better," because that's how he's wired.

It's fine, you only have about 5 more months of throwing that type of **** against the wall before you all sit down and take your Ls.

Hey man, i don't really care where he ends up lol, made sure to say it was just a feeling, and made sure to say if he leaves.

Think it's either of those teams, and we have to deal with both of them, so sucks for us regardless. I've taken plenty of "L's," adding another won't matter.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#424 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:34 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

13, 15, whatever pick he was the point remains. lasry/edens bought the bucks, that includes the bucks ENTIRE history. you’re got incredible luck drafting giannis and in doing so can erase many of the terrible, poorly, ran decisions that were made by the organization for decades.

Luck is a part of sports. u were lucky u got giannis otherwise you’d still be the trash ass bucks. We got lucky Charlotte didn’t wanna pay him. we offered him stability, quality gm, great ownership and a great coach. To be picked by any free agent of worth and one day you’ll find out- you have to create a place that’s desirable. We did.

Knicks fans can make the same argument about "attractiveness" as a FA destination, but they haven't done anything to *earn it* like you are suggesting. Ditto for the current state of the Bulls.

The Celtics fleeced an awful GM that has been since removed from the league. Don't act like the Celtics made some brilliant picks or have this player development system.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#425 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:36 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Joshyjess wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:Celtics fans coming out of the woodwork. Won't get the whistle like that on every night

Man, I hope you're right. Those whistles were pathetic. It's like the refs made a bet that the Clippers were going to win, and did everything they could to try and make that happen. Hopefully most of the next games, the C's get some friendly whistles. (You know, the kind that Giannis thrives off of).

Talking about Giannis like he is James Harden. Who TF are you kidding? The man does not flop or sell contact, he legitimately gets whacked frequently.

Wait you legitimately think Giannis doesn’t flop or sell contact? The scream like he’s been shot on every drive is just one example of that
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,535

Post#426 » by KGtabake » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:40 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

13, 15, whatever pick he was the point remains. lasry/edens bought the bucks, that includes the bucks ENTIRE history. you’re got incredible luck drafting giannis and in doing so can erase many of the terrible, poorly, ran decisions that were made by the organization for decades.

Luck is a part of sports. u were lucky u got giannis otherwise you’d still be the trash ass bucks. We got lucky Charlotte didn’t wanna pay him. we offered him stability, quality gm, great ownership and a great coach. To be picked by any free agent of worth and one day you’ll find out- you have to create a place that’s desirable. We did.

Knicks fans can make the same argument about "attractiveness" as a FA destination, but they haven't done anything to *earn it* like you are suggesting. Ditto for the current state of the Bulls.

The Celtics fleeced an awful GM that has been since removed from the league. Don't act like the Celtics made some brilliant picks or have this player development system.

Listen friend. I don't know what your problem with our team is and what generated that explotion of yours in these 2 pages.
Can we please talk about Tatum now lol?
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Eye of Horus
Freshman
And1: 121

Post#427 » by Eye of Horus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:40 pm

OK Jason....Just 1 last thing to check off on that prediction of yours. Get it done!
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#428 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:41 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Joshyjess wrote:Man, I hope you're right. Those whistles were pathetic. It's like the refs made a bet that the Clippers were going to win, and did everything they could to try and make that happen. Hopefully most of the next games, the C's get some friendly whistles. (You know, the kind that Giannis thrives off of).

Talking about Giannis like he is James Harden. Who TF are you kidding? The man does not flop or sell contact, he legitimately gets whacked frequently.

Wait you legitimately think Giannis doesn’t flop or sell contact? The scream like he’s been shot on every drive is just one example of that

Noticed you didn't even try to argue flopping because you know you'd look stupid. Good thing you stuck to something arbitrary like shouting
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#429 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:43 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

The problem and disconnect you have my friend lumping us in with the Knicks and clearly grasping at straws while any shred of credibility in your argument evaporates simultaneously is that unlike the Knicks- kemba was a top free agent, Hayward was a top free agent, horford was a top free agent in their respective free agency’s and we landed them. The Knicks haven’t. We did.

Unlike the Knicks (your example) we have a sound ownership, good management and stability so again- no correlation to us. Sorry. Nor do the bulls- sorry again. 0 for 2. You keep bringing up all these moves as “luck” but if it happens several times is it luck? winning multiple trades. Drafting a 21 year old all star in Tatum, another all star caliber player in brown? Hiring the right coach in Stevens (coming from college).

You chalk this all up to luck. Well either the Celtics are just one of the luckiest teams in the league or the reality is; they are run well and they have a desirable location. Where was all this luck for Milwaukee before giannis? It’s not luck, it starts at the top and once or if giannis is gone let’s see if anyone gives a damn about the bucks or if the bucks are even relevant. They won’t be.

Luck is hitting on giannis and while luck does exist in sports- if there’s a repeated track record and resume, it’s not luck. It’s hard work and sound management and as a bucks fan I know that’s a new concept for you that you’re seeing now so I’ll excuse the naïveté
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#430 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:45 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

The problem and disconnect you have my friend lumping us in with the Knicks and clearly grasping at straws while any shred of credibility in your argument evaporates simultaneously is that unlike the Knicks- kemba was a top free agent, Hayward was a top free agent, horford was a top free agent in their respective free agency’s and we landed them. The Knicks haven’t. We did.

Unlike the Knicks (your example) we have a sound ownership, good management and stability so again- no correlation to us. Sorry. Nor do the bulls- sorry again. 0 for 2. You keep bringing up all these moves as “luck” but if it happens several times is it luck? winning multiple trades. Drafting a 21 year old all star in Tatum, another all star caliber player in brown? Hiring the right coach in Stevens (coming from college).

You chalk this all up to luck. Well either the Celtics are just one of the luckiest teams in the league or the reality is; they are run well and they have a desirable location. Where was all this luck for Milwaukee before giannis? It’s not luck, it starts at the top and once or if giannis is gone let’s see if anyone gives a damn about the bucks or if the bucks are even relevant. They won’t be.

Luck is hitting on giannis and while luck does exist in sports- if there’s a repeated track record and resume, it’s not luck. It’s hard work and sound management and as a bucks fan I know that’s a new concept for you that you’re seeing now so I’ll excuse the naïveté

TLDR the Celtics are well managed and everyone else is just lucky; nice rebuttal.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#431 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:49 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

TLDR the Celtics are well managed and everyone else is just lucky; nice rebuttal.

that’s actually the exact opposite of what I wrote but like your bucks last year and in typical fashion I expected our convo to start off hot and then when things got hard you’d disappear.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#432 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:51 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

that’s actually the exact opposite of what I wrote but like your bucks last year and in typical fashion I expected our convo to start off hot and then when things got hard you’d disappear.

AcKtUaLlY stfu geek, your team is dog****

This post and subsequent ones were addressed later in the thread.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#433 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:53 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

TLDR...douchebag says what?
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#434 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

TLDR...douchebag says what?

hold this L when your dog&&&& team gets an early bouncing again
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,535

Post#435 » by KGtabake » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Maybe you guys should stop replying to him. The last 2 pages are a mess.
Shame because this was a great bump.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#436 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:01 pm

KGtabake wrote:Maybe you guys should stop replying to him. The last 2 pages are a mess.

it's a season after he made the prediction, he made that prediction last year when everyone and their Mom had the Celtics as "clear favorites" for having an "ECF team adding Kyrie and Hayward"
subbed sub
Senior
And1: 874

Post#437 » by subbed sub » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:02 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Ugh. Terrible comeback.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#438 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:09 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
KGtabake wrote:Maybe you guys should stop replying to him. The last 2 pages are a mess.

it's a season after he made the prediction, he made that prediction last year when everyone and their Mom had the Celtics as "clear favorites" for having an "ECF team adding Kyrie and Hayward"

Last reply to you as I don’t want this to get locked. But my prediction was right- I said you guys lacked experience and great regular season and srs ratings don’t mean you’ll get to the finals. You didn’t. You beat my Celtics - I was wrong there but the outcome was the same just a round later.

There was no parade last year for you. No banners. Nothing. Just like there wasn’t for us. The bucks beat down Boston but ultimately failed to a team who has been in the post season several times who had added a star who had won before.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#439 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:13 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Last reply to you as I don’t want this to get locked. But my prediction was right- I said you guys lacked experience and great regular season and srs ratings don’t mean you’ll get to the finals. You didn’t. You beat my Celtics - I was wrong there but the outcome was the same just a round later.

There was no parade last year for you. No banners. Nothing. Just like there wasn’t for us. The bucks beat down Boston but ultimately failed to a team who has been in the post season several times who had added a star who had won before.

Jayson Tatum made the "over 20, All-Star, Finals" prediction for the 2018-19 season. He was VERY wrong. I agree that the Bucks lacked experience, as I am not a delusional fan like many of you Boston homers. Tatum is a top 20-25 player not a franchise player. As I said in October, he is a rich mans Rudy Gay and the numbers are aligned with that assessment so far.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#440 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:16 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Jayson Tatum made the "over 20, All-Star, Finals" prediction for the 2018-19 season. He was VERY wrong. I agree that the Bucks lacked experience, as I am not a delusional fan like many of you Boston homers. Tatum is a top 20-25 player not a franchise player. As I said in October, he is a rich mans Rudy Gay and the numbers are aligned with that assessment so far.

That’s wrong. In the video it says he dropped down from the year before from 87-85, that means he was an 87 rating his 2nd year and an 85 entering year 3. They ask what he’ll be the end of this year- he says a 90. That’s the entire point of the video lol

Return to The General Board