Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#521 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:10 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Green89 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Rudy Gay also didn't have multiple All-Star caliber running mates or a top 3 coach. His team won 22 games in 07-08 and 24 games in 08-09. Gay was the #1 option offensively.

So, having all star running mates makes you an all star, or not having them prevents you? :lol: You're also blowing your own argument with your own words. Saying Gay was a number one option and the fact he couldn't generate more PPG and make even one all star teams speaks volumes.

Again, I said Tatum is better than Gay. I said that Tatum's ceiling is the Jimmy Butler/Paul George type, you can quote me from October in this very thread stating that. So far, Tatum has not proven he is even on the Butler/PG13 level

Obviously having a better team makes it easier on you, don't be stupid.

Their advanced stats aren't even remotely close those, Tatum is like 5th in the league in rpm, +-, etc..... The "better team/teammates" arguement is also kind of weak too. He's a big part why their team is good and he also makes his teammates better(which stats prove).
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,822

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#522 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:11 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Green89 wrote:
So, having all star running mates makes you an all star, or not having them prevents you? :lol: You're also blowing your own argument with your own words. Saying Gay was a number one option and the fact he couldn't generate more PPG and make even one all star teams speaks volumes.

Again, I said Tatum is better than Gay. I said that Tatum's ceiling is the Jimmy Butler/Paul George type, you can quote me from October in this very thread stating that. So far, Tatum has not proven he is even on the Butler/PG13 level

Their advanced stats aren't even remotely close those, Tatum is like 5th in the league in rpm, +-, etc..... The "better team/teammates" arguement is also kind of weak too. He's a big part why their team is good and he also makes his teammates better(which stats prove).

a 22-60 team compared to a 50+ win team is based off the difference between Tatum and Gay? you are delusional and there is no point in even entertaining that notion
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#523 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:17 am

Stop feeding the 600 post ballboy who made his account 7 months ago. He's trolling, derailing, and personal attacking. Just report that crap DON"T QUOTE HIM or talk to him about his topic. This topic is about Tatum, and what he planned on and is doing this year. Not the bucks, not giannis or where he will sign.

Report it, ignore it, and move on with the correct topic for the thread.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,900

Post#524 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:20 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Tatum is playing on a far, far HIGHER level than either of George and Butler. George is a good comp, but Tatum already looks physically stronger at ~ 22 years of age, also much better on offense and one of the best defenders in the game. Tbh, Tatum's done more at 22 than Giannis. Giannis' rise was due to eating horse meat. I'm not saying Tatum will be better than Giannis, but he's definitely better than Giannis at 22. He's had more success in virtually everything.

congrats on Tatum being better at 22 than Giannis at 22, I hope you cherish that sentiment.

Hope, we're healthy. Our main guys have missed 60 + games so far. Then I hope we meet you guys and both teams are healthy. Cheers. ;)
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#525 » by Ill News » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:21 am

RamonSessions7 wrote:Tatum is beautiful

If you ignore his pubic-hair beard, then I agree, he's beautiful.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#526 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:34 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Tatum is playing on a far, far HIGHER level than either of George and Butler. George is a good comp, but Tatum already looks physically stronger at ~ 22 years of age, also much better on offense and one of the best defenders in the game. Tbh, Tatum's done more at 22 than Giannis. Giannis' rise was due to eating horse meat. I'm not saying Tatum will be better than Giannis, but he's definitely better than Giannis at 22. He's had more success in virtually everything.

congrats on Tatum being better at 22 than Giannis at 22, I hope you cherish that sentiment.

narrator meme voice: he wasn't. I guess you could argue giannas at 21 though. 22 yo giannas had 25 PER+.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#527 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:38 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

narrator meme voice: he wasn't. I guess you could argue giannas at 21 though. 22 yo giannas had 25 PER+.

he is desperate for validation on Tatum. I would be too if my owner passed up a Chip to keep him
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#528 » by skones » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:04 am

SMTBSI wrote:
skones wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Except your cherry picking my argument and making it only about the Celtics. I said several times- you guys weren’t gonna win it all because of not only experience but your role players were overrated. You guys told me but but but the srs says we are historically great blah blah blah.

You lost to a better more experienced team and once again teams who haven’t won a round together don’t just go to the finals. Like I predicted.

LOL, you're still going. 2nd time you've responded to that post, you do you, keep planting that "I'm RIGHT!" flag out of insecurity.

This is how you know you've lost an argument: dropping all pretense to actually addressing the topic and only trying to rile up the poster.

Or, ya know, you just realize the guy is talking in circles repeating the same thing over and over, going so far as to respond to a post, and then wait 30 minutes only to decide, WAIT IM NOT DONE HERE. You're free to go back and look at his tone after the Bucks beat the Celtics and note how that lack of experience that was going to do them over in the end is absent. And now here we are 9 months later and he's calling it a win for himself.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#529 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:10 am

skones wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Except your cherry picking my argument and making it only about the Celtics. I said several times- you guys weren’t gonna win it all because of not only experience but your role players were overrated. You guys told me but but but the srs says we are historically great blah blah blah.

