MJ VS LEBRON VS WHOEVER THREAD

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Re: Reminder: Russell is 11- Kareem is 6-4, MJ's only 6-0. 

Post#301 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Im sure MJ and Lebron would both have more rings if they played in an 8 team league where most of the talent was concentrated onto 1 team.

So would Russell, had he played in that fictional universe.

Well, 1 or 2 more championships. :)

he did. in '57 there were 8 teams. 5 of them with losing records. only one team over .550

I was referring to the claim that "most of the talent was concentrated" onto the Celtics.

That said, for the couple of years that Russell and Heinsohn were in the league and Wilt, West, Baylor, Robertson et al. weren't, the Celtics talent was indeed a nicely large minority of the whole.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: LeBron Vs. Jordan Debate - Scientific FACTS 

Post#302 » by Stillwater » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:55 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:FACTS
MJ is the GOAT

LeBron is right there in the discussions on who's the #2

Not really and a lot of smart people are in disagreement either way .If you want to understand the argument against MJ
Read this : https://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/michael-jordan-lebron-james-nba-finals-playoffs-perfect-record-greatest-all-time-052617

Article was awful.

He's not the GOAT because he took 18 months off? That makes him look much better that he had a shorter career, took time off and still 3 peated again.

Then they said he also had Scottie Pippen. Well Lebron didn't win until he teamed up with Wade and Bosh and then Irving and Love.

Never faced a great adversary? Stockton and Malone were one of the greatest duo's in NBA history. Barkley, Johnson and Marjerle was a really good trio. Payton and Kemp were one of the best duo's of the 1990s. Magic, Divac, Worthy was still a great Lakers team in 1991.

Really weak arguments.

Facts support your takes as false
Here is the guy who basically made mj
capable of being undefeated saying LeBron has passed him by...
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#303 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:59 am

SecondTake wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
SecondTake wrote:6-0 is the only fact you need. It ends any debate and will for the rest of time.

In the world where jordan fans concede he can only ever be the third greatest? Yes. If not, the stats are the only thing saving him against russell or kareem.

I didn't realize internally consistent logic was so triggering to mj--truthers

o FMVP .

Russell would have more fmvp's. jordan's still second best. If you want to ignore that because the award didn't exist at the time, we can always just remember that two players have been offically voted as the goat. Jordan wasn't one of them.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#304 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:00 am

Danny1616 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:FACTS
MJ is the GOAT

LeBron is right there in the discussions on who's the #2

Not really and a lot of smart people are in disagreement either way .If you want to understand the argument against MJ
Read this : https://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/michael-jordan-lebron-james-nba-finals-playoffs-perfect-record-greatest-all-time-052617

Article was awful.

He's not the GOAT because he took 18 months off?.

Playing less makes you better? The gymnastics are incredible.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#305 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:03 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:I feel bad for freethedevil.

Jordan must have caused him nightmares in the 90's.

I feel bad for eddy jukes. Freethedevil still causes nightmares for him in the 2020's

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What kind of comeback is that?

Good enoygh for "lol my idol gives you nightmares."

Shitposters don't get to be picky about the **** that's posted. If you have something relevant to say, go ahead.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,224

Re: JORDAN 6/6??? 

Post#306 » by Knicks Byke » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:03 am

pontius wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:jordan only made the finals 6 times playing inferior teams.

That's straight up not true. In 91 and 98 the Lakers and Jazz were the favorites to win it all. In 93 it was a toss up at with a lot of people thinking the Suns were the better team over the back-to-back champs.

I believe Charles was MVP of that season too.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#307 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:04 am

Pharenheit wrote:lol @ the OP :lol:

Seems like the occasional Lebron>MJ crowd is poking its head out of its hole to gauge how shot down they get yet again

Imagine bragging about "shutting people" down on a basketball forum without actually doing ****. Wierd flex, my guy.
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#308 » by SecondTake » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:07 am

freethedevil wrote:
SecondTake wrote:
freethedevil wrote:In the world where jordan fans concede he can only ever be the third greatest? Yes. If not, the stats are the only thing saving him against russell or kareem.

I didn't realize internally consistent logic was so triggering to mj--truthers

o FMVP .

Russell would have more fmvp's. jordan's still second best. If you want to ignore that because the award didn't exist at the time, we can always just remember that two players have been offically voted as the goat. Jordan wasn't one of them.

