ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,021

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy 

Post#641 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:07 pm

gom wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:I've been thinking about moves to make us a legit contenders. I've got 2 in mind.

1) Iggy + Kelly + Herro + Nunn + 2020 pick

For

Bradley Beal.

I love Herro, but considering Jimmy's age - i can see the logic of going all in right now with the more ready proven Beal.

2) Bam + KZ + DJJ + Dragic

For

J. Emmbid

I don't love this move honestly, but one can argue we'll have a higher ceiling with Embbid on board.

If you make both trade we're left with :

PG : Tyler Johnson / G.Vincent
SG : B.Beal / Ring chaser
SF : Butler/ Ring chaser
PF : D.Robinson/ Ring chaser
C : Embbid / Silva

So we'll have probably the best starting 5 in the league, with a very questionable bench. We'll need to find some old ring chasers and G-leaguers that can help the bench for minimum salaries.

But this team will be deadly if healthy.

Thoughts? I'm thinking maybe trade #1 will be enough.

In on the Beal trade. Pass on the Bam for Embiid. We are just starting to learn what Bam can do. Also, did you sign TJ? Really?

I prefer signing Anthony Davis to Beal or Embiid. In my dreamworld he's the reported disgruntled star. Bam+Butler+Davis and crush.

If we play our cards right and take advantage of acquisitions through 2020 and 2021 available cap/free agency versus trading away young assets... can’t we potentially have a core of Nunn/Butler/Giannis/Bam/AD/Herro/Duncan/KZ?

That is a deep team with young legs, prime time players, and veteran dogs. If we can somehow convince Dragic and Crowder to stick around on a pipe dream Vet min or MLE type deal, that is a thorough, versatile,positionless, two-way team at every position!

Nunn/Dragic
Butler/Herro /Crowder
Giannis/Butler/Robinson/KZ
Bam/Giannis/Robinson/KZ
AD/Bam/Giannis

We can go big and small and still be dominant no matter what on both ends of the floor. I know the numbers are close, and haven’t crunched them enough to be sure, but I think we are in shooting range of this being a real chance!
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#642 » by gom » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:13 pm

Nope. I don't see how you would do that, but I'm all ears... or at least eyes. Tell me how you do it and stay cap legal.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,458

Post#643 » by Bishop45 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:20 pm

You're not sniffing Beal without Bam
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#644 » by gom » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:53 pm

Bishop45 wrote:You're not sniffing Beal without Bam

But if AD is willing, you can get AD+Butler+Bam just as I posted. I can't even imagine the hate we would get. Like old times.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,434

Post#645 » by MartyConlonJr » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:56 pm

I know we sit around talking about Jimmy's window and getting 'now' players like Beal and Embiid with our youth like Herro and Bam, but I wonder what Jimmy would say about that?

He LOVES these two guys. You saw that note earlier about Bam breaking all the gym records and Jimmy has been gushing about Tyler from day 1. Jimmy loves coming in to work with these guys because of that dedication to fitness and getting better.

Does he care about super teams? Does he care about giving himself a slight leg up with more ready guys? I think he is all in on the process and these guys growth. I can imagine Riley still making these trades, but I don't think it will be to placate Jimmy. He is as happy as he's ever been.

Do Beal and Embiid seem like 'Heat' players in that way. I recall John Wall having beef with Beal about doing the work after getting the money - it sounded like he was questioning his ethic though Beal has obviously gotten better since then.

Embiid doesn't seem particularly like he has improved at all year to year - his per36 numbers seem pretty much in the ballpark of each other all 4 years. In most categories he is slightly worse. Of course, it was a high base, and some of his struggles may be team fit, but it doesn't seem like he is a guy getting progressively better year on year. Of course I haven't watched more than a couple Philly games all year so eye test may be different. And Jimmy seems to like him so I assume he has Jimmy's stamp in terms of work ethic.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#646 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:58 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:I've been thinking about moves to make us a legit contenders. I've got 2 in mind.

1) Iggy + Kelly + Herro + Nunn + 2020 pick

For

Bradley Beal.

I love Herro, but considering Jimmy's age - i can see the logic of going all in right now with the more ready proven Beal.

2) Bam + KZ + DJJ + Dragic

For

J. Emmbid

I don't love this move honestly, but one can argue we'll have a higher ceiling with Embbid on board.

If you make both trade we're left with :

PG : Tyler Johnson / G.Vincent
SG : B.Beal / Ring chaser
SF : Butler/ Ring chaser
PF : D.Robinson/ Ring chaser
C : Embbid / Silva

So we'll have probably the best starting 5 in the league, with a very questionable bench. We'll need to find some old ring chasers and G-leaguers that can help the bench for minimum salaries.

But this team will be deadly if healthy.

Thoughts? I'm thinking maybe trade #1 will be enough.

