Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#441 » by CeltsfaninDC » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:17 pm

Gooner wrote:I wonder how Kemba feels about that.

I'm going with really really good
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#442 » by CeltsfaninDC » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:23 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Green89 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Giannis gets manhandled without calls routinely. Teams actually implement the strategy of hacking as hard and often as possible hoping that they can't possibly call all of them. GTFO of here with that nonsense take

Lou Williams hit that 3 and it should have counted plus the free throw. Game over Clippers win by 1

Only his feet were both planted on the floor and his arms were down when Hayward made contact. That's not a shooting foul.

According to rule 4-41, article 3, the try starts when the player begins their habitual shooting motion. This does not mean they have to be in the air.

and he wasn't..... but thanks for playing
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,842

Post#443 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:26 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Last reply to you as I don’t want this to get locked. But my prediction was right- I said you guys lacked experience and great regular season and srs ratings don’t mean you’ll get to the finals. You didn’t. You beat my Celtics - I was wrong there but the outcome was the same just a round later.

There was no parade last year for you. No banners. Nothing. Just like there wasn’t for us. The bucks beat down Boston but ultimately failed to a team who has been in the post season several times who had added a star who had won before.

Jayson Tatum made the "over 20, All-Star, Finals" prediction for the 2018-19 season. He was VERY wrong. I agree that the Bucks lacked experience, as I am not a delusional fan like many of you Boston homers. Tatum is a top 20-25 player not a franchise player. As I said in October, he is a rich mans Rudy Gay and the numbers are aligned with that assessment so far.

That’s wrong. In the video it says he dropped down from the year before from 87-85, that means he was an 87 rating his 2nd year and an 85 entering year 3. They ask what he’ll be the end of this year- he says a 90. That’s the entire point of the video lol

Then the video is summer of 19 right after losing, I stand corrected. Celtics aren't going to the Finals
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#444 » by jirrit » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:32 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Jayson Tatum made the "over 20, All-Star, Finals" prediction for the 2018-19 season. He was VERY wrong. I agree that the Bucks lacked experience, as I am not a delusional fan like many of you Boston homers. Tatum is a top 20-25 player not a franchise player. As I said in October, he is a rich mans Rudy Gay and the numbers are aligned with that assessment so far.

That’s wrong. In the video it says he dropped down from the year before from 87-85, that means he was an 87 rating his 2nd year and an 85 entering year 3. They ask what he’ll be the end of this year- he says a 90. That’s the entire point of the video lol

Then the video is summer of 19 right after losing, I stand corrected. Celtics aren't going to the Finals

Can you - in the meanwhile - show me the numbers that back up your claim Tatum= Rudy Gay?
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#445 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:36 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Talking about Giannis like he is James Harden. Who TF are you kidding? The man does not flop or sell contact, he legitimately gets whacked frequently.

Wait you legitimately think Giannis doesn’t flop or sell contact? The scream like he’s been shot on every drive is just one example of that

Noticed you didn't even try to argue flopping because you know you'd look stupid. Good thing you stuck to something arbitrary like shouting

Wait so you think Giannis doesn’t flop?

Lol at least try to be objective. That would be like a Rockets fan saying Harden doesn’t flop or sell contact or a Celtics fan saying Smart doesn’t sell contact.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,186

Post#446 » by skones » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:36 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Last reply to you as I don’t want this to get locked. But my prediction was right- I said you guys lacked experience and great regular season and srs ratings don’t mean you’ll get to the finals. You didn’t. You beat my Celtics - I was wrong there but the outcome was the same just a round later.

There was no parade last year for you. No banners. Nothing. Just like there wasn’t for us. The bucks beat down Boston but ultimately failed to a team who has been in the post season several times who had added a star who had won before.

I don't know how you think you get to take the high road when you're sitting there consistently saying the Celtics make one great decision after another and boil ALL of the Milwaukee Bucks recent success down to luck in drafting Giannis when there were plenty of quality decisions made thereafter.

You also don't get to sit there and claim you were right after the fact because they lost a series later, when your argument was entirely predicated on the experience the Celtics had. That's spin, and it makes you look dumb. "I was definitely wrong, but like, they lost, so now I'm going to sit here and try to claim victory anyway." That's not how it works. Your prediction was NOT right.

