Golden State Warriors Win The Draft Lottery And Trade For Joel Embiid...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Re: Golden State Warriors Win The Draft Lottery And Trade For Joel Embiid... 

Post#41 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:53 am

Warriorfan wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:
Would you to add a superstar. Curry offerred to give a discount on previous contract .

Plus Steph and Klay are sons of a millionaires so different

The post I replied to was you trying to show a precedent. I just was showing the difference there and how none are similar at all to what you’re suggesting Curry do..

Now this one? Revisionist.

So Curry signed for a “discount”... You mean his first extension? This was not a discount. This was Curry securing himself because of his ankles.

It was very public knowledge that GS wouldn’t give him the max unless he stayed healthy the entire season. And he choose to sign at a lesser amount as a way to secure his future.

It worked out to be the best non-rookie contract in the history of the league. But it wasn’t Curry doing the Warriors a favor.

And that has been public knowledge for a few years.. Like 7 of them now..

And I really don’t feel a need to respond to straws about Curry/Thompson’s parents. That has absolutely nothing to do with either of those players. I guarantee you neither one of the Warrior’s have needed to ask their parents for money in a few years.

You are incorrect

No, that's all pretty correct.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Post#42 » by Def Leppard » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:57 am

Dont make sense either way I feel

Sent from my BBE100-5 using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,499

Post#43 » by jayjaysee » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:57 am

Warriorfan wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:
Would you to add a superstar. Curry offerred to give a discount on previous contract .

Plus Steph and Klay are sons of a millionaires so different

The post I replied to was you trying to show a precedent. I just was showing the difference there and how none are similar at all to what you’re suggesting Curry do..

Now this one? Revisionist.

So Curry signed for a “discount”... You mean his first extension? This was not a discount. This was Curry securing himself because of his ankles.

It was very public knowledge that GS wouldn’t give him the max unless he stayed healthy the entire season. And he choose to sign at a lesser amount as a way to secure his future.

It worked out to be the best non-rookie contract in the history of the league. But it wasn’t Curry doing the Warriors a favor.

And that has been public knowledge for a few years.. Like 7 of them now..

And I really don’t feel a need to respond to straws about Curry/Thompson’s parents. That has absolutely nothing to do with either of those players. I guarantee you neither one of the Warrior’s have needed to ask their parents for money in a few years.

You are incorrect

Enlighten me.

But some light reading before you do;

https://theathletic.com/142451/2017/10/31/thompson-five-years-ago-steph-curry-signed-the-contract-that-set-up-a-dynasty/

Just some details from a pretty decent journalist that knows more about basketball than you or I.. And some quotes from Curry and his agent..

But they are incorrect?
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#44 » by kuclas » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:17 am

It would be darn impossible to stop golden state with Embiid. The key to stopping Embiid is
1. Letting him tire out

Or cheat double team off simmons.

With Klay and steph on the wings to throw it back out. Teams will be so stressed not to sag in. As good as Marc Gasol is against Embiid. If you watch Toronto play. Gasol gets a ton of help once Embiid actually gets within 8 feet of the basket. All Embiid has to do his either attack or pass it out.

Now he may still he low IQ at times but he’s not stupid. He will pass it out once the actual double team comes. I’d trust Embiid knows Klay or steph have a lot better chance at making the shot than Tobias Harris (see game 4 Mother’s Day Sixers lost to raptors where Harris missed wide open 3 pointer with 45 seconds left down 94-90 game. That’s how the series was lost. Sixers go up 3-1. It’s over.

I think it will take some type of 3 way team to get Embiid over to golden state.

Would involve Bradley Beal going to Sixers plus overall number 1.

Wiggins goes to wizards plus multiple assets including unprotected future 1st round picks from both Sixers and golden state.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#45 » by azwfan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:00 am

kuclas wrote:It would be darn impossible to stop golden state with Embiid. The key to stopping Embiid is
1. Letting him tire out

Or cheat double team off simmons.

With Klay and steph on the wings to throw it back out. Teams will be so stressed not to sag in. As good as Marc Gasol is against Embiid. If you watch Toronto play. Gasol gets a ton of help once Embiid actually gets within 8 feet of the basket. All Embiid has to do his either attack or pass it out.

Now he may still he low IQ at times but he’s not stupid. He will pass it out once the actual double team comes. I’d trust Embiid knows Klay or steph have a lot better chance at making the shot than Tobias Harris (see game 4 Mother’s Day Sixers lost to raptors where Harris missed wide open 3 pointer with 45 seconds left down 94-90 game. That’s how the series was lost. Sixers go up 3-1. It’s over.

I think it will take some type of 3 way team to get Embiid over to golden state.

Would involve Bradley Beal going to Sixers plus overall number 1.

Wiggins goes to wizards plus multiple assets including unprotected future 1st round picks from both Sixers and golden state.

Not sure why the Sixers are trading Embiid, but as long as he's healthy count this GSW poster in! :D
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#46 » by NoZoLakers » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:39 pm

Warriorfan wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:Id gamble GS can hit the right lottery guys.
Plus that Wiggins can improve on D/ efficiency

2022 GS will have a max salary slot with a trade of Wiggins and 34 yo Curry playing for MLE

:lol: good luck with that.

See Duncan Manu and Parker plus its only 1 year

See Payton, Malone see Dirk

see Iggy 15mill deal at age 36 having not played for almost half the season and showing clear signs of decline, see lebron getting max $ at age 33
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#47 » by jimmy keys » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:26 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
:lol: good luck with that.

see Iggy 15mill deal at age 36 having not played for almost half the season and showing clear signs of decline, see lebron getting max $ at age 33

Not to mention Curry was vastly underpaid during his 2nd contract. I guess you never know, but it doesn't seem likely he'd accept the midlevel @ 34. I give it >1% chance of it happening.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#48 » by gambitx777 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:29 am

Maybe no max money but he's gonna be getting high teens mid 20s for sure
jimmy keys wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:

Not to mention Curry was vastly underpaid during his 2nd contract. I guess you never know, but it doesn't seem likely he'd accept the midlevel @ 34. I give it >1% chance of it happening.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#49 » by BoogieTime » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:32 am

Embiid has arguable impact on the court

But he is one step away. He’s not in good shape and doesn’t take care of himself. Centers like that don’t always last. Meaning he could get injured next week or only have a few more seasons of elevated play.

Some of these packages are generous. A number 1 pick has his career ahead of him
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#50 » by GutUNC » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:54 am

BoogieTime wrote:Embiid has arguable impact on the court

But he is one step away. He’s not in good shape and doesn’t take care of himself. Centers like that don’t always last. Meaning he could get injured next week or only have a few more seasons of elevated play.

Some of these packages are generous. A number 1 pick has his career ahead of him

If we're just going to be intellectually dishonest, then what's the point?
GDTBATH

Return to Trades and Transactions