With Nunn's play tapering off and potential question marks on Herro's health that offer probably isn't enough to pry Beal. Not to mention that pick will be outside of the lottery. Yet another reason the Winslow trade was so perplexing to me, lost out on a more palatable trade chip for Iguodala and Jae Crowder.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,725

Post#647 » by AirP. » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Can someone listen to the most recent "Lowe Post" that's titled All-Star Bam Adebayo Heats up Miami and post a synopsis of it? I really like the Lowe Post but they're once again doing some weird format where someone asks him a question and then he answers but this format(at least in the past) throws in music and sounds and I just can't listen to that. I wish there was an indication that it was this special format so I didn't give them another download(to show some people hate this particular format).
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,725

Post#648 » by AirP. » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:36 pm

Read on Twitter
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie

Post#649 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:05 pm

gom wrote:Nope. I don't see how you would do that, but I'm all ears... or at least eyes. Tell me how you do it and stay cap legal.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

Hey gom, you linked the cba document that lists over 120 points. Can you narrow it down to which you are referring to. It’s like saying please see all volume 1 of the encyclopedia and then not even reference what exactly you want me to see within those thousands of pages. Also, I know it fairly well, although memory is a bit vague since last time I read it was in 2014 and have not kept up with nuisances and changes since then. With that said, based on https://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami_heat/

Even including Anderson’s dumb stretch, we have 65mil on the books next season, plus a few mil in roster spot holds. Roughly 70 mil. Don’t sign DJJ, and ship off KO and FRP for a future FRP and you are looking at 57 mil on the books.(edit: forgot about iggy’s 17 mil pushing us to 74 mil and 41 mil in free cap). Plenty of space for AD this summer.

Fast forward to 2021...

We currently project to have 43mil with a QO for Bam. Make it 48mil with cap holds for Nunn and Robinson. And let’s say we have AD sitting at 35mil(not sure what his hold or amount would be). We now only have holds for 3 empty spots so let’s round up and say an extra 38 mil between AD and 3 cap holds. We are looking at 86 mil in salary going into 2021.

So far going into 2021 free agency we have:
AD/Bam/Butler/Herro/Nunn/Duncan/KZ/And Silva in tow.

That is 29mil away from a 115 mil cap, but projections predict 125 mil, or 39 mil in salary cap for us. We are one Silva trade away from 40 mil.

Let me be clear, I made several estimates along the way, but point is, we are in shooting range of all this and Giannis!
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie

Post#650 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:11 pm

The Dragic and Crowder piece is where I truly stretched myself thin... can we really convince them to stick around next year with the scraps AD leaves behind and then ask them to take a vet min in 2021? Getting the other two big names are just the type of Andy Big-E number crunching special!
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,735

Post#651 » by DayofMourning » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:29 pm

We will be getting AD via trade. That's how Riles does it. What will LA be getting back to entice them to help us this offseason?
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie

Post#652 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:26 pm

DayofMourning wrote:We will be getting AD via trade. That's how Riles does it. What will LA be getting back to entice them to help us this offseason?

Best I would do is KO and our FRP... we can even sign and trade DJJ if they would like. If we have the cap to sign AD outright... no need to give away assets that help us in the future.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,967

Post#653 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:57 pm

DayofMourning wrote:We will be getting AD via trade. That's how Riles does it. What will LA be getting back to entice them to help us this offseason?
sorry not happening with cabron there
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,735

Post#654 » by DayofMourning » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
sorry not happening with cabron there

Maybe right. Early playoff exit and the thought of playing with a 36 year old LeBron next year could change his opinion.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#655 » by JLop » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:14 pm

I don't see Anthony Davis changing teams next season. With the unfortunate events of Kobe Bryant and after all that the Lakers gave New Orleans, what makes sense for his career is to sign a 1 + 1 (a two-year contract with a player option in the second season) to become a free agent in 2021. People also seem to forget that Rudy Gobert will be a free agent in 2021. Miami will have many players that can score and Gobert is a monster in defense. To acquire Gobert, all we need is to send Bam to Utah in 2021 without losing any other player (a sign-and-trade). I wouldn't be very surprised if that's the plan. If this is really the plan, we can also pursue Victor Oladipo, who is also a free agent in 2021.

Rudy Gobert
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Jimmy Butler
Duncan Robinson
Victor Oladipo

Tyler Herro
Kendrick Nunn
KZ Okpala
Derrick Jones Jr. (not sure if we can keep him)
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#656 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:42 pm

JLop wrote:

I don't see Anthony Davis changing teams next season. With the unfortunate events of Kobe Bryant and after all that the Lakers gave New Orleans, what makes sense for his career is to sign a 1 + 1 (a two-year contract with a player option in the second season) to become a free agent in 2021. People also seem to forget that Rudy Gobert will be a free agent in 2021. Miami will have many players that can score and Gobert is a monster in defense. To acquire Gobert, all we need is to send Bam to Utah in 2021 without losing any other player (a sign-and-trade). I wouldn't be very surprised if that's the plan. If this is really the plan, we can also pursue Victor Oladipo, who is also a free agent in 2021.

Rudy Gobert
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Jimmy Butler
Duncan Robinson
Victor Oladipo

Tyler Herro
Kendrick Nunn
KZ Okpala
Derrick Jones Jr. (not sure if we can keep him)

Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#657 » by Majestic7 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:57 pm

The Atlanta GT is locked so I'll put this here. Seems Herro may not be ready to play on the 20th.

Read on Twitter
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#658 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:12 am

Open up the GT thread. Smh.
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#659 » by Majestic7 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:07 am

A real Prez weighs in on Herro. :thumbsup:

Read on Twitter
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#660 » by goodboy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:10 am

Majestic7 wrote:The Atlanta GT is locked so I'll put this here. Seems Herro may not be ready to play on the 20th.

Read on Twitter

demon doesnt want me to shine
Bright

Return to Miami Heat