Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#501 » by jason bourne » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:00 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:This is one of pukey threads that people need to puke and poop on all over. I saw Michael, Kobe, LeBron, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Hakeem, Curry, Klay, Draymond, KD, Duncan, Stockton, Malone, and other top NBA greatest players of all-time LIVE. They are players who are woth buying tickets and paying the cost of admission to see.

What happened with Jayson Tatum was that Kawhi was taking a load management night. Today's players like Tatum and Ben Simmons are not worth the price of admission. They just are not exceptional players. They and their fans think they are stars based on one game. They just do not come through the tv or device screen to grab our imaginations. While Kawhi is certainly not a top NBA player of all-time due to load management, but he will make mincemeat of Tatum next time they meet. Kawhi just needed some load management time and will power bomb Tatum next time into the toilet bowl and flush him down.

Was Kawhi load-managing earlier this year when they played on national TV and Tatum had 30 pts on 12-24 shooting?

Puhleeze, this should not turn into those Celtics fans love fest for Jayson Tatum just because of two decent games he had over Kawhi. This thread sounds like Tatum thinks he should be a NBA video game hero. I don't know about that, but in the real game he hasn't done enough to get to the next level. I'm sure Kawhi and other players will find ways to shut him down and dunk his face in the turlet bowl. I think he and Ben Simmons are comparable young players. Tatum will be 22 soon.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#502 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:06 pm

jason bourne wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:This is one of pukey threads that people need to puke and poop on all over. I saw Michael, Kobe, LeBron, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Hakeem, Curry, Klay, Draymond, KD, Duncan, Stockton, Malone, and other top NBA greatest players of all-time LIVE. They are players who are woth buying tickets and paying the cost of admission to see.

What happened with Jayson Tatum was that Kawhi was taking a load management night. Today's players like Tatum and Ben Simmons are not worth the price of admission. They just are not exceptional players. They and their fans think they are stars based on one game. They just do not come through the tv or device screen to grab our imaginations. While Kawhi is certainly not a top NBA player of all-time due to load management, but he will make mincemeat of Tatum next time they meet. Kawhi just needed some load management time and will power bomb Tatum next time into the toilet bowl and flush him down.

Was Kawhi load-managing earlier this year when they played on national TV and Tatum had 30 pts on 12-24 shooting?

Puhleeze, this should not turn into those Celtics fans love fest for Jayson Tatum just because of two decent games he had over Kawhi. This thread sounds like Tatum thinks he should be a NBA video game hero. I don't know about that, but in the real game he hasn't done enough to get to the next level. I'm sure Kawhi and other players will find ways to shut him down and dunk his face in the turlet bowl. I think he and Ben Simmons are comparable young players. Tatum will be 22 soon.

Sure but to take away credit from Tatum because he had a better game than Kawhi is disingenuous. Kawhi wasn’t load managing or resting - just flat out didn’t play that well.

We all know playoffs is different.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#503 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:13 pm

skones wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
I never said they make one great decision after the other.i said luck is involved in all aspects of sports but when a team has a successful track record of successful trades or drafting or both - it’s not just luck. Teams make mistakes all the time, great gm’s whiff all the time it’s part of the business. Luck was brought into the equation by someone else saying all the Celtics have done is “luck” or “fleeced times”.

I said several times - I was wrong about the Celtics bucks series. Bucks kicked our ass, however in the end all that srs ratings and great records u were breaking meant nothing in the playoffs. You lost to a team with more experience and like I predicted teams generally don’t just go from never winning a playoff series to winning a championship or a finals appearance without going through the rigors.

You didn’t win. You can take all the victory laps for beating the Celtics. Kudos. I was wrong about our series. I was right however that eventually your team lacked the post season experience needed to win it all and your team needed a deep run in the playoffs 1st like most eventual champions do.

U didn’t win anything last year but I’m willing to bet that learning experience gained last seas9n was beneficial for all including giannis. You went home a round later- your inexperience was a factor. Cry about it.

TLDR, "despite my being wrong, I'm going to move goalposts and still claim that I'm right just because the thing I'm doing it with is unquantifiable and it's easy to hide behind." There are reasons the Bucks lost that series, none of them were "because they were out-experienced."

We didn't win, I know that. I'm not sitting here making excuses for losing like you are for being pretty blatantly wrong last year and still finding a way to claim a W.

but k.

Except your cherry picking my argument and making it only about the Celtics. I said several times- you guys weren’t gonna win it all because of not only experience but your role players were overrated. You guys told me but but but the srs says we are historically great blah blah blah.

You lost to a better more experienced team and once again teams who haven’t won a round together don’t just go to the finals. Like I predicted.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,729

Post#504 » by VanWest82 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:21 pm

Green89 wrote:

Wait, so now there's load management when you don't play, and another type of load management when you play and get your ass served to you on a platter? :lol: yah, ofk

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Things that weren't included in those tweets:

1. In those 33 partial possessions Boston only scored 31 points or ~93 points per 100 poss. In the remaining 92 possessions when Tatum wasn't being guarded by Kawhi Boston scored 110 points or ~119 points per 100 poss. Seems like they did much better when Kawhi was no where near Tatum.

2. Even though Kawhi started many possessions guarding Tatum, Celtics did everything they could to generate a switch so Tatum could do his damage vs. Lou WIlliams or Shamet. They had lots of success doing that. I suspect that might have gone a little differently had Beverley or PG been on the receiving end of those switches. It takes a team to defend in today's NBA.

3. Tatum was marvelous and deserves credit. He's totally worth the price of admission.
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,586

Post#505 » by ajones9219 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:24 pm

jason bourne wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:

Jayson Tatum: plays at all nba level most of the year

Jason bourne: dude had two good games! Weak
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#506 » by jason bourne » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:27 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:

Sure but to take away credit from Tatum because he had a better game than Kawhi is disingenuous. Kawhi wasn’t load managing or resting - just flat out didn’t play that well.

We all know playoffs is different.

The media is pimping Jayson Tatum all over now and ignoring the playoffs. I understand they want to get eyeballs. Yes, the playoffs will be different.

That said, it will be interesting to watch after the All-Star break as the Celtics with their breakout star try to take second place away from the Raptors. They will also have to hold off the Heat. I don't think the Sixers and Pacers can make a run, but they can't be counted out at this point. Either team can catch fiyah.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#507 » by Green89 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:40 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:Celtics fans coming out of the woodwork. Won't get the whistle like that on every night

Ironic coming from a Giannis fan...

What calls did Boston get last night to be so one sided? Did you watch the first half with Kawhi and Harrell’s free throws?

Giannis gets manhandled without calls routinely. Teams actually implement the strategy of hacking as hard and often as possible hoping that they can't possibly call all of them. GTFO of here with that nonsense take

Lou Williams hit that 3 and it should have counted plus the free throw. Game over Clippers win by 1

Too bad the league doesn't agree with you on the Lou Williams foul. Contact was completely before the shooting motion. Saw it and knew it live, then got further proof from the replay, and now the league confirms it.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0021900818
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#508 » by jimmy keys » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:46 pm

Tatum is nice. He would make my list of top 10 guys to build around moving forward. Future is bright for him no doubt.
juju14
Pro Prospect
And1: 389

Post#509 » by juju14 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:52 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
jirrit wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Then the video is summer of 19 right after losing, I stand corrected. Celtics aren't going to the Finals

Can you - in the meanwhile - show me the numbers that back up your claim Tatum= Rudy Gay?

Rudy Gay 21 years old 2nd year player - 20.1 PPG on 51% eFG 78.5% FT 34.6% 3PT and 2/2.2 assist/turnover ratio
(on a better team w/ a better coach) Jayson Tatum 21 years old 3rd year player - 22.4 PPG on 51% eFG 81% FT 38.2% 3PT and 3/2 assist/turnover ratio

can you show me the numbers that separates Tatum as a significantly better player in his 3rd year compared to a 2nd year player? I don't see it here

What about defemse? Is he a top wing defender? Why didnt you post TS%?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,184

Post#510 » by skones » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:56 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
TLDR, "despite my being wrong, I'm going to move goalposts and still claim that I'm right just because the thing I'm doing it with is unquantifiable and it's easy to hide behind." There are reasons the Bucks lost that series, none of them were "because they were out-experienced."

We didn't win, I know that. I'm not sitting here making excuses for losing like you are for being pretty blatantly wrong last year and still finding a way to claim a W.

but k.

Except your cherry picking my argument and making it only about the Celtics. I said several times- you guys weren’t gonna win it all because of not only experience but your role players were overrated. You guys told me but but but the srs says we are historically great blah blah blah.

You lost to a better more experienced team and once again teams who haven’t won a round together don’t just go to the finals. Like I predicted.[/quote]

LOL, you're still going. 2nd time you've responded to that post, you do you, keep planting that "I'm RIGHT!" flag out of insecurity.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#511 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:01 am

skones wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

but k.

You lost to a better more experienced team and once again teams who haven’t won a round together don’t just go to the finals. Like I predicted.