You're being just as bad as he is.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach

Post#447 » by CeltsfaninDC » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Talking about Giannis like he is James Harden. Who TF are you kidding? The man does not flop or sell contact, he legitimately gets whacked frequently.

Wait you legitimately think Giannis doesn’t flop or sell contact? The scream like he’s been shot on every drive is just one example of that

Noticed you didn't even try to argue flopping because you know you'd look stupid. Good thing you stuck to something arbitrary like shouting

thread derailing???? anyone
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#448 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:39 pm

jirrit wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Can you - in the meanwhile - show me the numbers that back up your claim Tatum= Rudy Gay?

Rudy Gay 21 years old 2nd year player - 20.1 PPG on 51% eFG 78.5% FT 34.6% 3PT and 2/2.2 assist/turnover ratio
(on a better team w/ a better coach) Jayson Tatum 21 years old 3rd year player - 22.4 PPG on 51% eFG 81% FT 38.2% 3PT and 3/2 assist/turnover ratio

can you show me the numbers that separates Tatum as a significantly better player in his 3rd year compared to a 2nd year player? I don't see it here
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#449 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:40 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:

Wait so you think Giannis doesn’t flop?

Lol at least try to be objective. That would be like a Rockets fan saying Harden doesn’t flop or sell contact or a Celtics fan saying Smart doesn’t sell contact.

If Giannis is now a flopper then there isn't a star in the league that isn't a flopper.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,738

Post#450 » by VanWest82 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:41 pm

This bump feels a little premature. Tatum has been on a roll though.
Blaze4G
Pro Prospect
And1: 943

Post#451 » by Blaze4G » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:44 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Blaze4G wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:
Hey I have a question for you- do you ever see particular types of bettors that seem to make money over the long haul?

Understanding that lines are set based on the actual contests themselves but then adjusted as you say, I feel like it's in those swings that serious bettors try to find an edge here and there? I think that's they mean by 'smart money', money that often comes in right as a line is set. I imagine you're only talking say 2 or maybe 3 points at the very most in a NFL game, nothing is going to be big of a swing.

The other type of serious betting I hear about is being an expert on a mid-major level NCAA league. The rationale is that the betting public isn't going to be as knowledgeable and is often going to bet known or sentimental favorites, and it might be easier to find good betting opportunities.

I use to gamble a lot 5 years ago. This is exactly what I did.

My local book would post their lines before USA at 7am each morning. USA would release all their lines at 8am (cant remember the exact times) and my local book wouldn't update until 9am. Their will be a few games with large discrepancies about + or - 5. So what I did for example was, if my local book has Lakers to beat Clippers -6 but I check USA odds and they have it as Lakers -1.

I go in early and bet $150 usd on Clippers +6. Sat and wait until the odds changed and bet $150 USD on Lakers -1. If Lakers won by 2-5, both tickets won profiting $270. If they win by less than 2 or more than 5 then 1 ticket wins and I am only out $15.

This would win more often times than not. For me to lose it would take 19 tries before I lost.

there was once where my local bookie was way off back in 2011 I believe. They had a Grizzlies game over/under 200.5 while USA had it at 176.5. I took all my savings and placed it on under only. Game ended with a total of 163 points. This was back in university so "all my savings" wasn't that much :lol: :lol: roughly $800 usd.

Thanks for the reply! That makes a lot of sense, betting on both sides of that differential. I think for real sports bettors it comes down to stuff like that, and only rarely loading up on huge 1-way bets that you really feel strongly about. I do remember one time being at a book in Vegas during NBA playoffs, the announcers are talking about Charles Barkley being really hurt and barely being able to lift his arm, we all rushed to the counter to bet on the Barkley under for the game until they stopped taking bets on it. The game ended up going to 2OT and the under barely covered.

You're welcome! Lol yeah I've had some bad beats. I remember once in April celtics announced the day of the game they are benching all their starters for rest. I gathered every dime and put it on Hawks to win by 3.5 (oddd moved to -12 a few hours after the announcement at my local bookie. I almost had a heart attack that day. 1 minute left the game was tied. A ton of fouls and timeouts later, hawks won by 4.
NY 567 wrote: that won't change the fact that Tatum is mediocre as hell and that Ainge is dumb enough to give average starters with no upside like Tatum and Brown max contracts. That's worse than Isiah Thomas level dumb
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#452 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:45 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
jirrit wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Rudy Gay 21 years old 2nd year player - 20.1 PPG on 51% eFG 78.5% FT 34.6% 3PT and 2/2.2 assist/turnover ratio
(on a better team w/ a better coach) Jayson Tatum 21 years old 3rd year player - 22.4 PPG on 51% eFG 81% FT 38.2% 3PT and 3/2 assist/turnover ratio

can you show me the numbers that separates Tatum as a significantly better player in his 3rd year compared to a 2nd year player? I don't see it here

Now do defense and advanced stats...
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#453 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:47 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
jirrit wrote:Can you - in the meanwhile - show me the numbers that back up your claim Tatum= Rudy Gay?

