ImageImageImageImageImage

The offense and what it's supposed to be

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Re: The offense and what it's supposed to be 

Post#81 » by Vae Victus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:20 am

The PG13 trade is really starting to look like an utter disaster. He's already being babied real hard and he's still breaking down physically. We already know the score on Kawhi and his quads are a ticking time bomb.

Ugh, why couldnt Kawhi be happy with Jimmy Butler as a running mate. Coulda had em both, SEGA, and all of the picks.
Clippers2020
Junior
And1: 177

Post#82 » by Clippers2020 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:59 pm

2-0 versus the Lakers, and 3rd in the West (and 1 game from 2nd) despite load management and injuries.
Things are going according to plan without Jimmy Butler.
Paul George is a better perimeter shooter anyway shooting .394 downtown, Butler only .248 downtown.
And now Marcus Morris in the holster.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,076

Post#83 » by og15 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:51 pm

Vae Victus wrote:The PG13 trade is really starting to look like an utter disaster. He's already being babied real hard and he's still breaking down physically. We already know the score on Kawhi and his quads are a ticking time bomb.

Ugh, why couldnt Kawhi be happy with Jimmy Butler as a running mate. Coulda had em both, SEGA, and all of the picks.

Historically Jimmy Butler is a far greater injury risk than George, so I'm not sure arguing for Butler on the basis of health is the best argument. George is having it tough this season, but Butler has had it tough a lot of seasons injury wise. He's played 67 games or fewer in 5/6 previous seasons, last season some he did just sit out. There was even concern that he was playing injured for Minnesota in the 2018 playoffs.

Since his big injury season, George has averaged 78 games/season. He had the 6 game season, then before that 80, 79 and 66/66. His rookie season I won't count as he likely had some DNP's, but outside of one season with a big injury and this season, his highest missed games was 7 games in 16-17 (played 75).
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#84 » by NippySudz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:40 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see PG till early April. Sit out rest. Don't rush to come back

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Clippers2020
Junior

Post#85 » by Clippers2020 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Lucky we got Marcus Morris.
We could actually win the championship without Paul George ever playing another game.
So no rush to come back at all.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#86 » by NippySudz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:15 pm

Clippers2020 wrote:Lucky we got Marcus Morris.
We could actually win the championship without Paul George ever playing another game.
Who do you think Marcus Morris is?

Marcus Morris isn't a legit number 2.

We can win games with Mook. We need PG healthy to win a chip imo

Clippers2020
Junior

Post#87 » by Clippers2020 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:19 am

NippySudz wrote:

Our defense is good enough to win the championship without Paul George, because of Marcus Morris.
And our offense is deep enough to win a championship without Paul George, and may even be better without Paul George if you take into account chemistry.
If Paul George returns and we play enough together to improve chemistry, then I'd think we will be better with Paul George.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#88 » by QRich3 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:26 am

I love the optimism, but winning a championship is gonna be hard enough with everyone healthy and playing at full potential. If one or more of our most important players in not healthy, chances will be slim to none.

I think sometimes people forget how difficult and epic is to manage to win a championship.
Clippers2020
Junior

Post#89 » by Clippers2020 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:57 am

QRich3 wrote:I love the optimism, but winning a championship is gonna be hard enough with everyone healthy and playing at full potential. If one or more of our most important players in not healthy, chances will be slim to none.

I think sometimes people forget how difficult and epic is to manage to win a championship.

Okay forget a championship - because nobody can predict what would happen in 4 rounds of playoffs - but how about specifically a series versus the Lakers?
If Paul George was unavailable for a 7-game series with the Lakers, what do you think the outcome would be?
Without Paul George we still have enough scoring options to beat the Lakers, and we definitely have the defense, and Kawhi was always going to be the closer....
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by QRich3 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Not sure, it depends how they're looking too, if they can add someone in the buyout market etc. I'd probably give them the upper hand.

We wouldn't stand a chance against the Bucks though, like it would be really hard to avoid a sweep. Then you have to get by teams like the Jazz, Nuggets, Rockets, which would be really difficult as well.

If Kawhi or George are not healthy, we're toast. Not sure which round, but we're not going all the way.
Clippers2020
Junior

Post#91 » by Clippers2020 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:52 pm

Well I don't classify Giannis as a closer, especially in the playoffs vs. elite half-court defense, so the Bucks are in trouble and won't reach the Finals in my opinion.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by NippySudz » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:55 pm

Clippers2020 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Our defense is good enough to win the championship without Paul George, because of Marcus Morris.
And our offense is deep enough to win a championship without Paul George, and may even be better without Paul George if you take into account chemistry.
If Paul George returns and we play enough together to improve chemistry, then I'd think we will be better with Paul George.
This sounds like one of those "the warriors are better without Kevin Durant " hot takes where people looked at the numbers and concluded that.