LOL, you're still going. 2nd time you've responded to that post, you do you, keep planting that "I'm RIGHT!" flag out of insecurity.[/quote]

Insecurity.....bucks fans know about that- bc only insecure fans would Justify how good they are by talking about srs ratings which mean nothing without the ring.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,830

Post#512 » by Karate Diop » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:14 am

Tatum's the one prospect on the Celtics worthy of the hype. He's not Carson Edwards, Robert Williams type garbage...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using RealGM mobile app
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,184

Post#514 » by skones » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:24 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
skones wrote:

but k.

Insecurity.....bucks fans know about that- bc only insecure fans would Justify how good they are by talking about srs ratings which mean nothing without the ring.

Go ahead and look up "projecting."
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#515 » by SMTBSI » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:31 am

skones wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Except your cherry picking my argument and making it only about the Celtics. I said several times- you guys weren’t gonna win it all because of not only experience but your role players were overrated. You guys told me but but but the srs says we are historically great blah blah blah.

LOL, you're still going. 2nd time you've responded to that post, you do you, keep planting that "I'm RIGHT!" flag out of insecurity.

This is how you know you've lost an argument: dropping all pretense to actually addressing the topic and only trying to rile up the poster.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#516 » by Kalela » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:33 am

Karate Diop wrote:Tatum's the one prospect on the Celtics worthy of the hype. He's not Carson Edwards, Robert Williams type garbage...

Robert Williams can be a very useful player. He is a super athlete and he has great vision and passing ability too. If he can stay healthy he can be another DeAndre Jordan/Capela type of center. Probably better because of his passing/play-making ability.
Fire Mazzulla
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#517 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:48 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Green89 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Rudy Gay also didn't have multiple All-Star caliber running mates or a top 3 coach. His team won 22 games in 07-08 and 24 games in 08-09. Gay was the #1 option offensively.

So, having all star running mates makes you an all star, or not having them prevents you? :lol: You're also blowing your own argument with your own words. Saying Gay was a number one option and the fact he couldn't generate more PPG and make even one all star teams speaks volumes.

Again, I said Tatum is better than Gay. I said that Tatum's ceiling is the Jimmy Butler/Paul George type, you can quote me from October in this very thread stating that. So far, Tatum has not proven he is even on the Butler/PG13 level

Obviously having a better team makes it easier on you, don't be stupid.

Tatum is playing on a far, far HIGHER level than either of George and Butler. George is a good comp, but Tatum already looks physically stronger at ~ 22 years of age, also much better on offense and one of the best defenders in the game. Tbh, Tatum's done more at 22 than Giannis. Giannis' rise was due to eating horse meat. I'm not saying Tatum will be better than Giannis, but he's definitely better than Giannis at 22. He's had more success in virtually everything.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#518 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:48 am

Kalela wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:Tatum's the one prospect on the Celtics worthy of the hype. He's not Carson Edwards, Robert Williams type garbage...

Robert Williams can be a very useful player. He is a super athlete and he has great vision and passing ability too. If he can stay healthy he can be another DeAndre Jordan/Capela type of center. Probably better because of his passing/play-making ability.

He's baiting. Dang, how I want to have Bobby back, tho... Hurts not having him.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,490

Post#519 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:59 am

jason bourne wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:

Are you serious with this? We just had threads about Terrance Davis and Furkan Korkmon because they had a few decent games. Tatum has had much more than "two decent games over Kawhi." This thread def deserves to get bumped with all the people that hated on the kid. Where are Prokerov and Everdiso anyways?
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,832

Post#520 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:05 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Green89 wrote:
So, having all star running mates makes you an all star, or not having them prevents you? :lol: You're also blowing your own argument with your own words. Saying Gay was a number one option and the fact he couldn't generate more PPG and make even one all star teams speaks volumes.

Again, I said Tatum is better than Gay. I said that Tatum's ceiling is the Jimmy Butler/Paul George type, you can quote me from October in this very thread stating that. So far, Tatum has not proven he is even on the Butler/PG13 level

Obviously having a better team makes it easier on you, don't be stupid.

Tatum is playing on a far, far HIGHER level than either of George and Butler. George is a good comp, but Tatum already looks physically stronger at ~ 22 years of age, also much better on offense and one of the best defenders in the game. Tbh, Tatum's done more at 22 than Giannis. Giannis' rise was due to eating horse meat. I'm not saying Tatum will be better than Giannis, but he's definitely better than Giannis at 22. He's had more success in virtually everything.

congrats on Tatum being better at 22 than Giannis at 22, I hope you cherish that sentiment.

Return to The General Board