Now put Rudy Gay on a winning team instead of a 22-60 squad in the West
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,664

Post#454 » by Green89 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:49 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
jirrit wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Gay averaged a full 3 more minutes per game that season. Also was nowhere near the defender Tatum is. Stupid to even compare the two. Gay was never an all star his entire career. Ridiculous comparison.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#455 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:49 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
jirrit wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Tatum is more efficient, a significantly better shooter from distance which better spaces the floor, a stronger rebounder, a better passer, better at getting to the FT line and just a world of a better defender.

Stylistically, theyre nothing similar. Gay got his points by being a fantastic athlete while Tatum gets his by skill and footwork.

I know youre trolling, but youre just going to have to do better.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#456 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:50 pm

skones wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

I don't know how you think you get to take the high road when you're sitting there consistently saying the Celtics make one great decision after another and boil ALL of the Milwaukee Bucks recent success down to luck in drafting Giannis when there were plenty of quality decisions made thereafter.

You also don't get to sit there and claim you were right after the fact because they lost a series later, when your argument was entirely predicated on the experience the Celtics had. That's spin, and it makes you look dumb. "I was definitely wrong, but like, they lost, so now I'm going to sit here and try to claim victory anyway." That's not how it works. Your prediction was NOT right.

You're being just as bad as he is.

I never said they make one great decision after the other.i said luck is involved in all aspects of sports but when a team has a successful track record of successful trades or drafting or both - it’s not just luck. Teams make mistakes all the time, great gm’s whiff all the time it’s part of the business. Luck was brought into the equation by someone else saying all the Celtics have done is “luck” or “fleeced times”.

I said several times - I was wrong about the Celtics bucks series. Bucks kicked our ass, however in the end all that srs ratings and great records u were breaking meant nothing in the playoffs. You lost to a team with more experience and like I predicted teams generally don’t just go from never winning a playoff series to winning a championship or a finals appearance without going through the rigors.

You didn’t win. You can take all the victory laps for beating the Celtics. Kudos. I was wrong about our series. I was right however that eventually your team lacked the post season experience needed to win it all and your team needed a deep run in the playoffs 1st like most eventual champions do.

U didn’t win anything last year but I’m willing to bet that learning experience gained last seas9n was beneficial for all including giannis. You went home a round later- your inexperience was a factor. Cry about it.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#457 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:50 pm

Green89 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
jirrit wrote:Can you - in the meanwhile - show me the numbers that back up your claim Tatum= Rudy Gay?

Gay averaged a full 3 more minutes per game that season. Also was nowhere near the defender Tatum is. Stupid to even compare the two. Gay was never an all star his entire career. Ridiculous comparison.

Rudy Gay also didn't have multiple All-Star caliber running mates or a top 3 coach. His team won 22 games in 07-08 and 24 games in 08-09. Gay was the #1 option offensively.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#458 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:51 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Tatum is more efficient, a significantly better shooter from distance which better spaces the floor, a stronger rebounder, a better passer, better at getting to the FT line and just a world of a better defender.

Stylistically, theyre nothing similar. Gay got his points by being a fantastic athlete while Tatum gets his by skill and footwork.

I know youre trolling, but youre just going to have to do better.

Again, Tatum gets significantly better circumstances to produce than Gay.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#459 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Now put Rudy Gay on a winning team instead of a 22-60 squad in the West

They were bad because of Rudy Gay. Stop ignoring that.

Gay made the Grizz 7.2 points per 100 possessions worse when he was on the court relative to being off of it. Tatum makes the Celtics 12.2 points per 100 possessions better.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#460 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 pm

Also, I said Tatum is a better version of Gay. His numbers are marginally better than Gay at the some point of development

Return to The General Board