It's a bogus take. Marcus Morris isn't even an all star. He's not that good. He's solid.

Paul George is good. Paul George is an elite defender. Paul George takes a lot of pressure off kawhi

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#93 » by NippySudz » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Clippers2020 wrote:
QRich3 wrote:I love the optimism, but winning a championship is gonna be hard enough with everyone healthy and playing at full potential. If one or more of our most important players in not healthy, chances will be slim to none.

Okay forget a championship - because nobody can predict what would happen in 4 rounds of playoffs - but how about specifically a series versus the Lakers?
If Paul George was unavailable for a 7-game series with the Lakers, what do you think the outcome would be?
Without Paul George we still have enough scoring options to beat the Lakers, and we definitely have the defense, and Kawhi was always going to be the closer....
Who cares about the Lakers? we are trying to win a championship. The road to Larry may not even go through LaL

Clippers2020
Junior

Post#94 » by Clippers2020 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:57 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Clippers2020 wrote:

Who cares about the Lakers? we are trying to win a championship.

Well I don't see the East beating us, so its all about beating the Lakers and one other Western team (unless you think we'll lose in the 1st Round).
Western Conference Semis.
Western Conference Finals.
That is how we win the championship.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#95 » by NippySudz » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:01 pm

Clippers2020 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Clippers2020 wrote:Okay forget a championship - because nobody can predict what would happen in 4 rounds of playoffs - but how about specifically a series versus the Lakers?
Who cares about the Lakers? we are trying to win a championship.

Well I don't see the East beating us, so its all about beating the Lakers and one other Western team (unless you think we'll lose in the 1st Round).

Anything can happen in the playoffs. Lakers can get eliminated in the second round.

Nothing is a guarantee. No one ever saw Toronto entering the championship picture.

Everyone said bucks vs warriors last yr.

Clippers2020
Junior

Post#96 » by Clippers2020 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:06 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Clippers2020 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Who cares about the Lakers? we are trying to win a championship.

Anything can happen in the playoffs. Lakers can get eliminated in the second round.

Nothing is a guarantee. No one ever saw Toronto entering the championship picture.

Everyone said bucks vs warriors last yr.

Well I never gave Giannis a chance last year, and I never will, unless he improves his handles and shooting.....or teams up with someone for a ride.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by QRich3 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:36 pm

Clippers2020 wrote:Well I don't classify Giannis as a closer, especially in the playoffs vs. elite half-court defense, so the Bucks are in trouble and won't reach the Finals in my opinion.

They used to say that about Lebron before he won his 1st too. Even taking what you say as the truth, that's not a reason to disqualify them, they are a 15-man team, and a great one. Probably best team we've since this century behind the Warriors and the Kobe-Shaq Lakers.

Everyone can beat us really, in the postseason you have a bad day and you're the 2007 Mavs. Your dismissal of teams is way too nonchalant, reality is always more complicated.
Clippers2020
Junior

Post#98 » by Clippers2020 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:30 pm

QRich3 wrote:
Clippers2020 wrote:Well I don't classify Giannis as a closer, especially in the playoffs vs. elite half-court defense, so the Bucks are in trouble and won't reach the Finals in my opinion.

They used to say that about Lebron before he won his 1st too. Even taking what you say as the truth, that's not a reason to disqualify them, they are a 15-man team, and a great one. Probably best team we've since this century behind the Warriors and the Kobe-Shaq Lakers.

Everyone can beat us really, in the postseason you have a bad day and you're the 2007 Mavs. Your dismissal of teams is way too nonchalant, reality is always more complicated.

Well, "they" (the majority, I assume) are usually wrong, and I never agreed with them.
In fact I think "they" are saying Giannis is good enough to carry Milwaukee to a championship this year.

LeBron needed to improve his shooting (although he was already hitting .351 on 3.9 trey attempts per game in his 2nd year, far superior to Giannis), but he never needed to improve his handles.
Giannis is a world away from being a champion, because he lacks the shooting ability and the handles to take-over when his spot-up shooters go cold in a big playoff game.

LeBron always had the handles, and was a dangerous streak shooter and only needed to become more consistent.
Giannis hasn't even got the streaky shot yet.

I have no problem with you thinking that our "chances will be slim to none" if Paul George doesn't play, but I think our chances are better than slim without Paul George.
And I never said we are a lock to win the championship without Paul George, so yes anyone can beat anyone.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,885

Post#99 » by esqtvd » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:40 pm

REGGIE JACKSON IN, RODNEY MCGRUDER TO THE BACK OF THE BENCH

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#100 » by donemilio21 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:58 am

esqtvd wrote:REGGIE JACKSON IN, RODNEY MCGRUDER TO THE BACK OF THE BENCH

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Shamet would average 20ppg if he were to play with Jokic at Center instead of Zubac. I'm glad Doc starting running plays for him inthe last few weeks.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers