ImageImage

Buyouts and waived free agents.

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Buyouts and waived free agents. 

Post#1 » by texasholdem » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:39 am

Isaiah Thomas about to be a free agent. We could start him at center!
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Re: Buyouts and waived free agents. 

Post#2 » by jwise44 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:41 am

I know tt said he won’t pursue a buyout but with them getting Drummond, isn’t there a chance he will? If we get him after buyout then I am satisfied but not happy with this trade deadline
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#3 » by TMU » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:58 am

I'm not sure if TT will be a good fit here. The guy's more of a half court set player and I don't see him running well with the rest of the guys. If the Rockets can't find a C, I say **** it and continue Tucker at 5 with Hartenstein backing him up.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#4 » by texasholdem » Fri Feb 7, 2020 3:13 am

Wouldn't it be too weird to have Tristan here considering he and Harden both dated the same Kardashian? Let's bring Lamar Odom out of retirement too.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#5 » by K_chile22 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 6:29 am

Marvin Williams is there dream. Centers are for dorks (is be happy with TT tho)
jove9
Starter
And1: 159

Post#6 » by jove9 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 11:35 pm

texasholdem wrote:Wouldn't it be too weird to have Tristan here considering he and Harden both dated the same Kardashian? Let's bring Lamar Odom out of retirement too.

Do Eskimo Brothers make great teammates? We might find out!
spolgar
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#7 » by spolgar » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:42 pm

Michael Beasley could use a job.

Iman Shumpert got bought out.

Trey Burke from the Sixers got bought out.

A point guard that's shoot first and can't defend, a wing player that can't really shoot but can defend and run an offense, and a tweener forward that finds D'Antoni and their coaching staff to be passive aggressive.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#8 » by ken6199 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:08 am

Why don't we give the Manimal another look? He averaged like 17/9 for us last season as starter.

Last I heard from him is he played for a CBA team then got released.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:48 am

ken6199 wrote:Why don't we give the Manimal another look? He averaged like 17/9 for us last season as starter.

I remember reading from Iko that apparently he wasn't thrilled with his role/playing time last season, think he mentioned it early on or even in preseason.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#10 » by ken6199 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:21 pm

bondom34 wrote:
ken6199 wrote:Why don't we give the Manimal another look? He averaged like 17/9 for us last season as starter.

I remember reading from Iko that apparently he wasn't thrilled with his role/playing time last season, think he mentioned it early on or even in preseason.

Iko was referring to that standoff on contract extension in the summer that's why he went to the CBA. I guess thats where the bad blood was spilled, and things were worse than reported.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#11 » by bondom34 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:27 pm

ken6199 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Iko was referring to that standoff on contract extension in the summer that's why he went to the CBA. I guess thats where the bad blood was spilled, and things were worse than reported.

Ah maybe that's what it was, was thinking playing time but it was a while ago. Would have liked him on this team too, was hoping for a big but heck, lean into the whole smallball thing and see where it goes. It's been really entertaining.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#12 » by BallerTalk » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:16 pm

bondom34 wrote:
ken6199 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I remember reading from Iko that apparently he wasn't thrilled with his role/playing time last season, think he mentioned it early on or even in preseason.

Ah maybe that's what it was, was thinking playing time but it was a while ago. Would have liked him on this team too, was hoping for a big but heck, lean into the whole smallball thing and see where it goes. It's been really entertaining.

There was a rumor Faried was dissatisfied with his role and (lack of) playing time, particularly in the playoffs, with the Rockets at the end of last season and that he thought he would get better offers during the summer.
Obviously that never materialized for him.

I don't believe there was ever anything addressed officially but apparently there was some level of disconnect between him and the team.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#13 » by K_chile22 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:28 pm

bondom34 wrote:

He didn't even show up for half the GS series for 'personal reasons' which was hinted at to be PT related, which lines up with his problems elsewhere in the league and why he isn't on a team right now. Plus his defense was a tire fire.

As for the guys they signed, I like Carroll's energy, if he can hit like 35% on three he's a nice depth piece. Green looks really spry, maybe he just needs to be a small ball center now
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#14 » by TMU » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:49 am

Jeff Green has been solid thus far. Fits well imo.
Beacon
Junior
And1: 164

Post#15 » by Beacon » Mon Mar 2, 2020 11:47 am

What about Troy Daniel?

Return to Houston Rockets