Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Predict Sixers remaining 27 games record 

Post#1 » by kuclas » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:05 pm

14 home games
13 away games

Realistically unless we go 3-1 or 4-0 on road trip out west . We have zero shot at 3 seed. If we go 0-4. We pretty much have zero shot at 4 seed.

My best guess is Sixers go 12-2 at home
5-8 on the road

Final record 51-31. 4 or 5 seed. Depends on how much Miami fades as well. They don’t play well on the road. I could see the heat losing around 10 games looking at their schedule.

The best the Sixers can do is likely 53 wins. That won’t be good enough for 3rd seed. I see Boston with 54/55 wins. Toronto can get to 57 wins.
SexDrugsPnR
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Re: Predict Sixers remaining 27 games record 

Post#2 » by SexDrugsPnR » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:47 pm

looking at the remaining schedule and hoping for some regression to the mean in the away games, i think they can go 20-7. could be close for the 3rd seed.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,471

Post#3 » by youngcrev » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:48 pm

20-7. No actual analysis, just throwing a number out there.
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#4 » by PhillyFan11 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:00 pm

20-7 actually seems about spot on

4 road losses
@Bucks
@Lakers
@clippers
@wolves

3 Home losses
Raptors
Pacers
Rockets
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#5 » by Eyeamok » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:27 pm

I just want them to improve on the road. If they start winning on the road,they will be peaking at the right time. Then I don't care where they are in the playoff seeding, everyone will have to sit up and take notice.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#6 » by Arsenal » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:43 pm

22-5

56-26 final record. 3 seed.
MambaJuice
Junior
And1: 194

Post#7 » by MambaJuice » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:33 pm

19-8

12-2 at home - 2 losses are ATL and Raptors
7-6 on the road - we go 2-2 on that 4 game west coast trip.

Finish 53-29 and get the 4 seed or the 3 seed if we get some breaks. Lock it in.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#8 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:12 pm

A lot of easy games, and hopefully added intensity as we fight for HCA in the 1st round. I'll say 20-7, which would bring us to 54-28 overall.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#9 » by sixers4real » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:40 pm

20-7
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,893

Post#10 » by mjkvol » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:49 pm

I honestly don't care what seed they have as long as they gain confidence on the road and prove they can win there. If this group shows they can win tough road games, there is no one in the league I fear in a 7-game series.

Strangely enough, the team that would scare me at all is Toronto. Something about the way that scrappy ragtag bunch hits 3's and plays defense. If we could avoid them it wouldn't bother me at all.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#11 » by kuclas » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:48 pm

mjkvol wrote:I honestly don't care what seed they have as long as they gain confidence on the road and prove they can win there. If this group shows they can win tough road games, there is no one in the league I fear in a 7-game series.

Strangely enough, the team that would scare me at all is Toronto. Something about the way that scrappy ragtag bunch hits 3's and plays defense. If we could avoid them it wouldn't bother me at all.

Toronto is a well coach team. Their players for the most part stick to their game plan. They got savvy vet in Lowry who is a pest. A better player than Bledsoe.

They also have a coach who knows Sixers tendencies. Embiid’s confusion in the mid post. That is the biggest bottleneck. Cause Embiid wrecks havoc on defense on Toronto. They know he clogs they paint.

But they counter by confusing Embiid on offense. If Embiid had half a brain. He would establish low post deep. Sixers throw the ball and he goes up quick with the ball. It’s an automatic foul or basket almost every time. He’s mentally weak and gets frustrated and thinks he’s a guard. Toronto will let him get the ball all day 15 feet outside the paint to dribble and back in. That takes up 10-12 seconds of the shot clock The minute Embiid gets within 8 feet. The baiting fake double team. Is it coming or not confuses Embiid.

He’s got to stop that.

Get the ball outside shoot it. Establish low post deep. If neither works. Pass the ball. Play defense on the other end.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#12 » by Eyeamok » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:31 pm

kuclas wrote:
mjkvol wrote:I honestly don't care what seed they have as long as they gain confidence on the road and prove they can win there. If this group shows they can win tough road games, there is no one in the league I fear in a 7-game series.

Toronto is a well coach team. Their players for the most part stick to their game plan. They got savvy vet in Lowry who is a pest. A better player than Bledsoe.

They also have a coach who knows Sixers tendencies. Embiid’s confusion in the mid post. That is the biggest bottleneck. Cause Embiid wrecks havoc on defense on Toronto. They know he clogs they paint.

But they counter by confusing Embiid on offense. If Embiid had half a brain. He would establish low post deep. Sixers throw the ball and he goes up quick with the ball. It’s an automatic foul or basket almost every time. He’s mentally weak and gets frustrated and thinks he’s a guard. Toronto will let him get the ball all day 15 feet outside the paint to dribble and back in. That takes up 10-12 seconds of the shot clock The minute Embiid gets within 8 feet. The baiting fake double team. Is it coming or not confuses Embiid.

He’s got to stop that.

Get the ball outside shoot it. Establish low post deep. If neither works. Pass the ball. Play defense on the other end.

The beautiful thing about this season is that so many teams were gunning for the 76ers. And so they put defenses and different looks to confuse our star players and it worked. I have said that coach Brown is slow to react but once he gets it he gets it. He has seen a multitude of ways teams have tried to limit the effectiveness of Embiid and Simmons. So he has had time to develop a plan to counteract what different teams might throw at us. Now it's time to start winning on the road and having teams react to the 76ers not the 76ers reacting to other teams. It's time for coach Brown to coach.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#13 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:49 pm

kuclas wrote:

He’s got to stop that.

Ben with increased aggression would foil all of their Embiid game planning and then some. Him taking the next step makes us REALLY tough
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by mjkvol » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:01 am

kuclas wrote:

That's one thing I didn't mention - Nurse is in a different league than Brown as a coach. Hopefully by that point Brown has his rotations dialed in, Simmons is firing on all cylinders, and Embiid plays like a guy who has something to prove, and dominates in the low post.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by mjkvol » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:05 am

Sportfan73 wrote:
kuclas wrote:Ben with increased aggression would foil all of their Embiid game planning and then some. Him taking the next step makes us REALLY tough

That's the x-factor for the Sixers moving forward - if this is what we'll see from Simmons in the second half and into the playoffs, it will ruin a whole lot of game plans.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#16 » by the_process » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:33 am

18-9.

Final record 52-30.

Four seed against MIA in the 1st round.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#17 » by LloydFree » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:39 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:20-7 actually seems about spot on

4 road losses
@Bucks
@Lakers
@clippers
@wolves

3 Home losses
Raptors
Pacers
Rockets

I think the only possible home losses would be to the Rockets or Bucks, but I don't really believe they'll lose either.

I think they lose 6 or 7 more road games.

@Bucks
@Lakers
@clippers
@Pelicans
@Spurs
@Grizzlies
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#18 » by LloydFree » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:47 am

I think they go 21-6, and likely 4 seed.

Boston has a tougher schedule, so hopefully the 76ers can catch them for the 3rd seed. I think they beat Miami in the 1st round, in a 4-5 matchup, but I think that matchup will take a lot out of them, heading into a 2nd round Bucks series. Miami plays nothing like the Bucks, and will throw our offense out of whack, with all of the zone they play.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#19 » by Aussiepiston1 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:31 am

Yeah I agree, I don’t think they lose again at home and only lose 5 or 6 more road games so I’m predicting 22-5 finishing as the 3rd seed 56-26
notericjr
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#20 » by notericjr » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:14 am

23-4

Return to Philadelphia 76ers