Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year?

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 102

LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#61 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:12 am

Klay and Steph have to return to form before they can be in any sort of title discussion. Klay especially is probably not going to be the same player right away with that injury. Steph's hand injury is easier to come back from, but as a guy known primarily for his shooting ability it is concerning.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Post#62 » by tmorgan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:18 am

Warriorfan wrote:Beal creates the same problems as DLo.

Ideal player Post D and perimeter O

He may not be perfect, but it sure seems like he’d be available if the price was right... go get Myles Turner with those assets. Doubt Indy will free you from Maple Jordan, though.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#63 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:17 am

tmorgan wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:Beal creates the same problems as DLo.

Ideal player Post D and perimeter O

He may not be perfect, but it sure seems like he’d be available if the price was right... go get Myles Turner with those assets. Doubt Indy will free you from Maple Jordan, though.
I've always been a Wiggins hater, but if he keeps playing like he did in his first games with the Warriors, he's welcome to stay.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,254

Post#64 » by Lunartic » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:47 pm

michaelm wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
You say this like we don't already know how good Curry is

We know how well he plays when he has a multitude of all stars covering for him defensively and spreading the floor for him

He's a great player unquestionably but I believe he's also one of the most overated players in modern NBA history.

So is he only good because of them, or did they become good because of him ?. It isn’t one or the other imo, but there is plenty of evidence for the latter.

It's both, he definitely makes players better and playing alongside great players makes him better as well.

I'm saying that he is overrated by most fans. Like you said, it's not either/or. I doubt he would have a single title if it weren't for severe injuries to that Cavs team and Durant joining afterward.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#65 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:45 pm

Why on earth would the wizard trade beal for Wiggins hahaha . Never going happen
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#66 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:47 pm

GregOden wrote:They need size and length on the defensive end for the playoffs, not more shooters to run up the score against bad teams in the regular season.

Also agree they will need trade for capela big or draft a big man I would try get capela somehow they are in win now mode this draft is light
naabzor
Analyst
And1: 2,715

Post#67 » by naabzor » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:30 pm

I mean they can move Thompson at sf and Beal at guard and man, good luck stop them from scoring.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#68 » by EricAnderson » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:13 pm

[instagram][/instagram]
SWYM wrote:Wiseman will make Dubs the favorite...

Perfect storm just occurred and after this summer, Dubs will have another title window open for next 3 years.

Lol no.. Wiseman isn’t who you think he is clearly.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#69 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:16 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:Warriors haters: "Dynasty is over. They never coming back. Look how bad their team looks now."

Also Warriors haters: "Beal? How much help does Steph need???"

I don't get it. Do they suck or are they stacked/unfair? I've been confused with the narratives lately. Just like when people would say Klay/Draymond are overrated and aren't real all-stars, but then also say the Warriors are unfair for having too many good players. Make up your minds. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think its really that confusing. Right now they suck because they're missing their two best players. Next year if their old core is healthy though they should be a top 4 team in the west. If they find one more all star caliber guy then they probably contend. I don't think Beal would be that guy though.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#70 » by EricAnderson » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:22 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:Why on earth would the wizard trade beal for Wiggins hahaha . Never going happen

It would be for the potential two lottery picks. Wiggins would be just to match salaries.

Though if I’m the Wizards and I’m trading Beal id look for team desperate enough to take Wall as well if they included Beal.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#71 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:25 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Why on earth would the wizard trade beal for Wiggins hahaha . Never going happen

It would be for the potential two lottery picks. Wiggins would be just to match salaries.

Though if I’m the Wizards and I’m trading Beal id look for team desperate enough to take Wall as well if they included Beal.

Wall coming off the warriors bench would be kinda funny
gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#72 » by gorz » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:43 pm

Warriors are never winning another title..their title window has closed. Main reason being Steph Curry is no longer a top 3 or 5 player in the league..he looked horrible in his return. Beal doesn't provide anything more than Dlo does and is the worse player so no.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#73 » by xdrta+ » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:02 am

gorz wrote:Warriors are never winning another title..their title window has closed. Main reason being Steph Curry is no longer a top 3 or 5 player in the league..he looked horrible in his return.