Russel was playing in a time when guys were smoking at the half. Most players then wouldnt make the G league today. He's irrelevant.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#309 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:08 am

mediocrityrules wrote:
mediocrityrules wrote:
freethedevil wrote:What simple measures? You realize there was a post under the op?

The argument wasn't "rings=great", it was there's two greater winners(who also have comparable or MUUCH better indubidual accolades).

Whether you agree or not, "Jordan is Lebron without the sustained excellence" isn't some tirade about winning.

Your argument, to begin with, is that Jordan is not the greatest because ringzzzz. Pretty simple. The counter to that being that it would put guys who were just in fortunate situations like Horry being better than someone like Jordan. Personally I don't have Jordan or LBJ as the greatest, but through this thread you seem to waver between the greatest = championships, versus the greatest = championships + individual awards + intangibles (e.g., social impact etc).

Huh?

I''m wavering between other peopl's criteria and then pivoting back to mine. Mine is simply boosting championship chances over time where lebron and kareem objectively lap the field.

I'm pointing out that the most commonly made arguments for mj falter against non-lebron candidates while lebron has a case that has multiple venues of argumentation against everyone.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#310 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:09 am

freethedevil wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
freethedevil wrote:I feel bad for eddy jukes. Freethedevil still causes nightmares for him in the 2020's

Shitposters don't get to be picky about the **** that's posted. If you have something relevant to say, go ahead.

You're the worst shitposter when it comes to MJ.

You make MJ stans look fine.

There's no point conversing with you in a serious matter.
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,238

Post#311 » by Archerbro » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:10 am

Green89 wrote:Well, Lebron is more penalized for his Finals losses than a player who loses in earlier rounds of the playoffs.

only when it comes to goat discussion, because the GOAT set a level super high for alot of players (even not lebron) to compare.
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,238

Post#312 » by Archerbro » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:12 am

AussieCeltic wrote:Let’s be honest, if Lebron played in the West, he’d max out at 5 finals appearances and that’s being generous

he won 3, and lost 6.

but yes he'd have way less appearances.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Re: MJ VS LEBRON VS WHOEVER THREAD 

Post#313 » by LKN » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:50 am

These threads are awesome - people should start more of them
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#314 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:04 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

And yet my shitposts have more educational value than the entirety of your posting history combined. :(
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#315 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:14 am

Quattro wrote:Jordan didn't have sustained excellence? Really?

Me being a Knicks fan doesn't change that you seem to struggle with counting. Russell and Kareem have won much more, hence "sustained excellent", Lebron has stayed at his peak prime level much longer, hence "sustained excellence." Jordan lacks sustained excellence when compared to goats, hence he isn't the goat. :(
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#316 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:15 am

SecondTake wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
SecondTake wrote:
o FMVP .

Russel was playing in a time when guys were smoking at the half.

Jordan played against weaker talent and in expansion, He too is irrelevant.

:(
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,619

Post#317 » by OdomFan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:34 am

well, this is going no where fast.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,224

Post#318 » by Knicks Byke » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:40 am

freethedevil wrote:
Quattro wrote:Jordan didn't have sustained excellence? Really?

Me being a Knicks fan doesn't change that you seem to struggle with counting. Russell and Kareem have won much more, hence "sustained excellent", Lebron has stayed at his peak prime level much longer, hence "sustained excellence." Jordan lacks sustained excellence when compared to goats, hence he isn't the goat. :(

as a knick fan myself, you wildin fam.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#319 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 am

freethedevil wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
freethedevil wrote:Good enoygh for "lol my idol gives you nightmares."

And yet my shitposts have more educational value than the entirety of your posting history combined. :(

When you have to talk yourself up to big up your posts, they're likely not very good in the 1st place.

I think plenty on here find your posting asinine and ignorant.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#320 » by JordansBulls » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:45 am

Russell joined a team with the league mvp and roy over him and also went 7 games vs teams that were .500 or worse.
Kareem had another top 5 player all time at his side and only won while playing with guys who won league mvp.

Lebron won 2 bronze medals. Lost to Dwight Howard with HCA a career loser when Lebron was in his prime. Been down every year of his career at least 3-2 in a series including 5 years in a row with HCA and team hopped and still has a losing record on the highest stage. All while the Warriors came out of nowhere.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan

Return to The General Board