You lost to a better more experienced team and once again teams who haven’t won a round together don’t just go to the finals. Like I predicted.

Insecurity.....bucks fans know about that- bc only insecure fans would Justify how good they are by talking about srs ratings which mean nothing without the ring.

Go ahead and look up "projecting."

I found it -with a picture right next to the championship ya’ll had picked out last April. How’d that work out
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#530 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:24 am

Kinda surprised how much resistance there is to Tatum. Can we all just appreciate?
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#531 » by SMTBSI » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:24 am

skones wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:
skones wrote:LOL, you're still going. 2nd time you've responded to that post, you do you, keep planting that "I'm RIGHT!" flag out of insecurity.

This is how you know you've lost an argument: dropping all pretense to actually addressing the topic and only trying to rile up the poster.

Or, ya know, you just realize the guy is talking in circles repeating the same thing over and over, going so far as to respond to a post, and then wait 30 minutes only to decide, WAIT IM NOT DONE HERE. You're free to go back and look at his tone after the Bucks beat the Celtics and note how that lack of experience that was going to do them over in the end is absent. And now here we are 9 months later and he's calling it a win for himself.

I did not say I agreed with his position. My point stands. When I see a post like the one of yours I bolded, I instantly lose any interest in what that poster has to say. Just wanted to let you know. You're obviously free to take the criticism or leave it.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#532 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:05 am

SMTBSI wrote:
skones wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:This is how you know you've lost an argument: dropping all pretense to actually addressing the topic and only trying to rile up the poster.

I did not say I agreed with his position. My point stands. When I see a post like the one of yours I bolded, I instantly lose any interest in what that poster has to say. Just wanted to let you know. You're obviously free to take the criticism or leave it.

Done going back and forth with this guy but I have to admit it’s funny he calls me out for replying to something twice in a 30 min span yet he’s bringing up an argument from LAST APRIL that had nothing to do with the topic in a conversation he wasn’t apart of.

Carry on. Tatums a stud
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#533 » by sule » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 am

Tatum's doing better than I thought he would this season.

Though I think he needs to work on being able to consistently have half-decent shooting games.

His FG% isn't really that bad, but man, does he have that occasional game where he just shoots horrendously. He's been pretty good since the new year, but he'll have that 1-18 game or 3-20 game on occasion.

He'll probably work that out though, he's still young.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#534 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:56 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

he is desperate for validation on Tatum. I would be too if my owner passed up a Chip to keep him

Passed up a chip to keep him?

Lol can’t tell if trolling or not. Guess Ainge should’ve sold the farm for 1 yr of Kawhi or AD right?
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#535 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:11 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:

Lol can’t tell if trolling or not. Guess Ainge should’ve sold the farm for 1 yr of Kawhi or AD right?

but wait I thought Boston had this great management and culture, so why wouldn't they gamble on a player like Kawhi to win them a ring and potentially resign?
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,298

Post#536 » by hippesthippo » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:19 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
The Comedian wrote:Just hoping the next step is people spelling his first name correctly.

Bout as bad as "JJ Reddick"

Huh? What is it, Jay Jay Reddick?
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#537 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:19 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

but wait I thought Boston had this great management and culture, so why wouldn't they gamble on a player like Kawhi to win them a ring and potentially resign?

Because he was deadset on going to LA so you don’t give up your young assets for a rental?

Raptors won the title and were positioned to be great for the next few years with him too and he still left for LA lol.

Swing and a miss.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#538 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:26 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:

Because he was deadset on going to LA so you don’t give up your young assets for a rental?

Raptors won the title and were positioned to be great for the next few years with him too and he still left for LA lol.

Swing and a miss.

right sorry I forgot that a title is so worthless that you wouldn't consider giving up a young asset to win one
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#539 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:33 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Swing and a miss.

right sorry I forgot that a title is so worthless that you wouldn't consider giving up a young asset to win one

Yeah Ainge definitely made the wrong move not trading Tatum and other young pieces for one year of Kawhi. Now he’s stuck with Tatum instead of being stuck with neither Kawhi or Tatum. What a moron.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,144

Post#540 » by DarkAzcura » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:34 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Swing and a miss.

You sound incredibly silly and have for many posts.

sule wrote:Tatum's doing better than I thought he would this season.

Though I think he needs to work on being able to consistently have half-decent shooting games.

His FG% isn't really that bad, but man, does he have that occasional game where he just shoots horrendously. He's been pretty good since the new year, but he'll have that 1-18 game or 3-20 game on occasion.

He'll probably work that out though, he's still young.

Not to nitpick but he only had one 1-18 game (November) and a 2-16 game (January). Other than those games he has been pretty consistent. His worst shooting nights after that are like 5-18 which really isn’t unusual even for the best.

Since that 1-18 performance, he has shot around 46% from the field. On the season he has had 6 games under 30% FG but two of them came in the first 9 games.

In the last 41 games he has had only 4 games under 30%.

Just as a comparison, Kawhi has had 3 games under 30% (in 42 games played), George has had 8 games under 30% (in 34 games played), and Butler has had 8 games under 30% (in 46 games played) as well.

Return to The General Board