Seems like some of the players feel differently about Curry than you do. This from Giannis about Curry.

"Let me be honest with you," Giannis told reporters during NBA All-Star Weekend in Chicago. "The players, we kind of enjoy that he's not playing — not enjoy that he's hurt. We want him to be healthy, but he just makes it way, way tougher for the rest of the league."
trending
Junior
And1: 238

Post#74 » by trending » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:08 am

swapping wiggins for beal isn't winning you a chip.

gs should clean house except for curry. thompson, and some of their picks would net a nice return.
theedgeam.com every saturday night
the inventor of bball was born in canada and the inventor of the phone is buried in canada
i'm also from canada
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#75 » by xdrta+ » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:35 am

trending wrote:swapping wiggins for beal isn't winning you a chip.

gs should clean house except for curry. thompson, and some of their picks would net a nice return.

Terrible idea. With the current roster plus picks they're in the mix as contender next season.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#76 » by michaelm » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:03 am

Lunartic wrote:
michaelm wrote:
Lunartic wrote:

We know how well he plays when he has a multitude of all stars covering for him defensively and spreading the floor for him

He's a great player unquestionably but I believe he's also one of the most overated players in modern NBA history.

So is he only good because of them, or did they become good because of him ?. It isn’t one or the other imo, but there is plenty of evidence for the latter.

It's both, he definitely makes players better and playing alongside great players makes him better as well.

I'm saying that he is overrated by most fans. Like you said, it's not either/or. I doubt he would have a single title if it weren't for severe injuries to that Cavs team and Durant joining afterward.

And I think he could easily have 5 titles.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#77 » by michaelm » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:10 am

gorz wrote:Warriors are never winning another title..their title window has closed. Main reason being Steph Curry is no longer a top 3 or 5 player in the league..he looked horrible in his return. Beal doesn't provide anything more than Dlo does and is the worse player so no.

Perhaps I am missing something, but am I now in a parallel universe where Curry has returned from his injury?. Last I recall he led GSW to a WCF win without Durant, and with what remained of the GSW team was contesting Toronto strongly in the finals till Klay Thompson went down as well.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,254

Post#78 » by Lunartic » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:53 pm

michaelm wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
michaelm wrote:So is he only good because of them, or did they become good because of him ?. It isn’t one or the other imo, but there is plenty of evidence for the latter.

And I think he could easily have 5 titles.

That isn't supprted by facts.

He won a single title against LeBron and Dellavadova, what happened when LeBron actually had his two best players? Curry got upset hard.

Afterwards, the Curry/Durant team was obviously unbeatable by any team in the league.

Curry is a great player but he hasn't shown an ability to win at the highest levels without having a ridiculous advantage in teams.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,278

Post#79 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:08 pm

I don’t care for the fit of Beal sandwiched in between Curry and Klay. He’s a fairly high volume, high USG%, on-ball player and doesn’t add enough intangibles to the team to justify trading for him. It would be one thing if he was adding incredible versatility, or quality defense, or rebounding but he doesn’t add any of those things.

If I’m GS, I’m focusing on adding a veteran presence off the bench, and a big that can space the floor at league average 3pt%.
Eric Millegan
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,304

Post#80 » by Eric Millegan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:25 pm

wfiles wrote:There's been a lot of talks of the Warriors possibly trading for Beal this summer. They can do Wiggins, Warriors' 2020 1st pick, Minnesota's 2021 top 3 protected 1st pick for Beal. Beal, Curry, Thompson, and Green would probably be the best foursome in the NBA. Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year?

I think they're the favorites without Beal. Beal would be bonus.
Check out "Around the NBA with Chris & Eric” on Underdog Podcasts.

Return to The General Board