ImageImage

Capuano and Mench suck. Brewers lose. Ump needs glasses.

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#101 » by Buck You » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:13 am

Corey Hart just walks and then Mench swings at the first f**king pitch. What a fu**king pathetic at bat.
Comet
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#102 » by Comet » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:13 am

I'm swearing uncontrollably as we speak.
goirish2107
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#103 » by goirish2107 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:13 am

i can't count the number of times they started at bats 0-1. you can't win game when you're hitting from behind all the time
goirish2107
Rookie

Post#104 » by goirish2107 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:14 am

its just so much more frustrating because no one takes any accountability for anything.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#105 » by bigkurty » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:15 am

Comet wrote:I'm swearing uncontrollably as we speak.

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** me too ****
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#106 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:15 am

Why not pinch hit Jenkins for Mench?
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
goirish2107
Rookie

Post#107 » by goirish2107 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:16 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:Why not pinch hit Jenkins for Mench?

ill second that
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#108 » by Nowak008 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:16 am

Seasons over.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by Buck You » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:17 am

"We lose and we're only 2.5 games back." Only Davey?? You fricken idiot, we were leading by 8 before.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#110 » by bigkurty » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:17 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:Why not pinch hit Jenkins for Mench?

Cause our Manager is a POS.
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#111 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:17 am

goirish2107 wrote:ill second that

I mean sure, he might have strikeout or done the exact same thing Mench did, but it's almost a no-brainer to put Jenkins in that spot.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by Buck You » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:19 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I mean sure, he might have strikeout or done the exact same thing Mench did, but it's almost a no-brainer to put Jenkins in that spot.

No brainers are not Ned's emo.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,678

Post#113 » by msiris » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:22 am

Brewers are a stupid team. Fielder on a 1-2 count knows he going to get a crappy pitch to hit. Strikes out. Balde swings at the first pitch. Yost changes the lineup order again. We have beeen Yosted again. :banghead: But whats new. I am going to take a line from Sigra from the bucks forum when he said Stotts had to go because he was bad luck. Yost seems to always make the wrong move. Get rid of the bad luck manager.
Ride the tank
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by Buck You » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:27 am

Can we plus cut Crapuano now? Was today enough??
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#115 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:30 am

Why did Mench even have the opportunity to swing at that pitch?
Why didn't Yost pinch hit for Mench, who has terrible numbers vs RHPs?

Why don't you bring Counsell in to pinch hit? Doesn't he actually have pretty good numbers with the bases loaded? He might have even been able to draw a walk and bring in the tying run.

Didn't we have Geoff Jenkins available as well? Or even Estrada hitting left handed? There is just no way Mench should have been given that at bat.

And even prior to that, I don't know why we even bother using Capuano right now. Any time he pitches these days, it equates to a loss. Maybe Capuano can get things back on track at some point, but you don't use a game against the Cubs at this point to see if Capuano has turned things around. Figure something else out. I don't care if we would have had to use the entire rest of the bullbpen (minus Capuano) in this game if that is what it would take. A loss against the Cubs, considering it gives the Cubs a win as well, is worse than if we had burned out our bullpen and not been able to win Friday against the Pirates due to not having enough of the bullpen available. THAT would be the game where Capuano can be put in if need be. Not tonights game against the Cubs.
Grr.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
msiris
RealGM

Post#116 » by msiris » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:34 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Why did Mench even have the opportunity to swing at that pitch?

Why don't you bring Counsell in to pinch hit? Doesn't he actually have pretty good numbers with the bases loaded? He might have even been able to draw a walk and bring in the tying run.

Didn't we have Geoff Jenkins available as well? Or even Estrada hitting left handed? There is just no way Mench should have been given that at bat.

And even prior to that, I don't know why we even bother using Capuano right now. Any time he pitches these days, it equates to a loss. Maybe Capuano can get things back on track at some point, but you don't use a game against the Cubs at this point to see if Capuano has turned things around. Figure something else out. I don't care if we would have had to use the entire rest of the bullbpen (minus Capuano) in this game if that is what it would take. A loss against the Cubs, considering it gives the Cubs a win as well, is worse than if we had burned out our bullpen and not been able to win Friday against the Pirates due to not having enough of the bullpen available. THAT would be the game where Capuano can be put in if need be. Not tonights game against the Cubs.
Grr.
Youve been Yosted thats why. But seriously I thought the same thing. All season he plays by the numbers. Than when it counts the most he does nothing. He just cant make the right call.
Ride the tank
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#117 » by Gordon Bombay » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:35 am

good series fellas.....good luck the rest of the way
msiris
RealGM

Post#118 » by msiris » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:41 am

I Am A Witness wrote:good series fellas.....good luck the rest of the way
We need more than good luck and getting it from a Cubs fan
when they dont have much either is kind of sad. :lol: Kind of like two homeless guys wishing each other luck when they both get hit by a truck doing so. :D See yah next year.
Ride the tank
Asher
Starter
And1: 159

Post#119 » by Asher » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:47 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Why did Mench even have the opportunity to swing at that pitch?

Grr.

this is why you, or i, or this forum as a whole, would make a better manager than ned yost. we would generally play the numbers, and NOT put in the guy who just got demoted to the bullpen for sucking as a pitcher.
ned yost uses his gut and his heart, and not his head. perhaps the most pivotal game of the season thus far, and yost plays the same losing cards he's been playing since 24-10.
oh and the dumb f*^& got himself on national television saying our ship is sinking. brilliant. and why, mr. yost, do you think that is??????
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#120 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:49 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Why don't you bring Counsell in to pinch hit? Doesn't he actually have pretty good numbers with the bases loaded? He might have even been able to draw a walk and bring in the tying run.

I was actually gonna say this but was expecting flack for it, but Counsell has had good success with runners in scoring position later in games. I was actually hoping for him to PH for Braun, who save last night and a game in Houston, has been God awful in those situations.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers